Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

18 minutes ago, B Randomly said:

Last night, I had a mind-challenging occurrence.  I woke to the perfect mind space and exited(OBE).  

Had a bit of OBE experience, then shifted back to my physical body.  I was a little bummed out, because I had an intention set that was not fulfilled.  Then I relaxed myself again, and transitioned(without vibrations) back to OBE. This happened at least 4 times.

I feel like it was more of a “walk, don’t run” experience.  My intention was to meet my guide(s).  

All that I came out of it was that “lucid dreaming/obe is the same”. There were some other smaller points during the occurrence, that were highly beneficial, too, but seem to pale in comparison to the actual lesson I learned.

Thanks for listening,

Br

What do you set as your intention when you want to meet your "guides"?   You can encounter all kinds of entities if that is what you are looking for but they will not all be your "guides".   Be discerning when you get where you think you want to be.

• Like 1

When I went OBE, that was my immediate intention.  When I was there, I met some other people, but they all had a task.  A task that I was seemingly apart of.  I reinstated my intention, and it was sorta brushed off.  Not in an aggressive manner, but more or less disregarded.

13 hours ago, B Randomly said:

When I went OBE, that was my immediate intention.  When I was there, I met some other people, but they all had a task.  A task that I was seemingly apart of.  I reinstated my intention, and it was sorta brushed off.  Not in an aggressive manner, but more or less disregarded.

Meaning they were not there to help you.   When you encounter others in astral plane do not go up and ask them "Are you my guide?" or "Can you help me find my guide?"    If you have a guide that wants to interact with you in the astral that guide will be waiting for you.   Don't go in like  a lost babe, you will just set yourself up for some unpleasantness.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, B Randomly said:

Now that I have thought about it a minute, I think you should not astral travel until you change your attitude.   You need to be empowered and you need to know more about the whole astral plane before you go back.    If you go looking for anything you will find all kinds of things but not what you think you are looking for.   What exactly do you want from your "guides"?

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

This is a good thread.  I’m up to page 23.

Definitely. This thread was very valuable to me back when I first started to learn about AP. It's to bad the OP isn't here anymore. Nor is White Crane. Great people to talk to on these subjects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Now that I have thought about it a minute, I think you should not astral travel until you change your attitude.   You need to be empowered and you need to know more about the whole astral plane before you go back.    If you go looking for anything you will find all kinds of things but not what you think you are looking for.   What exactly do you want from your "guides"?

Direction.

I feel like when I go oob, I’m just wandering around, not knowing what to do.  Most times I’ll meditate for a while, then go and walk around to explore.

And I am aware of some entities not having my best interests in mind, so I do have a checks/balance system, in that regard.

Just kinda feel like I put in a lot of time and effort to get to where I am, and now I don’t know what to do with it from here.  I thought my guides could help me with that.

With all that being said, each time I’m out I hit new levels of understanding/thinking, so it’s definitely not like I’m just loitering in the astral.

BR

2 hours ago, B Randomly said:

Direction.

I feel like when I go oob, I’m just wandering around, not knowing what to do.  Most times I’ll meditate for a while, then go and walk around to explore.

And I am aware of some entities not having my best interests in mind, so I do have a checks/balance system, in that regard.

Just kinda feel like I put in a lot of time and effort to get to where I am, and now I don’t know what to do with it from here.  I thought my guides could help me with that.

With all that being said, each time I’m out I hit new levels of understanding/thinking, so it’s definitely not like I’m just loitering in the astral.

BR

It is possible that they don't think you should be "wandering around" so will not help you.  I suggest you set goals, like explore a specific place on planet earth that you are curious about to start with.   Find a person you are close to who lives a few hundred miles away, set a time and date, let them know what you are planning and then on the time and date check on them and then contact them to describe what you saw (it has to be someone you trust not get weird or angry about it) and verify that you actually were there.  Keep a journal of what you experience.   The first thing you need to do is verify you really are astral traveling.  Keep it mundane to begin with.

Edited by Desertrat56

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Definitely. This thread was very valuable to me back when I first started to learn about AP. It's to bad the OP isn't here anymore. Nor is White Crane. Great people to talk to on these subjects.

I don’t think I can do it right now because I do have some fears and anxieties.  I’m using some of the thoughts on this thread to work on those right now, so for me, this thread is a good thing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

I don’t think I can do it right now because I do have some fears and anxieties.  I’m using some of the thoughts on this thread to work on those right now, so for me, this thread is a good thing.

That’s very good that you recognize and respect this enough to know you can’t go into it fearful. My number 1 rule when teaching someone how to do this is to drop the fear. We can’t move forward till that’s sorted out. Some people never make it past their fear. After all this is heavy stuff we are talking about here.

I hope you find the courage to face your shadow. Just remember it’s part of you. Good luck Guyver. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

Hi all, 

Oké here I go. I have a thought for a book which involves Astral Projection (AP).

Question is if it is actual possible? :D

When you AP and are in the Astral realm, can you for instance go to the past or future and take someone over and stay their as a mere observer to study that era? This for a brief period of time, for instance a day. On return to his own timeline and body only 15 or 20 minutes have passed due to time dilation, as in a dream state. The one actually doing the AP is conscious of what is happening. He is gathering info this way about past en future events.

Thank you in advance for replying :D

Edited by Viatorem

1 hour ago, Viatorem said:

Hi all, 

Oké here I go. I have a thought for a book which involves Astral Projection (AP).

Question is if it is actual possible? :D

When you AP and are in the Astral realm, can you for instance go to the past or future and take someone over and stay their as a mere observer to study that era? This for a brief period of time, for instance a day. On return to his own timeline and body only 15 or 20 minutes have passed due to time dilation, as in a dream state. The one actually doing the AP is conscious of what is happening. He is gathering info this way about past en future events.

Thank you in advance for replying :D

I have never thought about that.   It seems like it could be possible.  I have only used AP to travel somewhere to check on something going on currently.  I don't think "time dilation" would come in to play as in this case, time would not be a constraint.   Have you tried this yourself?

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have never thought about that.   It seems like it could be possible.  I have only used AP to travel somewhere to check on something going on currently.  I don't think "time dilation" would come in to play as in this case, time would not be a constraint.   Have you tried this yourself?

I did try but not had that many success, mostly after I tried I'm out of energy like I am depleted. 

The time dilation I assumed in it for my character in the book is due to his body is in his own time line when he AP's towards another era in time. So he spends for instance 8 hours their comes back and only 20 minutes or so is passed in his era because his body is in a dream state. 

If it is theoretically possible that would be awesome since I can bring it in some sort of realistic way. 

7 minutes ago, Viatorem said:

I did try but not had that many success, mostly after I tried I'm out of energy like I am depleted. 

The time dilation I assumed in it for my character in the book is due to his body is in his own time line when he AP's towards another era in time. So he spends for instance 8 hours their comes back and only 20 minutes or so is passed in his era because his body is in a dream state. 

If it is theoretically possible that would be awesome since I can bring it in some sort of realistic way. 

I suspect it is could be possible, but I don't understand why you feel depleted when you try to astral travel to the past.

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I suspect it is could be possible, but I don't understand why you feel depleted when you try to astral travel to the past.

I do not understand it either. Last attempt I gave it was horrible actually. I was so out of energy I slept for two days straight and that while I never need much sleep in one night. Must have don something wrong is my guess or in the attempt to take a host I've been fought off by that person. But that is just a guess at best. 

2 minutes ago, Viatorem said:

I do not understand it either. Last attempt I gave it was horrible actually. I was so out of energy I slept for two days straight and that while I never need much sleep in one night. Must have don something wrong is my guess or in the attempt to take a host I've been fought off by that person. But that is just a guess at best. 

Wait, you attempted to take a host, or it attempted to use you?  

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Wait, you attempted to take a host, or it attempted to use you?  

I tried it. To see if it was possible. 

5 minutes ago, Viatorem said:

I tried it. To see if it was possible. 

Was it someone you knew and had talked to  about it?   It is not a good idea to try stuff like that.   Everyone has to figure it out on their own. 

• 9 months later...

Anyone else really enjoy the clarity of “video footage” the mind is able to construct when collapsing opportunities for events into a resting potential?

I can see detail to around 3ft without my glasses, but when I’m daydreaming I can see individual rocks in debris clouds and trees miles away in the distance. I’ve had a better view of stars in the night sky inside my mind than I’ve seen with my own eyes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frank_Hoenedge said:

I can see detail to around 3ft without my glasses, but when I’m daydreaming I can see individual rocks in debris clouds and trees miles away in the distance. I’ve had a better view of stars in the night sky inside my mind than I’ve seen with my own eyes.

That's called "imagination".

• Like 2

It’s too bad AP is not a thing around here anymore.  I’m fascinated by it.  But, since I have fears I can’t do it.  The thing is that I trust one old timer on this forum like me called Iron Ghost.  He could do it.  I may have have it once or twice but couldn’t enter in.  I have had some lucid dreams, and those were amazing. A close friend has also had lucid dreaming, so I believe it.  I think I believe in AP as well, but I can’t explain it.

• Like 1

In former times they used to say that a person only used 5% of their brain/mind capacity…then it went up to 8%.  I don’t know what it’s gone up to in these days, but I can tell you that if you think at all, you understand those percentages are so ridiculously low that we could be capable of this stuff by modern shaman.

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

It’s too bad AP is not a thing around here anymore.  I’m fascinated by it.  But, since I have fears I can’t do it.  The thing is that I trust one old timer on this forum like me called Iron Ghost.  He could do it.  I may have have it once or twice but couldn’t enter in.  I have had some lucid dreams, and those were amazing. A close friend has also had lucid dreaming, so I believe it.  I think I believe in AP as well, but I can’t explain it.

I have experienced AP, even learned to go where I wanted or check on someone not knowing where they were.    I don't do it much anymore.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

In former times they used to say that a person only used 5% of their brain/mind capacity…then it went up to 8%.  I don’t know what it’s gone up to in these days, but I can tell you that if you think at all, you understand those percentages are so ridiculously low that we could be capable of this stuff by modern shaman.

I never heard 5 or 8 %, it was 10% when I was a kid.  Maybe there were different theories.   I suspect those guesses are based on lack of information about how the brain works and where consciousness actually resides.   Also, we are trained from birth to ignore a lot of information that we have access to.  It is why people who don't ignore certain types of information can make money calling themselves psychic.    We are bombarded with information and we can't process it all so we choose what to ignore and what to pay attention to.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2