Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I think I might have almost succeeded. I started out meditating but added abdominal breathing and focusing on my third eye. The best way I could describe it was my state of mind was normal.....normal.....then click. My awareness was different. It was like before I was focusing on blackness, then all of a sudden I was in it (if that makes any sense) But fear came over me and I tried to soon to project and moved my arms physically.

Might I add to any newbies out their to AP that I think no matter how much you study and try to prepare yourself, the first few times you experience it you will be afraid. I even told myself during my changed state to not be afraid cause I new what was going on but it was to powerful. I think it takes some used to getting too before a successful projection or maybe that's just me :unsure2:

Nice. Yes our good old friend irrational fear. It's great at protecting us from lions, but we are not entirely an animal are we?

There are some ways to work on fear while not altered. Backpacking alone works wonders. Once you learn how to be alone for 3 or 4 days in the wilderness, your mind starts to calm a bit when it comes to guessing the lion in the grass. Even just sitting in the dark in the woods alone meditating or just observing for three or four hours at a time.

Being comfortable and excited about the unknown will help you with those fear responses .

I don't know if this has been asked previously, but sorry if it has. Is it possible to AP into "heaven"? I ask because NDE'S (near death experiencers) and AP's have a lot in common. When someone projects they do so in the spirits realms, so is "heaven" in a different type of realm all together?

Depends on what you consider heaven. The highest realm of conciousness.... I have experienced... Is merger with the light. This is a place were separation disappears. But yes. I have been with loved ones in what one might call heaven. They were a bit shocked to see me and basically had the attitude of ---ok you did it, you know you can but don't come back unless it's really important or you are actually dead-- visiting ancestors is a sacred journey. Not just for the hell of it.

Depends on what you consider heaven. The highest realm of conciousness.... I have experienced... Is merger with the light. This is a place were separation disappears. But yes. I have been with loved ones in what one might call heaven. They were a bit shocked to see me and basically had the attitude of ---ok you did it, you know you can but don't come back unless it's really important or you are actually dead-- visiting ancestors is a sacred journey. Not just for the hell of it.

I dont intend to play around with spirituality. My goal is enlightenment and learning. But if what you say is true then I am pondering if this is how people like Moses, Jesus, Buddha, or Enoch talked to God.

I dont intend to play around with spirituality. My goal is enlightenment and learning. But if what you say is true then I am pondering if this is how people like Moses, Jesus, Buddha, or Enoch talked to God.

I have had some interesting conversations about that subject. And where I stand on it is a definite yes. When reading the experiences of these people, for me there is a wring of familiarity to their visions. Of course the religous have a hard time agreeing. Their attitude that these people are super special is threatened. In more traditional aboriginal cultures, visions, and forays into the spirit world are common and accepted, and indeed a part of life for the shaman.

I have even had the experience of the buhudda faceing the demon hords of Mara. I call it the Mara meditation. Im not all that special. I'm just a dad. I do believe all these things are obtainable by the common person willing to be open to the experiences and let go of preconceptions.

I have had some interesting conversations about that subject. And where I stand on it is a definite yes. When reading the experiences of these people, for me there is a wring of familiarity to their visions. Of course the religous have a hard time agreeing. Their attitude that these people are super special is threatened. In more traditional aboriginal cultures, visions, and forays into the spirit world are common and accepted, and indeed a part of life for the shaman.

I have even had the experience of the buhudda faceing the demon hords of Mara. I call it the Mara meditation. Im not all that special. I'm just a dad. I do believe all these things are obtainable by the common person willing to be open to the experiences and let go of preconceptions.

I agree completely!!!!!! Christians put Jesus on a pedestal and say he was the son of God but I dont think he really intended that. He said we could all be Christ like. Truth is we are all sons and daughters of God. We have the power to obtain Christ like ability's. But I'm getting of topic. Sorry everyone :unsure2:

I agree completely!!!!!! Christians put Jesus on a pedestal and say he was the son of God but I dont think he really intended that. He said we could all be Christ like. Truth is we are all sons and daughters of God. We have the power to obtain Christ like ability's. But I'm getting of topic. Sorry everyone :unsure2:

Your not that far off. :) one of the reasons this thread exists is because there are those of us that know the divine is directly obtainable and a very personal, real, and experiential place. Why have faith in books written by men when you can stand before the light in person? This is why astral travel is demonized ( literally). You can't control a person who is in control of themselves and has a direct face to face relationship with the great spirit. One of the reasons, I'm sure, that Jesus was crucified. This is why I can answer in the positive when a christian asks me if I believe that Jesus died for our sins. He certainly did.

Edited by Seeker79

Hey, can somebody pm me some techniques to help me astral project, and how to know if you're doing it right and what it feels like? :) I'd love any help

Hey, can somebody pm me some techniques to help me astral project, and how to know if you're doing it right and what it feels like? :) I'd love any help

I have found this free e-book to be useful. Many different techniques that you can try.

http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf

• Like 1

If any one is interested here is a sight to download free binaural sounds to help meditate or AP. If you don't know what binaural beats are, they help change the brainwaves from alert to sleep.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats) I'm not sure how well they work but I use them and if anything they help block out ambient distractions.

Iso-Tones

http://iso-tones.com/index.php/tones/spiritual

I think I AP but am not sure. It could have been a vivid dream. Couple question before I tell my story. When I started to project a swirl pattern appeared and I went into the center of it which was a tunnel I went through it very fast and it seemed to have numbers all around the walls (maybe even in binary). Does any one who projects notice numbers in the tunnel? Also I was told by my guide to go to a different dimension so he made another tunnel appear and I went through it. It looked the same as the first one I mentioned. Has anyone experienced anything like me?

I think I AP but am not sure. It could have been a vivid dream. Couple question before I tell my story. When I started to project a swirl pattern appeared and I went into the center of it which was a tunnel I went through it very fast and it seemed to have numbers all around the walls (maybe even in binary). Does any one who projects notice numbers in the tunnel? Also I was told by my guide to go to a different dimension so he made another tunnel appear and I went through it. It looked the same as the first one I mentioned. Has anyone experienced anything like me?

The swirl and tunnel is how i perceive my self projecting sometimes, it's a visual representation of the energetic layers and dimensions that your third eye perceives. So yes in short what you see is normal for you. Not everyone will see numbers like a binary code, but just because you do doesn't make it wrong and i think it's a great thing for you to be perceiving and nothing to worry about. You see numbers, I see colours and densities, someone else may see something different but it all amounts to the same 'energetic constructs' people can see. Tunnelling out of this dimension is also symbolic of leaving the physical constructs of this level aka the "matrix", or through the "veil" - -- that is where you want to be to experience astral travel to its full potential or connect and integrate your higher consciousness.

It's good you have a guide showing you how to get to a different dimension, eventually you will be able to open a portal/door way your self and just jump through.

Hello, I'm quite new here but I've been reading through this whole topic and some other, but no one has really explained how to exit the body buy sitting up or rolling over (what ever you mean by that). Is it like sitting up like doing it physically? Just sit up?

I would appreciate if you explain it because I cannot understand that.

Yesterday I tried to project but I couldn't get any of the symptoms, but I heared the same thing I have heard by simply sleeping (when I didn't even know about this) - high pitch sound in the head - I don't know why that happens, but is it one of the symptoms or something else?

-Eddie

Hello, I'm quite new here but I've been reading through this whole topic and some other, but no one has really explained how to exit the body buy sitting up or rolling over (what ever you mean by that). Is it like sitting up like doing it physically? Just sit up?

I would appreciate if you explain it because I cannot understand that.

Yesterday I tried to project but I couldn't get any of the symptoms, but I heared the same thing I have heard by simply sleeping (when I didn't even know about this) - high pitch sound in the head - I don't know why that happens, but is it one of the symptoms or something else?

-Eddie

Many people hear that sound. Yes just like physically doing it. But I am a very tactile person.

I tried doing it yesterday by listening to an audio recording which was meant as relaxing and "guiding" me to astral project, but I guess it didn't work. Does these recording help at all? I couldn't really relax, because all I heard and felt was my heart pounding.

Also I couldn't sleep flat on my back for too long or in any position to get any of the feelings you should feel, but I wasn't sleep deprived.

But there was one thing I did notice while I was sleeping still - my legs started to feel silly and heavy and they felt like I should move them. I think I felt something like tingles or what you call vibrations in the legs, but that happened nowhere else.

I tried doing it yesterday by listening to an audio recording which was meant as relaxing and "guiding" me to astral project, but I guess it didn't work. Does these recording help at all? I couldn't really relax, because all I heard and felt was my heart pounding.

Also I couldn't sleep flat on my back for too long or in any position to get any of the feelings you should feel, but I wasn't sleep deprived.

But there was one thing I did notice while I was sleeping still - my legs started to feel silly and heavy and they felt like I should move them. I think I felt something like tingles or what you call vibrations in the legs, but that happened nowhere else.

It dosnt sound like you are relaxing. Keep trying until you are relaxed. You don't need to be on your back. Vibrations are not really tingles. They feel more like an electric shock or touching something that is vibrating at a very high frequency .

It dosnt sound like you are relaxing. Keep trying until you are relaxed. You don't need to be on your back. Vibrations are not really tingles. They feel more like an electric shock or touching something that is vibrating at a very high frequency .

edit: found what I wanted to ask. But I'll try again with some relaxation methods.

Edited by mafiosis

Is there a good way to relax? How do you relax? I might experiment with music or with those binaural sounds someone posted.

Try breathing through your abdomen. Inhale deeply while pushing your stomach out. Then slowly exhale. Concentrate on your breathing and nothing else and this will help you to relax.

Entered an altered state this morning and experimented with creating a vortex. It was fun.

• Like 1

Yesterday tried again. Same as last time - heavy legs, but for a few seconds my head and palms felt floaty, but then it went away.

I guess this doesn't work well without presleep?

what sort of things magnify one's ability to astral project?

does diet, drug intake, supplementing, etc. help?

what sort of things magnify one's ability to astral project?

does diet, drug intake, supplementing, etc. help?

Might be easier to discuss what derails it. Personally what i find is the lighter i eat in terms of food (no stodgy heavy carbs) , the more enhanced my sensory perceptions are for meditation work and i say that because i consider little difference between projecting via woken state and in sleep time. But in saying that everything has a place. Like an athlete who trains and takes great care of their diet, will think nothing of downing pure glucose/sugar in their hour of need, that sugary or fat based food can be an instant grounder/healer. In the same way i have used sugary/fatty food for instant grounding after long drawn out meditation or energy work sessions and it works.

So it depends what state you are in with your food and mind and body at the time. If your diet is primarily fatty and heavy carb based day in, day out - junk etc, you'll be slowed down beyond what is acceptable and the only way to lighten up is to cut all that out. I've found that sometimes we seek eating those kinds of food to ground ourselves more than anything else.

Supplements - nil - zero. I don't buy into any of that. You learn to use and train your consciousness and talents properly and that has nothing to do with substances.

Endurance - I have posted before that it can interesting to at least find out what your "twilight zone" is in terms of starting to shift consciousness naturally by staying awake beyond your normal sleep pattern. It happens because your natural cognitive defenses start to wain as you begin to enter early sleep deprivation. Everyone is different on how long that takes, but when i begin to enter it after around the 15 hr mark, I'm already feeling myself falling out of my body before i even lay down to bed. On those occasions there is no need to try and exit, the moment your head hits the pillow and you close your eyes you're off. The trick then is all in recall and focus and that is what practising meditation strengthens. Recall can also be practised by starting a dream journal on a daily basis. It's hard and feels unproductive at first but that soon changes.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked