Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

So your background and route into this is magick. I am interested in what kind of magick so i can understand more about what angle you are coming from and what may be helpful or not so helpful. Holy Guardian Angel sounds like the equivalent of what i would call my guardian or gate keeper. Does your tradition in magick allow for inviting guides in as well or is using the spirits the equivalent of me inviting my team of guides in.

In magick, when you talk about spirits are you talking about elementals / elemental magick ?

When I refer to spirits I refer to all type of spirits, elementals are just one kind of spirits. Celestial, chtonic, planetary, olympic, ATR (african traditional religion) spirits are others. And you could add so many other kind (aesyr, gods from various traditions etc). Spirits world is huge and does not limit itselfs to elementals. Elementals are the closest to humans because they share one element with us and their realms is close to our physical plane. Plus, they're the easiest to deal with. Both those reasons make them be the first step for who wants to work with spirits.

How would you definie your guardian/gate keeper ? I'll tell you if this fits. It should even if in my vocabulary guardian and gate keeper are 2 distinctive notions.

Edited by Astral Seeker
  • Like 1

The difference between them in my terminology is that one the gate keeper helps to hold and protect my dimensional space when doing mediumship / projecting / talking to things. Gate keepers to me play more of a multi dimensional role. They can help keep spaces and connections clear of intrusion and control access points. My guardian is something i believe we all have even before we come into our bodies here and assist with that passage making sure nothing else messes with the body soul wise and until the being goes through an awakening. The guardian plays various roles and is something we may even face ourselves in taking the reins back when we are ready too.

I've heard some people call them door keepers as well. But i think in that perspective they are seen as bouncers who help monitor the 'traffic' of consciousness for a medium. A lot like a gate keeper. In computer terms as an analogy they would be like the firewall.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

When I refer to spirits I refer to all type of spirits, elementals are just one kind of spirits. Celestial, chtonic, planetary, olympic, ATR (african traditional religion) spirits are others. And you could add so many other kind (aesyr, gods from various traditions etc). Spirits world is huge and does not limit itselfs to elementals. Elementals are the closest to humans because they share one element with us and their realms is close to our physical plane. Plus, they're the easiest to deal with. Both those reasons make them be the first step for who wants to work with spirits.

How would you definie your guardian/gate keeper ? I'll tell you if this fits. It should even if in my vocabulary guardian and gate keeper are 2 distinctive notions.

I am not familiar with Magic at all. But i do have a question. It makes sense that the Spirits wouldn't reveal themselves to us unless they wanted something in return. So why would Spirits chose to haunt a building or place of residence and make themselves known that they are there? Are the modern theory's with Ghosts(tragic death soul lingers on etc., ) and stuff accurate or are they way off in the magic lore?

And how do you know if it is a Human Spirit haunting the place or a Elemental Spirit like the ones you described?

Edited by stevemagegod

Hi,

I'm new here. I have been training and trying to project for almost 3 weeks.

But haven't success yet. I have tried meditation technics many times.Sometimes I fall asleep but slightly awake.

It took about 20 minutes but nothing happen.

I also have tried once in the morning. I feel like sinking. Thats the only thing I feld.

Sometimes I feel mild tingling and some minor vibrations (on my leg,ears,thighs,but it does not happen at the same time)

I've also read some books by Robert Bruce, Monroe and Buhlman but don't know which is the best.

For your information,once I'm awake,I'm not feeling sleepy or groggy.

I always have difficulties in sleeping.

I think I've stuck.Need some help to astral travel.

Hope someone can gimme some ideas.

Thanks

I am new too. I never knew what that electric feeling I got was until college and I am 51 years old now. When I read about Astral Projection it was by accident and I realized that is what it was but I have always been afraid to give in to the feeling. It's like instinctively I knew that if I relaxed something would happen. Can something bad happen if you do this? And just like paktam I can't seem to make it happen but the sensation just happens once in awhile. I've read lots of strings and I think you all have excellent tips on how to relax, etc. I am more interested too in what can happen, where can I go? Is it safe? I read a book once and it said that you could run into bad spirits or something along those lines. I would love to explore this more. I am glad you have this forum! I am a very spiritual and religious person and I'd also like to be assured this is okay, you know?

Blessings!

Kari

Hi paktam and klhayes,

I read your astral experience in your other thread klhayes, what you experienced should answer a lot of what you have asked here :) If you are still confused about what you experienced maybe you can add your experiences to this thread and show us what is still concerning you.

When you let go fully, and stop resisting and stop fearing the process it will happen just as it happened for you. In general you should treat the astral world like any large city. Now as for bad spirits. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to people that nothing bad can happen or that you won't run in dubious characters or bad spirits, because in my experience it can / does happen. But its not that common unless you are looking for trouble or doing something that is drawing attention to you or you are just unlucky. Just like in a physical 3d city it's possible to come across shady people with ill intentions, and shady areas...well the astral is no different. There are neutral zones, and not so neutral zones...You just deal with beings as you would in real life. Just be street smart and make sure your intentions (actions) are always pure. If you suspect a being is trying to scam you then trust your instincts and walk away. If you have kick some butt then do so.

Generally speaking anything which tries to do deals with you, or lavish you with material items in return for something, including 'abilities' and 'knowledge' ( biggest trick in the book) is not a benevolent being. These kind of things are aimed at hooking the ego part of you in as only the ego is concerned with material items and such payments which are completely and utterly useless and the biggest joke on the astral level. Lets face it if something tried to offer you 100 bucks to go find out something - you would tell them very assertively that "money doesn't exist on the astral level and that if you have anything further to say you can say it to my higherself. "

Another thing to know about navigating the astral world is that everything is communicated and projected in terms of intention, motive and agenda. You can read these things much easier there because your consciousness awareness level is higher with more clarity. But its using that to discern things rather than look at things in terms of black and white, good and bad.

If you have any further questions keep asking! :)

• Like 2

I am new too. I never knew what that electric feeling I got was until college and I am 51 years old now. When I read about Astral Projection it was by accident and I realized that is what it was but I have always been afraid to give in to the feeling. It's like instinctively I knew that if I relaxed something would happen. Can something bad happen if you do this? And just like paktam I can't seem to make it happen but the sensation just happens once in awhile. I've read lots of strings and I think you all have excellent tips on how to relax, etc. I am more interested too in what can happen, where can I go? Is it safe? I read a book once and it said that you could run into bad spirits or something along those lines. I would love to explore this more. I am glad you have this forum! I am a very spiritual and religious person and I'd also like to be assured this is okay, you know?

Blessings!

Kari

Hi Welcome to Unexplained Mysterious. I know the feeling that you are talking about i am only 21 but i have been experiencing these Vibrations for a long time now. When i was still in high school one night i happened to have a "Episode" and i googled something along the lines of "Electrical Vibrations" and came across Astral projection. These Vibrations do seem to happen at Random. But I can assure you that they do not. I have been trying to personally master Mind Awake Body A Sleep method for almost a year now and have made decent progress. In fact I personally have discovered(for myself anyways) that the Vibrations do not occur randomly. Instead they seem to be triggered when you enter that "Twilight Zone of Sleep". Which is basically when you are so tired that you can't even keep your eyes open. You fall a sleep for a brief second and then BOOM that Shock hits ya. The Mind Awake Body A Sleep method is when you train your mind to be constantly alert and aware of your surroundings while your body sleeps. However getting to that stage without falling completely a sleep is very difficult. If you are able to get to that stage don't give in to your Subconscious to stay in control like i did.

Hi stevemagegod,

Is there any specific excercise to achieve Mind Awake Body Asleep?...

I have difficulties entering the state...Its either fully awake or I fall into deep sleep...

I am not familiar with Magic at all. But i do have a question. It makes sense that the Spirits wouldn't reveal themselves to us unless they wanted something in return. So why would Spirits chose to haunt a building or place of residence and make themselves known that they are there? Are the modern theory's with Ghosts(tragic death soul lingers on etc., ) and stuff accurate or are they way off in the magic lore?

And how do you know if it is a Human Spirit haunting the place or a Elemental Spirit like the ones you described?

Spirits doesn't reveal themselves as you say because we're not aware of their presence/exisence. Everyday in your life you're surrounded by spirits. We're never alone. But most people fail to develop their astral senses to perceive spirits.

Spirits dont chose to "haunt" a place. Either you've p***ed them off and they will make your life like hell and wander where you live, or they're still stucked in this plane for various reasons after they've passed away and do not accept to/cant move forward and keep their spiritual journey ("ghosts" as they are commonly called). What you are refering to is correct. People who commit suicide or slaughtered persons are known to still wander around the physical plane. Not all of them, you cant generalise when it comes to spirits, but most of the time yeah because they have very little spirituality awareness.

Elementals dont bother with humans, believe me. They have other things to do than haunting humans. They dont do that. Only possibility to have them annoying you at your place is if you p*** them off/lack of respect for them. It almost never happens don"t worry about that.

Generally speaking anything which tries to do deals with you, or lavish you with material items in return for something, including 'abilities' and 'knowledge' ( biggest trick in the book) is not a benevolent being. These kind of things are aimed at hooking the ego part of you in as only the ego is concerned with material items and such payments which are completely and utterly useless and the biggest joke on the astral level. Lets face it if something tried to offer you 100 bucks to go find out something - you would tell them very assertively that "money doesn't exist on the astral level and that if you have anything further to say you can say it to my higherself. "

This is not true. At least to some extent. If you travel in the astral and encounter a spirit who wants to make a deal with you then your quote is correct and you have to be cautious. Other than that, spirits are like partners you have in the physical plane. As I previously say they all enjoy service, even the most benevolent Archangel enjoy a glass of water or a dressed candle as an offering in return of something you may ask. No free parking lots in the spirits world. Deals are frequent. You call a spirit, state your demand, state the "reward" for the spirit and discuss the time frame for him/her to execute the task and voila. There's nothing evil in that and no trap at all for no one.

Hmmmmm. There is a lot here.

I like blu3s analogy. Any endevour into something as big as this should come with healthy caution. You don't travel in physical life without certain precautions why would you travel out without them. That dosnt mean that a trip to the city is fraught with peril it just means in any endevour at which you are new to you should as general rule aply caution.

Now I would caution those new to this not to get wrapped up with dogmas. Human beings naturally classify, categorize, and file what they think they know. The problem is that 99% of time we don't know squat. The larger your ego that you carry with you, the more blind you will be. A mundane trip to the city is now something entirely different when the blind is leading the blind. This is why we have guides.

As I have mentioned before. This is not an amusement ride. The spirits looking after you are interested in your awareness and development. They want to interact with you but may not be able to because you still have your ape goggles on. Before anything else happens you will have to learn to take them off. You do this through working on yourself. They are already working on you behind the scenes, but its really up to you walk the walk.

As for classification, cstagorization, and file.... I suggest giving it up. You don't walk in an environment that you are a child in strutting your stuff and saying look that man has that skin color so that means he is rich and smart whike this other man has that skin color so he must be a drug dealer. Everyone will probably simply turn their backs on you and shake their head at the 4 year old that thinks he is a king.

Can things happen to you in the spirit world. Yes. Here is what you probably didn't realize. You are already there. Physical life is only part of the iceberg. You are constantly interacting with things on subtle levels. Things can already happen to you. Learning to be aware of the other side of reality is really what this is about.

Every mystic, shaman, or their equivalents throughout history will tell you that your training and lessons will be given by guiding entities. Reading and listening is good, but ultimately you want to get to the point where you can truly surrender yourself to the great spirit and allow it to work through you. Doing the work of angles on earth attracts benevolent beings to you and you will be utterly shocked at what you can experience and discover.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2

Blessings!

Kari

Hi there, and welcome. Bad things can happen crossing the street. That probably didn't stop you. I don't believe you are in any more danger than you already were. On the contrary becoming more aware of what's going on behind the scenes I think allows you to take more responsibility and action.

We would not have the capacity to do this if it were not meant to be a tool.

Yes the sensations you describe are probably happening on knifes edge. The trick is to learn to balance there.

Hi,

I'm new here. I have been training and trying to project for almost 3 weeks.

But haven't success yet. I have tried meditation technics many times.Sometimes I fall asleep but slightly awake.

It took about 20 minutes but nothing happen.

I also have tried once in the morning. I feel like sinking. Thats the only thing I feld.

Sometimes I feel mild tingling and some minor vibrations (on my leg,ears,thighs,but it does not happen at the same time)

I've also read some books by Robert Bruce, Monroe and Buhlman but don't know which is the best.

For your information,once I'm awake,I'm not feeling sleepy or groggy.

I always have difficulties in sleeping.

I think I've stuck.Need some help to astral travel.

Hope someone can gimme some ideas.

Thanks

Mornings are best. Can you walk through exactly what you are doing. If you give me every little detail we might be able to tweak certain things.

This is not true. At least to some extent.

You can't really say it's not true when you haven't experienced the astral level or astral projection yourself ;)

Look you may have your opinion but you have no idea where i am coming from or what i have experienced in astral to have that knowledge. I outline a very specific example and you assume wrongly. I can assure you it is not relevant or anything to do with your opinion on spirits roles in this case, I am not even talking about that -- your experience is not broad enough to see that yet.

Hi White Crane Feather,

Could you explain your method below?...when is it best done? Is it before sleep or in the morning after 3 to 4 hours of sleep?

By the way,how long does it take to experience the vibration state?

I've been empty minded for more than an hour during the night but nothing happens.Just difficulties in sleeping.

I think I might try using your method of astral travel since many books emphasize on the same kind of method...

I've read the 66 exit technique which you posted earlier...

"Vibration Induction/meditation

There are many different meditations for this. This is what works best for me.

•Before you start designate a specific place across your room that you will walk to latter. You also should not have a full stomach or a full bladder, nor should you be hungry or thirsty.

• Lay back on your back. There should be a slight recline. You should be warm and comfortable . Put your hands at your side and relax fully.

•Take a few deep breaths and ask the spirits to help you in your efforts.

•Close your eyes and notice the blackness behind your eyes. Look off into the blackness as if it were three dimentional space. Look slightly up.

•You should be able to see nural discharges. ( blueish purple swirling lights) everyone has them. Watch these with solitary focus.

•If any errant thoughts or scenerios start running through your head gently wipe them away and stay with an empty mind.

•If any pictures come into your field of vision, focus intently on them.

•Hold on to your hat!! With practice and a little luck at first, what happens next might blow you away. Your body is going to start vibrating. It feels like a mild electric shock running through your body. It's not painful, but at first it can startle you. You will also begin to hear a massivly Loud noise. It will sound like a jet engine or a water fall. It could have a buzzing quality to it or a wooshing helicopter like sound. These are your exit signs.

•When you have these sensations, it's time to exit..... But not before. Vibrations MUST be there.

•Exit. The two most easy exits are to simply get up as fast as you can or to roll hard to roll off your bed. Upon feeling the vibrations, simply get up or roll out. As if you were doing it physically. Don't worry your physical body should be paralyzed by natural processes. But your spirit body is not. As soon as you get up or roll out. Imeadiatly walk to your designated spot and turn around to see yourself."

How long actually the whole process from start until exit?

Edited by paktam

Hmmmmm. There is a lot here.

I like blu3s analogy. Any endevour into something as big as this should come with healthy caution. You don't travel in physical life without certain precautions why would you travel out without them. That dosnt mean that a trip to the city is fraught with peril it just means in any endevour at which you are new to you should as general rule aply caution.

Now I would caution those new to this not to get wrapped up with dogmas. Human beings naturally classify, categorize, and file what they think they know. The problem is that 99% of time we don't know squat. The larger your ego that you carry with you, the more blind you will be. A mundane trip to the city is now something entirely different when the blind is leading the blind. This is why we have guides.

As I have mentioned before. This is not an amusement ride. The spirits looking after you are interested in your awareness and development. They want to interact with you but may not be able to because you still have your ape goggles on. Before anything else happens you will have to learn to take them off. You do this through working on yourself. They are already working on you behind the scenes, but its really up to you walk the walk.

As for classification, cstagorization, and file.... I suggest giving it up. You don't walk in an environment that you are a child in strutting your stuff and saying look that man has that skin color so that means he is rich and smart whike this other man has that skin color so he must be a drug dealer. Everyone will probably simply turn their backs on you and shake their head at the 4 year old that thinks he is a king.

Can things happen to you in the spirit world. Yes. Here is what you probably didn't realize. You are already there. Physical life is only part of the iceberg. You are constantly interacting with things on subtle levels. Things can already happen to you. Learning to be aware of the other side of reality is really what this is about.

Every mystic, shaman, or their equivalents throughout history will tell you that your training and lessons will be given by guiding entities. Reading and listening is good, but ultimately you want to get to the point where you can truly surrender yourself to the great spirit and allow it to work through you. Doing the work of angles on earth attracts benevolent beings to you and you will be utterly shocked at what you can experience and discover.

I really appreciate the replies--this is really eye opening and awe inspiring. Pointing out that the spirits are already with us and that astral projection is perhaps just a different level on which to interact and grow. It seems like many are very inpatient to have this happen, but to me it's okay that I don't feel this all the time. Just thinking about it, learning about it, and opening my mind I feel will create opportunities. I am so happy you all responded--you are so nice to help those of us out that are fledglings. :) I am a very spiritual and religious person and extremely open minded. I have had many strange experiences with what I guess you'd call ESP or feeling something before it happens and I believe I'm not unique--that all of us have these gifts that just need a bit more information in order to bloom. I am out here reading a lot of the forum discussions and it gets pretty heavy but good information!

Thanks so much and I will be back in touch soon. The last experience I had the electrical feeling was strong and the wind tunnel noise was incredibly loud but I felt at peace. I didn't try to sit up or leave my body, though, and it sounds like that is what you need to do. Baby steps, I guess. Smile.

Kari

Hi White Crane Feather,

Could you explain your method below?...when is it best done? Is it before sleep or in the morning after 3 to 4 hours of sleep?

By the way,how long does it take to experience the vibration state?

I've been empty minded for more than an hour during the night but nothing happens.Just difficulties in sleeping.

I think I might try using your method of astral travel since many books emphasize on the same kind of method...

I've read the 66 exit technique which you posted earlier...

"Vibration Induction/meditation

There are many different meditations for this. This is what works best for me.

•Before you start designate a specific place across your room that you will walk to latter. You also should not have a full stomach or a full bladder, nor should you be hungry or thirsty.

• Lay back on your back. There should be a slight recline. You should be warm and comfortable . Put your hands at your side and relax fully.

•Take a few deep breaths and ask the spirits to help you in your efforts.

•Close your eyes and notice the blackness behind your eyes. Look off into the blackness as if it were three dimentional space. Look slightly up.

•You should be able to see nural discharges. ( blueish purple swirling lights) everyone has them. Watch these with solitary focus.

•If any errant thoughts or scenerios start running through your head gently wipe them away and stay with an empty mind.

•If any pictures come into your field of vision, focus intently on them.

•Hold on to your hat!! With practice and a little luck at first, what happens next might blow you away. Your body is going to start vibrating. It feels like a mild electric shock running through your body. It's not painful, but at first it can startle you. You will also begin to hear a massivly Loud noise. It will sound like a jet engine or a water fall. It could have a buzzing quality to it or a wooshing helicopter like sound. These are your exit signs.

•When you have these sensations, it's time to exit..... But not before. Vibrations MUST be there.

•Exit. The two most easy exits are to simply get up as fast as you can or to roll hard to roll off your bed. Upon feeling the vibrations, simply get up or roll out. As if you were doing it physically. Don't worry your physical body should be paralyzed by natural processes. But your spirit body is not. As soon as you get up or roll out. Imeadiatly walk to your designated spot and turn around to see yourself."

How long actually the whole process from start until exit?

It varies not vary long for be anymore but in the past it has taken awhile.. The best time is in the morning after sleep. Look up the video in the minute metaphysics blog. It's posted on this thread a few pages back I think.

You can't really say it's not true when you haven't experienced the astral level or astral projection yourself ;)

Look you may have your opinion but you have no idea where i am coming from or what i have experienced in astral to have that knowledge. I outline a very specific example and you assume wrongly. I can assure you it is not relevant or anything to do with your opinion on spirits roles in this case, I am not even talking about that -- your experience is not broad enough to see that yet.

I was thinking the same thing. How does one know so much about the spirit world haveing never gone there.

I can definitely attest to a lot of WCF & Blues knowledge..

I started trying to astral project nealy 1 1/2 years ago, and have approached this with a healthy dollop of caution. only, perhaps in my case, too much caution and not enough courage to step into the unknown. I'm not actively trying to project at the moment, though I do give it a go from time to time, if only to see what will happen.. Other aspects of other-worldly aspects born of this thread are taking my attention for the moment.. Some folk seem to get it within a few months, others take longer.. (personally I think age has a lot to do with it)

As far as caution goes, knowing your Ego and being able to control it and your thoughts is I believe a very important step that can lead to greater knowledge. When Ego get's in the road it can cause a world of problems that___to use a psychedelic analogy__ is the difference between a good trip and a Bad Trip. But that's not to say that Ego is something that needs to be eliminated, It just needs to be understood and made to behave.. You do not want Ego controlling your experiences because it will either destroy the experience or turn it into something which it is not. Ego can and will amplify an uncomfortable encounter into a freaken nightmare if you allow it.

Like WCF stated, Physical life is only the tip of a greater Spiritual Iceberg.. The deeper you dive, the more you understand this..

The act of trying to Astral Project, & meditating & taking a greater interest into the Spiritual will literally open your perceptions to a greater reality. IMO it opens you up to greater possibilities, Higher knowledge, and a closer contact to Entities beyond our mainstream knowledge.. Seriously... If you Jump into the deep end of this you will struggle and your experiences will make your skin crawl if you succeed.. But if you take a cautious approach, there's a whole new world to explore, and no reason for it to become a bad experience to those who can control their Ego, thoughts and emotions.

Edited to add: crud, more I wanted to add, but I'm going to be late for work as it is..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

I was thinking the same thing. How does one know so much about the spirit world haveing never gone there.

@Blue de energie and White Crane :

Because you are assuming that projecting into the astral is the only way to contact spirits, which is not correct.

There are many ways to work and contact spirits and amongst those other ways is Ceremonial Magick. That is what I am referring to. I also speak on a ATR (african traditional religion) perspective since I'm studying vodun and will be initiated this year as an Hougan (Priest if you prefer). In vodun (or vodou, vaudou, voudoun, whatever you spell it) you work with Lwas who are great natural and ancestral beings. Ceremonial Magick and vodou exist since the man exist and millions of practitioners do practice everyday. Therefore all these might be something you're not familiar with, but they do exist.

Besides, I'm not the kind of man who likes to BS on public forum or make up things. When I dont know something I say it, I have no ego about that. And when I need help I also say it. My previous posts on this thread prove this claim.

At last Blue de Energy, this is the reason why I told you previously that I didnt want to go off topic. Because who I am, what I do, and my practice with spirits is not interesting at all and I didnt came here to talk and debate about that.

I came here to seek some help about AP because this is something I know I will have to develop and master if I want to go to the next level of my practice. And you (yourself and others like White crane Feather) are skilled people when it comes to AP.

To finish, if I missunderstood your previous post about spirits and what you meant, I apoligize.

Cheers

@Blue de energie and White Crane :

Because you are assuming that projecting into the astral is the only way to contact spirits, which is not correct.

There are many ways to work and contact spirits and amongst those other ways is Ceremonial Magick. That is what I am referring to. I also speak on a ATR (african traditional religion) perspective since I'm studying vodun and will be initiated this year as an Hougan (Priest if you prefer). In vodun (or vodou, vaudou, voudoun, whatever you spell it) you work with Lwas who are great natural and ancestral beings. Ceremonial Magick and vodou exist since the man exist and millions of practitioners do practice everyday. Therefore all these might be something you're not familiar with, but they do exist.

Besides, I'm not the kind of man who likes to BS on public forum or make up things. When I dont know something I say it, I have no ego about that. And when I need help I also say it. My previous posts on this thread prove this claim.

At last Blue de Energy, this is the reason why I told you previously that I didnt want to go off topic. Because who I am, what I do, and my practice with spirits is not interesting at all and I didnt came here to talk and debate about that.

I came here to seek some help about AP because this is something I know I will have to develop and master if I want to go to the next level of my practice. And you (yourself and others like White crane Feather) are skilled people when it comes to AP.

To finish, if I missunderstood your previous post about spirits and what you meant, I apoligize.

Cheers

Aaaaaaaa ok. Now I get it. Your tradition. Has taught you about spirits. Yes African religons are very shamanistic. It's to bad Felix dosnt post much, you 2 would have a lot to talk about.

Hi White Crane Feather,

Could you share me the link for metaphysics video you mentioned earlier?

I couldn't find it.

Another think, regarding your meditation method, is it done after wake up in the morning or after sleep for 3 to 4 hours at night?

Thanks.

Hi White Crane Feather,

Could you share me the link for metaphysics video you mentioned earlier?

I couldn't find it.

Another think, regarding your meditation method, is it done after wake up in the morning or after sleep for 3 to 4 hours at night?

Thanks.

I find that in the morning is better. Also, if I'm under a little sleep deprivation it's become easy, but it has to be beyond tired. You want to feel that pasty Need to sleep feeling. Shaman ( real ones) often us sleep deprivation for spirit quests. I just usually don't recommend it because its probably not healthy for regular practice, but in emergencies it can lead to faster results. I don't need this anymore though I'm pretty adept at accomplishing it when I need to.

I can definitely attest to a lot of WCF & Blues knowledge..

I started trying to astral project nealy 1 1/2 years ago, and have approached this with a healthy dollop of caution. only, perhaps in my case, too much caution and not enough courage to step into the unknown. I'm not actively trying to project at the moment, though I do give it a go from time to time, if only to see what will happen.. Other aspects of other-worldly aspects born of this thread are taking my attention for the moment.. Some folk seem to get it within a few months, others take longer.. (personally I think age has a lot to do with it)

As far as caution goes, knowing your Ego and being able to control it and your thoughts is I believe a very important step that can lead to greater knowledge. When Ego get's in the road it can cause a world of problems that___to use a psychedelic analogy__ is the difference between a good trip and a Bad Trip. But that's not to say that Ego is something that needs to be eliminated, It just needs to be understood and made to behave.. You do not want Ego controlling your experiences because it will either destroy the experience or turn it into something which it is not. Ego can and will amplify an uncomfortable encounter into a freaken nightmare if you allow it.

Like WCF stated, Physical life is only the tip of a greater Spiritual Iceberg.. The deeper you dive, the more you understand this..

The act of trying to Astral Project, & meditating & taking a greater interest into the Spiritual will literally open your perceptions to a greater reality. IMO it opens you up to greater possibilities, Higher knowledge, and a closer contact to Entities beyond our mainstream knowledge.. Seriously... If you Jump into the deep end of this you will struggle and your experiences will make your skin crawl if you succeed.. But if you take a cautious approach, there's a whole new world to explore, and no reason for it to become a bad experience to those who can control their Ego, thoughts and emotions.

Edited to add: crud, more I wanted to add, but I'm going to be late for work as it is..

I appreciate you taking the time to help. I have a HUGE dollop of reservation with this--and also excitement. The Ego thing is important to talk about I think--my problem may be that I feel I will completely helpless if I project and not at all thinking "I'm all that". I deep down inside believe in myself but I am easily hurt and don't always stand up for myself when I should. I believe in equality--across the human race. I would fight harder for others than for myself. I want this experience in some ways because I am searching for more knowledge, more information, more spirituality. I think you are right that some people will think this is just cool and want to do it to brag about it and that may very well not end well for them. And it's a good caution to put yourself out there as a person seeking fulfillment, knowledge, understanding, and to open up to what others can teach. What is it like being out there? Where do you go when you are experienced, that is. I would really like to know more about how to make this the best experience for all.

Blessings!

Kari

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked