Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I'm still going astral quite regularly.. at least 2 or sometimes 3 times a week now..

wow you are a master! Me its 0 time a year... :(

Hmmm yeah well it's better than eating my hat I guess.

i think the same lol

You are so lucky to reach vibration state. Me It doesnt work. I'm very relaxed, but dont know if the fact that sometimes, I have to swallow my saliva...

but do you think if everyone have a guide? Because I never saw mine and I try very hard to reach him. I have a lot of questions to ask to my guide. :(

How many weeks or months it take for a beginner to have his first OBE?

Stop "trying." At bedtime, just remind yourself gently that "you would like to try out-of-body AND remember it." For sure, you are out of body a lot. Everybody does.

Hi,

just some random question

Since I discover this forum and want to do OBE (and never worked for now) I'm making more lucid dreaming or dream that I can remember. But the problem when I'm doing "lucid dreaming" is that I know that I'm dreaming, but I can't control myself and sometimes my body just work in autopilot and doing strange things or I'm just stuck by fixing one point and just saying to myself "It's a dream, etc" but can't move and it's like that for hours (in the dream). lol. I know that I'm dreaming, but I can't say "dream disappear" and find myself "Out of Body".

Do you know why?

And it's happened a couple of time, but not this year yet, but why sometimes you are dreaming in 3rd person view?

Is it true that we are doing more than 1 dream per night? They are saying about 10 a night...

Hope you understand what I mean.

thx

Truth is... you are dreaming NOW. This "awake" consciousness is a very tiny sliver of a much greater Reality. You are in no way, less informed, or less experienced than anyone contributing to this forum. Not all people are aware of their innate connection to the ethereal realms. That's OK. You are who you wanted to be. You can expand your conscious participation in these other realms by GENTLY setting aside your analytic mind. Become aware of the symbolic images bubbling up from your unconscious, when you're in a near-sleep condition. This helps to integrate consciousness and "unconsciousness." These are only silly words. Shut them out. Close your eyes. Close your ears. Shut off your senses. Now, that's YOU! Love.
  • Like 1

i go to the buzzing bit but thought i had to wait longer for it to be stronger but it got weaker and then stopped. i wish i moved now lol

i got to the buzzing bit or what feels like tingly weird waves washing through my body but i can still move with normal body, is that normal? i feel like im not going to progress as i keep hitting this point. how long do you wait after the buzzing starts? if you wait to long do you miss your moment?

i got to the buzzing bit or what feels like tingly weird waves washing through my body but i can still move with normal body, is that normal? i feel like im not going to progress as i keep hitting this point. how long do you wait after the buzzing starts? if you wait to long do you miss your moment?

Instead of "observing" the buzzing waves... try to "place" yourself within the buzzing waves, pushing gently, while turning off your analytical observation. The out-of-body condition is a completely natural and normal part of corporeal existence. Try giving yourself the suggestion to "remember" the out-of-body events that occur naturally during your sleep. Read Robert Monroe and Hereward Carrington. For sure; don't "try", just embrace the potential and make suggestion to the conscious mind that you remember these events.

Instead of "observing" the buzzing waves... try to "place" yourself within the buzzing waves, pushing gently, while turning off your analytical observation. The out-of-body condition is a completely natural and normal part of corporeal existence. Try giving yourself the suggestion to "remember" the out-of-body events that occur naturally during your sleep. Read Robert Monroe and Hereward Carrington. For sure; don't "try", just embrace the potential and make suggestion to the conscious mind that you remember these events.

interesting i will try this, so i should try become the energy instead of observe it.

wow you are a master! Me its 0 time a year... :(

Am hardly a master.. Like you I am very new to this..

Truth is... you are dreaming NOW. This "awake" consciousness is a very tiny sliver of a much greater Reality. You are in no way, less informed, or less experienced than anyone contributing to this forum. Not all people are aware of their innate connection to the ethereal realms. That's OK. You are who you wanted to be. You can expand your conscious participation in these other realms by GENTLY setting aside your analytic mind. Become aware of the symbolic images bubbling up from your unconscious, when you're in a near-sleep condition. This helps to integrate consciousness and "unconsciousness." These are only silly words. Shut them out. Close your eyes. Close your ears. Shut off your senses. Now, that's YOU! Love.

I get this.. Well, today I get it thanks to still being in an unusual state of consciousness that I'm calling an Astral hangover.. Tomorrow I possibly won't get it.. My level(s) of consciousness have been all over the place lately..

I have a question. Is there any special food diet to help have easier OBE or lucid dreaming? :-*

I have a question. Is there any special food diet to help have easier OBE or lucid dreaming? :-*

Yep..

http://www.unexplain...2&hl= diet&st=0

Personally I found that a diet of chicken helped me with dream recall, but only to kickstart my dream recall.. There's plenty one can do to kickstart dream recall, though Diet, for me anyway, was only a beginning.. Personally i've found that it all comes down to how much conscious effort you put into it. Diet helps to start with, but is only a small fraction of the recipe.. The rest comes down to consciousness, understanding it in yourself, and learning to master your own perceptions..

I'm no expert, but it appears that 90% of OBE's and Lucid dreaming come from how you live your life though out the day, Diet isn't the main ingredient..

Edit to add: I soon got sick of chicken........... Everything kind of took off from then on which is kinda weird.. Either way, it was a start.. Dream recall is the foot in the door..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Anyone that I can PM about this? I am 16 and interested in this but I am a very cautious person and afraid at the same time.

Anyone that I can PM about this? I am 16 and interested in this but I am a very cautious person and afraid at the same time.

You are welcome to pm me. And you should always be cautious when going into something new. It's a healthy habit.

Just to note though, being 16, there is plenty of time for this kind of exploration. You should not spend to much time worrying about it unless you are haveing a pressing altered state problem. Either way ill help if I can. :)

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

Hi I'm interested in trying Astral projection, I want to experience it and see different things and see the beauty of this world and other planes and evolve spiritually, also (if this is possible) speak to my friendly that died of cancer a few years ago and my Nan.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share? What can I do in this state?

Look forward to hearing back from people, thanks

Hi I'm interested in trying Astral projection, I want to experience it and see different things and see the beauty of this world and other planes and evolve spiritually, also (if this is possible) speak to my friendly that died of cancer a few years ago and my Nan.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share? What can I do in this state?

Look forward to hearing back from people, thanks

You should start by reading the thread from start to finish. One step at a time. You can speak to your friend... It just takes more work than most are ready for.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I did astral project again last night. As I have reported before I had tried astral projection plenty of times with no success and for a long while had not tried it at all. I did successfully astral project twice in one night back in may. On that date I was not thinking about it at all but as I was laying down I felt some energy on my back and I suddenly felt the urge to try it and it worked.

Now last night I was at my moms house because we were leaving together early in the morning to go on a road trip. I couldn't sleep for some reason and was feeling uncomfortable. For some reason I felt I would be able to astral project that night so I tried it. I didn't know how I would do it. I tried just to come out through my head but that didn't work. But then suddenly this cord was coming through my head and lifting up rapidly. I was able to hold on to it as it elevated and exited that way. It was like holding on to a balloon string and I was taken high in to the sky. Then I plummeted. I kept falling and falling and falling but I wasn't afraid. I also saw a scary looking monster which was contrived of swirling snakes. It was subtle energy and not vivid and I wasn't afraid of that either. I did feel the rumbling but it occurred as footsteps. So it wasn't a solid rumbling but more had pauses between them. It really was as if a very large being was walking and shaking the ground with each step. I don't remember the exact order of everything and I did fall asleep as apposed to entering cognitively back into my body and coming out of it. Also, a part of my experience was opening my eyes and being in my own room at home. This part was the most vivid and clear and seemed real. But of course I wasn't really at home, I was at my moms house on the couch.

Edited by SpiritWriter

This seems to be a very advanced topic, probably the best on UM, but very long to read. I have 2 questions here for anyone who feels they can give me a competent and professional answer.

1. What's the difference between AP and LD? Well, I actually opened a topic on this years ago, never really got anywhere with it. I've been aware of both for many years, and have studied induction methods in depth for both, which was also years ago, and have put down this for a while now, but I'm pretty sure I came to the conclusion that the methods are basically the same for both. And it is a legitimate question, how do you know you are not lucid dreaming, I mean when you LD, you're still aware, and you have so much control, although that's another good question, how much control can you have in LD? Also, I'd be interested to know a method that works for inducing LD but is guaranteed not to work for AP, and vica versa. And is there a reality check test while you're in them that can tell you without fail which one you're experiencing?

2. This is related to the first, namely, if AP is your awareness leaving your body (which is exactly what LD is) while experiencing objective reality (which is supposed to distinguish it from LD), then how come the existence of the soul is not science fact? Can't they do a test where you AP to the other side of the world or into a locked room and tell the scientist the number on the card? I've heard of many NDEs where the patients can quote word by word the conversations that doctors had in rooms far away from the operation room. Similarly remote viewing has had some convincing cases, isn't that AP in a way, aren't all of these the same thing? Getting more and more confused here, so I'll stop here and let an (or more) expert(s) crack on and sort this out for me. Many thanks.

• Like 1

This seems to be a very advanced topic, probably the best on UM, but very long to read. I have 2 questions here for anyone who feels they can give me a competent and professional answer.

1. What's the difference between AP and LD? Well, I actually opened a topic on this years ago, never really got anywhere with it. I've been aware of both for many years, and have studied induction methods in depth for both, which was also years ago, and have put down this for a while now, but I'm pretty sure I came to the conclusion that the methods are basically the same for both. And it is a legitimate question, how do you know you are not lucid dreaming, I mean when you LD, you're still aware, and you have so much control, although that's another good question, how much control can you have in LD? Also, I'd be interested to know a method that works for inducing LD but is guaranteed not to work for AP, and vica versa. And is there a reality check test while you're in them that can tell you without fail which one you're experiencing?

2. This is related to the first, namely, if AP is your awareness leaving your body (which is exactly what LD is) while experiencing objective reality (which is supposed to distinguish it from LD), then how come the existence of the soul is not science fact? Can't they do a test where you AP to the other side of the world or into a locked room and tell the scientist the number on the card? I've heard of many NDEs where the patients can quote word by word the conversations that doctors had in rooms far away from the operation room. Similarly remote viewing has had some convincing cases, isn't that AP in a way, aren't all of these the same thing? Getting more and more confused here, so I'll stop here and let an (or more) expert(s) crack on and sort this out for me. Many thanks.

The problem rolcii is that you are looking for black and white answers where there are non. Trying to sift through labels is an endless quest. One cannot even prove to themselves if their wakeing life is dreaming or not. Then if one truely wants to cartagirize, catalog and file, one is going to have do so for themselves. The subjective experiences of others is not something to rely on for personal truths. We have other institutions for that :) we cannot really even determin what dreaming is all about. Lots of people thing they can however.

Let me know how I can help.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I'm new to this forum and I've been reading some of this long discussion and I have two questions.

1) I can feel minor vibrations but I have no idea what to do from here. And also should my heart be beating really fast?!

2) how do I know when to try and exit? In what stage of the vibrations is it time to try and separate my self from my physical body?

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm new to this forum and I've been reading some of this long discussion and I have two questions.

1) I can feel minor vibrations but I have no idea what to do from here. And also should my heart be beating really fast?!

2) how do I know when to try and exit? In what stage of the vibrations is it time to try and separate my self from my physical body?

Hi Rhramz, Welcome to UM..

I don't think I can safely answer your Questions, as I've never made an exit from that fully conscious point, though I have come very close before.

Personally though, I'd wait for these minor vibrations to become major vibrations and roaring noises ect.. before trying an exit.. play around with it, experiment to find that sweet spot, as I am sure everyone is different..

I can relate to the "heart beating real fast" experience. I've had that on multiple occasions. At first I thought it was a fear response, but after a few experiences I've come to consider it an automatic response, still, possibly a fear response, but more like a "holly molly this stuff is real!" kind of response bordering excitement & trepidation, as though it is my body's natural response to hitting a peak level of consciousness that it just isn't used to. But once again, bare in mind that is only my experience and my interpretation of it. some of the hardest lessons to learn in all of this is trusting your own judgements and experiences, measuring success and failure against your self and not others.

• Like 1

Rhramz, I agree with Prof T, wait for the vibrations to be loud. Amazingly loud. For me, there isn't a word that can describe just how loud the noise is. It drowns out every external sound. My only comparison(for myself, others may describe it a little differently) is that it sounds like I'm standing right beside 1000 waterfalls.

Yes, common for the heart to be racing. For me, it happens when I get close, I'll start seeing neural discharges, vibrations are ramping up, etc, then I have that feeling of "I'm almost there" and my heart rate goes bananas. I've found that it helps to repeat a mantra or focus on breathing while also focusing on the vibrations. This helps take your mind off the heartbeat, and also has a calming effect.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

1) yes the heart raceing is very common though I have never experienced it myself.

2) you can attempt an exit just about anytime at that point. If you relax an wait they may intensify with extremely loud noise.

You can also learn to control them and make them pulse. Pulsing vibrations can be made to intensify and you can get it to make you pop right out your crown chakra. Funny enough you will hear a loud pop.

If you wait to long they will go away or they will completely envelope you. If this happens you will be asleep, but you probably will have a very interesting dream.

It seems you are doing well, here is where diligence and patience pays off.

Good luck. Let us know how we can help.

Edited by White Crane Feather

• 2 weeks later...

It has definitely been awhile since I was last in this thread. I just got around to reading things again after I had a rather startling synchronicity event happened yesterday. I'll begin from the beginning, of course. Just trying to get some insight on possibly what this could mean to someone more experienced. I'm familiar with white crane, professor and blue, but anyone feel free to input.

Probably a little over a year ago I started getting into this whole area of thinking about spirituality outside of religions, dimensions, realities, guides, entities, meditation etc. I began writing in my dream journal and reading any and everything I could. I would try AP just about anytime I had longer than an hour of free time. Meditation was more so what came out of it. I did have a number of interesting experiences but no real major breakthroughs or obe. This leads me to here, one of the very first dreams I recorded into my journal was one that shifted into a different setting. I don't remember the first segment but I remember going to sleep thinking of some picture I saw of facebook overemphasizing the "super moon" that was near an older clock tower almost gothic style building. (refer to attached picture-not exact picture) Now, onto the dream, I remember that i even posted the exact dream I am talking about, mixed in with a few other details of that time before in this thread. here is the post.

"I remembered having a short little episode pertaining to my work (theme of recent dreams) and skipping back and forth to this ODD library. I have been trying to contact/set up a meeting with spirit guides for the past week. Anyways, when the dream would switch to the library which resided in some old clock tower, there was this short little man, probably 5'5", gray/white hair, black rimmed glasses, resembled woody allen almost, super nice, all I remember him saying is something along the lines of, "It's been awhile since we met"/"I haven't seen this in awhile," while he was holding a painting. (Tried drawing the picture in my dream journal, had no idea what it was)At that point I woke back up. Continued with my day. A friend of mine and I had agreed to go to this guided meditation class, or what we thought, turned out being more about Buddhism and dharma. During the meditation part however is where things get interesting. I notice this black and white almost as if a spotlight was in the center of my vision but not as clear as a spotlight more faded, but in the white circle was what appeared to be a man sitting in an office chair rocking back and forth while spinning, he had no face, it was a silhouette yet I could just tell they were smiling at me. at one point my right ear popped, sounded inside my head, but thought it was just my friend getting comfortable next to me, as well as ive had terrible ear problems on the right, had 4 sets of tubes when i was a baby, then it happened on the left side. THEN the black silhouette appeared full size in my face, could only see his black silhouette of a face down to top of shoulder, all while in the background it was as if a paper copier laser was going back and forth across my vision with bright light.

Also, the picture that the librarian was holding was actually on the cover of the meditation class I went to. Happened to be the 8 fold paths, with the white lotus not just being in the center but extended its leaves between each path of the wheel."

I remember plain as day in the dream he said when he noticed me in the library with him, "Hey how are you doing, It's been awhile since I've seen you." I know that happened 100% without a doubt.

Here is where things get interesting. Shortly after that happened with the dharma pamplet and the little old man in the clock tower happened, I noticed this little old man started attending my gym. He would always come in like 10-20 minutes after I would and I just felt like I knew the guy. Super friendly, even from the first day I saw him we smiled at each other, never spoke though, at least not more than a "hey" passing by. What I thought was peculiar about this old man was the fact that he always, ALWAYS wore blue shorts and a black tshirt with some kind of spiritual/metaphysic message on it. ex, pink floyds triangle glass that splits the light, or another classic rock shirt that has the angels kind of lifting out of the body. Kind of looks like an AP tbh. Things like that though, every time. I began speaking to one of my friends and we kind of just laughed it off as him being a guide and that I should talk to him, but I never did. He still attends my gym, and after a rather busy time with school and work and restoring my truck, I haven't made it to the gym as much as I used to be able to. But I did make it there yesterday between classes and I saw him again. I used to get excited when I saw him, he's just this happy little man and for being as old as he looks, he is in rather good physical condition. Back on topic though, yesterday after I saw him, I was getting ready to leave so I was heading into the locker room for a shower when it happened. There he was, dead ahead of me and as I got closer he looked up and said it, "HEY, (really excited) how are you?! It's been awhile since I've seen you." IMMEDIATELY, I knew exactly who the old man in the clock tower was, I was never able to pinpoint an exact look until that moment. The voice, facial expression, stance, EVERYTHING was the same except he didn't hand me anything this time. IMMEDIATELY though, I pictured (it almost overlayed) the dream onto his body to confirm it for me and I thought of that dream I had over a year ago.

I will admit I haven't put in the amount of practice I used to and maybe that's what this is about, but it's definitely making me want to again to further my journey.

• Like 1

Hi WhiteRobe, I think I know what you mean about it making you want to further your journey.. I've had lulls too, where I seldom mediate, or where dreams become vague and I tend to loose interest in the spiritual or metaphysical nature of life............ then along comes some freaky-deaky event that peels your eyes back open as if to say "hey, check it out, there's still so much you can know." personally I don't think I would go so far as to say it "makes" you want to further the journey.. It might be more like a case of being gifted the energy needed to carry on with it, or reminded that we only perceive the tip of the iceberg. these kinds of reminders or realizations are invigorating.

I'm in the middle of a lull myself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

last night I felt the energy on my back again and I knew that I would astral travel if I allowed myself to, but instead of projecting out and going somewhere my astral body turned around (I was laying on my stomach) and I saw the entity that was trying to get into my body and I fought it. We wrestled and in the end I finally stared him down, looking deep into his eyes letting him know I wasn’t afraid of it. I saw his face clearly. He was a hooded figure, so I could only see his face through the flaps of his hood. We were forehead to forehead. He had a combination robot/alien type of face. His eyes were round and large and seemed mechanical. He left and for the remainder of the night I felt like a house and he was on the outside of my house, circling it, knocking on all the walls to see if he could get in. I slept fine knowing that my house was secure and he couldn’t get in.

I also woke with pain again like last time. This time with pain in my neck and lower back.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked