Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I have written this as a sort of guide covering several things that keep popping up over and over as popular FAQS. Hope it can be of help for anyone.

Sharing

Yes you can share your experiences here, sharing accelerates growth as those with more experience will reflect you, allowing you to bounce off them, and when done authentically it encourages more to be unlocked, comprehended and shared. Everyone benefits as we are all information exchanging machines on some level.

Expectations

The next thing -- do not let expectations on what to expect by reading others experiences mould yours. Drop all expectations. It is very difficult to do as we tend to learn things by watching and mimicking others performance and techniques which is fine when we are doing something external. But on this occasion when the techniques relate to waking up the inner you and the inner gateways (astral) for you, it becomes a very personal and unique journey. The techniques that are shared are at best metaphors and analogies designed to help your mind connect the ‘action’ from the ‘intention’. So the best way to approach techniques is to pick the ones which communicate the intention best to you. Then modify it if needed to make it even more personal. The more personal the better chance it has of working.

The metaphor / analogy needs to convince your mind and ego to bypass its survival programming, and tell your ego that all is ok and safe to project, that it is not death. Once your ego learns this is true, it will be onboard to work with you, rather than against you. The next stage of ego work is to then keep ego from wanting to control everything all the time ;)

Next step -- The analytical part of your mind ( ego ) needs to stay out of the process completely. This is the part of your mind that chatters away 24/7, giving the running commentary on everything. You have to develop the discipline of your mind first through meditation and make it habit that your “analysis session” comes after teh session not before and not during. That includes resisting the temptation to analyse or get fixated on body sensations , you have to keep your mind and perceptions focused on a distant spot ‘beyond’ here, beyond this level, beyond this physical body and be thinking of your need/reason for projecting. Turning your attention to your third eye is to me, the best way to do this like you do in meditation. When I am focused on projecting, all my attention is focused on my heart centre, third eye and crown area and opening all that up into one channel/centre/chakra that I will expand like a pillar of light ( hara line ) and ground all the way through me. I personally connect and project via my 5d self (higherself) also known as the energy body, which is why I go through these steps to activate my energy body and 5d consciousness awareness. I don't really think of this as a exercise or outing for my physical body, but rather for my energy body/ 5d self.

If any sensations are going to be helpful for me, it is the sensation of my energy field expanding (heart centre) and maybe some crown activity that I associate with higher energies / guides/ higher self, connecting. See the difference between the sensations I pay attention to and the ones I don’t? The sensations I pay attention to have purpose and I understand what the sensory is communicating at all times. This is the advantage of understanding energy and having the knowledge and ability to perceive and feel my energy field and use that awareness as a base for everything else I do. Something I will go into later.

Journalling

Journal after every session and after you wake up from sleep time, even when you think nothing has happened is part of developing the discipline of your mind and your recall rate. It is true that it gets bothersome at times but it is well worth it if you can stick in with it for at least several months or more, then it becomes part of your routine. You will actually miss it when you don’t do it, a bit like the gym lol. Journaling is writing everything down without judgement or interpretation at first. You just write from observer mode freely, as that is primarily what your stance should be during projections and meditations. In time you will hone your own inner voice in these writings and perceptions as you see it, this helps develop you into a neutral being who can respond rather than react– this is a big big deal / lesson in the kind of control you need to master to be able to astral travel.

Meditation and Reason / Need

Meditation in short can be used to astral project, absolutely. I use a mediation technique for directing my "projections" on a need to be basis. Doing it this way is faster, quicker and requires less energy overall. It is the way to allow your awareness to be connected to 2 places at the same time.

Using the meditation method for projection is better if you are doing something specific like ‘healing’ or carrying out a specific task as it offers more control over what you are doing. My perceptions are that i am projected 24/7 -- i am aware of my 5d self, my higher sensory perceptions and my energy field at all times - i can feel anything which is not me and around my field, i can feel energy and consciousness running through me. I can feel and see my environment energetically and so on. Every single thing has an astral / energy body imprint/ signature and that includes humans. Even weather currents and storms and the land you sit/walk on all have an astral presence and awareness. This is what it means to be in your astral sensory perceptions. You are already there as is everyone and everything that exists, the training is about gaining the control for switching and shifting your awareness to the astral level so you can perceive it.

Meditation and Abilities

I think meditation is a good productive way to start out, meditation is the groundwork for doing everything else. Even the techniques with lying down and altering consciousness are still meditation. First you need to get to know yourself and know what your strengths and weakness are. Are you more of a clairvoyant (visual orientated person) I am, and so visuals anchor me in very powerfully - i can shift my awareness with visualisation alone and have some special ones that my guides gave me. If i wasn't so clairvoyant but more clairaudient then tones, frequencies and sounds would anchor me in. People use sound in a very powerful way to alter consciousness and journey with. But if you are clairaudient then this is going to be your ticket to focus on. Like visuals can be powerful for the clairvoyant, sounds and frequencies are going to tune and align a clairaudient in very quickly.

Maybe you are more of an empath or clairsentient? if so then your ticket is going to be via energy work and understanding your awareness of the energy / astral body, that is something you can feel like i do, i feel with my energy field 24/7.....a lot of people find their psychic empathic skills develop or awaken more potently as a result of getting into meditation - everyone has something be it their empathy or clairvoyance that begins to develop with meditation, but this is why you need to take the time to get to know yourself and what your tendency is, so we know the best direction to come at in honing it.

If you are not aware of having any of these skills or tendencies yet and are a beginner to this, then forget being able to project and perceive the dimensions like we do straight out of the box...at the moment that is.....I'm not saying it is impossible but there is no such thing as someone who has the awareness, comprehension and perception levels for astral travelling without any hint or sign of the abilities in the psychic/ empathic spectrums. It just doesn't happen, as there is a cause and effect relationship between developing your core strengths with activating your higher sensory perceptions, and the ability to perceive and move with ease between the levels of consciousness. When you can move between your own levels of consciousness and develop a relationship with your own guides and higherself , then you can begin to move between the planetary levels and then even the galactic, which is what astral travelling is.

Guides and contacting them

Lastly, never carry other people’s expectations as your own; instead use other peoples methods for learning with and then for constructing and creating your very own version. I started out with my guides and i have always kept my team around me. Guides can come and go and some only come in for a specific time. The team I know now is not the same team i started with for example. After you have read this post find some quiet time and talk to your guides about where to go from here. You might feel silly thinking you are talking to nothing at first, but then you are going to have to get over these fears of feeling or appearing crazy or 'what will people think omg' -- it’s an inner process and an inner conversation and even the most dynamic, successful, creative people in the world know how to do this. You would be surprised at how many people do this.

Anyway, your guides will show up when they are ready to work with you. They make that decision based on you. Universal law states that no being shall interfere with the freewill of another. Only benevolent beings, energies, entities, guides, people respect this law. Your guides will stand in the background until you officially invite them in and that is why.

We are not really raised on how to state ourselves appropriately in spiritual terms/ communication because for the most part we ignore that level of consciousness and being which makes it rather difficult at first to slot into. To be heard as a spiritual divine being you need to speak with pure intention and certainty. So actively inviting your guides to help and assist you is the first step. The second step is knowing that from then onwards you cannot sit passively and just expect things to happen. Your guides will always have to be asked (never ordered) it’s only in very extreme or complex circumstances that they will intervene with something.

When your guides are ready to work with you, which really means when you are ready to work with them, they will show up in a way that leaves you in no doubt. It will be in a way which is tailored suited to you so that includes the appearance they may choose to have. It will trigger some kind of inner knowing / familiarity in you when it happens as on some level you already know who it is.

That’s all I can say. I get a lot of questions about how to contact guides or how to know if a being is your guide or not. The deal is that there are low lifes everywhere right?, just like in life. Some beings are not benevolent and so don’t care about your freewill or anyone elses. But thankfully they make that pretty clear and when you know what to look out for it’s blatantly obvious when one is at it and trying to coax you to do something so they don’t have to breach theirs. The only people who tend to have major issues with this and with discerning such activities are those who are already on the fine line or wrong side of the pitch themselves. If a person is of a self-serving nature or leans towards that way then they are going to be easy to manipulate for all the wrong reasons, power / ego driven etc. But sadly that is just a part of life, some people do choose to be that way and take that path because perhaps they are meant to.

So anything which comes across as a little shady probably is and that is a general life rule that applies universally. If you find yourself feeling pulled around by one, either emotionally or energetically or with the kind of messages that leave you feeling down or hypo egocentric, then you are not on an equal and respectful footing with that being. It’s all about learning to discern the true intention behind every action and word of what is around you. I wouldn’t worry about something coming along to pretend to be your guide though. It’s unlikely to happen once your intention for your guides to come in is set and you’re actively working on your connection to your higherself, doing your ego /shadow work and practising healthy boundaries in your meditations and in life in general.

If there is any further questions feel free to ask.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 4

I appreciate you taking the time to help. I have a HUGE dollop of reservation with this--and also excitement. The Ego thing is important to talk about I think--my problem may be that I feel I will completely helpless if I project and not at all thinking "I'm all that". I deep down inside believe in myself but I am easily hurt and don't always stand up for myself when I should. I believe in equality--across the human race. I would fight harder for others than for myself. I want this experience in some ways because I am searching for more knowledge, more information, more spirituality. I think you are right that some people will think this is just cool and want to do it to brag about it and that may very well not end well for them. And it's a good caution to put yourself out there as a person seeking fulfillment, knowledge, understanding, and to open up to what others can teach. What is it like being out there? Where do you go when you are experienced, that is. I would really like to know more about how to make this the best experience for all.

Blessings!

Kari

Sounds like me 1/2 years ago.. :lol: (page 23 I think?)

It's good that you are excited about this, but be aware that getting over excited can spoil a good session, especially if that excitement is being generated by ego. Having a healthy dollop of reservation is also a good attribute IMO, as it will prevent you from diving into the deep end before you are emotionally ready. You've got some good reasons for wanting to project as well, but they are likely to change. Eventually though, we need to dive in, gather courage and face some unpleasantness. It's not all roses out there..

Some of the hardest questions we need to answer before taking on the challenge of learning to Astral Project is: Why do I want to do this? What do I want to achieve? Am I ready to do this thing?" The answers, I am sure, will be easy to find right off the top of your head.. But are they really your answers or are they thoughts belonging to Ego or other? Is there an even deeper reason for wanting to project that you aren't even aware of yet? To be honest, being able to honestly answer such questions ourselves without any egoistic bias, or ideology built on adopted preconceptions is hard. In other words, you need to become a master of your own thoughts before you start.. For a start that means being able to stifle egotistic, self indulgent or negative thought streams that hold you back. Meditation and deep reflection on the essence of yourself is the best way to start. Know thy Self... You've probably heard that saying before, it's important..

Meditations, specifically with those involving 3-d eye, are a great way to start off if you're not all that keen of projecting, but to be honest___and it's a concept Ive struggled with___it's all connected anyway. Clairvoyance, Clairvoyance, and general psychic phenomena is all part of this experience we call consciousness. And start Journalling everything, specifically Dreams.. Blue's Post (ABOVE) is the soundest advice you'll find anywhere.. I'm still making mistakes with these things, and occasionally slipping back into old habits. And as far as projecting goes, you'd might as well say I've only done it spontaneously and in dream. White's Blog has plenty of Astral experiences in it.. Plus this thread..

:)

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Robert Bruce has a HUGE ego and is a master in AP

Big egos and efectivly recognizing that ego are two seperate things.

Greetings,

If you are interested in the subject of Astral Projection, whether it is for learning more or sharpening your skills up, then this is the thread for you.

Purpose of this thread:

The purpose of this thread is to serve as a guidance and information hub for anybody interested in learning, developing or sharing their Astral Projection skills and techniques. This is a collective community effort that is being kick started by the members here who are diversely experienced with the Astral Realms, Dimensions, Travel and Projection.

Each will be contributing in their own format their knowledge, tips, techniques and skills which will hopefully help you become more successful with achieving astral projection or in overcoming the common pitfalls. This will create a place of reference for easier learning, collaboration and exchange for info and techniques. Frequently asked questions will also be covered and the thread will evolve alongside the existing popular Astral Projection thread as a support supplement. (See links below)

Who is this thread for:

Anyone can contribute to this project if they have a method/technique they would like to prepare and share here for teaching others.

Anyone from complete beginner to advanced level who is interested in learning or sharing info/tips about astral projection is welcome to share.

What this thread is not for:

Please respect that this is not a debate thread. A pinned thread such as this is for compiling information and collaborating techniques as a support thread and is not subject to anyone wishing to argue, garbage post or debate the material posted or the existence of. There are other areas on the forum which you can debate on.

Please do not post any techniques or advice which involves drugs, or substances such as vitamin mega dosing, human growth hormones, prescription drug abuse, white powder of gold, psychic experience inducing drugs or anything similar.

What to be aware of:

The subject of astral projection is a highly diverse one which is reflected in the many and various techniques that people often talk and write about. We find people often become confused as to what's happening when they start feeling a sensation or cue, but never get past that. It is probably one of the most frequent things which bring people here to talk about.

What to know is there is not a wrong or right way to use a technique, and there is not one technique which is better or worse than another. Astral projection Techniques should be viewed like metaphors which simply communicate and train the psyche into accepting and registering what the implied intent is. Put another way, techniques are a tool to work with your own expressed intent in a way that "your mind" can understand --- what it is to astral project.

This is ultimately the purpose behind techniques and knowing this as well as putting aside any preconceived ideas, beliefs etc. is the first step before anything else. Most people, who experience difficulties with Astral Projection are experiencing difficulties not because of a technique, but because of their lack of comprehension of said technique or a block to this consciousness process, be it sub conscious, fear related, or something else. Many astral projectors agree that it is something we have most probably experienced in our sleep at some time; difference being projected in a unconscious state as opposed to being in a conscious "connected" state.

This is why this thread will be so useful in compiling different experiences, insights and techniques from a host of different experienced people. In the case of using the thread for the FAQs function, expect the responses to be diverse in reflection of this too.

So from here on out it is over to the contributors!

Thanks for reading.

Links

The popular Astral Travel thread – Here we have 322 pages now of material and conversation pertaining to astral travel -

http://www.unexplain...showtopic=60199

Edited to add on the 15th Jan 2014 --- My Guide

I have written this as a sort of guide covering several things that keep popping up over and over as popular FAQS.

Sharing

Yes you can share your experiences here, sharing accelerates growth as those with more experience will reflect you, allowing you to bounce off them, and when done authentically it encourages more to be unlocked, comprehended and shared. Everyone benefits as we are all information exchanging machines on some level.

Expectations

The next thing -- do not let expectations on what to expect by reading others experiences mould yours. Drop all expectations. It is very difficult to do as we tend to learn things by watching and mimicking others performance and techniques which is fine when we are doing something external. But on this occasion when the techniques relate to waking up the inner you and the inner gateways (astral) for you, it becomes a very personal and unique journey. The techniques that are shared are at best metaphors and analogies designed to help your mind connect the ‘action’ from the ‘intention’. So the best way to approach techniques is to pick the ones which communicate the intention best to you. Then modify if needed to make it even more personal. The more personal the better chance it has of working.

The metaphor / analogy needs to convince your mind and ego to bypass its survival programming, and tell your ego all is ok and safe to project, that it is not death. Once your ego learns this is true, it will be onboard to work with you, rather than against you. The next stage of ego work is to then keep ego from wanting to control everything all the time ;)

Next step -- The analytical part of your mind ( ego ) needs to stay out of the process completely. This is the part of your mind that chatters away 24/7, giving the running commentary on everything. You have to develop the discipline of your mind first through meditation and make it habit that your “analysis session” comes after teh session not before and not during. That includes resisting the temptation to analyse or get fixated on body sensations , you have to keep your mind and perceptions focused on a distant spot ‘beyond’ here, beyond this level, beyond this physical body and be thinking of your need/reason for projecting. Turning your attention to your third eye is to me, the best way to do this like you do in meditation. When I am focused on projecting, all my attention it is focused on my heart centre, third eye and crown area and opening that I will expand like a pillar of light ( hara line ) and ground all the way through me. I personally connect and project via my 5d self (higherself) also known as the energy body, which is why I go through these steps to activate my energy body and 5d consciousness awareness. I don't really think of this as a exercise or outing for my physical body, but rather for my energy body/ 5d self.

If any sensations are going to be helpful for me, it is the sensation of my energy field expanding (heart centre) and maybe some crown activity that I associate with higher energies / guides/ higher self, connecting. See the difference between the sensations I pay attention to and the ones I don’t? The sensations I pay attention to have purpose and I understand what the sensory is communicating at all times. This is the advantage of understanding energy and having the knowledge and ability to perceive and feel my energy field and use that awareness as a base for everything else I do. Something I will go into later.

Journalling

Journal after every session and after you wake up from sleep time, even when you think nothing has happened is part of developing the discipline of your mind and your recall rate. It is true that it gets bothersome at times but it is well worth it if you can stick in with it for at least several months or more, then it becomes part of your routine. You will actually miss it when you don’t do it, a bit like the gym lol. Journaling is writing everything down without judgement or interpretation at first. You just write from observer mode freely, as that is primarily what your stance should be during projections and meditations. In time you will hone your own inner voice in these writings and perceptions as you see it, this helps develop you into a neutral being who can respond rather than react– this is a big big deal / lesson in the kind of control you need to master to be able to astral travel.

Meditation and Reason / Need

Meditation in short can be used to astral project, absolutely. I use a mediation technique for directing my "projections" on a need to be basis. Doing it this way is faster, quicker and requires less energy overall. It is the way to allow your awareness to be connected to 2 places at the same time.

Using the meditation method for projection is better if you are doing something specific like ‘healing’ or carrying out a specific task as it offers more control over what you are doing. My perceptions are that i am projected 24/7 -- i am aware of my 5d self, my higher sensory perceptions and my energy field at all times - i can feel anything which is not me and around my field, i can feel energy and consciousness running through me. I can feel and see my environment energetically and so on. Every single thing has an astral / energy body imprint/ signature and that includes humans. Even weather currents and storms and the land you sit/walk on all have an astral presence and awareness. This is what it means to be in your astral sensory perceptions. You are already there as is everyone and everything that exists, the training is about gaining the control for switching and shifting your awareness to the astral level so you can perceive it.

Meditation and Abilities

I think meditation is a good productive way to start out, meditation is the groundwork for doing everything else. Even the techniques with lying down and altering consciousness are still meditation. First you need to get to know yourself and know what your strengths and weakness are. Are you more of a clairvoyant (visual orientated person) I am, and so visuals anchor me in very powerfully - i can shift my awareness with visualisation alone and have some special ones that my guides gave me. If i wasn't so clairvoyant but more clairaudient then tones, frequencies and sounds would anchor me in. People use sound in a very powerful way to alter consciousness and journey with. But if you are clairaudient then this is going to be your ticket to focus on. Like visuals can be powerful for the clairvoyant, sounds and frequencies are going to tune and align a clairaudient in very quickly.

Maybe you are more of an empath or clairsentient? if so then your ticket is going to be via energy work and understanding your awareness of the energy / astral body, that is something you can feel like i do, i feel with my energy field 24/7.....a lot of people find their psychic empathic skills develop or awaken more potently as a result of getting into meditation - everyone has something be it their empathy or clairvoyance that begins to develop with meditation, but this is why you need to take the time to get to know yourself and what your tendency is, so we know the best direction to come at in honing it.

If you are not aware of having any of these skills or tendencies yet and are a beginner to this, then forget being able to project and perceive the dimensions like we do straight out of the box...at the moment that is.....I'm not saying it is impossible but there is no such thing as someone who has the awareness, comprehension and perception levels for astral travelling without any hint or sign of the abilities in the psychic/ empathic spectrums. It just doesn't happen, as there is a cause and effect relationship between developing your core strengths with activating your higher sensory perceptions, and the ability to perceive and move with ease between the levels of consciousness. When you can move between your own levels of consciousness and develop a relationship with your own guides and higherself , then you can begin to move between the planetary levels and then even the galactic, which is what astral travelling is.

Guides and contacting them

Lastly, never carry other people’s expectations as your own; instead use other peoples methods for learning with and then for constructing and creating your very own version. I started out with my guides and i have always kept my team around me. Guides can come and go and some only come in for a specific time. The team I know now is not the same team i started with for example. After you have read this post find some quiet time and talk to your guides about where to go from here. You might feel silly thinking you are talking to nothing at first, but then you are going to have to get over these fears of feeling or appearing crazy or 'what will people think omg' -- it’s an inner process and an inner conversation and even the most dynamic, successful, creative people in the world know how to do this. You would be surprised at how many people do this.

Anyway, your guides will show up when they are ready to work with you. They make that decision based on you. Universal law states that no being shall interfere with the freewill of another. Only benevolent beings, energies, entities, guides, people respect this law. Your guides will stand in the background until you officially invite them in and that is why.

We are not really raised on how to state ourselves appropriately in spiritual terms/ communication because for the most part we ignore that level of consciousness and being which makes it rather difficult at first to slot into. To be heard as a spiritual divine being you need to speak with pure intention and certainty. So actively inviting your guides to help and assist you is the first step. The second step is knowing that from then onwards you cannot sit passively and just expect things to happen. Your guides will always have to be asked (never ordered) it’s only in very extreme or complex circumstances that they will intervene with something.

When your guides are ready to work with you, which really means when you are ready to work with them, they will show up in a way that leaves you in no doubt. It will be in a way which is tailored suited to you so that includes the appearance they may choose to have. It will trigger some kind of inner knowing / familiarity in you when it happens as on some level you already know who it is.

That’s all I can say. I get a lot of questions about how to contact guides or how to know if a being is your guide or not. The deal is that there are low lifes everywhere right?, just like in life. Some beings are not benevolent and so don’t care about your freewill or anyone elses. But thankfully they make that pretty clear and when you know what to look out for it’s blatantly obvious when one is at it and trying to coax you to do something so they don’t have to breach theirs. The only people who tend to have major issues with this and with discerning such activities are those who are already on the fine line or wrong side of the pitch themselves. If a person is of a self-serving nature or leans towards that way then they are going to be easy to manipulate for all the wrong reasons, power / ego driven etc. But sadly that is just a part of life, some people do choose to be that way and take that path because perhaps they are meant to.

So anything which comes across as a little shady probably is and that is a general life rule that applies universally. If you find yourself feeling pulled around by one, either emotionally or energetically or with the kind of messages that leave you feeling down or hypo egocentric, then you are not on an equal and respectful footing with that being. It’s all about learning to discern the true intention behind every action and word of what is around you. I wouldn’t worry about something coming along to pretend to be your guide though. It’s unlikely to happen once your intention for your guides to come in is set and you’re actively working on your connection to your higherself, doing your ego /shadow work and practising healthy boundaries in your meditations and in life in general.

This is an amazing amount of information. I have read it over and over and gotten something new each time. I am clairvoyant. I would use images in order to project. I hope this is not moving from the subject too much--I've always felt a connection with the trees, the environment, ants, insects, and animals. I have a way with animals that many don't have. I love rescuing trapped rabbits, shrews, etc. from our window well in town and miss growing up on the farm. I have held a stunned bird and touched it head gently and watched it's eyes close in what I think was just that good feeling of having your scalp gently rubbed or touched. I have put my finger near a shrew's "face" to let it sniff my hand in curiosity--knowing they may bite but I have never been bitten. I feel a deep affinity to nature and I "talk" to God a lot and to the spirits of others who have passed. I feel that at 51 this journey is something I've missed out on, that I was meant to do. Fear kept me projecting but I think I am beginning to understand more what it's for and why it happens. I don't think I am unique, just more attuned to maybe the spiritual world and very open minded. I feel strongly about not judging anyone because I don't know their story. The world judges too quickly and fingers are pointed and people laugh or scowl and I feel like that I ego. That is thinking you are better than someone else and I don't. I welcome diversity and look for chances to enhance my experience on earth by interacting with those that are different. Especially if they are teased or ridiculed. I want to be a better person. Am I in the right place? I think I projected the other day but possibly fell asleep and dreamed instead. Definitely was aware, thought I was near a jet engine or an airplane but I could also hear my dog's sleep noises (he's REALLY noisy when he sleeps. :). It was the closet I have ever come. I don't think I'd want to do this if I didn't have some type of forum like this. It makes me feel more brave and welcome to try. Thank you!

Kari

• Like 3

Big egos and efectivly recognizing that ego are two seperate things.

Actually I wanted to add to this. 1st books written in passive voice never sell. An assertive voice is the only way to distribute something. ;) yes I own a business and understand this. Second I distinctly remember that he received a communication that he had something important to do. It might have been in an interview, but he would not divulge what it was because he did not want people to think what they would think about him if he said he was soooo important in some way. I have received this same communication. I'm sure some if you will also. It's my personal belief that humanity is engaged in something cosmic and we all play our part. My ancestors used to dance around fires and proclaim their accomplishments... This is not the ego we are talking about, we are all subject to this and even play into it sometimes trying to be pias or extraordinary. So don't mistake assertiveness for ego... Or do. They are linked together, but just acknowledge the ego and look at it like a separate are entity. This gives insight into yourself. And I say all of that in the most egotistical way ;)

• Like 2

White Crane Feather : thanks a lot for your posts.

Last night went to bed at 12pm, set the alarm at 4am. Woke up naturally at 3:30am but I was so tired that I fell asleep.

During that night I was at my place. At some point I enter in my office and see the spirit of a dead relative dear to my heart. Seeing that ghostly apparition scared the **** out of me, even knowing that it was that loved deceased one.

A bit later, I'm talking with someone, I think this is that deceased one and explain this : "It scared me that much. Even knowing I was seeing xxxxx. Imagine, you're at home, it's the middle of the night and your alone. Then you enter in a room and saw someone there. It's frightening !".

The experience was odd because it didnt feel like a dream obviously (everything seemed real) but I was not fully aware neither. So an inbetween state and experience. It was odd.

I'll keep on working. There's still a (long ?) way to go before I can reach my goal.

Edited by Astral Seeker

Another odd experience last night.

I was in some outside place with people around me and I was composing music. That music was so beautiful that I thought "I have to remember to that music when I wake up ! This is so beautiful !".

Odd part is that while I was aware of being in that place composing music, I was aware in the same time that I was lying on my bed as well.

Kind of bilocation. I knew that I was at 2 different places at the same time with 2 different level of counsciousness.

Any idea about what it was ? Mental travel ? Full OBE ? I've been told about the "mind split" thing of Robert Bruce.

Ok, I'm having really bad problems with sleep atm. Like I can crash straight away several times a day.

Last night I got all comfortable focused on what I use to think of as galaxies (I use to love watching them behind my eyes when I was a child)it only lasted about 40 secs before my brain unleashed the days events and I crashed for the night.

Today I just lied down and I actually focused on my galaxies for a few minutes then drifted quietly off to sleep at least my brain shut off for a while lol.

Another question so if you get to the vibrating state and lift up are you awake, asleep or in-between? Also does your body automatically always pull your essence back before waking or are you meant to head back yourself?

Mind awake body asleep. Yes. No need to Head back unless you want to.

Hi,

Yesterday I was using affirmation technique while drifting to sleep.

I keep repeating the same affirmation until I fall asleep.

Feeling too sleepy and too tired.

Then after I asleep and awaken, I feel some sort of vibration running from head to toe.

It's not painful and I remain calm.(Just like some sort of mild electric).

Is it the obe vibration?

I tried to separate but feels very weak.

I affirm to myself "I'm out of my body".Suddenly, I fall asleep remembering nothing.

ok, new here, have a post on the general forum cause i didnt know about this subforum cause i was tired lastnight and didnt look very long. I am attempting to induce an altered conciousness experience on purpose tonight, have a long history of it happening on spontaneously and have decided to get a handle on it, when i do manage to do it on purpose i will have a great fear to over come, nearly everytime its happened ive encountered a very negative entity that i am ready to overcome with much of what ive learned, will probably post results everynight or so. wish me luck. ^_^

I'm dreaming that I'm sleeping in my bed (exciting dream isn't it ? lol) then I hear a voice and boom, I feel an unusual pressure in my chest, feel my heart like being turned upside down, gain lucidity, and see myself leaving my body and floating in my bedroom.

In order assure my experience to last, I say : "Stability max !", then "Lucidity max", and "clarity max !" and all begin to be like in HD.

I want to say something but I'm horrified to see that I cant talk ! I cant pronounce a single word. It is as if someone had put some adhesive tape over my mouth !

So I'm there still floating like an ******* without any control (was becoming embarrasing) when I feel an invisible force drag me somewhere. I let the force take me.

I begin to spin around myself and am lead to the corridor. I see a shadow standing in my corridor but the force keeps on draging me somewhere so I've not the chance to talk to the shadow. Then I'm in my living room still spinning (I'll have to work to cease to spin), then I'm facing my balcony and woooosh I'm flying.

At that moment it's night time (normal since it was early morning) but I guess that that invisible force teleported me somewhere or made me travel at light speed because one sec later I found myself in another place with blue sky and day light.

I see a landscape with people and at that moment unfortunately all becomes blurry and I wake up in my bed.

I look at the clock and it is 6:06am.

a) what couldnt I speak ? Because in the astral we have no mouth and all communications are done by thoughts ?

b ) have you got an idea about who could have been that shadow in my corridor ?

c) what was that invisible force taking me in that place ?

d) do you have some tips to allow an AP to last longer ?

Thanks ! :)

Edited by Astral Seeker

Usually when you are taken somewhere like that its for a reason. A lesson. It sounds like you were to busy struggling for control. Next time relax and surrender. Call out to your angle. A guide of sorts. She is usually the one carrying me when that happens.

Thanks a lot for your answer. The place I was led into was special and is related a lot with my vaudou practice. So I have to keep on thinking about "the lesson".

Yes I was concerned about the spining thing. I wished I could stabilize more.

However when I was flying I didnt have the feeling that I was spining. So I dont understand why the AP ended :(

There are no general tips to increase the lenght of an AP ?

Thanks again for your help !

Thanks a lot for your answer. The place I was led into was special and is related a lot with my vaudou practice. So I have to keep on thinking about "the lesson".

Yes I was concerned about the spining thing. I wished I could stabilize more.

However when I was flying I didnt have the feeling that I was spining. So I dont understand why the AP ended :(

There are no general tips to increase the lenght of an AP ?

Thanks again for your help !

Yes, sorry. The best way is either to have a very solid purpose, or to keep a solitary focus one one task after another. Thinking to much will cut your journy short . Try to stay busy.

• Like 1

Hi :)

I have a question. Did anybody saw spirals or things very clearly while consious and body asleep? Sry english is not my first (primary) language.

Hi :)

I have a question. Did anybody saw spirals or things very clearly while consious and body asleep? Sry english is not my first (primary) language.

You are probably experiencing phosphenes

• Like 1

I dont know what time it was but one thing was sure : I was in that mid-state, not fully alseep but not awake neither and my attention got suddenly caught by something : a blue eye appearing in my mind's eye.

I decided to get a passive approach and just notice, not trying to see better nor to understand what was going on. Just be aware of that blue eye.

Maybe 15 seconds later my whole body began shaking and I knew this was the vibrational stage, prior to any OBE exit.

Last time I felt those vibrations I didn't do anything. I'd waited for something to happen but nothing occured but vibes stopping.

This time I was determined not to make this mistake again and to try to exit while feeling those intense vibrations.

I opted for the roll over/roll out technique. Therefore, and whithout losing time, as soon as I began feeling those vibrations I rolled out to my left side.

I dont know if I really was prepared to experience something to happen but found myself shocked to feel my astral body unstick from my physical shell.

Yeah, unstick. Because it was really the feeling I got. The feeling you get if you remove slowly from your skin a patch/adhesive tape.

By the same token I also had the feeling that I was entering a kind of blobish jelly. This sure was a eerie feeling !

Unfortunately for me I got distracted/too excited/lost focus 1 sec. Yeah just 1 sec but it was enough for my astral body to stop leaving and gently get back to its former position.

This is a big fail and disappointment :td:

The past week has been very easy to exit, the higher energies are really supporting in that it is requiring hardly any energy or focus to project or shift awareness. The feeling of unsticking from my body is what i have been feeling when going out lately. It has enabled me to devise a new technique now that works very well for me and i think it has something to do with the energies / bandwidth that are newly available.

Being a clairvoyant this is visual based -

1. In your minds eye see your energy body or your 3d self - whichever way your mind wants to put it.

2. Then from the top of your head ( crown ) see yourself clasp a zip and unzip yourself from head to root.

3.As you unzip your outer layer you see it collapse around you and fall off you like one of those onesie suits or a shell of armour.

4. Take a moment to see the layer that is now exposed. What does it look like ? is it still a physical representation of you or is it a glowing energy version of you. maybe its a patchy multicoloured version, if its your energy body how bright is it, do think you can go brighter ?

5. Unzip yourself again, take a moment to observe what you see. Repeating the steps before.

6. Keep repeating this step until you reach a layer you feel content and free with. ( I went through 4 layers before i got to feeling this stage )

7. Now step out of your layers that are laying on the ground around your feet and walk away as a brightly glowing free light being. get used to seeing yourself now as this light form. The layers you just shed are your old layers, your old defences, your old perceptions that couldn't separate your bodies and that were keeping your light energy body contained and concealed / hidden.

8. Now that you feel released from your body, just will where you want to go and see your light form enter a new landscape. If you got this far you are already projected, now just focus on your landscape.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

The past week has been very easy to exit, the higher energies are really supporting in that it is requiring hardly any energy or focus to project or shift awareness. The feeling of unsticking from my body is what i have been feeling when going out lately. It has enabled me to devise a new technique now that works very well for me and i think it has something to do with the energies / bandwidth that are newly available.

Being a clairvoyant this is visual based -

1. In your minds eye see your energy body or your 3d self - whichever way your mind wants to put it.

2. Then from the top of your head ( crown ) see yourself clasp a zip and unzip yourself from head to root.

3.As you unzip your outer layer you see it collapse around you and fall off you like one of those onesie suits or a shell of armour.

4. Take a moment to see the layer that is now exposed. What does it look like ? is it still a physical representation of you or is it a glowing energy version of you. maybe its a patchy multicoloured version, if its your energy body how bright is it, do think you can go brighter ?

5. Unzip yourself again, take a moment to observe what you see. Repeating the steps before.

6. Keep repeating this step until you reach a layer you feel content and free with. ( I went through 4 layers before i got to feeling this stage )

7. Now step out of your layers that are laying on the ground around your feet and walk away as a brightly glowing free light being. get used to seeing yourself now as this light form. The layers you just shed are your old layers, your old defences, your old perceptions that couldn't separate your bodies and that were keeping your light energy body contained and concealed / hidden.

8. Now that you feel released from your body, just will where you want to go and see your light form enter a new landscape. If you got this far you are already projected, now just focus on your landscape.

I believed i achieved a mind awake body a sleep stage last night. Haven't had that stage in months. I used a technique similar to what you described except that i was focusing on a whole bunch of White Light coming down from the heavens. It got so bright within my eyelids i thought i had them open. I was then focusing on activating my Head and Heart Chakras and then the White Light turned into neural discharges. They were bouncing back and forth really fast and i was trying to concentrate on them i believe this was also during the Rem Stage of Sleep as i felt my eyes "twitching" I began by focusing on them and the scene changed to what i believe was a Lucid Dream. The Neural Discharges disappeared and all i saw was a city scene. I tried to focus on the City Scene and then I believe i experienced "Exploding Head Syndrome" as i heard someone call out something to me. It also sounded like it was outside the Dream Landscape so i briefly opened my eyes and i saw a little "Orb" of light floating and moving for a brief second and then it disappeared. When i was awake for that brief second for some reason i felt a little nervous. I also felt another sensation that is commonly reported is that when i was awake i felt the room "moving" and "Spinning/Sinking" feeling. Luckily when i closed my eyes again i was still able to see the City Landscape which looked like a inverted world kinda. After a little bit i believe i finally fell a sleep.

Notes/TLDR:

• This is the Second time i believe i experienced "Exploding Head Syndrome" while practing Astral Projection.
  • Both times after i experienced EHS i felt Nervous. Don't know why.
  • This is the first time i Saw a Blue "Orb" floating and moving after experiencing EHS. Do you guys think there is any connection there between the EHS and Orb Sighting?

So did i achieve some form of AP or was it a Lucid Dream?

Edited by stevemagegod

I hope to will be able to astral project as soon as possible.

Need to put some extra effort waking up in the morning before other people awake. :-*

Could anyone explain the best body position for astral projection? (using bed,couch,recliner)

So far,I felt most comfortable using bed, but I fall asleep easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys made an account for help. I found this thread yesterday and decided to try it before bed. Yea I know morning or whatever I work 66 hours a week so sleep is a luxury that doesn't involve getting an aftersleep nap haha.

So I laid down in bed and closed my eyes, putting a flight mask over them. I relaxed all my muscles and flexed them until I felt comfortable. I avoided unnecessary thoughts letting them flow in and out. After a time my mind staying feeling more... liquid. Or fluid, not as structured. Shortly after this I got what I believe to be the vibrations. It felt like a mild tingle all over my body, very UN normal, and unexpected. These vibrations stayed for the rest of the experience. At one point I sort of made an effort to push into the blackness in front of me. This made me excited - it seemed to work at first and I felt my mind expanding. After a time I felt rather normal and couldn't push any farther. I felt a gentle upward pull on my body, especially in my arms. The last thing I tried to do was lift my arm. I lifted my right arm, but it felt heavy, like a resistance so assuming that to be my bodyweight, and thinking it hadn't been long enough for sleep paralysis I sat it down without opening my eyes and feel asleep.

One thing of note is that at one point I started getting music, "can't raise a man" in particular. Don't think it had any meaning as I hear it about... 16 times a day assuming they play it twice an hour. But after talking to a friend today I speculate wherever it could be the loud noise I was supposed to hear as that jet engine noise is the only thing I didn't experience. It was very clear. I didn't try to get it out of my head as it would work cross purposes with meditation, and it seemed to make the process... easier in some way. Plus we've all tried getting a song out of our head it doesn't work.

So what do you guys think? Am I close to something? Did I really feel vibrations or is that an assumption?

Oh p.s. drop a tip that I've been using since a child. When I'm concentrating on trying to Fall asleep I imagine each breath sinking me deeper. Breath in, then breath out and with the out breath feel yourself sinking deeper. It worked very well during this I could feel the change in my body as I imagine the deeper feeling.

Also how do I know if my body is paralyzed or not?

Hey guys made an account for help. I found this thread yesterday and decided to try it before bed. Yea I know morning or whatever I work 66 hours a week so sleep is a luxury that doesn't involve getting an aftersleep nap haha.

So I laid down in bed and closed my eyes, putting a flight mask over them. I relaxed all my muscles and flexed them until I felt comfortable. I avoided unnecessary thoughts letting them flow in and out. After a time my mind staying feeling more... liquid. Or fluid, not as structured. Shortly after this I got what I believe to be the vibrations. It felt like a mild tingle all over my body, very UN normal, and unexpected. These vibrations stayed for the rest of the experience. At one point I sort of made an effort to push into the blackness in front of me. This made me excited - it seemed to work at first and I felt my mind expanding. After a time I felt rather normal and couldn't push any farther. I felt a gentle upward pull on my body, especially in my arms. The last thing I tried to do was lift my arm. I lifted my right arm, but it felt heavy, like a resistance so assuming that to be my bodyweight, and thinking it hadn't been long enough for sleep paralysis I sat it down without opening my eyes and feel asleep.

One thing of note is that at one point I started getting music, "can't raise a man" in particular. Don't think it had any meaning as I hear it about... 16 times a day assuming they play it twice an hour. But after talking to a friend today I speculate wherever it could be the loud noise I was supposed to hear as that jet engine noise is the only thing I didn't experience. It was very clear. I didn't try to get it out of my head as it would work cross purposes with meditation, and it seemed to make the process... easier in some way. Plus we've all tried getting a song out of our head it doesn't work.

So what do you guys think? Am I close to something? Did I really feel vibrations or is that an assumption?

Oh p.s. drop a tip that I've been using since a child. When I'm concentrating on trying to Fall asleep I imagine each breath sinking me deeper. Breath in, then breath out and with the out breath feel yourself sinking deeper. It worked very well during this I could feel the change in my body as I imagine the deeper feeling.

Also how do I know if my body is paralyzed or not?

I wouldn't worry if your body is paralyzed or not.

You seem to have done decent methods.

I usually tell people there will be no doubt your vibrations. Normally when they happen they startle people, and there is no mistaking them though. That's not to say you can't have very mild ones though.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked