Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

last night I felt the energy on my back again and I knew that I would astral travel if I allowed myself to, but instead of projecting out and going somewhere my astral body turned around (I was laying on my stomach) and I saw the entity that was trying to get into my body and I fought it. We wrestled and in the end I finally stared him down, looking deep into his eyes letting him know I wasn’t afraid of it. I saw his face clearly. He was a hooded figure, so I could only see his face through the flaps of his hood. We were forehead to forehead. He had a combination robot/alien type of face. His eyes were round and large and seemed mechanical. He left and for the remainder of the night I felt like a house and he was on the outside of my house, circling it, knocking on all the walls to see if he could get in. I slept fine knowing that my house was secure and he couldn’t get in.

I also woke with pain again like last time. This time with pain in my neck and lower back.

Aaaaaaa yes. I once grabbed his face and screamed at him. His face is s bit stretchy like rubber.

I havent been able to project since last winter. It certainly hasnt been from a lack in trying. At this point I almost feel like it was a tease, leading to a crewl joke that I cant experiance it again. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

From my experience there are 2 vibration stages. The first is the sensation of sleep paralysis kicking in. After each part of the body feels tingly numb, the next phase is a more intense one that just starts building up out of nowhere. It is here that I have the problem exiting, I feel like I am floating but I cannot see...and when I can see its just my physical eyes opening even though I did not try to open them, they just opened on their own.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be odd to say but I can more relate to how I take steps to avoid astral traveling; meaning it happens more than I want it to. I suppose that is more the problem, of not having control in some way. In a general sense of what I did do in order to reduce these episodes was to sleep in an east west direction. For whatever reason I had much more activity sleeping north and south. Magnetic poles perhaps? Next, I was in a very relaxed physical and mental state. Not tired, relaxed. The area you select should be comfortable and quiet, like your bedroom. If possible, have a friend there with you. Explain to them that you need them to quietly stand attention by making certain you are not disturbed. Nothing is more unsettling than to be suddenly shaken from this state by any means. You will come out of it just fine, just try to avoid the disruptive sounds, etc. while traveling. Once I heard someone make the statement "What if there is an emergency and I don't return in time?" That's my point.

I would lay on my back in loose fitting clothing and relax every part of my body and allow it to fall through the bed. Concentrating on areas of your body systematically [from head to toes perhaps] can make it more thorough. What I have described is just the environment you should be in in order to be successful. Beyond that I cannot explain why I have to fight it and others strive to do it. I believe it began shortly after nearly loosing my life from a traumatic injury, and it hasn't stopped since then. That was 45 years ago. Maybe someday I will be able to experiment when I can find that peaceful place and relax. My life right now is chaotic but in a pleasing way; I have my adult kids around often.

By time you respond I may have a few more notes. Hope this helped.

Hi,

how many times does it take to reach the vibration state?

Can I only astral travel when sleeping on my back like that?

670px-Perform-Astral-Projection-Step-3.jpg

Because this position is not really confortable for me for a long period of time. I prefer sleeping on the side or on the front. I can sleep no-matter how, but I prefer other position than on my back.

• 2 weeks later...

I just woke up, and had a weird dream so i decided to look it up, it turns out i been astral projecting for many many years and just figured it out, sometimes they are good and very rarely they turn out bad, like tonight.

I have dreams all the time and I love to sleep and dream. When I am relaxed and have a good day, and meditate and go to bed happy. I have these astral experiences, that are excellent, I always get a feeling like my entire body is tingling slowly and then my entire body is tingling and i float up and out.

When I am stressed and not relaxed before bed, like tonight, its like my body has a harder time going, or my concienseness or whatever.

Tonight, I felt that tingling sensation become strong and then i came out of my body slowly to my left, I got up stood up looked at myself, and i knew what was happening, i knew i was dreaming and i was looking at my own body. I guess the first thing I thought about was if my mother and father would be there, I ran over to their room, and it was empty.

It was really dark and every time I would turn a light on, the other would turn off. I became frustrated in my dream, and walked over to the restroom becuase I wanted to look at myself in the mirror, and the light in the restroom would absolutely not go on, and then when I tried to push the door all the way open I felt like something was behind it, so I started trying to kick it open, and then I heard a voice from behind the door, and the I was in a little fight for a moment over the door, my arm almost got smashed between the door and the frame. This scared me and when I walked back to my room there were two people there that seemed not threatening so I did not mind and I jumped into my bed, and forced myself to wake up which felt like I was really fighting to become awake again.

I just woke up, and had a weird dream so i decided to look it up, it turns out i been astral projecting for many many years and just figured it out, sometimes they are good and very rarely they turn out bad, like tonight.

I have dreams all the time and I love to sleep and dream. When I am relaxed and have a good day, and meditate and go to bed happy. I have these astral experiences, that are excellent, I always get a feeling like my entire body is tingling slowly and then my entire body is tingling and i float up and out.

When I am stressed and not relaxed before bed, like tonight, its like my body has a harder time going, or my concienseness or whatever.

Tonight, I felt that tingling sensation become strong and then i came out of my body slowly to my left, I got up stood up looked at myself, and i knew what was happening, i knew i was dreaming and i was looking at my own body. I guess the first thing I thought about was if my mother and father would be there, I ran over to their room, and it was empty.

It was really dark and every time I would turn a light on, the other would turn off. I became frustrated in my dream, and walked over to the restroom becuase I wanted to look at myself in the mirror, and the light in the restroom would absolutely not go on, and then when I tried to push the door all the way open I felt like something was behind it, so I started trying to kick it open, and then I heard a voice from behind the door, and the I was in a little fight for a moment over the door, my arm almost got smashed between the door and the frame. This scared me and when I walked back to my room there were two people there that seemed not threatening so I did not mind and I jumped into my bed, and forced myself to wake up which felt like I was really fighting to become awake again.

Maybe you were not ready for the mirror yet. Facing yourself in an altered state of conciousness can be harrowing. It seems somone was looking out for you? :innocent:

Edited by White Crane Feather

Hi,

how many times does it take to reach the vibration state?

Can I only astral travel when sleeping on my back like that?

670px-Perform-Astral-Projection-Step-3.jpg

Because this position is not really confortable for me for a long period of time. I prefer sleeping on the side or on the front. I can sleep no-matter how, but I prefer other position than on my back.

Ive actually gotten out when I was laying on my side. It was a pretty cool experience. I felt the vib when I woke up. But it was really weak though so I didn't think Id be able to get out. So I gave up trying to make the vib stronger, and just got up. I was walking out of the bed room when I got a really strange feeling like I should turn around. When I did, I'll be damned there I was laying in the bed. What was really strange is my son was laying in the bed next to me. Problem with that is he wasn't even home with me at the time.

Anyhow, from what I understand, you can get out from any position, so long as you are comfortable.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

Ive actually gotten out when I was laying on my side. It was a pretty cool experience. I felt the vib when I woke up. But it was really weak though so I didn't think Id be able to get out. So I gave up trying to make the vib stronger, and just got up. I was walking out of the bed room when I got a really strange feeling like I should turn around. When I did, I'll be damned there I was laying in the bed. What was really strange is my son was laying in the bed next to me. Problem with that is he wasn't even home with me at the time.

Anyhow, from what I understand, you can get out from any position, so long as you are comfortable.

My kids do that to. :)

My kids do that to. :)

Crazy right? I didn't think of it at the time, but I wish I would have called to see if he was sleeping. What a awesome confirmation that would have been.

WOW. Just wanted to pop back in here after 3 years and say THANK YOU SEEKER79 aka White Crane Feather. Is Blu3 still around? You guys are awesome. Im gonna get back into AP and this thread is THE best source of AP info anywhere. I suggest anyone posting on it to read the whole thing! Im starting my re-reading now. :)

• Like 2

Alrighty, day 2 back at it. I went for it last night and got to the vibrations pretty easily. My only problem is that when i get there my heart starts racing and my breathing changes. Otherwise i think i would be out. Any advice for this? Its probably just something i need to practice through.

First 'out of body experience' after 4 days of trying. Around 3am this morning I had my first 'OBE'. I say 'OBE' hesitantly because I don't know whether it was an astral projection or a lucid dream.I woke up around 2am and went to the toilet and splashed some water on my face so I woke up a bit. I then went back to bed, lay down on my back and meditated shortly on my aura. I then put on my headphones and listened to a binaural beats audio file for 30 mins. During listening and meditating, I felt a 'disconnection' or numbness to my body, like my attention or consciousness had shifted from my body to some place else. I did not experience projection at this point. I then listened to a different b-beats file- I could feel my body going to sleep after a while but I was still awake in my mind. The file ended and I had not felt any vibrations or rushing sounds like I had read people do before they project.

So I rolled over onto my front and allowed myself to drift to sleep. The next thing I remember was this:

I felt a 'pulling' of myself away from my body. I could feel my heart beating strongly in my chest but I was experiencing this away from my body, as if I could 'see' my body. The pulling feeling happened again and I could feel myself back in my body. The pull happened again and I went a little out only to be pulled back in again. Then there was another pull and what felt like a 'kicker' pull which actually released 'me' from me body. It was an amazing experience. I felt the kick and suddenly I was floating away from my body through the room at a 45 degree angle to the floor. I remember thinking 'wow!' this is actually happening!

As I floated through the room (took a couple of seconds I think) I then floated through the roof and out into the night sky and continued to float upwards into the sky. I got higher and higher and could see our house from way above, but then thought no, this is too high so I flew down again to the ground level. I continued flying over the houses- I don't know if they were actually on this plane of reality as I didn't recognise anywhere (but also I don't know the area very well because we just moved here). But it looked and felt like the area where we live. At one point I felt like I was on automatic pilot, just flying along so I said 'stop, stop,stop'. And I stopped by a house somewhere. At that point I realised my vision was a bit obscured by shady areas so I 'rubbed' my eyes and immediately could see the house and its garden hedge crystal clear.

I then continued to fly on over houses and a small lake I think and can clearly remember flying along a road and seeing the sea come into view and thinking how beautiful the scene was. The light had changed by that point also, it was daytime. As I was flying along that road, I also tried to speed up my flying speed by doing breaststrokes in the air but I couldn't speed up. At this point I realised I was lost and thought I want to think myself back to the house, with the intention of exploring elsewhere once I'd 'touched base'. But in thinking about the house I ended up being back in my body and waking up.

I can't work out if this is astral projection or if it a lucid dream, as I didn't hear any loud rushing sounds of vibrations as many report when they astral project but I definitely felt myself leaving the body.

I'm very new to this, so would appreciate any thoughts! Can anyone help shed some light on it?

Edited by danjorourke
  • Like 1

First 'out of body experience' after 4 days of trying. Around 3am this morning I had my first 'OBE'. I say 'OBE' hesitantly because I don't know whether it was an astral projection or a lucid dream.I woke up around 2am and went to the toilet and splashed some water on my face so I woke up a bit. I then went back to bed, lay down on my back and meditated shortly on my aura. I then put on my headphones and listened to a binaural beats audio file for 30 mins. During listening and meditating, I felt a 'disconnection' or numbness to my body, like my attention or consciousness had shifted from my body to some place else. I did not experience projection at this point. I then listened to a different b-beats file- I could feel my body going to sleep after a while but I was still awake in my mind. The file ended and I had not felt any vibrations or rushing sounds like I had read people do before they project.

So I rolled over onto my front and allowed myself to drift to sleep. The next thing I remember was this:

I felt a 'pulling' of myself away from my body. I could feel my heart beating strongly in my chest but I was experiencing this away from my body, as if I could 'see' my body. The pulling feeling happened again and I could feel myself back in my body. The pull happened again and I went a little out only to be pulled back in again. Then there was another pull and what felt like a 'kicker' pull which actually released 'me' from me body. It was an amazing experience. I felt the kick and suddenly I was floating away from my body through the room at a 45 degree angle to the floor. I remember thinking 'wow!' this is actually happening!

As I floated through the room (took a couple of seconds I think) I then floated through the roof and out into the night sky and continued to float upwards into the sky. I got higher and higher and could see our house from way above, but then thought no, this is too high so I flew down again to the ground level. I continued flying over the houses- I don't know if they were actually on this plane of reality as I didn't recognise anywhere (but also I don't know the area very well because we just moved here). But it looked and felt like the area where we live. At one point I felt like I was on automatic pilot, just flying along so I said 'stop, stop,stop'. And I stopped by a house somewhere. At that point I realised my vision was a bit obscured by shady areas so I 'rubbed' my eyes and immediately could see the house and its garden hedge crystal clear.

I then continued to fly on over houses and a small lake I think and can clearly remember flying along a road and seeing the sea come into view and thinking how beautiful the scene was. The light had changed by that point also, it was daytime. As I was flying along that road, I also tried to speed up my flying speed by doing breaststrokes in the air but I couldn't speed up. At this point I realised I was lost and thought I want to think myself back to the house, with the intention of exploring elsewhere once I'd 'touched base'. But in thinking about the house I ended up being back in my body and waking up.

I can't work out if this is astral projection or if it a lucid dream, as I didn't hear any loud rushing sounds of vibrations as many report when they astral project but I definitely felt myself leaving the body.

I'm very new to this, so would appreciate any thoughts! Can anyone help shed some light on it?

I don't you need to have those exsperiences. Sounds like an awesome exsperience to me :)

• Like 1

I don't you need to have those exsperiences. Sounds like an awesome exsperience to me :)

Thanks for the reassurance!

Edited by danjorourke

Congrats..

Yeah, I still struggle to understand the difference between being astral & Lucid from time to time.. There's always subtle differences, and all to often lately I'm not able to determine them.. That kind of level of "knowing" comes from experience.. Effort equals rewards at these levels.. For example, I was lucid twice last night.. but I also dreamed of moving between layers of existence, being aware of several formless entities, and racing through a portal just before it closed.. That dream in it's self screams astral when I think about it and several of the other mind melting details that was conveyed..

Personally I think it's the mind melting details and the challenges to perceptions that these experiences give us that teach us to just know the difference over time.. And the trick to that knowing is to just keep at it.. To rack up the Astral air points so to speak.

• Like 1

Congrats..

Yeah, I still struggle to understand the difference between being astral & Lucid from time to time.. There's always subtle differences, and all to often lately I'm not able to determine them.. That kind of level of "knowing" comes from experience.. Effort equals rewards at these levels.. For example, I was lucid twice last night.. but I also dreamed of moving between layers of existence, being aware of several formless entities, and racing through a portal just before it closed.. That dream in it's self screams astral when I think about it and several of the other mind melting details that was conveyed..

Personally I think it's the mind melting details and the challenges to perceptions that these experiences give us that teach us to just know the difference over time.. And the trick to that knowing is to just keep at it.. To rack up the Astral air points so to speak.

Thanks, yes I guess it will become clearer with more experience!

OMG. After 4 days. I'm "trying" for months lol. I'm saying "trying", because I don't know where to start. I'm really calm, but I fell asleep or I'm just awake. Sometimes I have vibrations, but I don't know if it's my muscles or really an AP vibration. :(

I think I need a first time to understand how things work, but it's hard to get this first time.

Whatever, I have a question, how is it when you pass through walls? Do you see all moisture, pipes or rats inside the walls?

OMG. After 4 days. I'm "trying" for months lol. I'm saying "trying", because I don't know where to start. I'm really calm, but I fell asleep or I'm just awake. Sometimes I have vibrations, but I don't know if it's my muscles or really an AP vibration. :(

I think I need a first time to understand how things work, but it's hard to get this first time.

Whatever, I have a question, how is it when you pass through walls? Do you see all moisture, pipes or rats inside the walls?

Depends how fast you go. The problem with thinking about the wall to much is its then an obstacle. I don't think about walls anymore. It's only a wall when you acknowledge it as such.

I think I had a fair bit of beginner's luck with that first experience- I have had one more obe since and the memory of it was a lot more muddled and blurry.

You asked about passing through walls- I passed through the roof and it was no different to flying through mid air in my experience, I suppose the old rules don't apply when you are out of body

Edited by danjorourke

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and I have been going through this thread with great curiosity. I have a question. I have been practicing AP through various methods explained on the internet for more than six months now but without success....Very badly need some guidance on what I am doing wrong...

Am able to reach the sleep paralysis state very easily (sometimes within 5 minutes of trying)

Am quite conscious of my third eye (I frequently experience throbbing in the third eye chakra along with purple light patterns and white light)

Just like Mr. Danjorourke I am also frequently experiencing the feeling of being strongly pulled headfirst out of my body by some kind of force even without trying any exit method

But after that nothing happens....the astral body goes back into the physical one.

Should I try any exit method while I am being pulled out or should I simply let it happen?. Also how to increase the power of this force pulling me out so that I can completely separate?

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and I have been going through this thread with great curiosity. I have a question. I have been practicing AP through various methods explained on the internet for more than six months now but without success....Very badly need some guidance on what I am doing wrong...

Am able to reach the sleep paralysis state very easily (sometimes within 5 minutes of trying)

Am quite conscious of my third eye (I frequently experience throbbing in the third eye chakra along with purple light patterns and white light)

Just like Mr. Danjorourke I am also frequently experiencing the feeling of being strongly pulled headfirst out of my body by some kind of force even without trying any exit method

But after that nothing happens....the astral body goes back into the physical one.

Should I try any exit method while I am being pulled out or should I simply let it happen?. Also how to increase the power of this force pulling me out so that I can completely separate?

You can do both. Putting yourself in a calm relaxed state you might achieve a full seperation. Or you might try lifting your hand and sitting up and out as if somone where helping you up.

@ White Crane Feather

Thanks but thats exactly what I try to do and end up spoiling it, I move my physical body by mistake thinking it to be the astral one.....

Could you advice me the most probable way to achieve full separation given my symptoms......

@ White Crane Feather

Thanks but thats exactly what I try to do and end up spoiling it, I move my physical body by mistake thinking it to be the astral one.....

Could you advice me the most probable way to achieve full separation given my symptoms......

Well..... If trying to move is ending your trance then try simply feeling as if a magnet were pulling you up. It's difficult to exsplain but you can will yourself to float out. It's quite the experience.

Or another is to try a violent movement when you feel vibrations. Roll hard to the safeest side of your bed or leap up like mounting a surf board. You may find yourself thinking you did it physically only to discover that you were out all along. You might just try seeing where the vibrations take you and not trying to exit. Holding awareness all the way down can be intense aswell.

• 1 month later...

@ White Crane Feather

Are you sure you are moving your physical and not your astral? It doesn't feel any different. At least it hasn't in my experience

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked