Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

What about the passage of time? I felt like this all happened in a relatively quick span but today I'm unsure how long it actually was. Is a misconception of time common in these events?

What about the passage of time? I felt like this all happened in a relatively quick span but today I'm unsure how long it actually was. Is a misconception of time common in these events?

Not a misconception. In altered states of consciousness time is Irrelevant. Time is exactly that a conception. It has no reality other than what you give it. I have lived through many things the seemed to take months but was really only a few hours.

Edited by White Crane Feather

I hope to will be able to astral project as soon as possible.

Need to put some extra effort waking up in the morning before other people awake. :-*

Could anyone explain the best body position for astral projection? (using bed,couch,recliner)

So far,I felt most comfortable using bed, but I fall asleep easily.

Lately I've come to the conclusion that best results are from a position I have throughout life trained myself to avoid if that makes any sense, such as laying on the back. My thinking is that when we are kids first experiencing AP's or OBE's we quickly learn what positions help it on, and condition ourselves out of these positions if fear is a sponsoring force.. For example, If ever I lay on my back in bed, while meditating or trying to just get to sleep I instinctively cross my legs at the ankles which anchors me, or binds me to the physical and prevents me from dropping into altered states..

IMO what feels like instinctual bodily positions aren't necessarily instinct, and might be more or less conditioned by events that are forgotten, screened or rendered vague. Kids do go through a weird stage of sleeping in all sorts of crazy positions. It makes you wonder if consciously or unconsciously they/we are trying to prevent what is at the time perceived as nightmares that are in-fact OBE's..

Anyhow, the best way to find or rediscovered that sweet spot is to experiment and experience, as I am sure each individual is different..

• Like 1

Lately I've come to the conclusion that best results are from a position I have throughout life trained myself to avoid if that makes any sense, such as laying on the back. My thinking is that when we are kids first experiencing AP's or OBE's we quickly learn what positions help it on, and condition ourselves out of these positions if fear is a sponsoring force.. For example, If ever I lay on my back in bed, while meditating or trying to just get to sleep I instinctively cross my legs at the ankles which anchors me, or binds me to the physical and prevents me from dropping into altered states..

IMO what feels like instinctual bodily positions aren't necessarily instinct, and might be more or less conditioned by events that are forgotten, screened or rendered vague. Kids do go through a weird stage of sleeping in all sorts of crazy positions. It makes you wonder if consciously or unconsciously they/we are trying to prevent what is at the time perceived as nightmares that are in-fact OBE's..

Anyhow, the best way to find or rediscovered that sweet spot is to experiment and experience, as I am sure each individual is different..

That does make since. I remember when i had my first OBE as a child i found myself sleeping on my back and i do remember trying to avoid sleeping on my back whenever possible as everytime i had a bad dream or something i always was on my back. I even experienced the classic Sleep Paralysis Old Hag Syndrome as a child while on my back. As a kid that scared the living **** out of me. These days however i try and sleep on my back to introduce the Sleep Paralysis stage and nothing. However i have found a technique to get decent results short of a OBE. Its better more for Lucid Dreaming.

The technique is if you guys take a nap try and position yourself so that your head is facing downward so that your guys blood in your head is moving to the front while your head is leaning on something like a table or a Chair. Its a little awkward but its pretty dam good at getting Lucid Dreams without completely falling a sleep. If the Blood rush is to much you can pick your head up until the blood goes down and then try again. Been using this technique for a while now and sometimes i forget that i even have my eyes shut until i accidentally open them since its like i never even closed them to begin with.

Almost immediately you should be getting neural discharges. Focus on them. Then it should be A bright White Light and then you should be in a Lucid Dream State. The experience may differ per person as each time i do this technique i get different results each time before i reach the Lucid Dream Environment. If you lean your head on the chair on the spot where your third eye is supposed to be located you may even notice a "light source" or something start to appear and if you look at it/focus on it it looks almost like the real world through your closed eyes.

• Like 1

The astral police.

Ever heard of them or come across them ?

Taken From my dream journal dated Sept 1st 2013

Last night I had a headache, so had myself an early night. Recently I had been reading about the idea of 'astral police' somewhere on the internet beforehand. According to some people they felt the astral police were only in certain pockets / zones of the astral namely the areas around cities, public buildings etc and were there to keep order and peace for mostly the benefit of the spirit world populations who go there and continue living their life as if they may have done when on physical 3d. The projectors call this realm the real time zone (RTZ) and say the astral police only exist in this realm, so if you are not projecting to this zone you will not encounter the astral police. This realm is probably the closest replica of 3d as we know it because it still contains the imprints/blueprints of 'constructs' of cities, buildings, houses, people, etc etc, all things which are materialised in 3d basically. I know this last part to be accurate in my experiences and i know RTZ is the level most remote viewers are trained to operate in because it is where things can be live streamed in accordance to 3d.

From those who had experienced the astral police they seemed to have very similar stories and patterns to them. What caught their attention more than anything was projectors flying around and showing off spectacular lucid style tricks, i guess like throwing fireballs through buildings and things like that. Basically anything which is created by the mind of the projector CAN materialise in an astral dimension, as can the beings a person comes into contact with totally reflect / mirror your issues/beliefs/ shadow back at you. Now this really began to make me think as to the true purpose of the astral police.

There seemed to be an unsure debate about whether the astral police were a benevolent peace keeping force or not. How do you really determine that from what a bunch of projectors say if such a force step in to stop projectors from being destructive and having 'fun' ? The projectors see it as their ability to 'do' what they want as being 'controlled'; but what if doing what you want is simply not acceptable and comes with consequences for hurting/damaging the energies that reside in that level ?

IMO, there is an infantile approach by many who on some level believe that in the astral, 'anything goes', that they can do the hell they want, and live out their fantasy's without answering to anyone. I often call the lower levels of the astral the place where egos let lose, it's kind of crazy and demented down there, like a big darker Disneyland or video game full of just really weird stuff lol. It's where the unconscious may project to in their sleep.

So according to the projectors, you would know when you have tangled with the astral police, because they would either throw you out of the zone and end your projection, and u wake up, OR you would change dreams / locations and continue elsewhere. You might not be aware though the reason for changing scenes or locations os suddenly is because of being bounced out by the astral police. Others claimed they could use forceful means as well to stun / paralyse you with some sort of electric gun. Some had experienced being taken off to astral jail for the night where they would be contained in a dark room that they couldn't 'project' out of. Only way to end it was to wake up. The other thing that was commonly reported was the nature of the police, they seemed to be slightly cautious /scared of a projector, and never handled a projector alone but always in 3 or more. There was the feeling that the projector could do things they couldn't, but the police had the technology that the projector didn't.

And finally there was the strong sense that some of the projectors flying around were considered very disruptive to them, their energetic eco system and the spirits who lived there, for whatever reason they considered most projectors to not be in control of themselves and this was the main issue that was frightening for them, the spirits didn't like the damage that projectors caused to their landscape or buildings.

This made me think a lot, how would we feel or how do we feel when people experience poltergeists and stuff like that? but how would we feel in 3d if say beings/spirits from another dimension created and projected the madness and fantasy of their egos into our world? Thankfully for the most part they are 'unable' to do so due to the current laws of this dimension, but that may not always be the case, esp when the veil comes completely down.

So anyway, when i went to sleep last night I hadn't really reflected on all of this yet, the story i have told first is the reflection upon waking up after being given a context to do so.

I became aware of being in an airport, airports to me are common occurrences in my astral dreams. The mood of the airport was easy going, i felt happy as i was making my way through the airport. I felt like i had just arrived into this zone but didn't know why or where i was going to next. Then after a few moments, i turned around as i was approaching an escalator. I could feel someone staring at me. I saw a woman standing still holding a bag over her arm. She was about 10 metres or so away from me and had frizzy blonde/grey hair. She looked like she was in her 60's. She was staring at me intensely as she slowly drew out a knife blade or one of those blades without a handle and threw it at me. I was stunned as to what she doing, her image just didn;t match up with her intention and i laughed wondering if it was a bad joke as i dodged her blade, finding it hard to take this seriously. She took another blade into her hand and threw it again, this time it hit the side of the escalator and it cluttered down the steps. She began to take a step towards me so i decided to get away from her as she was obviously bat **** crazy. As i got down the escalator another blade came flying through the air and landed on the floor below, sliding across. I began to run and started to 'look' for the police.

I eventually found 2 police officers, they were dressed in black combat suits, it took a bit of looking and asking around to find them though which most of the dream was about that journey, some of the airport workers couldn't 'see' me which was both amusing and frustrating. I was all over the airport before i found the police, and told them quickly what had happened. When the police lady asked me what colour/style of hair the lady had, she seemed to finish my sentences for me in knowing who the lady was. I saw a picture telepathically be exchanged between us of her identity. The police came across as very non judgemental, didn't detect anything negative or threatening but they weren't exactly forthcoming either. Unlike normal police forces they were very difficult to find so that makes me think they are more of a hidden force. After i was done with them i woke up from that dream. So maybee i was ejected by them from that zone lol.

I know that much of this was to do with what i had been reading and thinking about before i went to sleep that night. I made it my intention to have that astral experience so i could see for myself. Now that i have had that experience I'm still open minded about who and what they are.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

I tried to infiltrate the White House one time. And several characters kept makeing me forget what I was trying to do. Then I woukd become lucid again, and continue on my mission, and the would distract me with something, lucid again. I was constantly being redirected.

A spirit guide also hooked me out if the air once when I was going to do something I probably wasn't ready for. It was just after the tsunamis in Japan.

I believe it. I wouldn't doubt the idea that some shadow experiences are entities trying to keep people in their bodies because they are not ready for the altered states yet.

• Like 1

The astral police.

Ever heard of them or come across them ?

Not sure if it's the same thing, but the Dream and Thought Police are and old nemesis from way back one of those dreams that stick..

I think it was around about 11th November 2012 Dream Journal Volume 1. Unfortunately the details I could remember or depth of perception back then are pretty vague, the notes are scribbled and experiences were interpreted and written by ego and not as it actually was. These dreams were the only time I experienced something like an Astral police force that I can remember, and it was well over a year ago.

Had 4 dreams that night.. Written below, word for word: (What I've written in brackets are details I've remembered today)

1.. Looking for Mystery/place or looking for some sort of hidden answer. Battlestar Galactica. Kid Hiding from someone there in a room? Hiding from Dream Police. (The kid was a boy, the room had the appearance of being a scientific Lab, or perhaps a science classroom. The boy was sent in to steal something as part of a resistance. He was hiding under a bench with bunsen burners and computer monitors and equipment. This happened in a star-ship or modern part of a city, perhaps some part of the city capable of being a star-ship. The Dream police were perceived as an enemy of truth.)

2.. Climbing Tree, Chains Hanging, need to hide evidence from the Dream Police. (This was at my neighbors place. the Chains hanging were in a very tall hedge/tree row. The Chains were actually some kind of communications antenna I was hiding in the trees for my neighbor.I felt that the chains were an antenna into the Astral, or means of connecting to the dream worlds. Again, the Dream Police were perceived as enemy of freedom and truth in some fashion.)

3.. Talking to Farmer. Shopping at Mitre 10? "It was damn Hard" said Farmer. Fence of Pickets built red at 45 degree angle. (?????)

4.. Thought Police. Road Blocks in City. This is the future. (I recall the roadblocks, one after the other, across major roads belonged to the resistance, not to the thought Police.. It was a city under siege or preparing for one I was inside one of the roadblocks with a group of other people. The roadblock was built of brick and wood and cars and seemed like a hallway within. we were preparing for the thought police to come.)

(I never saw the Thought or Dream Police, they existed as Concept only but they were perceived as an enemy of truth, not as a protecting force. In the first and 2nd dream they were hiding secrets from me and preventing me from knowing or being able to connect with some kind of truth, Dunno about the 3rd dream I'm at a loss to explain or recall that one, but the 4th siege dream was a result of finding the secret "whatever it was".. Anyhow, the Dream and Thought Police were never actually seen..

I think there's a difference between Police and security. I've encountered security before, Errr, Crikey.. I'm an astral crook.. :lol:

Edited to add: Hmmmm, actually there is a 2nd much more recent experience where I encountered a Police-like force that I interpreted as Security, not as a Police force so-to speak.. Also there was a similar theme around them maintaining order in a city/society, all be it a society that was a police state Dystopia. At one point my actions deserved to get Police attention, but there was also a fear of them, and a fear that they were suppressing me in the disguise of maintaining Law and order and watching every move. Also the disposal/hiding of a communications device..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

The concept of Astral Police is interesting. Perhaps when you hear of people dieing in there sleep it is the Astral Police executing your soul so you never return to your body to wake up.

Here's a tool to help our minds understand what is needed.

This is an example of how multidimensional time can help us understand the consciousness shift required . When we view the drops in 3d time we see 2 drops happen in a split second. Our 3d physical eyes can not read past what 30fps ? When we are in a traumatic situation, near death or a car accident for example, adrenalin fires off to bring our fps to around 60 fps... That is one example of how we may experience a total shift of consciousness in connection to time (fps)

This video is showing technology which can record these drops of water at 5000fps, this would be impossible for our 3d eyes to see let alone our 3d minds process. When we watch the slow mo version of what it would be like to perceive at 5000fps we suddenly realise that there is so much to something so simple that we do not 'see' .. In order for us to process that, we need it in slow mo and for what takes a split second to occur needs to be slowed down to 2 mins of 3d earth time to process. This is an example of dual or multi dimensional time because we can watch the same thing happen in 2 different modes...the irony is that the more fps or 'vibration' something exists at, the faster it really is and look at how slow we are in 3d....For us to have to slow something down to 2 mins to see a split second of something, just illustrates that.

Now astrically speaking, what if in order to see the astral world, spirits etc all you had to do was shift your consciousness so you undock from your 3d eyes and plug into your third eye -which can handle a hell of a lot more fps than our physical 3d eyes ;) that's the secret... and not only that, see in hd 1080p ...

Just something to think about ...

So...

What do ya'll make of this?

Yesterday I had a pretty intense experience I'm calling astral. In the dream I was helping my Mum play some old records, The record player was playing up, (and the record was something I'd seen the day before in a shop where I'd got that "I know I'm gonna dream of this" feeling..) Anyway, out of nowhere a little bird started fluttering about my head chirping, passively.. I sat up and tried to vaguely catch it. At the same time, Mum's & two other voices started to exclaim "Oh what a pretty wee thing!" & Oh it's beautiful!" & "It's a little bird!" As I sat up I somehow pulled it in or gathered it in to my left eye.. (The woke) My Eye has been a bit sore/bruised ever since.. (This was followed 11 minutes later by some pretty powerful energy flows that I felt in a woken state) it was a pretty cool experience, and has given me some pretty powerful emotive boost..

So I've Binged & goggled for an answer to this and come up with squat apart from astra (the record label) that in a metaphysical/entomological sense is a very powerful supernatural weapon of some kind.

The thing is, the Birdy experience was just like others I've had of late where the feel & nature of the dream has been Astral. On several occasions I've found myself in places, cities, worlds where I've been living a life of another. These Astral encounters have been insane.. Very cool!! but insane as in wow that was not normal in any sense of the word.. These are not normal dreams, and they border a level of awareness I'm still assimilating (If that makes sense)...... I've kind of kept this close to my chest because every time I've come out with this kind of stuff publicly like this I go though a long period of difficulty to connect.. But the way I figure it, I need to get over that hurdle.

Anyway, the thing is I'm pretty sure I'm able to connect to the Astral now (whatever it is).. The stink thing about it is I've been connecting for about 3 months but have been to damn drowsy to realize it.. lol.. And even worse is that I think I've always been connected to it, just not aware of it..

Most importantly... Thanks Guy's.. It's hard to imagine now that when I first logged onto this thread about 50 pages ago, I could barely remember 1 or 2 dreams a year.. So far this year, most night's I surpass 3-5 dreams.. Thanks for all the guidance.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

So...

Yesterday I had a pretty intense experience I'm calling astral. In the dream I was helping my Mum play some old records, The record player was playing up, (and the record was something I'd seen the day before in a shop where I'd got that "I know I'm gonna dream of this" feeling..) Anyway, out of nowhere a little bird started fluttering about my head chirping, passively.. I sat up and tried to vaguely catch it. At the same time, Mum's & two other voices started to exclaim "Oh what a pretty wee thing!" & Oh it's beautiful!" & "It's a little bird!" As I sat up I somehow pulled it in or gathered it in to my left eye.. (The woke) My Eye has been a bit sore/bruised ever since.. (This was followed 11 minutes later by some pretty powerful energy flows that I felt in a woken state) it was a pretty cool experience, and has given me some pretty powerful emotive boost..

So I've Binged & goggled for an answer to this and come up with squat apart from astra (the record label) that in a metaphysical/entomological sense is a very powerful supernatural weapon of some kind.

The thing is, the Birdy experience was just like others I've had of late where the feel & nature of the dream has been Astral. On several occasions I've found myself in places, cities, worlds where I've been living a life of another. These Astral encounters have been insane.. Very cool!! but insane as in wow that was not normal in any sense of the word.. These are not normal dreams, and they border a level of awareness I'm still assimilating (If that makes sense)...... I've kind of kept this close to my chest because every time I've come out with this kind of stuff publicly like this I go though a long period of difficulty to connect.. But the way I figure it, I need to get over that hurdle.

Anyway, the thing is I'm pretty sure I'm able to connect to the Astral now (whatever it is).. The stink thing about it is I've been connecting for about 3 months but have been to damn drowsy to realize it.. lol.. And even worse is that I think I've always been connected to it, just not aware of it..

Most importantly... Thanks Guy's.. It's hard to imagine now that when I first logged onto this thread about 50 pages ago, I could barely remember 1 or 2 dreams a year.. So far this year, most night's I surpass 3-5 dreams.. Thanks for all the guidance.

I always knew you would have your day prof. That's what commitment and a strong positive attitude coupled with respect and an open mind can get. I have been thinking about writing various short stories about people I have encountered not jus on UM though. If I ever get around to it, you are on my list my friend.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

So...

Haha well done for finally coming to terms with it :tu: I always knew you would have your day too. It was always going to be on you, through your own validations to get to the point where you just started knowing and trusting what you were expercing. And that is the beauty of it, no one else can make it happen and no one else can take away what you've founded for yourself now. That is extremely important.

I agree very much so with whitecrane on your traits of maturity, respect, and strong positive attitude and open mind - and yes that commitment for seeing it through.

From the beginning i could recognise certain things you were getting straight out of the astral level and thinking wow, when is he going to stop calling these things just 'dreams' Lol :whistle:

• Like 1

Thanks..

Lol, sucks when dawning comprehension sneaks up you. It leaves behind a level of embarrassment one gets when you realize you've been wrong about something for a very long time. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, so far, there's no lull in these experiences.

I'm encountering a lot of weird themes and concepts that I didn't expect, such as perception being split to allow consciousness of two locations at the same time, Seeing words and the hidden energy behind words, and having dream memories, or inheriting memory from characters in dreams.. There's also moments of vagueness, where recollection and memory eludes me.. My guide/guides are often unknown to me, I'll perceive them as being present and watchful, but we rarely speak, except for one, who oddly appears like my old Science Teacher in High school.. Mostly my guides stay nameless and faceless..

Am wondering? With guides, Is it just me, or do all guides never travel though the same doorway as yourself?

Yesterday's dream/astral..

I was in what appeared to be someones museum, but it was more like a private collection of memorabilia, photo's and old pamphlets that all had some kind of association with a mountain very close to my location. The building it's self was a house, white, and inside it was a clutter of boxes, old furniture, dusty looking antiques and junk.. An elderly woman was showing me things, photo's, letters. I recall her showing me a B&W photograph of an old airplane, and as my interest in the picture became more focused I actually began to see the old plane and it's engines in 3-d.. She then started reading something about the mountain, and my attention snapped back to her and what she was saying. She had an old posh accent "From above the black hillocks and stone parapets of the mountain appear as to be bolted onto it's sides"

(Vague bit)

In a white/grey handbag I found a bundle of pamphlets that appeared to refer to an ancestor of mine. (Though I doubt the validity of this person ever living, there certainly was some kind of connection from what I know about my English ancestors) Lord Wilfred Jefferies (reverend).. Inside the pamphlet there were perhaps a dozen B&W photographs of the Family, and I wondered if I might actually see a photo of my mother, however all of the characters in the photo's were male.

Each Photograph depicted a different scene in the same woodland location, and all of the people in the photo's wore very old garb in peasant or very early dark-ages style. They style was, I guess, a crazy mix of Victorian and dark-ages, the same location made to look different by way of curtains, cutouts, old fashioned 15th century theatrical sets made of cloth and wood.. One particular photograph grabbed my attention because the characters were holding up placards that had symbols or writing that looked vaguely familiar, one image in particular of a triangle with a Dot in the center..

In a 2n'd pocket in the white/grey handbag I found what appeared to be a Short-fat scroll at first. A look at the writing on the outside of the scroll told me that it was a Prayer a wish, or some kind of hope or dream that belonged to an ancestor.. It noticed that it was once wrapped with a ribbon (perceived as red) and at that point I wondered who it belonged to.. My ethereal took off at that point to see this ancestor, meanwhile at the same time I unwrapped the scroll and inside it I found an old light-bulb. It's kind of odd explaining things that happen at the same time, because at the same time I was physically unwrapping the scroll and finding the light bulb inside of it my ethereal had zipped off to talk to my ancestor, a boy of 9-10. A question must have been asked about the origin of the ribbon that once held the dream and light-bulb, because the boy, in a very plumb English accent said "Oh no.. That ribbon was very bad indeed"

It was then that in the dream I was asked, by the elderly woman, if I wanted two keep what I'd found... And I woke...

Am wondering, if this was some kind of Akashic Record?

Edited by Professor T

Kind of, but of your ancestral line. It seems to be a stage to go through or something that comes around in layers, some of it is knowledge and some of it is part of the 'old cycle'. Some people have agreements with their ancestral lines to 'heal' misiams or ( undealt stuff - things / karma / lessons that is believed to pass to the next generation if the other one was unable to ) there are even whole reincarnation concepts around this. What is different now in this era about the cycle, is we are now in a new cycle, and in a new way. We no longer have to get caught in the reincarnation cycle (ie die in order to reach the higher astral levels, to be re born to continue old lessons. That whole concept is of the old world, now we are able to do all this 'soul work' and 'ancestral work' while living in the flesh AND in a spiritual body and environment aka astral all at the same time ( multi dimensional being )

Another concept of it is those who talk about all the timelines and 'zeropoint', in an odd sense every single timeline past present future is simultaneously playing out, our consciousness level is not experiencing just one track/path at a time now ( old world/way of things) again we don't have to physically die to experience the awakening / rebirth or experience a multidimensional way of being.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's very interesting that White Crane Feather's method is pretty close to what I found naturally gives me sleep paralysis through my own practices.

I just recently discovered that when I feel vibrations, I am ready to separate. I've had 2 OBEs in the last week using a sleep deprivation/napping method. I just need to work on lucidity in the "OBE environment"

I think it's very interesting that White Crane Feather's method is pretty close to what I found naturally gives me sleep paralysis through my own practices.

I just recently discovered that when I feel vibrations, I am ready to separate. I've had 2 OBEs in the last week using a sleep deprivation/napping method. I just need to work on lucidity in the "OBE environment"

:)

Yes ridding the edges of awareness. A bit like consciousness surfing . :D

Well, so far, there's no lull in these experiences.

I'm encountering a lot of weird themes and concepts that I didn't expect, such as perception being split to allow consciousness of two locations at the same time, Seeing words and the hidden energy behind words, and having dream memories, or inheriting memory from characters in dreams.. There's also moments of vagueness, where recollection and memory eludes me.. My guide/guides are often unknown to me, I'll perceive them as being present and watchful, but we rarely speak, except for one, who oddly appears like my old Science Teacher in High school.. Mostly my guides stay nameless and faceless..

Am wondering? With guides, Is it just me, or do all guides never travel though the same doorway as yourself?

Yesterday's dream/astral..

I was in what appeared to be someones museum, but it was more like a private collection of memorabilia, photo's and old pamphlets that all had some kind of association with a mountain very close to my location. The building it's self was a house, white, and inside it was a clutter of boxes, old furniture, dusty looking antiques and junk.. An elderly woman was showing me things, photo's, letters. I recall her showing me a B&W photograph of an old airplane, and as my interest in the picture became more focused I actually began to see the old plane and it's engines in 3-d.. She then started reading something about the mountain, and my attention snapped back to her and what she was saying. She had an old posh accent "From above the black hillocks and stone parapets of the mountain appear as to be bolted onto it's sides"

(Vague bit)

In a white/grey handbag I found a bundle of pamphlets that appeared to refer to an ancestor of mine. (Though I doubt the validity of this person ever living, there certainly was some kind of connection from what I know about my English ancestors) Lord Wilfred Jefferies (reverend).. Inside the pamphlet there were perhaps a dozen B&W photographs of the Family, and I wondered if I might actually see a photo of my mother, however all of the characters in the photo's were male.

Each Photograph depicted a different scene in the same woodland location, and all of the people in the photo's wore very old garb in peasant or very early dark-ages style. They style was, I guess, a crazy mix of Victorian and dark-ages, the same location made to look different by way of curtains, cutouts, old fashioned 15th century theatrical sets made of cloth and wood.. One particular photograph grabbed my attention because the characters were holding up placards that had symbols or writing that looked vaguely familiar, one image in particular of a triangle with a Dot in the center..

In a 2n'd pocket in the white/grey handbag I found what appeared to be a Short-fat scroll at first. A look at the writing on the outside of the scroll told me that it was a Prayer a wish, or some kind of hope or dream that belonged to an ancestor.. It noticed that it was once wrapped with a ribbon (perceived as red) and at that point I wondered who it belonged to.. My ethereal took off at that point to see this ancestor, meanwhile at the same time I unwrapped the scroll and inside it I found an old light-bulb. It's kind of odd explaining things that happen at the same time, because at the same time I was physically unwrapping the scroll and finding the light bulb inside of it my ethereal had zipped off to talk to my ancestor, a boy of 9-10. A question must have been asked about the origin of the ribbon that once held the dream and light-bulb, because the boy, in a very plumb English accent said "Oh no.. That ribbon was very bad indeed"

It was then that in the dream I was asked, by the elderly woman, if I wanted two keep what I'd found... And I woke...

Am wondering, if this was some kind of Akashic Record?

If that was my own experience, I'd probably take that as a normal lucid dream (that is if you were lucid during this), and not something to do with Akashic record.

Edited by sea-dove

I tried to infiltrate the White House one time. And several characters kept makeing me forget what I was trying to do. Then I woukd become lucid again, and continue on my mission, and the would distract me with something, lucid again. I was constantly being redirected.

A spirit guide also hooked me out if the air once when I was going to do something I probably wasn't ready for. It was just after the tsunamis in Japan.

I believe it. I wouldn't doubt the idea that some shadow experiences are entities trying to keep people in their bodies because they are not ready for the altered states yet.

Wow.. I found your post very interesting as I had the same experience one time when I tried to get into the White House. I couldnt get in... I ended up coming to the conclusion that they have this astrally guarded by others cause I was stopped.

Im trying to remember how exactly I I was stopped, it wasnt a barrier as such (Ive run into things like that before but it wasnt that) I think what happened was the same as what you experienced.. it was like I kept being purposely distracted.. not by myself thou but someone else causing this like mind influencing me to stop me.

This was many years ago (before the current president) and I'd long forgotten about that AP till I read your post.

Edited by sea-dove

Its usually easier to lucid dream or AP from a position in which you dont usually sleep in as it helps signify that you are aiming for not your normal sleep routine but helps symbolise that you wish to do something different eg it helps breaks the habit of just going into a persons "normal sleep".

Edited by sea-dove

Thanks a lot for your answer. The place I was led into was special and is related a lot with my vaudou practice. So I have to keep on thinking about "the lesson".

Yes I was concerned about the spining thing. I wished I could stabilize more.

However when I was flying I didnt have the feeling that I was spining. So I dont understand why the AP ended :(

There are no general tips to increase the lenght of an AP ?

Thanks again for your help !

Ive heard that one can draw energy from the physical body to help hold oneself in an AP longer but Ive never tried to do that. I dont know thou if id recommend anyone to do that thou if one hasnt been doing energy raising exercises, to boost the energy of the physical body before going out. (maybe one could draw too much off of it if energy wasnt raised??? ) Ive no idea.

Edited by sea-dove

I have question regarding meditation for astral travel.

What does some books means by "meditation raising vibration"?

Perhaps someone can give their opinion or views relating to this.

Thanks.

Another odd experience last night.

I was in some outside place with people around me and I was composing music. That music was so beautiful that I thought "I have to remember to that music when I wake up ! This is so beautiful !".

Odd part is that while I was aware of being in that place composing music, I was aware in the same time that I was lying on my bed as well.

Kind of bilocation. I knew that I was at 2 different places at the same time with 2 different level of counsciousness.

Any idea about what it was ? Mental travel ? Full OBE ? I've been told about the "mind split" thing of Robert Bruce.

Being in two different places at once, commonly happens to me when I do WILDs (wake induced lucid dreaming) and Im still entering into the lucid dream thou my waking consciousness doesnt change (I keep my consciousness).

That is normal for me to feel in two places at once if Im doing bilocation/remote viewing. Ive never left the feel of my physical body during an RV even if I feel like Im elsewhere

It also happens to me but far far less often during AP....

Its just awareness coming from your different energy bodies eg astral and the etheric or physical counterpart. One interesting experience I had during a WILD as I was experiencing my breathing in my physical body (as I was observing my breath) while at the same time as the dream started, I was then experiencing my breathing in my dream body, both at once. Interestingly they were breathing at different rates. This feeling myself breathing from too bodies quickly alerted me that I was entering into a dream. (when I enter into dreams, my sight is my last sense to come in.. if all my senses dont transition at once).

Edited by sea-dove

Hi,

I'm new here. I have been training and trying to project for almost 3 weeks.

But haven't success yet. I have tried meditation technics many times.Sometimes I fall asleep but slightly awake.

It took about 20 minutes but nothing happen.

I also have tried once in the morning. I feel like sinking. Thats the only thing I feld.

Sometimes I feel mild tingling and some minor vibrations (on my leg,ears,thighs,but it does not happen at the same time)

I've also read some books by Robert Bruce, Monroe and Buhlman but don't know which is the best.

For your information,once I'm awake,I'm not feeling sleepy or groggy.

I always have difficulties in sleeping.

I think I've stuck.Need some help to astral travel.

Hope someone can gimme some ideas.

Thanks

As far as AP books go, I can say I must of read about 12 of them, including many of the well known ones and didnt have any luck at all achieving AP following their techniques. This includes Robert Bruces stuff which I worked with daily for about 4-5 months for often hours at a time, his ROPE technique never worked for me.. his energy stimulation exercises didnt seem to help me (I already was acutely aware of my bodies energy and could feel all that before I did these exercises) and I already was an experienced meditator and good at getting into a trance already.

The book that finally got me having OBEs (and easily at that .. within weeks I was having OBES) used a completely different technique (an occultic method) to anything else I tried. The book called "Astral Projection, the out of body experience" by Denning and Phillps. (It turned to be that energy raising exercise of the sort in this book... pillar of light.. was essential for me to be able to do AP and that is all I need to start having spontanous OBES. I didnt even need to complete the exercises in the book as it just happens for me easily if I just raise my energy good with that technique.

Anyway.. this is the book I recommend esp for anyone into energy raising techniques etc.

This is a reminder to *anyone* who hasn't read the opening post or made themselves familiar with how the thread works. Here is a copy of the opening post that explains why this thread does not function as a typical debate thread and what its purpose is. It also includes a reminder of what the expectations are of the thread, and the policy which every poster is asked to stick to when they contribute to this thread.

For a little fyi, before this thread existed ( it is now nearly 2 .5 years old ) there was no such thing as a thread like this anywhere on the site. This site does not make a habit of pinning threads or corrugating areas off for debate free or 'hassle free' areas for like minded people to come together. This thread was to be a library info hub, a first of its kind for members to submit their techniques and guides too. Unexplained-mysteries is a multi cultured, multi belief discussion and debate site, so this kind of set up was defiantly an exception to the rule and had to prove it self to work. Which it did with flying colours. What some people may not be aware of or even appreciate now is until then, there was nowhere considered like this to come to, without having to include usual debate with skeptics and cynics. It originated out of a need for somewhere to have a debate free zone so that a library of info could be built, for collecting the info people were trying to get out and discuss and made accessible to anyone easily, free of nitpicking, free of judgement and free of critique.

The FAQS part of the thread was to be open for anyone to ask or answer questions as they arose by giving their unique perspectives with the understanding that for as many techniques that exist out there, there are as many reflections and variations in the answerers that may be given. Some may come directly from spirit guides or channelled, some from experience, and some from texts that some may have found helpful. It was asked that this giving, had to be respected and not made into a nit picking game or competitive episode in order to allow the various streams of information to come through. It was asked that people focused on what they would like to contribute rather use this thread as a debate on what was contributed.

The forum which the thread is pinned too, is the dreams and consciousness forum, while it is not strictly "now" completely a debate forum, it used to be and for anything people wished to ham out with one another more closely or debate, compare, critique, it was and still is the known and expected thing to do to start a new thread under the pinned thread for the purpose, rather than start it in the pinned thread. Everyone up until now has understood this skeptics and cynics included, and for reasons that have occurred recently with lack of comprehending how this thread works, this is why this is being reminded of.

There are couple of popular threads which exist in the dream and consciousness section for further discussion as well, Professor T's Visions, Insight, Pre&Post cognition has become a useful supplement that is quite often bounced between here and there, and extends on things which have come up in the FAQS thread. Link here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=248251

Opening for post for those who haven't read it states -

Greetings,

If you are interested in the subject of Astral Projection, whether it is for learning more or sharpening your skills up, then this is the thread for you.

Purpose of this thread:

The purpose of this thread is to serve as a guidance and information hub for anybody interested in learning, developing or sharing their Astral Projection skills and techniques. This is a collective community effort that is being kick started by the members here who are diversely experienced with the Astral Realms, Dimensions, Travel and Projection.

Each will be contributing in their own format their knowledge, tips, techniques and skills which will hopefully help you become more successful with achieving astral projection or in overcoming the common pitfalls. This will create a place of reference for easier learning, collaboration and exchange for info and techniques. Frequently asked questions will also be covered and the thread will evolve alongside the existing popular Astral Projection thread as a support supplement. (See links below)

Who is this thread for:

Anyone can contribute to this project if they have a method/technique they would like to prepare and share here for teaching others.

Anyone from complete beginner to advanced level who is interested in learning or sharing info/tips about astral projection is welcome to share.

What this thread is not for:

Please respect that this is not a debate thread. A pinned thread such as this is for compiling information and collaborating techniques as a support thread and is not subject to anyone wishing to argue, garbage post or debate the material posted or the existence of. There are other areas on the forum which you can debate on.

Please do not post any techniques or advice which involves drugs, or substances such as vitamin mega dosing, human growth hormones, prescription drug abuse, white powder of gold, psychic experience inducing drugs or anything similar.

What to be aware of:

The subject of astral projection is a highly diverse one which is reflected in the many and various techniques that people often talk and write about. We find people often become confused as to what's happening when they start feeling a sensation or cue, but never get past that. It is probably one of the most frequent things which bring people here to talk about.

What to know is there is not a wrong or right way to use a technique, and there is not one technique which is better or worse than another. Astral projection Techniques should be viewed like metaphors which simply communicate and train the psyche into accepting and registering what the implied intent is. Put another way, techniques are a tool to work with your own expressed intent in a way that "your mind" can understand --- what it is to astral project.

This is ultimately the purpose behind techniques and knowing this as well as putting aside any preconceived ideas, beliefs etc. is the first step before anything else. Most people, who experience difficulties with Astral Projection are experiencing difficulties not because of a technique, but because of their lack of comprehension of said technique or a block to this consciousness process, be it sub conscious, fear related, or something else. Many astral projectors agree that it is something we have most probably experienced in our sleep at some time; difference being projected in a unconscious state as opposed to being in a conscious "connected" state.

This is why this thread will be so useful in compiling different experiences, insights and techniques from a host of different experienced people. In the case of using the thread for the FAQs function, expect the responses to be diverse in reflection of this too.

Policy of this thread

*To repeat and make clear again, this thread is for submitting techniques, guides, tips, and for sharing experiences from your unique perspective and experience of what has worked for you. The thread offers the chance to ask any questions or give any answers from your perspective - it is NOT FOR comparing techniques or debating over who is better than who or who is wrong or whatever etc. It is NOT FOR criticising or judging other techniques or bad mouthing techniques just because they didn't work or agree with you or your beliefs.

The understanding is that astral work is a highly personal journey and while we may be able to share and learn to a certain extent, what is right for one person may not be right for the next and this has to be respected for this thread to remain on a open and comfortable level. Because it is a library of sorts it will be operating through this 'no debate, no judgement policy.' If you wish to debate certain things please start a new thread with in the dreams forum for the purpose. Thanks.

So from here on out it is over to the contributors!

Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked