Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Ever heard of Akashic records/?

That sounds a lot kundalini. Which I have zero experience with.

That's possible. I thought it may be that... I wasn't paralyzed at all, and I was pretty alert of my surroundings.

Edited by human_eraser

Ever heard of Akashic records/?

Yes, but I don't know a lot about it. Could you explain it more?

Edited by Limeade Lily

Yes, but I don't know a lot about it. Could you explain it more?

It's where all the information in the universe is stored.

Question: For those here that have experienced vibrations, where do they usually start for you?

Hi,

Usually when I'm meditating/trying to have OBE the vibrations sort of rise up through me. I can't really place my finger of where they actually start, I've just always assumed it came from outside of my body.

Recently though I had vibrations come in from the right side of my head & last night it kind of started from my forehead..

Edited to add, I've only been doing this for a month, just answering what I know with little experiance.

Edited by Professortaylor

Yes, is kinda what I am wondering, if it is possible to either live out a separate timeline and then come back to this one, or jump to another timeline permanently.

Edited to add: I just looked up cosmic ordering and law of attraction, and yes I guess they could apply. I was thinking more along the lines of Wayne Dyer too.

You can visit timelines, experience things in the past or future, or the possibilities of where things are headed right now. And even more rarely experience actually living for a period of time of a few days/weeks --- when only a few hrs in earth time passed in your sleep. Getting to experience these things is part of the greater journey, the closer you get to 'awakening' the more of this you begin to experience and learn from.

This paragraph can cover IMN's question too.

You have probably heard people referring to the akashic records and great libraries, and this is one method popularly talked about in how to experience or recall your own timeline / soul memories. The concept holds the idea that there are 'dimensional pockets/convare belts of rings' in the universal consciousness that hold the records and timelines of everything. The concept is shaped by similarly told stories shared over vast amounts of time, eras and across cultures of an experience where one melds with their soul source and receives downloads of the knowledge, memories and time lines that they are 'allowed' to access for that lifetime. What a being goes on to do with this info is another story, it's not immediately accessible on return, most recall the experience but not what was downloaded, but they have the memory of the download taking place.

The next step of the journey then is to 'awaken' on the "3d" level so that the higherself consciousness can become integrated with consciousness at this level and begin the process of integrating the knowledge held on the higher self/soul source level. Meditation and projecting becomes the tools and purpose to access the higher self level and embody everything you truly are. When i experienced this, I perceived a spinning convare belt of rings which i was melded with, I have no words to explain what time, speed and distance mean anymore after this lol, because the rings (consciousness) moved at such an incredible speed, that i saw how consciousness equals or is the matter of light, nothing moves faster than light and light contains knowledge aka consciousness its a convare belt of things that just blow my little mind out of the water. What i saw was that "time" and time lines are really just a flow of consciousness and it is circular, no ends to it, it just rotates and spins and flows infinitely. Conciousness is the cement of our universe and our being, we are living and breathing it and it is the fabric that everything is interwoven into, includ time. I downloaded so much per second ( like 1000 years of knowledge per second ) that had my ego consciousness experienced this is in my physical brain, i would have blown circuits and myself to smithereens lol.

Law of attraction -

There is what people talk about a co creative level of consciousness, where you are what you intend, your intentions become and shape your reality. So if you are emotionally stable and in control (emotions equal energy and intention) and balanced and centred in your being, and aligned with good intentions/ agendas/ path, then the reality you create and order will reflect in all these components.

If your emotions control you, or your thought processes loop and control your emotions and mental state, keeping you in a low destructive energy pattern, or if you are unbalanced and off centre in your being, and aligned with malicious intentions/agendas/ path, the reality you are creating and ordering will reflect in all these components

The astral levels or certain dimensions actually teach us how to accord ourselves and learn about all this, because your state of being, your emotional state, your intentional state etc will shape and determine the experiences and levels you are allowed to access or not allowed to access. Not everyone gets to access certain things or places or dimensions, because of the baggage they carry and either refuse to face or deal with.

Hey. Sorry if I haven't posted in awhile. I've been lurking.

Just thought I'd share my experience today. It was crazy, I initiated vibrations in like 10 minutes. I really wasn't expecting anything, I wasn't trying to initiate them. I was pretty surprised.

Question: For those here that have experienced vibrations, where do they usually start for you?

I was doing chakra work. Since when I meditate, I get a tingly feeling in the brow chakra, I moved that tingly feeling up to the top of my head, then shot it down my spine. Boom. Vibrations started in my groin area.

No presleep or anything...

You have learned to feel and move energy through your chakra system and open the path ways :tu: The root chakra governs the groin area. The reason why the energy shot down to your root when you moved it up from your crown is because as the energy exits the crown it comes back down feeding into the pathways on the spine, back down through the body and chakra system, and re -enters into the root - it is a circuit which it needs to complete. And if it is able to complete it means no blockages.

From there you can pull the energy up from your root, and flow it into the next chakra which is the sacral, and let it sit there for a while, then pull it up into the solarplexus and so on, move the energy all the way back up to the top to complete the next circuit. After a bit of practise, you can start to begin to pull earth energy up into you through your feet chakras and universal energy into you through your crown and circulate and mix them all in the exact same way. Doing all this allows you to ground, clear blockages, heal, send energy across distance, and wake up your sensory perceptions to your energy /astral body. Just by doing this you can use it as a projecting method as well, with third eye engaged.

Question for bLu3, as you seem to be the person to ask, but I'll take advice from anyone.

I stumbled across chakra work a little while ago, while meditating, and didn't really know what was happening, and it was actually quite a fright. I've noticed that I have the ability to sit, relax, focus, and raise these vibrations, seemingly at will. Although I get to a certain point and feel I must stop. I believe it's fear of the unknown. When I do this, my vibrations start in my root, and I can focus/relax, and raise them slowly to my crown. When they reach my crown, it feels like a giant vortex is pulling into my head. (Like someone pulled the drain-plug on the top of my head, and water is swirling into my body - I use water as a metaphor because I hear the sound of 1000 waterfalls while this happens.) It's always at this point where I feel my perspective pulling to one side, normally the right, like my awareness is pulling to the side. This is always where I stop, as I feel I'm afraid of what will happen next.

I want to be able to tell myself to stop worrying, and just go with it, and take on the passive observer perspective, but it's pretty wild!! It's a very intense feeling and all that slow buildup of a faint buzz to 1000 waterfalls make me wonder "what could be next?!"...

Any advice, anyone can share, would be greatly appreciated.

Question for bLu3, as you seem to be the person to ask, but I'll take advice from anyone.

I stumbled across chakra work a little while ago, while meditating, and didn't really know what was happening, and it was actually quite a fright. I've noticed that I have the ability to sit, relax, focus, and raise these vibrations, seemingly at will. Although I get to a certain point and feel I must stop. I believe it's fear of the unknown. When I do this, my vibrations start in my root, and I can focus/relax, and raise them slowly to my crown. When they reach my crown, it feels like a giant vortex is pulling into my head. (Like someone pulled the drain-plug on the top of my head, and water is swirling into my body - I use water as a metaphor because I hear the sound of 1000 waterfalls while this happens.) It's always at this point where I feel my perspective pulling to one side, normally the right, like my awareness is pulling to the side. This is always where I stop, as I feel I'm afraid of what will happen next.

I want to be able to tell myself to stop worrying, and just go with it, and take on the passive observer perspective, but it's pretty wild!! It's a very intense feeling and all that slow buildup of a faint buzz to 1000 waterfalls make me wonder "what could be next?!"...

Any advice, anyone can share, would be greatly appreciated.

Next is exit. :)

When I do this, my vibrations start in my root, and I can focus/relax, and raise them slowly to my crown. When they reach my crown, it feels like a giant vortex is pulling into my head. (Like someone pulled the drain-plug on the top of my head, and water is swirling into my body - I use water as a metaphor because I hear the sound of 1000 waterfalls while this happens.) It's always at this point where I feel my perspective pulling to one side, normally the right, like my awareness is pulling to the side. This is always where I stop, as I feel I'm afraid of what will happen next.

Yep you are feeling your energy flow and path ways from root to crown, good work.

That's a good sign with feeling a vortex pulling into your head. That is your crown chakra open and receiving/streaming/connecting. Really from this state onwards you could project, do energy work, shift into your higher consciousness (projecting also) Are you doing anything at this stage to ground out thru the root ? if not direct the energy out through your root into the ground/earth like a grounding cord. That will stabilise the intensity a little and it does not take away from any of the energy you flowing. Just completes the circuit and balances the energy distribution through out your chakra system.

Here are some images i looked out for you and anyone else who experiences this -

energycircuit.jpg

energyfield2.jpg

subtlebodies3-1.jpg

I particularly like this one because it shows what i have directly experienced and seen for myself. Note the rings and how they extend out and connect the chakras to the subtle bodies and dimensions.

energyfield5.jpg

I agree with Seeker, an exit would next. :tu:

• Like 1

First off, thank you for taking the time for giving advice, and for searching for/posting the pictures. Both of you, bLu3 and Seeker, are amazing people. I always have considered myself to be a helpful person, extending to others, etc... but you two take it to a whole new level. I think I can speak for most here on UM, and say your help is greatly appreciated, and thank you both for your dedication to others.

I'll be honest, I feel like an idiot. I never gave it a thought that these vibrations I felt could be the same vibrations mentioned while attempting AP. I'm new to being a member to UM, but not new to the forums. I've read a lot about ap, on here, and some other places(this is by far the best resource I've found - I think becuase of the updating, troubleshooting, and personal experiences, etc). But, I guess I always associated AP with sleep, because of the methods. When I would try presleep method, I would just fall asleep, everytime. I've tried the 4am method, same results. I can fall asleep just about anywhere, so I was pretty disgusted after trying these methods, not knowing any others, and not even being able to feel the vibrations. At this point, didn't really give up, just focused more on my meditation practice. When I started focusing more on my meditation is when I started to realize these vibrations, and didn't really have a clue as to what they were. Since then, I've raised them, but was always apprehensive about raising them to the point they were. I have meddled a little, with it, but have not made it a practice. Seems now is a good time to start focusing more on it!

As for the grounding, I really didn't know what I was doing, or what I should have been doing, or even what was happening... and when my crown chakra was open, I was too busy having my socks blown off by the 1000 waterfalls pouring into my head, to take notice. Question on this: Is it better to wait until I reach open crown, then ground, or should I be continually grounding as I raise the vibrations?

Again, thank you for your help.

• Like 1

As for the grounding, I really didn't know what I was doing, or what I should have been doing, or even what was happening... and when my crown chakra was open, I was too busy having my socks blown off by the 1000 waterfalls pouring into my head, to take notice. Question on this: Is it better to wait until I reach open crown, then ground, or should I be continually grounding as I raise the vibrations?

I would like to know this too. I have only felt the vibrations a few times, but wonder if I need to concentrate on increasing them? Or should I take the opportunity to ground? Which would be more beneficial for AP? The few times I have felt the vibrations they were not feeling like energy being poured in to my head so much as my being pulled out of it. But every time I have felt them I was trying to meditate to keep myself awake, or I was completely asleep and feeling them in my dreams (an entirely weird experience)

Conciousness vibration and the "1000 water falls" is a powerful indicated that you are almost there.

• Like 1

I would like to know this too. I have only felt the vibrations a few times, but wonder if I need to concentrate on increasing them? Or should I take the opportunity to ground? Which would be more beneficial for AP? The few times I have felt the vibrations they were not feeling like energy being poured in to my head so much as my being pulled out of it. But every time I have felt them I was trying to meditate to keep myself awake, or I was completely asleep and feeling them in my dreams (an entirely weird experience)

IMO, yes, you need to concentrate on increasing them... it's different than that though. You dont just concentrate, and they increase... it's more of an "allow them" to increase, almost as if you are trusting them, and submitting to them... it's very hard to explain.

I will read over my dream/meditation journal and find what I wrote after my experience above, as well as meditate, and try to narrow down how I do it. It may help you, becasue for me, it wasn't as easy as just "sitting down and waiting for vibrations"... I "allow" them to increase...

• Like 2

IMO, yes, you need to concentrate on increasing them... it's different than that though. You dont just concentrate, and they increase... it's more of an "allow them" to increase, almost as if you are trusting them, and submitting to them... it's very hard to explain.

I will read over my dream/meditation journal and find what I wrote after my experience above, as well as meditate, and try to narrow down how I do it. It may help you, becasue for me, it wasn't as easy as just "sitting down and waiting for vibrations"... I "allow" them to increase...

That is a great way to put it. I always think of it as diving into them.

Again, thank you for your help.

Thanks for the comments concerning this thread :tu: and welcome to the fold.

Now grounding, I personally ground first now before doing anything else. It's the first step to take as it clears and secures you.

Think of your grounding cord like dropping an infinite bungee rope from your root, with an anchor on the end, straight into the earth. It's ok to let it go all the way to the core. If you look at the last picture out of all the diagrams posted before, it shows a visual representation of what you have experienced with your crown. The vortex. And if you look closely you can see the vortex with a cord is mirrored below the feet into the ground. Likewise when running energy through you, and you are grounding, you may feel things in your root, legs and feet. Typically warmth and if you are grounding some very dense energies out, i tend to feel the actually pull quite solidly. Anyway, once you have used your intention to ground, you can relax about that and focus on your crown or the raising the vibrations. You do not have to keep constant attention of grounding to keep grounded.

Hey Blu3 I pmed you on bi-location and was wondering about the specifics on that...Ive had experiences while I was awake of seeing and hearing 'people' in front of me that I thought were alive on the astral plane inviting me to 'meet' them physically somewhere. But I wondered if it was actually the afterlife visiting me after all, and wondered if people can travel the plane of existence during your waking state on the astral plane?

Ive had a hard time understanding whether it was a trick or not...because I thought you have to physically be somewhere to actually travel to see people when thier awake. Am I right by seeing real living people actually telling me they want to meet me and believing them?

This makes perfect sense. Basically, like the second picture you posted(and the last, if you could see it blown out a bit), I'd be completeing the torus...

I dabbled, today during my lunch break, and while I was raising them I focused on expelling NRG out, into the earth. My feet got very warm, like you mentioned, so I'm guessing it worked, but there was no pulling, or any vortex feeling in my root or anything. I didn't get to go thru with opening the crown, because I was interrupted... but I probably wouldn't have went thru with it anyways, becuase I wasn't quite sure if I was grounding properly. At least I know it worked, and now I feel confident to proceed. Wow... looking back at the passed year.. synchronicty has plagued me and I had only caught a small sliver of it.... makes me wonder what else I'm overlooking. I think I'll have to take a front row seat, and watch :yes: . Thanks for your help, bLu3..

I'll keep everyone posted with progress, and see if I can't add pointers on how I raise vibrations.

sorry i should have explained myself

but about a year ago , i was listening to my music in my bed as you do, done it many times but this time i felt like i was jolted to the left and then i got startled and sat up , never thought anything of it , thought it just my mind like when you feel like youre falling etc etc . then last week same sort of thing happend but it was more intense and shook me up. so i looked on the internet and i found out about astral travel and i read up alot on it (litterally a whole night) and 2-3 days ago and i gave it shot using this technique thats posted on the start of this thread, first night i spent about 2 hours trying and all i got was twitching in eyes and my arms felt weightless and apart of me is thinking it was just my mind tricking me. last night however i did it again and this time i was more tired and i really really wanted it to work and then i started like vibrating as you say but my whole body was shaking , less than 10secs but i didnt hear anything at all so im just wondering if it was astral travel or my mind tricking me ? so yeh im a newbie any advice will be brilliant , thanks in advance :)

Edited by SamErin

sorry i should have explained myself

but about a year ago , i was listening to my music in my bed as you do, done it many times but this time i felt like i was jolted to the left and then i got startled and sat up , never thought anything of it , thought it just my mind like when you feel like youre falling etc etc . then last week same sort of thing happend but it was more intense and shook me up. so i looked on the internet and i found out about astral travel and i read up alot on it (litterally a whole night) and 2-3 days ago and i gave it shot using this technique thats posted on the start of this thread, first night i spent about 2 hours trying and all i got was twitching in eyes and my arms felt weightless and apart of me is thinking it was just my mind tricking me. last night however i did it again and this time i was more tired and i really really wanted it to work and then i started like vibrating as you say but my whole body was shaking , less than 10secs but i didnt hear anything at all so im just wondering if it was astral travel or my mind tricking me ? so yeh im a newbie any advice will be brilliant , thanks in advance :)

I'm a newbie too, so please don't take my advice an run with it... I'm sure others will weigh in... but it sounds like it could be AP vibrations. For me, when I raise these vibrations and they really start to amp up, my entire body feels like a giant tuning fork(its not a physical body shake, it's more of a very very small shake, but very rapid. Like every single cell in my body is vibrating all at the same frequency.) I doubt that I physically vibrate, but I dont know that for sure. I'm never on the outside, looking in... I'm on the inside, well... still looking in. The weightlessness sounds right, but depends on your perception of weightlessness. I tend to feel numb, like my conciousness is, for lack of better term, "disconnectiong" from my physical sense of touch. Much like when your legs go numb when you sit on them for too long in an awkward position. That could also be viewed as weightlessness, I suppose.

Also, the sense of falling, if I'm not mistaken, has been linked to AP, from someone on here, before. Someone will have to back that up though, because I've never experienced it with my vibrations.

The sound you will hear is quite distinct, too. Keep in mind that vibration is sound, and vice versa. When I raise mine, I hear a sound similar to the sound you hear when you stretch in the morning, or yawn, when external sounds drown out . Like you can hear blood rushing through your veins. Like a waterfall. Although, I'm sure everyone has a unique perception of this sound.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

The water fall is a good analogy. I also use jet engine. Some people experience a loud helicopter like noise. I'm fairly certain you don't vibrate physically. But sure feels like it. Especially when they are running up your legs. Sounds like everyone is makeing progress.

If your vibrations are in your lower extremities and you can move them to your head or relax and let them over take you, you will hear the "1000 waterfalls" once it gets to your head. Exit before. If you let them totally overtake you you will slip into intense and very vivid dreams different than ap and probably not lucid.

• Like 1

@b randomly , cheer for the responce and now you mention it i hear like blood rushing but its not loud, how long does it take you to get to vibrating stage?

The water fall is a good analogy. I also use jet engine. Some people experience a loud helicopter like noise. I'm fairly certain you don't vibrate physically. But sure feels like it. Especially when they are running up your legs. Sounds like everyone is makeing progress.

If your vibrations are in your lower extremities and you can move them to your head or relax and let them over take you, you will hear the "1000 waterfalls" once it gets to your head. Exit before. If you let them totally overtake you you will slip into intense and very vivid dreams different than ap and probably not lucid.

You can litterally move the vibrations? can you give me the best peice of advice for getting it to work for your view? i really want it to work !

You can litterally move the vibrations? can you give me the best peice of advice for getting it to work for your view? i really want it to work !

Just follow the tutorial and be consistent and trouble shoot here.

Yes, with practice you can move them around and do some pretty amazing things with them.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked