Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

So, just another experience I want to share for Inspirations sake.. And because this was pretty awesome..

I was in a dream, details are vague, but I was on the sofa watching a TV show about mice , while at the same time at another Level I was in the TV chasing mice.. Yeah, weird hah.. But what happened next was even weirder, because as I drew my awareness away from the TV I noticed I had a cake of soap in each hand and was naked, so jumped to my feet and rushed off to the bathroom to get a towel. In the bathroom I went to turn the lights on, everything was black, I reached for the light.. the wall.. there was nothing there, and all of a sudden I was completely Lucid..

So I realized I was in Bed in a state of Sleep Paralysis, Eyes closed.. I tried to will myself out of Body.. My other exit techniques have been utter failures, but this time I did have success at last!..................Woo Hoo!! :D .................. kind off....... :unsure2:

What happened was My legs floated up, then waste, then the rest of my body floated up into a vertical position. So there I was in pitch darkness.. My physical body was laying horizontal, and my Astral body was half stuck in my physical body, still connected at the head and arms.. I tried to push away with my arms, but what I think happened at this point was I tired to open my physical eyes and push away with my physical arms, the result being that I got reeled back in and woken up.. I didn't see a darn thing.. But the feeling was surreal!!

So, this is what I perceive as a near OBE, not an Astral Event.. All through this I could feel smooth vibrations.. It was quite exhilarating..Does this sound like an important distinction between Astral v's OBE?

I know I've struggled to put Astral & OBE's into separate categories, even though Dreams, Astral, OBE's are all part of the same continuum. My perception of these experiences needs to be put into categories in order to separate one from the other even though there is no separation, just different levels of the same thing..

Anyhow.. I'm Curious? What is other peoples distinction between OBE & Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming? How do you differentiate between the 3?

An OBE would be the event and experience while AP is the action of doing it. For me really the concept is synonymous. I suppose there are more non earthly style experiences one might call astral projection as opposed to an OBE.

Like you said a continuum. I separate it from lucid dreaming based on intent and how the environment plays out.if I exit on purpose? Then obviously we are talking about an OBE. Lucid Dreams are almost always scenario driven for me. I'm lucid in a story line. For me, OBEs have a much crisper quality than lucid dreams. I have dreamed of going OBE before. The scenario was projecting with other people. I became lucid after the dream exit because I realized that the normal crisp quality was missing. I have also had entities one in particular try to push my consciousness back into dreaming. One moment I have created an OBE and was operating in full lucidity. Then the next moment she has taken my hand and implanted a scenario. In this case she took my hand and all of a sudden we were newly weds on vacation together about to enter a restaurant to have dinner. I regained lucidity after noticing something odd about the environment, so now I was aware of the redirection attempt and how an OBE can turn or be turned into a dream.

I also have scenario lucid dreams where its known that I'm lucid. When I go to that pub and speak with that man there I am dreaming but its an astral experience. I will classify these as an astral dream but not an OBE. Nor is it a projection in my opinion because it wasn't done on purpose

I don't know if any of these labels are particularly useful. Like you said a continuum. For some its all dreaming, but what exactly is dreaming?

Someone like BLU3 it dosnt seem to matter, but I am crutched with the feeling of exit and particular sensations, without it, it's hard for me to call a dream even a lucid one a projection or an OOBE.

Even so it doesn't matter that much. Just layers.

• Like 2

Thx for the Answear, but i have no idea What shall I answer :D

But another question:

Ahnywhere tell me, its possible change something in the past, and wake up in a alternate Timeline, the Orginal timeline remains unaffected ?

My take on manipulating reality in such ways. I happen to believe there is no real time. I see unfolding events like a morphing blob. The past affects the future and the future affects the past. Observations and perceptions you are makeing now are changing actual events in the past though only those parts hidden and unknown and therefore lost to the past. In this way you can affect the past but you can't change it. I know that sounds strange but really is about affecting the future, through the past.

My acl was blown out once. I was using meditation and OOBs to attempt to facilitate healing. Most of which revolved around observing it as being fine. Then my MRI showed a complete tear. It basically wasn't there from any angle. Still I kept it up. I went in for surgery to replace it. When I woke up the doctor told me to his surprise my acl was still there though not all of it, he tested the tension on it and it was good. The incidence of a false positive with an MRI on a complete ACL. Tear is extremely rare. The MRI is thorough.

It's hard to think it was a fluke.

Anyhow.. I'm Curious? What is other peoples distinction between OBE & Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming? How do you differentiate between the 3?

I agree that there is a certain 'feel' and quality like whitecrane said, a "crispness" which signals that the use of my higher sensory perceptions are involved, giving me a clarity level that goes beyond what i could gain in 3d using my 3d perceptions. Experiencing it in meditation has also given me the experience to go by as well in knowing what is dreaming and what is not. When i am in this level of awareness I just know that i am not dreaming, but not in the same way of waking up in a lucid dream and thinking now i can control everything. It's more than that, I feel the part of me which I do not get experience so wholly in 3d. It's the higher self part of me. Sometimes i am aware of projecting ( starts with a subtle shift /peeling out of myself sensation or spinning ) from the moment i begin to fall asleep. At some point there will be shift, what i call the shift is when it seems like the lights dim down and go out into a nothingness, everything goes 'off' for a few, sometimes it is a very short time, sometimes i have no sense of much time has gone by, but as i slowly reawaken from this shift i will become more aware than ever, and aware of being fully projected elsewhere, I still know that my body is in my bed, but my awareness is not focused on what my 3d body is doing i do not worry about my body. I am usually in another plane / world when my awareness comes back on like this. Most of the time there is a reason involved, or it is as if i am slotting into my higherselfs world, other times it is not like that and i am aware of just being aware on the 3d level.

Secondly, astral dreaming - in the beginning my consciousness seemed to relay me a few cues and still do, to let me know when a dream had shifted to an astral dream. This cue was a device/camera that i seemed to carry without fail, as if this device existed on my astral body. I have other things also like some weaponry that is associated with my soul/spirit. The cue would be me trying to record something with it, like take a picture or film and find that i couldn't get the device to work. I would experience a sort of morphing shift to my 'dream' environment the moment i tried to press the button and the shift was enough to say to me oh this isn't a dream, wake up. It's a wake up cue. Other cues were subtle ones like thinking there was a straight forward set of stairs or a ladder i would be on and then when climbing up and becoming hopelessly stuck or over sized or over weighted for the environment/props i was on. A little bit like Alice in wonderland. What you think is there is not really there, it's breaking the matrix coding type of wake up call. It took me ages to figure this out, but it happens when your perceptions haven't shifted yet. So there is no ladder or stairs i am climbing, and the the door way i am stuck in, isn't really a door way. And i am not really stuck. These are the things i have to tell myself to bring my perceptions into line, and if i can't then i have to accept that that the space i am trying orientate is to advanced for me. I lack the awareness to perceive it properly and the dream will go onto something else or i will wake up.

I detect very little difference really between this and lucid dreaming. Becoming lucid to me means you become aware of the level of consciousness and awareness you are in. I do know what people mean by the term lucid dreaming though, to me it's just another plane, a plane with rules that allows one to experience instant creation in a safe way. Perhaps like a simulation level where certain things can be practised or played out safely. It's still a form of projection to me though.

Thirdly, on the very rare occasions i have experienced something of a completely dif calibre, where i felt i was literally transported at a very high speeds with a very high energy with a specific purpose to transport my astra self to somewhere....but i believe that was not my own doing, i believe that was something else doing that for me beyond this world. I've had both good and bad experiences with that and it has nothing to do with anything you are doing or not doing with astral projection.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys..

I'd never experienced anything like an exit before yesterday. I have sure experienced the return to the body though. In most cases it has been quick, almost as though I was thrown back into my body... What's cool is I can finally relate you what ya'll are saying now because I have some experience to pin some understanding too..

I guess, to answer my own question of how to differentiate between the 3, I think I still can't say anything about Lucid dreaming, but holding awareness of these other levels is something I'm working on now..

I can relate to the clues of devices not working, light switches, radio's, the wheels of a bike changing size.. My bird in the Eye experience a few pages back was qued in by a record player that wasn't working properly.. these are all clues I've seen and remember. But also there's a general feel, a gut feel I get with certain portions of dreams that tells me the memory wasn't earthly... if that makes sense.. hmmmmmm, put it this way.. My first thoughts upon waking are always "What was I dreaming?" but if I've been off on an Astral experience my first thoughts are always "Wow that was so cool!" The difference in first thoughts between normal dream & Astral experience is one is questioned, the other sticks like a memory from another world.

The void between dreams or dimensions, Whitey calls it In-between, I call it the Liminal, is not always empty in my experience.. I can recall two occasions where I have slipped out of dreams and in-between dreams or dimensions to find either a vast area of backstage props, and in one case, characters from a previous experience? I guess though that I could actually be dreaming this in-between state as being populated?

Has anyone else ever encountered objects or people in the void between?

Thought this would be interesting for those at the right stage for it.

• Like 1

Professor T, I used to have the odd dream when young of being behind the props and seeking some one out to say some of the props needed fixing, could never find anybody..

Other times I'd always be in an old rambling house that flowed down a large hill and some parts of it were ancient castle like structures where old items like T.V's and odd electrical based items were shelved on dusty benches and shelves, one time even seeing a whole procession of 'toy sized' dinosaurs roaming about.

To the poster about past life dreamings (AP)

One dream walk showed me within the life prior to this one, in one small scene only...and another time was in a structure that was metalled framed with different levels where on one level I was entertained by a small party of folks dressed in various period styles and a Lady exclaimed to another that I was the person who was accidental killed by a falling boulder, the structure had no walls so blue skies was all around.

Another past life one was hiding under a house because someone was out to get me (hunters searching for a runaway slave) but I would always grow to large for the space and wake up...

Now a days most of my dream walks are about helping out in different places where folks are dying a lot or needing to move on to somewhere else...not really worth remembering about to me...

And of course, the school type of place, always go back there quite often...

• Like 1

I gave it a try, I was researching and I found various methods.

So I was laying on my bed and I tried to clear my mind from everything.

A few minutes later I tried to move my hand, not physically, mentally and I focused myself on that hand.

After I did it several times, the blackness of my eyes turned into some floating figures, they had no specific form, they were just moving around..

They were kind of purple. I started feeling different, no vibrations though.

I was just feeling impulses in my body, I waited to see if some vibrations would occur, but nothing happened, I tried to focus on my hand again, and then I felt a weird sensation and heavy breathing.. I freaked out a little, thus, I moved my body upwards. Then the session ended.

I think I was so close, but I screwed up by freaking out.

- What were those purple figures? Were they a part of my imagination?

- And those impulses in my body, was that a sign of progress?

- How can I practise my exit?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AlexT4G
  • Like 1

I gave it a try, I was researching and I found various methods.

So I was laying on my bed and I tried to clear my mind from everything.

A few minutes later I tried to move my hand, not physically, mentally and I focused myself on that hand.

After I did it several times, the blackness of my eyes turned into some floating figures, they had no specific form, they were just moving around..

They were kind of purple. I started feeling different, no vibrations though.

I was just feeling impulses in my body, I waited to see if some vibrations would occur, but nothing happened, I tried to focus on my hand again, and then I felt a weird sensation and heavy breathing.. I freaked out a little, thus, I moved my body upwards. Then the session ended.

I think I was so close, but I screwed up by freaking out.

- What were those purple figures? Were they a part of my imagination?

- And those impulses in my body, was that a sign of progress?

- How can I practise my exit?

Thanks in advance.

You will have to explain the "impulses" at bit better. The purple things are called neural discharge.

I think you are on your way, you are noticing things that have always been there for the first time. This alone is increasing your awareness. I think you should focus less and relax more.

• Like 1

You will have to explain the "impulses" at bit better. The purple things are called neural discharge.

I think you are on your way, you are noticing things that have always been there for the first time. This alone is increasing your awareness. I think you should focus less and relax more.

Yes, I agree.. I might've focused too much instead of completely relaxing my mind.

As for the impulses I feel in my body.. well, they don't hurt, but they're similar to the sensation I get, when I feel like I'm falling in my dreams. It's almost like someone "unplugs" me for a second.

Yup, the 'falling out of my body' thing used to be the way a lot of folk used to do OOB experiences, love that feeling, prefer it when Im falling from a long way off but sometimes, the feeling of slamming into the body is a bit too real, shocks the memory away almost.

• Like 1

Yup, the 'falling out of my body' thing used to be the way a lot of folk used to do OOB experiences, love that feeling, prefer it when Im falling from a long way off but sometimes, the feeling of slamming into the body is a bit too real, shocks the memory away almost.

I tried it again this morning, it was much better than the last time.

While relaxing, I felt my hands and feet tingling, and my body was getting lighter, then it almost felt like I was raising, but again..

I got so shocked, I woke up and jumped (the impulse sensation).

I really have to work on my exit and calm myself down..

Next time, I'll try the "climbing rope" technique.. I won't give up until I have an OOB experience.

• Like 1

So, this is what I perceive as a near OBE, not an Astral Event.. All through this I could feel smooth vibrations.. It was quite exhilarating..Does this sound like an important distinction between Astral v's OBE?

I know I've struggled to put Astral & OBE's into separate categories, even though Dreams, Astral, OBE's are all part of the same continuum. My perception of these experiences needs to be put into categories in order to separate one from the other even though there is no separation, just different levels of the same thing..

I like to try to catagorize things too but Ive found it isnt always simple as one can be and there can be cross over

1/ lucid dreaming

2/ out of body (I used the term astrally projected for this to)o

3/ both aware of being out of body and experiencing the astral as at the same time as lucid dreaming .. eg just like someone may be physical in real life but at the same time start to be "day dreaming" some.. so you experience two separate realities at once and have overlapping going on.

I believe the states take place in different energy bodies eg dreaming takes place in the mental energy body with one experiencing ones on thoughtforms and possibily others thoughtforms too (if there was any telepathic connection going on) where as I believe out of body experiences take place via the astral body (which the mental body is also linked to some).

Everyone I believe goes out of body during the night but most are asleep during this and a person who is lucid dreaming may be actually astrally standing or floating over their bed while they are lucid dreaming and manifesting their thoughtforms of the dream all around themselves and thinking they are elsewhere due to the LD.

Lucid dreaming doesnt affect our real world other then the thoughtforms it could put out, you cant interact with the physical world via dreaming whereas during out of body experiences you can.. you may go and see what someone in the physical world is truely doing etc. I once moved a physical object which was witnessed with astral energy, Ive found out real things...

I believe there is some difference in the states to so that someone who is used to having out of body experiences may find it hard to change to doing lucid dreaming and visa versa. People seem to do more easier one over the other depending on the individual, some seem more natural at lucid dreaming while others seem more natural at OBE.

Both out of body experiences and lucid dreaming need physical relaxation to be successful but from there things technique wise change.. there is a difference in the mental state!! (this is my own observation based on my experiences). For lucid dreaming one needs to let go of the mind, allowing it to drift and for the subconsciousness to start manifesting . This is something that you do not want if you want a real OBE which you can trust what you are experiencing is real and not just a dream. eg going into a dream state during an OBE will contaminate what you are seeing as your own subconsciousness will go and put in "extras' to what you are experiencing, the dream state can also affect what you are "feeling" about a situation too. Things can get tricky once the subconsciousness is playing out as strongly as your waking consciousness is which is what is happening during a LD.

I distinguish in several ways:

- sometimes it is a strong sense of just "knowing" Inner knowing something is real and its not a LD, it can also "feel" different.

- My OBEs seem to manifest completely differently to my LDs (thou recently I had a LD which manifested a little like one of my OBEs would with the way I got out of my body (I consciously summersaulted out of my body when I felt I was in the right state to do so) but I knew it was a LD due to things going on in it etc.

My OBES dont have that dream like quality to them where I can just manifest whatever I want and I struggle more in them (I seem to be very astrally dense), the environments are different too eg I dont tend to come across people when Im astral only on rare occassions where as in my LDs they usually have people etc etc. My OBE experiences start out in my bedroom usually etc.

I tend to get different sensations in my OBEs eg can be hard to walk at first, I may find myself floating up by ceiling when I first get out, .I often get the body loosening happening before I find myself fully out, vibrations .... I often before I go astral/out of body I'll experience myself changing frequency and experience things in the frequencies I pass throu before I get out of body eg astral parasite things attuned to certain dimensions, astral wind and other things often you hear people who astrally project speak about.

Anyway I do think it can be complicated at times to tell esp if one has astrally projected to a completely different astral plane to our own when LDs too at times can seem very real and when cross over some can at times be happening too and without a good sense of inner knowing.. on occassions one could be left to wonder esp if a person is like me and has very intense real like lucid dreams too. But with experience in both one can learn to tell (but I find I cant focus on both LDs and APs as it does take a different consciousness/brain state and I need to use different techniques if I want to an OBE to an LD eg I need to regularly energy raise daily for a couple of weeks if I want to do AP or I dont naturally do this. I also have to stop my LD focus of letting go and instead maintain a strong concentrated focus or otherwise I'd LD).

If I wanted to do OBE now as Ive been focused on LD and playing around and having fun with that for a while now, it would probably take me weeks to change back to doing OBEs so I didnt end up in the state im used to now doing where I aim for a certain state of letting my mind go. (I do WILD so go into a LD from an awake state with no break in my consciousness.. its like going fishing. I let my mind go and then keep reeling it back over and over .. till I let it go and suddenly Im in a LD or partly in one and then from there have to work to pull myself into the dream if I didnt instantly enter one fully).

I dont think it matters much which people are doing, it all depends on the persons aims and what they wish to do with it eg LD would be no good if you are wanting to watch someone! and if you want to play about with all kinds of stuff, an OBE state may not be a good state to mess around with entities in the state.. where as you can do what you wish to the dream characters in a LD as its only your own dream so you cant go and get yourself into BIG TROUBLE which can happen if you go poking into things you shouldnt when OBE eg I once got myself caught up in a ward during an OBE as I'd tried to go into someones space who was wiccian high priest and it was a protected space.. very unpleasant experience and maybe I wouldnt have got out of that likely if the ward (have I got the term right?) hadnt ended up sensing I didnt carry any ill intent etc. I'll NEVER do that again, I thought it was going to kill me. (very embarrassing situation due to me being naive back then.. I ended up having to appoligse to the person for my intrusion).

blu3 .. I got a question Ive been curious about. After our run in a while back when I said something you really disliked.. it was very quickly after that (a minute or two afterwards). I really thought I felt your energy reach out to me (It felt like a scan, Im sure someone scanned me and I could only relate it to what had just happened between us). I decided to allow it rather then energetically lashing out .. my ego wanted to do that on first feeling what I think may of been you.. haha it was having a" how dare she without consent moment" but I decided to not let a small thing bother me.. .. but then decided to stay away from this thread (not cause you bother me but cause I dislike disharmony and I'd let our disharmony get to me).

Would energy reach outs or scanning.. would you say that is an "astral event"? refering to the posters terms?

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 2

I had what I believe to have been an OBE about 25 years ago, at that time, I did not know what an OBE or astral projection was until after that experience when I explained this event to someone who was familiar with metaphysics and suggested that maybe that is what I experienced. Actually, I was trying to control my heartbeat, as it was beating very hard--not fast-- but hard enough that I could feel the bed move-- I do have and always had palpitations/ dysrhythmia, confirmed by recent EKG, luckily, not A-Fib, anyway, I thought I would try to control it with what I called bio-rhythm--not sure if that is correct term, but I concentrated hard to return my heartbeat to normal, maybe it was really meditation, don't know for sure, then what happened was I saw myself from third person view that I was at ceiling, at that point I got scared and immediately awoke, this was all within a very brief period-- less than a few minutes if that. My heartbeat did return to normal. I do question myself if this was real or a dream as I will always look for logical and tangible explanations, but I don't go to deep into thinking that hard about it, however, I noticed a couple years later I started to get unexplained scratches on my back-- mostly left shoulder area, I have been experiencing this on and off up to present day, Ironically I mentioned to my wife last week it's been a while since I had "a visit" this is what I call them and yesterday I noticed I had " a visit" My concern is did I bring something back? I don't believe it's a bad thing and looking back throughout my life I have had many unusual experiences and premonitions, I do believe in the power of synchronicity, and the strange thing is: I was not aware of the meaning of this word up until a few days ago-- I only knew it as an album by" the police", but my wife and I always talk about how things happen for a reason and I have a knack for seeing patterns and how all things are relative. In the last two weeks I have been immersing myself into knowledge, insight, mental and physical well being. Can somebody shed some light on this for me? I could go on and on , but will let it go at that. I will say this I don't think I would ever try to do that again.

I like to try to catagorize things too but Ive found it isnt always simple as one can be and there can be cross over

1/ lucid dreaming

2/ out of body (I used the term astrally projected for this to)o

3/ both aware of being out of body and experiencing the astral as at the same time as lucid dreaming .. eg just like someone may be physical in real life but at the same time start to be "day dreaming" some.. so you experience two separate realities at once and have overlapping going on.

Thanks.. that's very interesting, and very similar to what I've been experiencing..

The overlapping realities, overlapping experiences, overlapping perceptions of multiple experiences is something I've had a glimpse of lately.. It's a crazy thing when one tries to put words to a concept that is so foreign.. I recall one about a week ago, where I was hmmmmm, how does one word this, Operating at one level while perceiving and creating thoughts and forms at another level that were manifesting in my first level.. And to complicate matters, one level seemed like real time, while in the other level I was operating at double time and there was a perceivable delay between the two depending on which level I switched my focus to.. This goes far beyond the whole dream within a dream theme and is best described like two dreams running at the same time, both connected, yet both under the illusion of being independent of each other. My perceptions serving as a bridge..

Hi,

just some random question

Since I discover this forum and want to do OBE (and never worked for now) I'm making more lucid dreaming or dream that I can remember. But the problem when I'm doing "lucid dreaming" is that I know that I'm dreaming, but I can't control myself and sometimes my body just work in autopilot and doing strange things or I'm just stuck by fixing one point and just saying to myself "It's a dream, etc" but can't move and it's like that for hours (in the dream). lol. I know that I'm dreaming, but I can't say "dream disappear" and find myself "Out of Body".

Do you know why?

And it's happened a couple of time, but not this year yet, but why sometimes you are dreaming in 3rd person view?

Is it true that we are doing more than 1 dream per night? They are saying about 10 a night...

Hope you understand what I mean.

thx

Hi,

just some random question

Since I discover this forum and want to do OBE (and never worked for now) I'm making more lucid dreaming or dream that I can remember. But the problem when I'm doing "lucid dreaming" is that I know that I'm dreaming, but I can't control myself and sometimes my body just work in autopilot and doing strange things or I'm just stuck by fixing one point and just saying to myself "It's a dream, etc" but can't move and it's like that for hours (in the dream). lol. I know that I'm dreaming, but I can't say "dream disappear" and find myself "Out of Body".

Do you know why?

And it's happened a couple of time, but not this year yet, but why sometimes you are dreaming in 3rd person view?

Is it true that we are doing more than 1 dream per night? They are saying about 10 a night...

Hope you understand what I mean.

thx

Yes there many drams at night. I think consciousness never really shuts off. Possibly under heavy anistisa.

When you are trying to get control of yourself the act of trying is counter productive. In though realms sponsoring intentions are what make your reality. If you are trying very hard to do something it's because your sponsoring attitude toword I is something you can't do.... Otherwise why would you be trying hard. The environment will moirror back your sponsoring reality. It may be easier said than done, but really how you overcome this is to not try and over come it. You simply do it. If you try you will fail, but if you just do it like opening your mouth when bringing a bite of food up it will happen. This is nearly impossible to master unless you have spent some time in empty mind meditations. With practice, you can perform actions that you intend to but with a clear and controlled mind while doing it as to not generate the opposite reality.

blu3 .. I got a question Ive been curious about. After our run in a while back when I said something you really disliked.. it was very quickly after that (a minute or two afterwards). I really thought I felt your energy reach out to me (It felt like a scan, Im sure someone scanned me and I could only relate it to what had just happened between us). I decided to allow it rather then energetically lashing out .. my ego wanted to do that on first feeling what I think may of been you.. haha it was having a" how dare she without consent moment" but I decided to not let a small thing bother me.. .. but then decided to stay away from this thread (not cause you bother me but cause I dislike disharmony and I'd let our disharmony get to me).

Would energy reach outs or scanning.. would you say that is an "astral event"? refering to the posters terms?

Interesting you brought this up. Yes i did feel things energetically at the time.

Similarly I felt you or something project /envelope into my field after you posted at the same time. It felt invasive to me and similarly to you i did not lash out, even though it felt like I was being lashed. I will take your word you didn't, since you say you didn't. But what I did do was pull in my higherself and ask for a scanning to check for anything that had jumped ship so to speak. It's an automatic response and the scanning, if it was me you were feeling, is done to clear and remove any external factors like negatives / entities / spirits using the or facilitating the connection to create harm. From my higher self perspective it is about clearing and securing the fields, not just of me but of you too in this case. That is how my higherself works incase there is any concern or doubt over my intentions. There is no malevolent or attacking intention from me, it is not how i operate.

What did you sense and feel on your end when the scanning was being done ?

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I have been attempting to astral project for around a month now, i have been practising everyday but with no great results.

I don't use the traditional technique of attempting it in the morning or waking up during the night.

I use meditation to achieve a state of vibration and paralysis, i can achieve this without fail but its the actual exit that is hard for me.

When in a state of intense vibration I have attempted to move my astral body out of my physical body, every time i try this i just end up moving my physical body.

I could really use some tips from somebody who induces this state using meditation, most of the posts about AP are relating to achieving it when just waking up and i feel

that if i can achieve it through meditation i should just stick to what i am capable of.

Also, i might add that i get really distracted by my hands cramping up during this process and it can be quite frustrating because my focus then moves on to the feeling in my hands.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I have been attempting to astral project for around a month now, i have been practising everyday but with no great results.

I don't use the traditional technique of attempting it in the morning or waking up during the night.

I use meditation to achieve a state of vibration and paralysis, i can achieve this without fail but its the actual exit that is hard for me.

When in a state of intense vibration I have attempted to move my astral body out of my physical body, every time i try this i just end up moving my physical body.

I could really use some tips from somebody who induces this state using meditation, most of the posts about AP are relating to achieving it when just waking up and i feel

that if i can achieve it through meditation i should just stick to what i am capable of.

Also, i might add that i get really distracted by my hands cramping up during this process and it can be quite frustrating because my focus then moves on to the feeling in my hands.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

To be honest that's how I started off.. and to be honest the advice given numerous times in this thread about attempting to Ap in the mornings and not the evenings is the only thing that has worked for me so far.. Start by setting the alarm to go off after 4 hours sleep.. A week of that, then you might find you don't need the alarm anymore, and if you really master your intention you can program yourself to wake after every single dream and experience so you forget nothing..

Edit to add: Your hands should be rested.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

To be honest that's how I started off.. and to be honest the advice given numerous times in this thread about attempting to Ap in the mornings and not the evenings is the only thing that has worked for me so far.. Start by setting the alarm to go off after 4 hours sleep.. A week of that, then you might find you don't need the alarm anymore, and if you really master your intention you can program yourself to wake after every single dream and experience so you forget nothing..

Edit to add: Your hands should be rested.

I feel like I am so close doing it the way I do it though! Especially after last nights attempt, the vibration got so intense that I was starting to feel like I wasn't in my body at all, it consumed me like I have never felt before. Easily the most intense feeling I have ever felt in my entire life. My face was physically vibrating!

But, considering everybody says to try it in the mornings I will try.

Also, I was just wondering.. How real is the astral plane? Is it more real than this reality? And can you use all your senses or more?

You are so lucky to reach vibration state. Me It doesnt work. I'm very relaxed, but dont know if the fact that sometimes, I have to swallow my saliva...

but do you think if everyone have a guide? Because I never saw mine and I try very hard to reach him. I have a lot of questions to ask to my guide. :(

How many weeks or months it take for a beginner to have his first OBE?

Edited by Nic727

You are so lucky to reach vibration state. Me It doesnt work. I'm very relaxed, but dont know if the fact that sometimes, I have to swallow my saliva...

but do you think if everyone have a guide? Because I never saw mine and I try very hard to reach him. I have a lot of questions to ask to my guide. :(

How many weeks or months it take for a beginner to have his first OBE?

It's taken me 2 years.. and even now I know I'm not even scratching the tip of the iceberg, and still have a very long way to go toward having what I would call a proper OBE, and not just an astral experience..

Like any new skill, It takes a lot of mistakes and practice and getting the basics right.. But don't let my or anyone elses experiences dampen yours.. Some folk just slip into it naturally after a few weeks or months, others, like me, struggle.. It is worth the effort...

I recall some occasions where swallowing my saliva turned into something of a weird spiritual experience if that makes sense.. It took all of my attention and effort to swallow, and as a result it was as though my awareness had moved from me to my saliva so, in essence, I was swallowing my conscious self, which is quite a sickening experience..

I've found that relaxing isn't enough.. You need to shift your awareness, channel it, learn to control it.. Sometimes I'm able to do this, but more often than not I blunder my way though..

Edited by Professor T

It's taken me 2 years.. and even now I know I'm not even scratching the tip of the iceberg, and still have a very long way to go toward having what I would call a proper OBE, and not just an astral experience..

Like any new skill, It takes a lot of mistakes and practice and getting the basics right.. But don't let my or anyone elses experiences dampen yours.. Some folk just slip into it naturally after a few weeks or months, others, like me, struggle.. It is worth the effort...

I recall some occasions where swallowing my saliva turned into something of a weird spiritual experience if that makes sense.. It took all of my attention and effort to swallow, and as a result it was as though my awareness had moved from me to my saliva so, in essence, I was swallowing my conscious self, which is quite a sickening experience..

I've found that relaxing isn't enough.. You need to shift your awareness, channel it, learn to control it.. Sometimes I'm able to do this, but more often than not I blunder my way though..

Thx very much

I read somewhere that some people are able to make AP/OBE when they want without difficulties. Maybe they are special?

Whatever, I will try my best to have my first OBE!

whats the difference between AP and OBE?

Thx very much

I read somewhere that some people are able to make AP/OBE when they want without difficulties. Maybe they are special?

Whatever, I will try my best to have my first OBE!

whats the difference between AP and OBE?

I don't think they're special.. They're just more determined, and have a better grasp of the fundamentals and basics like basic intention and seeing it through to the end.. IMO all of it is learned... not given.. and learning takes effort, determination, and above all else I think it takes a series of realizations that the fundamental things we think we know aren't truths at all.. in other words it's an awakening of sorts.. We have barriers to cross in order to get to the goal, these barriers are Laziness, Ego, Doubt, fear to name just a few. Sometimes just maintaining a positive attitude is enough to tip you in the right direction, sometimes it takes a nudge..

I asked the same question about the difference between AP & OBE on page 77 of this thread... Have a read..

So guys the other day i woke up from a deep sleep, and i noticed that i saw these 2 huge blobs of light hovering over my bed. It wasn't car lights because they were to big and my blinds were closed. My door was also shut so no external lights from the bathroom were present. The weird part is i actually saw them move a couple inches and both were blue in color before they disappeared. When i was watching these lights my first thought were Astral Entities manifesting in the form of lights in the real world. Since after all i just woke up from a Lucid Dream. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked