Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Seeker, have an interesting question for you(or anyone else who would like to add). You said, in the other thread, about opening your third eye while meditating. When you do this, you see your surroundings with the amber hue to everything.

When I meditate, I open my third eye for short intervals... but it's rarely my surroundings. I've only had 2 or 3 times that I've done this that it's my actual "real time" surroundings. They are usually just "random" images, or short snips of a person, place, nature, scenario, etc.

It's got me thinking, because when I had my obe, the other day, it was my surroundings that I was seeing/experiencing rather than something displaced from my immediate surroundings. Is this because of the "level" of focus/energy, or is there some other driving factor to this, like intention, etc? When I was oob, there was a clear intention that "I need to see", but I also recognize the fact that when I was oob, there is a marked difference in my level of focus/energy.

Honestly, I think its just practice. I get random images to, but at some point a form starts out of the darkness behind my eyes. Its usually a zoomed in section of what would be my normal vision would be. Then expanding it or shifting it afterwards.

I have found that control and the way to more interesting experiences is really just about learning your mind. Think of it like ridding a bike. Your body is balancing on the bike to keep it up. It took practice to be able to do this. I have developed the ability to follow my shifts in consciousness almost all the way down to sleep, but there are twists and turns as well. There are corridors and hallways. Rooms, and the outdoors. Its a bit of a maze. I have certain pathways that I follow because I have gotten used to them and I know where they will take me, I explore other paths at times, and there are places that I avoid for various reasons.

You are engaged in exploring all this. You are taking baby steps down these hallways. Im trying not to sound cryptic or ambiguous, but these levels and shifts are entirely internal experiences without a physical equivalent to relate them to so I am only left with analogy. There is a pathway down to sleep and lucid dreaming, there is pathway to the third eye opening while you meditate, there is a pathway to AP, a patheway to a state I call walking Hell, a pathway to merger that uses the pathway to AP, a pathway to satori ( an entirely waking and actively alert and physical beginning then a physically active altered state), a pathway to opiate like euphoria. These are just those that I have become aware of. There are many paths that I have looked down or passed over that I have not ventured into yet.

I have become interested in multiple personalities and the abilities of varying personalities to actually have diabetes and bad eye sight while the other personality does not. There is a corridor to control these things, and I want to find it. All internal process from body temperature, to release of adrenalin, serotonin, antibodies, insulin can be controlled consciously. Imagine what human beings are really capable of. The sky is not the limit.

With the right awareness we may be capable of doing things that we have not even dreamed of. I think this is what truly wakening up really means.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, I just got exited :D

• Like 3

Glad to see this thread STILL going. :) ive had some interesting expierences but no 100% successful projections.

Guys great article i found regarding obes

http://www.technolog...ody-experience/

Guys i have been experimenting with Tinnitus, And i do believe i had some success. My method was to silence that little voice in my head so i would hear nothing but "Static".Don't get me wrong though. It was really hard to silence that little voice in my head. But overtime it got easier to make sure no random thoughts entered my head. After it started to get really loud i told it to spread out from my head and into my body. That's when the vibrations started. And i must say they were the most intense vibrations that i have ever had. The only thing that stooped me from exiting was some random thought entered my head and it planted the thought what if i don't come back? I feel as though it was a last ditch defense mechanism by my mind to prevent me from leaving my body. As at the time i was aware of my surroundings, and was not 100% a sleep. My body was a sleep but my mind was awake. And unfortunately i think it won. :td:

But it wasn't a compleat loss as i was actually able to move my "Astral Arms" where i knew i wasn't moving my physical arms. It felt so real that i had to open my eyes to make sure i wasn't moving my real arms and sure enough i wasn't. The vibrations were so intense that with me moving my "Astral Arms", i felt as if this could be the secret to Telekinesis. The sensations was just like moving my real arm and i wanted to find a nearby object to pick up but no luck. So i guess that theory will have to wait if i can achieve that sensation again.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 3

Guys i have been experimenting with Tinnitus, And i do believe i had some success. My method was to silence that little voice in my head so i would hear nothing but "Static".Don't get me wrong though. It was really hard to silence that little voice in my head. But overtime it got easier to make sure no random thoughts entered my head. After it started to get really loud i told it to spread out from my head and into my body. That's when the vibrations started. And i must say they were the most intense vibrations that i have ever had. The only thing that stooped me from exiting was some random thought entered my head and it planted the thought what if i don't come back? I feel as though it was a last ditch defense mechanism by my mind to prevent me from leaving my body. As at the time i was aware of my surroundings, and was not 100% a sleep. My body was a sleep but my mind was awake. And unfortunately i think it won. :td:

But it wasn't a compleat loss as i was actually able to move my "Astral Arms" where i knew i wasn't moving my physical arms. It felt so real that i had to open my eyes to make sure i wasn't moving my real arms and sure enough i wasn't. The vibrations were so intense that with me moving my "Astral Arms", i felt as if this could be the secret to Telekinesis. The sensations was just like moving my real arm and i wanted to find a nearby object to pick up but no luck. So i guess that theory will have to wait if i can achieve that sensation again.

Hi,

That little voice in you mind is your ego, and it can cause a lot of problems in this area.

I've done a lot of work myself on understanding and taming the ego and cant really say that I've made that much progress because it's still something that hampers me.

I've found that when thoughts arise you should pause, acknowledge it, and exhale it away.

At the moment I have three methods to get past the ego issue.

1. Dull down the ego, allow it to observe but not control. This kind of makes ego go into a half sleep or shrinks and dulls it's responses to any stimuli you see, feel or hear. (you kind of have to acknowledge ego to do this, and that means understanding your ego self)
  2. Step aside from ego, ignore it long enough and you end up detached from it. This is sometimes amusing & annoying in it's self as you sit there trying to clear you mind with something of a chatterbox radio babbling away beside you.. lol, I personally wouldn't recommend this because it's very distracting.
  3. Take ego along for the ride, but be aware that it will spoil the fun and try to control what you see, feel, or hear, which it seems is exactly what happened in your instance. (I sometimes take this route because I feel it's important to have ego on my side.)

Edited to add: Am sure if I'm wrong I'll be corrected.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

I just got back into trying to AP. I stopped for a year or so. I can always get to the vibrational stage, pretty fast too. It takes like 15 mins and i feel like im being shocked without the pain and I feel like im swaying side to side. Then my eyes open on their own and I think that im out...but i sit up and its my physical body. So why cant I get out? Everytime I think im moving its my physical body.

I just got back into trying to AP. I stopped for a year or so. I can always get to the vibrational stage, pretty fast too. It takes like 15 mins and i feel like im being shocked without the pain and I feel like im swaying side to side.

That's about the same amount of time it takes for me to get vibrating when i practice it.

Well i have realized that there are two numbing stages (for me atleast). The first is tingly. The 2nd is more itchy and warm and envelopes your whole body including your face. Then theres a while where you wait and then the vibrations start.

Well i have realized that there are two numbing stages (for me atleast). The first is tingly. The 2nd is more itchy and warm and envelopes your whole body including your face. Then theres a while where you wait and then the vibrations start.

Yes. The warm tingly stage is very pleasurable. It's fun to hold that state. It takes a whole lot of awareness to be able to discern these different places. Nice job.

Yes. The warm tingly stage is very pleasurable. It's fun to hold that state. It takes a whole lot of awareness to be able to discern these different places. Nice job.

Have you ever had the sleep paralysis numbing be so strong that you confused it for the vibrational stage? It seems like the blackness behind my eyes becomes engorged with blinking lights and the feeling that im on a boat swaying back and forth.

So this morning, i think i projected 4 different times. The weird part is.. i kept ending up in dream scenarios..

My snooze on my alarm is set for 15 minutes. And each time it went off i would 'wake up' and try again. I dont think i am dreaming the whole thing because if i was, then i have drempt about the exact same exiting feeling 7 or 8 times now. Im only able to get these exiting expierences in the morning (hence the presleep aspect) and each time i really feel like im rising up/rolling out and i can feel the 'ripping' away from my body not to mention i am incredibley clumsy and sometimes blind once out. But eventually, each time i will end up dreaming. At which point i obviously have no problems 'seeing' and moving. And i usually dont realize it til after my alarm goes off. It is so weird. I really hope im not dreaming the entire expierence.

So this morning, i think i projected 4 different times. The weird part is.. i kept ending up in dream scenarios..

My snooze on my alarm is set for 15 minutes. And each time it went off i would 'wake up' and try again. I dont think i am dreaming the whole thing because if i was, then i have drempt about the exact same exiting feeling 7 or 8 times now. Im only able to get these exiting expierences in the morning (hence the presleep aspect) and each time i really feel like im rising up/rolling out and i can feel the 'ripping' away from my body not to mention i am incredibley clumsy and sometimes blind once out. But eventually, each time i will end up dreaming. At which point i obviously have no problems 'seeing' and moving. And i usually dont realize it til after my alarm goes off. It is so weird. I really hope im not dreaming the entire expierence.

Hmmmm try to have a goal in mind when you exit, and maintain a solitary line of intent. It might just be walking to your fridge then back to your room then end the session. Without intent at first it's hard to maintain the balance.

Hmmmm try to have a goal in mind when you exit, and maintain a solitary line of intent. It might just be walking to your fridge then back to your room then end the session. Without intent at first it's hard to maintain the balance.

I cant say i had a goal. So good point.. then again its hard to have one when your practically floating outta your body in mid sleep. The first time these expierences occured i basically woke half way up in vibrations with my legs outta my body. And went from there. This morning was first time i actually tried to re-project over and over. On a side note, now that i think of it.

I remember feeling like vibrations werent yet intense enough. And i dont recall hearing any sounds for more than 1 second. I really felt like i had to 'rip' away. Maybe thats normal tho? Idk

Guys i think i had a legit case of Automatic Writing happen this morning. I remember i had a dream(to bad i don't remember what it was about :td: ) and in the dream i heard someone say write this down. I woke up to find myself writing on my pillow with my hand. I happened to turn my head to see my hand going through the motions of "writing" before i regained control from just waking up, and to top it off the way that i found my hand was the way that i would normally be holding a pen/pencil. Which weird-ed me out because i have never done that before. To bad i didn't have an actual pen and paper when i was unconsciously doing this. I would of loved to see what my mind was trying to tell me. So do you guys think this was some form of automatic writing?

• Like 2

Guys i think i had a legit case of Automatic Writing happen this morning. I remember i had a dream(to bad i don't remember what it was about :td: ) and in the dream i heard someone say write this down. I woke up to find myself writing on my pillow with my hand. I happened to turn my head to see my hand going through the motions of "writing" before i regained control from just waking up, and to top it off the way that i found my hand was the way that i would normally be holding a pen/pencil. Which weird-ed me out because i have never done that before. To bad i didn't have an actual pen and paper when i was unconsciously doing this. I would of loved to see what my mind was trying to tell me. So do you guys think this was some form of automatic writing?

Id say you were writtiing something automatically :).

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Try and do a automatic writing session now, there is obviously something there trying to connect/ come out.

• Like 1

Pretty good chance that you were, stevemagegod. I've had numerous dreams that I've been doing what I was doing in a dream. Namely, sleeptalking, but I have also been doing other things. Just last night, in a dream, I was refinishing my girlfriends uncles concrete driveway. I woke up performing the same motions that I was doing in the dream. (Even though it's near impossible to refinish anything cement).

Interesting thing that I'd like to bring up, that I've been thinking about recently. Before I started meditating and delving into myself/awareness, I was a ridiculously "sound" sleeper. I rarely could recall dreams. If I had to guesstimate my dream recall, I would say maybe 1 dream every 1-2 weeks. Now, my dreaming is off the charts. If I dream, I remember it. And if I don't remember it fully, I can sit and do a mini-meditation on what I can remember, and recall a theme, or a snippit of the dream that would trigger a larger picture. Anyone else experience this or something relatable?

• Like 2

Try and do a automatic writing session now, there is obviously something there trying to connect/ come out.

How do you think i should approach this automatic writing?

Pretty good chance that you were, stevemagegod. I've had numerous dreams that I've been doing what I was doing in a dream. Namely, sleeptalking, but I have also been doing other things. Just last night, in a dream, I was refinishing my girlfriends uncles concrete driveway. I woke up performing the same motions that I was doing in the dream. (Even though it's near impossible to refinish anything cement).

Interesting thing that I'd like to bring up, that I've been thinking about recently. Before I started meditating and delving into myself/awareness, I was a ridiculously "sound" sleeper. I rarely could recall dreams. If I had to guesstimate my dream recall, I would say maybe 1 dream every 1-2 weeks. Now, my dreaming is off the charts. If I dream, I remember it. And if I don't remember it fully, I can sit and do a mini-meditation on what I can remember, and recall a theme, or a snippit of the dream that would trigger a larger picture. Anyone else experience this or something relatable?

Yes, i used to be a sound sleeper without hardly any dream recall. Now i remember most of them.

• Like 1

Yes, i used to be a sound sleeper without hardly any dream recall. Now i remember most of them.

Whats your technique for remembering dreams better? The technique that i have been using for a couple of years now is i say "I will remember my Dreams" 5 times before i go to bed. It works pretty good but i am open to new techniques because i only seem to remember bits and pieces of dreams not the full thing.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums but have quite a bit of experience with OBEs. I just wanted to comment on this article. Does anyone else feel like science misunderstands what an OBE really is? They try to downsize such a remarkable, life-changing experience into a simple feeling of disconnect. A true OBE is a profound experience where you literally can experience your mind separating from your body, experience a world without physical limitations, see places not of this world or of this time, talk to other beings/entities/higher selves/etc., just to name a few (and this is still an understatement). Then you have this big shot know-it-all scientist who thinks he/she can explain it all without experiencing it firsthand. This is almost insulting to me. To know the path is not the same as walking the path. End: my rant.

Haha had to get that out. I work with scientists every day, so I see this kind of thing happening all the time.

• Like 2

Hey guys is it normal to have a "Sinking" feeling before you are about to AP? Because sometimes i will be in my Bed, not even moving and it will feel like i am "Sinking".

I have a question, I need to ask you guys for a tip:

Lately I have been having lots of episodes of sleep paralysis, I had like 3 just this morning. I have been kind of scared still because when they happened I could hardly breathe, This times it happened so much that I began to get control of my breathing, but I stil got distracted by other things like my body posture, and I would wiggle my finger or toe just to begin to wake up. What would be the best "technique" or thoughts or awareness I should start developing? I figured since it has been happenning so often I should seriously start pursuing these oportunities

Hey guys is it normal to have a "Sinking" feeling before you are about to AP? Because sometimes i will be in my Bed, not even moving and it will feel like i am "Sinking".

The sensations we feel depend on each individual. Vibrations, paralysis, and noises in your ears are the most common, but they are not necessary to have an OBE. I take it you haven't quite had one yet but working towards it? These sensations are unmistakable. If you question it, you probably haven't had them. Can you fill me in on some details about your attempts and successes? I can give you some suggestions and tips to help you out.

I have a question, I need to ask you guys for a tip:

Lately I have been having lots of episodes of sleep paralysis, I had like 3 just this morning. I have been kind of scared still because when they happened I could hardly breathe, This times it happened so much that I began to get control of my breathing, but I stil got distracted by other things like my body piosture, and I would wiggle my finger or toe just to begin to wake up. What would be the best "technique" or thoughts or awareness I should start developing? I figured since it has been happenning so often I should seriously start pursuing these oportunities

Ha, I'm jealous. Definitely learn to take advantage of this. When I have paralysis, which isn't often, there are two techniques I use to have an OBE/AP. I will say though that my most intense OBEs happen when I experience paralysis.

Before I get into the techniques I just want to give a few pointers to get you started in the right direction. First, I recommend keeping a journal. Document every instance or experience of the paralysis or anything else similar that you may or may not experience. Be sure to self reflect -- sometimes the answers are right in front of us and we don't even realize. Next I would start to make notes about when the paralysis occurs most frequently. Try to figure out to take control of it. Turn it into an experiment. If you manage to develop good control, try to initiate the paralysis in the early morning when you catch yourself rolling around between dreams. And lastly, if you ever get scared and want to end the paralysis, simply change your breathing pattern. It's not uncommon to have hallucinations of dark entities holding you down. Just remember that nothing can harm you.

Here are the techniques to separate your consciousness from your body and have an OBE:

1. "Wiggle" yourself free

Start with a finger. Once it's free work your hand loose, then your arm(s). Then push yourself out. Simple enough but effective. My most vivid experiences happened with this technique.

2. Phasing

I believe the phasing technique I first learned through Robert Monroe's books, which I recommend reading. It's very simple -- focus on the blackness behind your closed eyes and look for an image to appear, or visualize a place you're familiar with. For instance, imagine walking through your house. After some time you may witness the thought begin to evolve into an interactive environment. At some point you'll lose awareness of your body and be fully immersed in this new environment. My most recent OBE from two days ago happened using this technique. Also very effective and my most profound OBEs happen with this method.

Good luck! Let me know if you need more help.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I do have another question though, I just read today onlne that it is related with anxiety disorders. Im currently working on mine since I have anxiety..

Is it different for people that suffer anxiety?

Will I stop getting SP while I get over my anxiety?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked