Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

when i first started reading this thread last night, i had no idea what astral projection was, and i just got a bad vibe after reading it in general. I woke up this morning with a completely different attitude. i woke up early and even attempted to try it. there is still a part of me thats like this is such a bad idea but i cant find a reason that it is a bad idea i guess you could say. did anyone else feel like this before they attempted astral projection? i want to try it im just big on listening to my gut instinct and i feel good about trying and then i dont so im a bit at war with myself at the moment.

when i first started reading this thread last night, i had no idea what astral projection was, and i just got a bad vibe after reading it in general. I woke up this morning with a completely different attitude. i woke up early and even attempted to try it. there is still a part of me thats like this is such a bad idea but i cant find a reason that it is a bad idea i guess you could say. did anyone else feel like this before they attempted astral projection? i want to try it im just big on listening to my gut instinct and i feel good about trying and then i dont so im a bit at war with myself at the moment.

That is common windy. It is a good idea to be cautious about anything that you are going into that is unfamiliar. Your gut is indeed there to keep you safe, so it should be listened to, yet it is also an animal instinct so it must be managed. The other places are the very definitions of the unknown and the human animal has a very good reason to fear the unknown so your anima plays a large part in your gut reactions. It also must be understood and tames. One of the more enlightening products of this practice is that you learn how to conquer many many fears a. That doesn't mean your anima goes away. It is as intelligent as you are. I still have fears that i cannot control. Mostly surrounding worry for my children. But that's what the human experience is about. Without the duality life would not be interesting. I can assure its perfectly safe to engage in this. Your only risk is a few sleepless nights and some huge WTF moments when you experience something so incredible that you cannot even put it to words.

That is common windy. It is a good idea to be cautious about anything that you are going into that is unfamiliar. Your gut is indeed there to keep you safe, so it should be listened to, yet it is also an animal instinct so it must be managed. The other places are the very definitions of the unknown and the human animal has a very good reason to fear the unknown so your anima plays a large part in your gut reactions. It also must be understood and tames. One of the more enlightening products of this practice is that you learn how to conquer many many fears a. That doesn't mean your anima goes away. It is as intelligent as you are. I still have fears that i cannot control. Mostly surrounding worry for my children. But that's what the human experience is about. Without the duality life would not be interesting. I can assure its perfectly safe to engage in this. Your only risk is a few sleepless nights and some huge WTF moments when you experience something so incredible that you cannot even put it to words.

I see what you mean. Ill try it and keep you guys updated on my progress, thanks for the help!

As promised some relatively interesting progress!

Started the dream journal as suggested on every other page. Began to remember my dreams better for the past few days. Normally don't remember many dreams as I never put too much thought into them. Found a couple patterns in them, hopefully ill be able to become more conscious in them and turn lucid.

Anyways last nights is the most interesting, meditated before sleep, was having difficulty turning off the chatter and couldn't sleep if my life depended on it. Only got a few hours but when I woke up to turn off/snooze alarm still 90% asleep, I remembered having a short little episode pertaining to my work (theme of recent dreams) and skipping back and forth to this ODD library. I have been trying to contact/set up a meeting with spirit guides for the past week. Anyways, when the dream would switch to the library which resided in some old clock tower, there was this short little man, probably 5'5", gray/white hair, black rimmed glasses, resembled woody allen almost, super nice, all I remember him saying is something along the lines of, "It's been awhile since we met"/"I haven't seen this in awhile," while he was holding a painting. (Tried drawing the picture in my dream journal, had no idea what it was)At that point I woke back up. Continued with my day. A friend of mine and I had agreed to go to this guided meditation class, or what we thought, turned out being more about Buddhism and dharma. During the meditation part however is where things get interesting. I notice this black and white almost as if a spotlight was in the center of my vision but not as clear as a spotlight more faded, but in the white circle was what appeared to be a man sitting in an office chair rocking back and forth while spinning, he had no face, it was a silhouette yet I could just tell they were smiling at me. at one point my right ear popped, sounded inside my head, but thought it was just my friend getting comfortable next to me, as well as ive had terrible ear problems on the right, had 4 sets of tubes when i was a baby, then it happened on the left side. THEN the black silhouette appeared full size in my face, could only see his black silhouette of a face down to top of shoulder, all while in the background it was as if a paper copier laser was going back and forth across my vision with bright light.

Also, the picture that the librarian was holding was actually on the cover of the meditation class I went to. Happened to be the 8 fold paths, with the white lotus not just being in the center but extended its leaves between each path of the wheel.

Still no OBE, but I feel like everything is happening as it is supposed to and im just patiently waiting for the time we meet in a higher plane, either way, interesting none the less.

Edited by WhiteRobe
  • Like 1

Is it true that you can spy others person in real time during astral projection?

If not what does Astral world look like?

Big Bad Voodoo

Is it true that you can spy others person in real time during astral projection?

If not what does Astral world look like?

Big Bad Voodoo

You cant spy Voodoo but you can see. The difference is intention. Being out of body you tend to manifest sponsoring intentions. Spying on someone really is an act of fear and aggression. Even if you are just curious. This will be mirrored back upon you because you will manifest the fear and aggression. Now you can see plenty of people incidentally or you can go to them if your intentions are to heal or comfort. You must make sure your true intentions are in line with what you want to accomplish. If you are not totally true with yourself your higher self will be.

It looks like many thing. 3d looks just like this world other places can only be experienced through metaphor because you have no reference for them.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

At what point do you folks experience the vibrations? From the techniques I have noted that they are suppose to be present once the body has been sufficiently relaxed and the mind kept still for a certain period of time. I believe not ever experiencing the vibration state has been the main barrier to my success.

At what point do you folks experience the vibrations? From the techniques I have noted that they are suppose to be present once the body has been sufficiently relaxed and the mind kept still for a certain period of time. I believe not ever experiencing the vibration state has been the main barrier to my success.

Yes you have it about right. I have been able to creat near instant vibrations before, but my mind has to in the right spot. Are you trying the morning methods?

Yes, I have not been trying them for too long though. I use to make all my attempts at night, but there seems to be more of an advantage during the morning due to the degree of relaxation. Thanks for the reply. I will keep trying and will post if I have any success.

Yes, I have not been trying them for too long though. I use to make all my attempts at night, but there seems to be more of an advantage during the morning due to the degree of relaxation. Thanks for the reply. I will keep trying and will post if I have any success.

90% of the time people are not trying in the morning. It is important.

This doesn't have much to do with AP per say, but it has become noticed through my meditation/awakening journey.

I've been messing with connecting the brain hemispheres exercises in trying to perceive humanly/environmental auras and this has become more noticeable after I started to do OEM a couple times instead of closed throughout the weeks.

I live in Texas and we haven't had much rain this summer so I haven't been able to try with cloudy/grey weather.

When the sky is open and blue and I try focusing on what's in between ill notice really shiny, almost looks metallic glitters floating down and around on my field of vision. (Eyes open) almost if it was like a really light snow flurry. When I focus on them I can begin to see a purple/almost vibrating pattern begin to appear in ALL of the blue, starts out subtle but when I switch to the purple and let go of the "snow flurries" it becomes more and more distinct. It starts vibrating/bouncing around faster and then no matter where I look in the sky, moving my physical eyes around in my focal point it's almost as if the purple energy is being sucked into a circular area not a distinct circle but just a general, tight, area in my vision. Or like I'm pushing it there. I'm not sure what to make of this, maybe some one on here has similar experiences or could possibly drop some knowledge on me as to what I'm perceiving.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It happened to me again. This morning while trying to AP. I think i was half asleep when i did it or something. i definitely felt the exit. I just sat up with my head and shoulders out and "peeled" away. Very difficult to exit like usual. Or so it feels that way. When i was out i still felt a bit tingly, but i "pressed" myself through my closed bedroom door. Which was also kinda difficult. This time i could walk without falling over. Until i got to the stairs lol. The next thing i remember i was in a lucid dream where my brother was apparently projected as well. And we were planning on trying to fly to the moon. He has never consciously projected before and many other signs led me to know it was a dream. There many other people there and itbwas scenario driven.

I cant figure out why i keep projecting and somehow end up in a dream.

Edited by notyalcmas93

This doesn't have much to do with AP per say, but it has become noticed through my meditation/awakening journey.

I've been messing with connecting the brain hemispheres exercises in trying to perceive humanly/environmental auras and this has become more noticeable after I started to do OEM a couple times instead of closed throughout the weeks.

I live in Texas and we haven't had much rain this summer so I haven't been able to try with cloudy/grey weather.

When the sky is open and blue and I try focusing on what's in between ill notice really shiny, almost looks metallic glitters floating down and around on my field of vision. (Eyes open) almost if it was like a really light snow flurry. When I focus on them I can begin to see a purple/almost vibrating pattern begin to appear in ALL of the blue, starts out subtle but when I switch to the purple and let go of the "snow flurries" it becomes more and more distinct. It starts vibrating/bouncing around faster and then no matter where I look in the sky, moving my physical eyes around in my focal point it's almost as if the purple energy is being sucked into a circular area not a distinct circle but just a general, tight, area in my vision. Or like I'm pushing it there. I'm not sure what to make of this, maybe some one on here has similar experiences or could possibly drop some knowledge on me as to what I'm perceiving.

The white floaters in the sky is just energy. I can see them too. Much easier to see than auras. haha

It happened to me again. This morning while trying to AP. I think i was half asleep when i did it or something. i definitely felt the exit. I just sat up with my head and shoulders out and "peeled" away. Very difficult to exit like usual. Or so it feels that way. When i was out i still felt a bit tingly, but i "pressed" myself through my closed bedroom door. Which was also kinda difficult. This time i could walk without falling over. Until i got to the stairs lol. The next thing i remember i was in a lucid dream where my brother was apparently projected as well. And we were planning on trying to fly to the moon. He has never consciously projected before and many other signs led me to know it was a dream. There many other people there and itbwas scenario driven.

I cant figure out why i keep projecting and somehow end up in a dream.

It happens. You are riding the margins of consciousness. It's difficult to control. That's the way it is. Next time try to have a very specific task.

It happens. You are riding the margins of consciousness. It's difficult to control. That's the way it is. Next time try to have a very specific task.

If it happens again ill try that. I remember calling and calling for my guide with no luck. but who knows. I may have dreamt that part.

If it happens again ill try that. I remember calling and calling for my guide with no luck. but who knows. I may have dreamt that part.

You need something active. Try traveling to each room in your house and be totally focused on just that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm a beginner and very much interested on astral travel. There's a lot of terminologies behind this, spiritualism calls this as astral projection while skeptics would name it lucid dreaming or simply hallucinations (if it was, then this is a great form of hallucination lol). They can name it whatever way they want but whatever this is called, I know this is a great experience that I really want to try :clap:

I just have a quick question pls. If I'm not wrong, sleep paralysis can lead easier to astral travel? If stress and lack of sleep triggers sleep paralysis, and astral travel is done on a peaceful and calm state of mind, then which is better before performing it? :yes:

• Like 1

Hi. I'm a beginner and very much interested on astral travel. There's a lot of terminologies behind this, spiritualism calls this as astral projection while skeptics would name it lucid dreaming or simply hallucinations (if it was, then this is a great form of hallucination lol). They can name it whatever way they want but whatever this is called, I know this is a great experience that I really want to try :clap:

I just have a quick question pls. If I'm not wrong, sleep paralysis can lead easier to astral travel? If stress and lack of sleep triggers sleep paralysis, and astral travel is done on a peaceful and calm state of mind, then which is better before performing it? :yes:

The state of consciousness for the journey is just below what typically is labeled sleep paralysis. But that is just one way, there are many others.

Now spontaneous sleep paralysis does indeed occure under stress and anxiety, but there are also people that non of these things are factors. Some people are chronic for no apparent reason. An Induction of an altered state of conscious should not involve stress or anxiety unless you want to accelerate the dealing of it. But for exploration you will be very disappointed because before anything you will be forced to deal with your issues.

But for exploration you will be very disappointed because before anything you will be forced to deal with your issues.

lol I guess it's not a good idea. ok those are all I need to know. Thank u so much! :)

lol I guess it's not a good idea. ok those are all I need to know. Thank u so much! :)

It can be a great idea if you are trying to conquer sleep paralysis fear responses. What I meant was that you are going to have to go through this stage first and if someone is going about it simply for exploration they might be disappointed at all the personal work they have to do first. I did not mean to discourage you, I consider it a worthwhile pursuit. The journey is not a fluffy lets go flying experience at first. It's a journey with peaks and valleys and work. Then yes there are some beyond fantastic moments.

hmm it's ok I didn't took it as a discouragement but for me I meant it wasn't a good idea since I don't want to deal with the unpleasant at my first attempt surely I will only disappoint myself. I prefer the calm state simply for exploration first.

Edited by crimson089

hmm it's ok I didn't took it as a discouragement but for me I meant it wasn't a good idea since I don't want to deal with the unpleasant at my first attempt surely I will only disappoint myself. I prefer the calm state simply for exploration first.

It might be that way with you. Some people are naturally at peace. Most are not. No harm is seeing for yourself. :) that is what it is about ultimately. :)

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked