Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

what sort of things magnify one's ability to astral project?

does diet, drug intake, supplementing, etc. help?

Im going to agree with 99% of what blue posted. I have seen all of that to be accurate.

Now.... I'm just going to be honest here. I consider blue very advanced. It's like being a highly tuned athlete. She is capable of doing things that most will never get to including myself. There is a very long dradition of teas and herbs being used by shaman to help achieve meditative states. ( I'm not talking about entheogens or drugs). I'm talking about a multitude of plants that help you dream or achieve different states of conciousness. I don think it's dishonest to use them. Some people just cannot quite their inner chatter enough. With a little help they can learn to do it on their own. A simple search on shamanic herbs will give you tons of sources. Some might be in your pantry now.

I don't need aids but I think some people may need it if they want to have an experience. True you should be able to do it on your own, but I'm a teacher and make a living on keeping students. I know intimately the difference a smaller successful experience can make on the rest of soimone's life. If a passion flower tea helped Somone to get there and that encourages them to move forward, I'm all for it.

I don't think I'm allowed to discuss recommendations of this sort. But a little research will give you a lot if info.

I think I can discuss passion flower. It's a common food. Passion flower has a chemical in it that neutralizes the enxym responsible for the processing of serotonin in our system. ( MAOI) this enzym also processes naturally occurring DMT in our brains that is active in meditative states and dreaming. Just a simple tea that you can by at the store can do wonder, but you have to do your diligence.

Quite an experience this morning..... I blogged it.

I have done a lot of research on analogs for near-death experiences. DMT in lawful clinical trials can simulate the visionary perspective of near-death experiences, while ketamine proves to do the same. in near-death experiences, the NMDA gland (our reality sensor) is antagonized and we are shut off from the external world even when our eyes are open. in dreams, we are physically isolated from the external environment, and our perception is enhanced potentially by DMT or other psychoactive chemicals.

clearly, these are distinguishably scientifically. to what extent could one relate astral projection to a near-death experience? Or would you believe it to be more closely related to dreams?

I have done a lot of research on analogs for near-death experiences. DMT in lawful clinical trials can simulate the visionary perspective of near-death experiences, while ketamine proves to do the same. in near-death experiences, the NMDA gland (our reality sensor) is antagonized and we are shut off from the external world even when our eyes are open. in dreams, we are physically isolated from the external environment, and our perception is enhanced potentially by DMT or other psychoactive chemicals.

clearly, these are distinguishably scientifically. to what extent could one relate astral projection to a near-death experience? Or would you believe it to be more closely related to dreams?

Near death, ap, etc etc. the label is useless. All of these states are altered states of conciousness and what happens in them can only be subjective. Trying to catororgize them is a mistake. the astral spaces are not going to Bend to physical methodologies.

• Like 1

that makes sense. i'm attempting tonight. ill post any experiences.

that makes sense. i'm attempting tonight. ill post any experiences.

You will have much better success early morning.

Hi, im hoping somebdy can give me some advice. it started abut 4 years ago, i would wake up from sleep in the middle of the night (or thought I was awake) with vibrations throughtout my body mainly in my head like a radio frequency these were very intense but always managed to snap myself out of this. Over the last few months they have become more frequent and also invloved me not being able to move any part of my body, again i was able to snap out of this but felt a feeling of something in my room and i felt pure terror. I told a friend who told me that she had read that these symptons were the onset of a OBE or astral travel. It has happened a few times over the past month and on the last occaision it was that intense i could not fight this. I felt my body seperate and i came away as if i was a illuminous blue and white light. ( all i can explain it like is I felt like i was this energy) I was floating and seemed to be in my bedroom but the surroundings were not the same. I was amazed but pannicking at the same time, I floated out of my room and I was then in a room full of bright starts, at this point i really pannicked and was scared to death that i couldnt get back to my body, then i was lay in bed wide awake wondering what on earth had just happened. Please can anyone give me some advice. I have never meditated or practiced astral travel so I dont know why this is happening. Im just waiting to see what happens next time the vibrations occur.

That's astral projection and like you have experienced it can happen spontaneously sometimes, or, you just happen to reach a state of awareness where you are aware of it happening. The latter is what Astral projectors and meditation practitioners practice and train to improve. Better recall, sharper awareness and bridging the connections between multi levels of consciousness.

The fears you felt are common fears of fearing the unknown. It is a normal reaction that comes from the lower primitive, ego part of our minds which can't and don't see anything beyond it self. This part of our mind is extremely limited and is like partitioned off from the greater picture. It therefore struggles incredibly with processing anything that challenges it. It's job is to keep you safe in a "3d" physical world. However, it is not the only level there is to you in consciousness terms. Once you open your mind to this concept, it makes it far easier to see what astral projection and meditation is really all about. It is experiencing your other levels of consciousness that can comprehend a whole lot more than your 3d primitive 'repitlie' mind, and once you start astral projecting with a higher consciousness, then you will do so without these fears attached. The fears only belong to the lower levels. Every being has a lower level as well as upper, ever realm has a lower level as well as upper, every planet and so on, it is part of the tiers that makes up the layers of consciousness in every being and "space", throughout.

So, to add to all this, the astral levels are multi level too, lower levels, higher levels - it's layered in terms of consciousness and "frequency" (energy) - bearing in mind that the astral level is a thought realm, navigated and automatically connected to your emotional and mental bodies (astral body).. The connection is already there for every being, but, like i said earlier, it's developing the awareness level and ability to shift consciousness to that level when you want to perceive and experience it.

The big hurdle for astral projectors to get past is the reflexes of the ego/primitive mind. Because it is a thought realm and an holds an existence outside of the parameters that this level of consciousness can cope with. If you go there with your fears on that level, it will shape your experience in that 'frequency'. Therefore on the perception level, most of what you perceive and experience will be completely inaccurate and gross distortions of the truth.... [This also pertains to mediums and channellers on how level of perception works] The aim is to reach the highest, highest intent and level of awareness/conscuousness you possibly can so that your looking glass ( percpetions) flow on the least distorted and unbiased level, when streaming the info /energies you perceive or work with.

But if you can push yourself through this level everything changes and everything from your meditations to projection work will open up a path/journey for you.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

That is the best advice ever :D I honestly could not have said it better.

Yes you had spontaneous OBE and your primitive mind ( lizard brain) is rightfully telling you ---hey this is strange ---- in the only language it has.

I'm actually excited for you. I think you are receiving a calling. Now... On the safe side, you might want to have a sleep study done to rule out any apnia or other problems. Being aware of the transitions spontaneously so many times could be a symptom of some sleep issues.

My advice to you you is to learn to do it on purpose. Once you are able to your fear should evaporate and you will be able to gain better control.

Where do i go from here then, as its happening simultaneously do i try to control it or just go with what happens. Also is astral travel a paranormal experience or not? thanks for your advice

Where do i go from here then, as its happening simultaneously do i try to control it or just go with what happens. Also is astral travel a paranormal experience or not? thanks for your advice

Find a tutorial... I have one at the beginning of this thread.

Depends on your definition of paranormal ;)

Quite an experience this morning..... I blogged it.

Another one. For some reason during summer I become particularly active.

Just a few random questions to throw in, nothing in accordance of the last posts though possibly helpful questions:

1. When you project, is it within a human shape of the astral body, for example if people have a disability on the physical realm would they also appear to have the disability in the astral realm?

2. Can you truly travel anywhere?

3. Can you be harmed?

4. Is it possible to meet other people in the astral plane?

Would be very much appreciated for any responses. Thanks, luke.

Just a few random questions to throw in, nothing in accordance of the last posts though possibly helpful questions:

1. When you project, is it within a human shape of the astral body, for example if people have a disability on the physical realm would they also appear to have the disability in the astral realm?

2. Can you truly travel anywhere?

3. Can you be harmed?

4. Is it possible to meet other people in the astral plane?

Would be very much appreciated for any responses. Thanks, luke.

1) it's a projection. It depends on the mental image the person has of themselves. Yes, you can change it. I turned mysf into a bear once.

2) yes.... But. The less connected you are with a place the harder it is to find.

3)not in my opinion. There is the crowed that believes in Demons and NEGs and all that. Like any journey though a healthy amount of caution and preparation should be considered. I have learned that mal thought is sponsored by fear. Fear turns on the person who is using it to form mal thought. I think this is a law of astral spaces ( if there is such a thing). Evil is sponsored by fear. Evil is impotant in the spaces because it is obsorbed and occupied by its own fear. Take everything from a calm observers perspective. Your own fear and uncontrolled thoughts and emotions will be your biggest obstacle.

4) I have heard of people doing this, but I haven't done it. Operating OOB is subject to so much individual thoughts, I think people would have to be particularly in tune with each other, and both skilled at ap to share in the meaning of an experience.

Edited by Seeker79

Thanks for the response that is helpful, Turning yourself into a bear, That sounds soo cool ahahaa ;)

Thanks for the response that is helpful, Turning yourself into a bear, That sounds soo cool ahahaa ;)

That's not the half of it... Cool compares nothing to what happened after that. :D

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=23700

Interesting dream state this morning. In it me and another person. The area around the tunnel was overgrown, implying that it was abandoned. I remember saying "Jeeze, this bug just fell on my shoulder" or something like that. When I looked up there was a sign that said "Brunswick Tunnel."

When I woke up I thought they I got the idea from the abandoned Winston Tunnel which is relatively close to me, but when I Google'd "Brunswick Tunnel" I found that there actually exists an abandoned Brunswick Tunnel in England. Pretty interesting! I had no idea it existed.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/b/brunswick_tunnel/index.shtml

• Like 1

Interesting dream state this morning. In it me and another person. The area around the tunnel was overgrown, implying that it was abandoned. I remember saying "Jeeze, this bug just fell on my shoulder" or something like that. When I looked up there was a sign that said "Brunswick Tunnel."

When I woke up I thought they I got the idea from the abandoned Winston Tunnel which is relatively close to me, but when I Google'd "Brunswick Tunnel" I found that there actually exists an abandoned Brunswick Tunnel in England. Pretty interesting! I had no idea it existed.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/b/brunswick_tunnel/index.shtml

Finally starting to get your confirmations. Excellent. :)

Ahah that's nuts^

Are there any animals or other life forms on the astral plane?

I've researched 'AP' a lot, but everytime I try putting it into practice I end up falling asleep FML ! :(

What is the best way to astral project,and also what are some of the dangers u could possibly face , like demons that might follow you or maby something taking over your phisical body .Are their any benifits to doing this and how does it help you with everyday life ?

Demons can NOT take over your body whilst astral projecting, it is perfectly natural as you already do it subconsciously. However I've tried astral projection though not fully. I can confirm that the benefits are mind blowing, the amount you can learn and unlearn. I've heard its actually beyond knowledge of what we know. Think about that ;) ! If you give it ago, let me know your results! Happy 'AP'ing

I fall asleep during alot of attempts too. This experience is extremely fantastic and mind blowing, you know the world we live in, those things don't just get handed to you. Work at it, it's worth it.

Try waking up earlier than usual, a few hours earlier like 4am, stay awake for about half hour or 45 mins, then lay back down and go to sleep. While trying to get back to sleep, think about astral projection, don't put too much mental thought into this part, it's the dream state you're about to have that's important. I hope this works for you, it seems to work for me every single time I do it, if I do the wake up and go back to sleep thing as mentioned above the dream I will then have always turns lucid. As soon as you realise you're dreaming, say to your self "right, I'm dreaming, I can have/do/be anything I want" right, so say I choose to go back to my sleeping body and astral project right now. Your mind obeys instantly and quite accurately, in lucidity and you should find yourself in your bed and possibly out of your body.

Don't get me wrong, I'm new to this but it's a much less scarier way of getting into the astral realm than via sleep paralysis.

Your response has intrigued me, please do tell me more about what the astral realm concludes, are deceased people present?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked