Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Personally i don't know why anyone would want to use sleep paralysis as their primary method to AP. I really am not fond of it at all, and for me personally I find any projection i do achieve from SP is always bang into the lower astral levels, and barely has enough energy or frequency to support my projection in a comfortable way. It never feels good to me, and its so slow and distorted down there energy and perception wise compared to projecting under your own terms or spontaneously.

If you have never experienced astral projection outside of an SP episode, do not be under the impression with thinking that this is what all astral projection experiences and existence feels and looks like, because it is not. It's one tiny little crumb of what the experience can be and is and that particular level is just one of many. It's like comparing vehicles here - analogy: Driving a steam roller that can barely turn and moves at 2mph through the stickiest ickiest tar versus driving a Ferrari on red bull with wings.

The astral levels and what you experience of them can never be typicalfied across the board if that is even a word. Even once you get proficient at getting out, the learning never stops. So if you are primarily a SP projector and never try outside of that state and all your effort goes into inducing that state, you're stunting yourself and not doing a thing towards working towards upping your frequency and access to level of consciousness.

Thinking twice,

They can be. If you make your intention to see them then you can and sometimes you just see them going about their business as you go about yours. I do believe however they have a veiled realm attached to the astral levels, I used to travel through it every-time i projected, and it was also attached to the more unconscious levels or sleeping levels. People who are not "awake" or the unawake parts of their consciousness resides there too. The more awake a person becomes and connected to upstairs (higher self) the less time, the less consciousness and less energy spent in the "zombie sleeping" levels. The penny dropped for me when i realised why i was taking this route through this level every time I projected - because it was reflecting where my level of conciousness was at, at the time. It's like you become a blend with travelling through the landscapes of your consciousness, overlayed on the scape of the astral level you are projected too. The line between the two become very fine because everything is shaped and perceived by your thought level and each can imprint on the other.

Anyway, for someone else they may see the tiers of consciousness/frequencies of the astral level and how it relates to our own multi levels of consciousness as something slightly different to how i paint it, but the goal is or the main thing to 'connect' is the higher in frequency/energy/consciousness you consciously aim for with intention and become, the more of the astral levels you can perceive, achieve and access. You are a direct reflection of your creation and what you create and the frequency you hold, is your key to accessing the universe /universal consciousness.

When people can get around to understanding this, and this is one of the gems the astral level can teach us without it having to be shoved down our throats by books or religions, is people suddenly realise the significance of looking after one self mentally, emotionally, physically and working out energetically and not being a selfish or egoistical ****** *** in life or allowing drama and negativity to rule your mind state. Why? because it is all tapping into a lower level frequency and keeping you projected in that frequency, YES even when you are consciously awake during your day to day life, other aspects of you is residing in other levels too ( we project 24/7, humans beings do all the time, mentally and emotionally) so if this is what you walk around as holding and vibrating in your field, day in day out, even when you go to sleep, that is where is you are going to go and is what will keep you locked into the lower level zones.

Ok so will stop there before it goes too offtopic, one of my guides wanted me to go into that aspect today, maybe it's meant to be heard today.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

I fall asleep during alot of attempts too. This experience is extremely fantastic and mind blowing, you know the world we live in, those things don't just get handed to you. Work at it, it's worth it.

Try waking up earlier than usual, a few hours earlier like 4am, stay awake for about half hour or 45 mins, then lay back down and go to sleep. While trying to get back to sleep, think about astral projection, don't put too much mental thought into this part, it's the dream state you're about to have that's important. I hope this works for you, it seems to work for me every single time I do it, if I do the wake up and go back to sleep thing as mentioned above the dream I will then have always turns lucid. As soon as you realise you're dreaming, say to your self "right, I'm dreaming, I can have/do/be anything I want" right, so say I choose to go back to my sleeping body and astral project right now. Your mind obeys instantly and quite accurately, in lucidity and you should find yourself in your bed and possibly out of your body.

Don't get me wrong, I'm new to this but it's a much less scarier way of getting into the astral realm than via sleep paralysis.

Yes..... Holding your awareness in the morning hours. Good advice?:)

Can you achieve astral projection through lucid dreaming? Also how can you achieve lucid dreaming and altered states?

Anyway, for someone else they may see the tiers of consciousness/frequencies of the astral level and how it relates to our own multi levels of consciousness as something slightly different to how i paint it, but the goal is or the main thing to 'connect' is the higher in frequency/energy/consciousness you consciously aim for with intention and become, the more of the astral levels you can perceive, achieve and access. You are a direct reflection of your creation and what you create and the frequency you hold, is your key to accessing the universe /universal consciousness.

When people can get around to understanding this, and this is one of the gems the astral level can teach us without it having to be shoved down our throats by books or religions, is people suddenly realise the significance of looking after one self mentally, emotionally, physically and working out energetically and not being a selfish or egoistical ****** *** in life or allowing drama and negativity to rule your mind state. Why? because it is all tapping into a lower level frequency and keeping you projected in that frequency, YES even when you are consciously awake during your day to day life, other aspects of you is residing in other levels too ( we project 24/7, humans beings do all the time, mentally and emotionally) so if this is what you walk around as holding and vibrating in your field, day in day out, even when you go to sleep, that is where is you are going to go and is what will keep you locked into the lower level zones.

Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap: I too can not stress enough about how destructive the EGO is spiritually and to humanity itself. Ego is why humanity is suffering right now. It seems that we have lost our spiritual connections. We may have evolved greatly in education and technology, but we have actually fallen backwards on evolving our spirituality and compassion. Ego is to blame for this.

Edited by constantine_337

Your response has intrigued me, please do tell me more about what the astral realm concludes, are deceased people present?

Yes, You can find them if you want. Like people here they are all in different stages of awareness.

So after we die, our astralbodies will be release into a similar dimension ?

So after we die, our astralbodies will be release into a similar dimension ?

I believe so, but you will shed your animal and no longer be subject to certain things.

I'm guessing the 'deceased' may be able to pass onto the physical plane, ghost,spirits and demons?- that's if they exist!

I'm guessing the 'deceased' may be able to pass onto the physical plane, ghost,spirits and demons?- that's if they exist!

The physical plane is extremely dense. One tiny piece of physical matter has a tremendous amount of energy in it. For spirits to interact directly with the physical world it would be more than extremely difficult. As you might of guessed, spirits are not made of the stuff of the physical. Interaction between the two ...well... If not impossible is very very very difficult. They do however use a medium. People. Brains are a link or an antenna between the different modes of existence. A spirit ( in my opinion) is not capable of throwing a ball across the room, but it certainly is capable of asking me to.

That is true, I've heard many experiences of people hearing voices in their heads telling them to do something. I've personally experienced it myself, although if someone on the physical plane was to leave their body through astral projection and allowed someone to take their body and silver cord, could it be possible for the spirit to take control on the human body?

I'm only asking this because I've heard of people doing things and not remembering how or why they did it, they thought they were sleeping and/or unconscious.

That is true, I've heard many experiences of people hearing voices in their heads telling them to do something. I've personally experienced it myself, although if someone on the physical plane was to leave their body through astral projection and allowed someone to take their body and silver cord, could it be possible for the spirit to take control on the human body?

I'm only asking this because I've heard of people doing things and not remembering how or why they did it, they thought they were sleeping and/or unconscious.

I doubt it. You see even though we talk in terms of seperting from the body, the reality is probably far more complicated. The feeling and experience of separating from our bodies is purely an inturpretation. The astral spaces do not look or feel like this one. It dies not have form or mass. Everything is an inturpretation so that we have some way to put it into context. I reminded of a star trek episode.-----Q is a god like being that brings the crew to his realm that is in the midst of a civil war. Because their minds are unable to comprehend the reality of the realm, Q creates a framework for their minds to understand it as the American civil war. He even hands them a musket to fight with. In reality it is a weapon capable of killing a god, it's only inturprets as a musket.---

You do not actually leave your body. There is no need to. Separation is an illusion of energy density in three dimensions. The other dimensions are not special anyway.

Your body is merely the denser portion of your existence. The dirt in the bottom of the bucket so to speak. In my opinion it's wrong to look at it like a vessel more like a finger nail. Nothing can control you or occupy your body without the permission of your higher self. Those instances that you speak of are most likely biological medical problems. ( opinion of course )

Seeker makes a good point. Upon my research into afterlife experiences it is my conclusion that how the after life is perceived, is special for each individual. We are perceive things to fit into are understanding. Some who die see Jesus and pearly gates. Some see Buddha while some see city's made of crystal. When experiencers meet other people, some see them as just beings as light while others see them as they were on earth. So when we have OBEs we perceive things so that we may understand them better and it may be different for each person. It's amazing to me how God created it that way because even though we each see things differently, we still are able to interact with people. You may see them one way, while they see you in another way.

As far as possession of the body I don't think its possible. Your consciousness is linked to your body until absolute death. This is why some see a silver cord. It can not be detached by anything but death of the physical body.

thanks for the reply guys, but yeah do most people see the silver cord when astral projecting?

thanks for the reply guys, but yeah do most people see the silver cord when astral projecting?

Never have.

Hi.

I've been trying this for a few weeks now, I've read most of this post and some others so I'm kind of up-to-speed with the terminologies..

I've never astral projected before, at least I've not consciously made an effort to.

I've started off with meditating on self & the essence of me, and seem to go through what I'm terming as 2 levels of vibrations or awareness.

The next level, I'm guessing, is the one where you are supposed to exit, the real intense one..

I hit that level about a week ago, and fear held me back, I botched the exit.. Then to make matters worse we had quite a big earthquake while I was sitting there trying to calm myself down and I was quite confused as to what was really going on and what world I was in. As it turned out it was a real earthquake, not a astral one, if that makes sense..

Since then I've not had much success, the vibrations come just as intense but I keep thinking 'earthquake' so it's kind of backs away. Am still trying, night after night.. Baby steps..

Anyways, that's just background..

My big question is, is it normal to start feeling these dropping into vibrational states during waking/physical daily life? because it's starting to make be feel a little uncomfortable..

Edited by Professortaylor

Hi.

I've been trying this for a few weeks now, I've read most of this post and some others so I'm kind of up-to-speed with the terminologies..

I've never astral projected before, at least I've not consciously made an effort to.

I've started off with meditating on self & the essence of me, and seem to go through what I'm terming as 2 levels of vibrations or awareness.

The next level, I'm guessing, is the one where you are supposed to exit, the real intense one..

I hit that level about a week ago, and fear held me back, I botched the exit.. Then to make matters worse we had quite a big earthquake while I was sitting there trying to calm myself down and I was quite confused as to what was really going on and what world I was in. As it turned out it was a real earthquake, not a astral one, if that makes sense..

Since then I've not had much success, the vibrations come just as intense but I keep thinking 'earthquake' so it's kind of backs away. Am still trying, night after night.. Baby steps..

Anyways, that's just background..

My big question is, is it normal to start feeling these dropping into vibrational states during waking/physical daily life? because it's starting to make be feel a little uncomfortable..

Are you feeling vibrations spontaneously?

Are you feeling vibrations spontaneously?

Yes... Well, come to think about it it seems to arise when I'm relaxed/not doing much.

Edited by Professortaylor

The vibration is related to energy / energy body being activated either way. When it happens to me, it happens usually during meditation or when i am doing energy work or i walk into a place that has a certain frequency of energy. And it often happens to people who are trying to project as well because changes are taking place energetically as the energy body/subtle bodies are activated (by intention and shifting awareness to these bodies) for work. Kundalini was one possibility that made me think of why it should happen spontaneously when you are just relaxing.

This is for anyone to try who gets the vibrations.

One thing to test or play about with to see if its clairsenteince, is in getting some quartz crystal. Hold a piece in your hand and see if you can feel the energy field of the stone come into your energy field. Move the stone slowly around your field, about 4 - 6 inches from your body and then again, on one side of you about 2 - 3 foot and bring it inwards gently. (The torso area around your heart and middle and sides are good spots) See if you can feel the layers of your energy field through the stone. It feels like a magnetic resistance like you are holding magnets together, between the crystal and your energy field. Or, like you are pressing against the surface of a balloon. Its springy yet firm. It can be felt as a heat coming in or even cold. When you get good at it you can do it without the crystal and feel these things and layers with just your hands.

ETA - Try swapping hands and find out which hand is your receiving hand and which is your transmitting, most people are left hand receiver, right hand transmittor, but not always. Also try it with holding a quartz in each hand and think of trying to feel the resistance between the 2 stones. holding your arms out very far apart, at arms length and holding them there while, focusing on feeling the layer of your energy field between them is another way to develop feed back.

Another one is to hold some copper, like divining/dowsing rods, make sure they are copper though and see if they amplify what you feel, the vibrations. You can also try holding copper or quartz/any crystal to your brow where your third eye is and feel exactly where your third eye is. It's a penetrating sensation like you are point a laser onto your brow.

If you do all these things between when you feel normal and when you feel the vibrations, you will notice a night and day difference and it shows how much the vibration is tied into a higher frequency of awareness and activation of your subtle bodies. Under these conditions you feel more about the subtle layers of other things, than the material density of them.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Some people presume you may only astral project when you are lying down/ in chair ect, in fact you may astral project anytime and in any place. The only difference is the level of consciousness that you project with:

For example: If you are projecting in everyday life then you "may" not be able to reach deep levels of projection where as if you are lying down in a quite dark room, you might have a greater chance of achieving your goal.

If your having the vibrations at random time it may just be that you are new to astral projection(just like me ;)) and that your consciousness is not as clear as what it would be without achieving altered states..

Hopefully some of that made sense :)

Thanks.. It's starting to make sense. :)

Now if only I could find my two lumps of qwartz hiding somewhere in the house.. <_<

Mmmm, wonder if I can sense where they are. :huh:

Yes... Well, come to think about it it seems to arise when I'm relaxed/not doing much.

Explaine how your vibrations feel to you?

Explaine how your vibrations feel to you?

Upper bodyhead. Like a washing machine on high-spin, only very well balanced.

I get a buzzing/hissing as well, similar to hypertension, only short lived, as in once I've noticed it it's faded away..

It hasn't happened today, I've dropped coffee from my diet, kind of hopeing that's what it was.

I've read up on Kundalini yesterday, and can understand why blu3 de 3n3rgy edited the origional post on this.

Am I correct in assuming that quartz is a grounding chrystal? I brought one today and got this very nice sense of heavyness?

apparently Smoky quartz is grounding. Only I brought the normal-clear quartz.

Upper bodyhead. Like a washing machine on high-spin, only very well balanced.

I get a buzzing/hissing as well, similar to hypertension, only short lived, as in once I've noticed it it's faded away..

It hasn't happened today, I've dropped coffee from my diet, kind of hopeing that's what it was.

I've read up on Kundalini yesterday, and can understand why blu3 de 3n3rgy edited the origional post on this.

Am I correct in assuming that quartz is a grounding chrystal? I brought one today and got this very nice sense of heavyness?

apparently Smoky quartz is grounding. Only I brought the normal-clear quartz.

I don't know much about crystals :( i used to. I got very interested as a child but dropped it when my Christian aunt came at me bible thumping.

I'm worried about strong spontaneous vibrations. It's happened to me, but only during very specific events, when guides wanted me to follow something or an emergency.

It's also a symptom of some nural problems. Altered states can be caused by lots of things. Yes even medical problems... you may want to see a sleep specialist. Strong spontanious vibrations can also be a symptom of narcolepsy or even epelepsy.

• Like 1

Been trying to engage in astral projection for a few nights now, although all I ever seem to do is fall asleep.

I've slept, eaten and drank before I tried engaged, although still falling asleep.

Any tips or advice guys?

Edited by Thinking Twice

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked