Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

again yesterday i tried to AP and this time the different thing that happened was , i felt as if i was nodding my head sideways , kinda of like swinging - happenned twice - dont know if that is a sign of getting close to AP or just bodily reaction

one thing for sure whenever i try to AP - i always reach stage of numbness in whole of body but somehow i still could not visualize projecting or feel outside body

First post! Have been visiting this site recently to learn about AP, and I have to say it certainly offers and explanation for some of my experiences, so here goes...

I'll be very open here. I smoked weed for many years, and this is how it started. My friend and I both decided to quit at around the same time, and on the days where we wouldn't smoke, we would both experience VERY intense dreams, very real dreams. One night after a particularly intense (and frightening!) dream I jolted awake in my bed. Shortly after, I dozed off again, although when I woke up, only my mind was functioning! This is the first (and only) time I have experienced sleep paralysis. I was freaking out, trying to shout and even punch myself to wake up, but I just could not move my body an inch. Just then, I experienced the rushing noise in my ears, and my head started to spin. It felt as though I was being dragged upwards, spinning all the time. This lasted a few minutes before I snapped out of it.

Few weeks later I was talking to another friend who said he too had experienced this before (this is how I discovered AP, I searched the net to see what might cause these episodes...and ended up here!)

After reading through the forums I realised what I had stumbled upon! But it wasn't til I really thought about it that I realised I had done this before! When I was a child, I can clearly remember one 'dream' where I was at the top of my stairs, and there were 3 dark, hooded figures, all chained together. I would freak out and bolt downstairs to my parents bed as fast as I could, only I wasn't running, simply floating down the stairs and through the house!! This dream happened several times when I was young, and the experience had the same feel to it as my sleep paralysis incident (floating, spinning etc)

Anyway, I have decided to give this a real try again, as some of your stories are truly fascinating. I would love to project consciously and learn - about myself, the world, everything! Off to sleep now, to begin my training if you will!

Welcome. We will help in whatever way we can.

What would you suggest for making my dreams more conscious? I seem have no problem remembering them the next day, but when im in them I can't 'click' and switch on if you know what I mean? Cheers

What would you suggest for making my dreams more conscious? I seem have no problem remembering them the next day, but when im in them I can't 'click' and switch on if you know what I mean? Cheers

Hi HillWATP, welcome to the club.

Wish I could help, but I'm still at the remembering dreams stage of learning..

What I've learned so far is a key to making them more conscious is to know you are having one, that said, knowing familiar dream themes is key as is eventually you'll click to understanding that you are dreaming. Google "Lucid dreaming", and you'll find a wealth of info to sink your teeth into..

Hey prof! Yeah I've done my research on lucid dreams, very interesting! I've had dreams before where I have realised I'm actually in a dream, but I can't do it on purpose yet. Just last night I dreamt I was running home to grab my stuff for work because I was running late, but I was moving very slowly and couldn't speed up no matter how hard I tried! Also, I was in bare feet and the ground felt very hot :s

It wasn't til I woke up however that I realised this was a dream...I think if I could lucid dream successfully this would give me a solid starting point towards astral projection, yes/no?

It wasn't til I woke up however that I realised this was a dream...I think if I could lucid dream successfully this would give me a solid starting point towards astral projection, yes/no?

As far as I am aware, Yes. (I'm not speaking from experiance here)

I think it was Seeker who mentioned in one of these posts that all you need to do to make the jump from Lucid dreaming to Astral Projection is to simply say/wish in the dream "I want to go back to see my body" or something along those lines.. But that's just one means of going out of body. Another way is through Meditation. I'm kind of trying both methods at the moment because I think they're both related & complimentary or perhaps catalytic when combined.

Yeah seeker's posts are a great help! I'll keep trying the lucid dream method if I can, although another thing I've noticed is that these dreams are much more powerful and clear if I've woken up during the night then went back to sleep, so Im planning on setting my alarm an giving it a bash. Thanks for the help people!

Hey guys, i also like astral projecting, i think it is a good way to find many answers.

Personally i've had only one experience of this kind, and after that none, i don't know why, just can't really concentrate on leaving my body behind.

A few months back i was trying to go to sleep and i was listening to this sick dubstep tune (how silly, right?), so there is this part in the song where it gets really wobbly (RUF - Want some crack? is the name of the song, this is only to understand the wobbly term) and i started feeling numb then i realised that i was about to project myself. The vibration started, i was focusing on it and then i just got very scared, my heart started pumping like crazy, adrenaline rush i guess. Well it ruined everything.

But now, i get like really high, but i mean really really ****ed up, and vibration is much easyer to achieve in that state. The only problem is that i vibrate and lose my focus so everything gets f'd up, but i can do it like 3 times a night.

I am trying to perfect my method, will surely come back with results.

As far as I am aware, Yes. (I'm not speaking from experiance here)

I think it was Seeker who mentioned in one of these posts that all you need to do to make the jump from Lucid dreaming to Astral Projection is to simply say/wish in the dream "I want to go back to see my body" or something along those lines.. But that's just one means of going out of body. Another way is through Meditation. I'm kind of trying both methods at the moment because I think they're both related & complimentary or perhaps catalytic when combined.

I have OBE through a dream state as a child . Never been able to since .. I mainly OBE while meditating , but I do not know that I have till after . It comes natural so I do not know how to suggest a method for someone else .

• Like 1

One common thing people do is to develop a cue, like for some people they want to look at their bed to see their body there. Other people try to switch on the light. Now for me my cue was not one i set or made for myself consciously, but it became my cue in the beginning to indicate when a dream had gone astral. It sounds really weird lol but I would be cued in because i would always have certain things associated with my astral body or 'soul' - Some sort of device and a weapon depending on what level i was on. What would happen is i would go to use the device like say a camera and find that i couldn't get it to work. The moment i hit the button expecting it to work it wouldn't, and then everything would shift in a really really weird warpy way. I would then "remember" that this was not a dream, and i would shift into a higher perspective and the astral experience would continue on with me this time being conscious of it. Other times the device would be a phone or a laptop and i would have only so much time to use it before the warp/bending thing would start and render it useless. I still haven't worked out what that is about exactly, because everything is communicated telepathically in dreams and astral. I actually experienced using the internet in an astral dream recently, via a hand-held device that doesn't exist, only does in the astral plane. I projected into the internet from that one and I have to say the construct of the internet on the astral4d planes is like a virtual 3d world. I was only in the scape of it for a couple of mins before i woke up but it's like seeing the matrix of it all over again, and I'm not going to say anymore because that's part of the "awakening experience" to start perceving the holographic constructs instead of just the pretty woven fabrics that overlay :tu:

Interesting experience to explain! This spans two days, I will try to explain it in chronological order.

It all started two nights ago, when I woke up in a weird, sort of dazed state. It was something between a night terror and sleep paralysis. I have never suffered from a night terror, nor have I had an uncontrolled sleep paralysis in quite awhile, especially one when waking up. Everything was sort of blurry and confusing, I tried to scream, I heard a scream, but I think I hallucinated the noise because no one in my family got up, not even my dog. Right after the "scream" in this blurred and dazed state, everything sort of "snapped" back into place. While contemplating this weird experience, my Dad woke up and went to bathroom (didn't come to my room or anything). I then remembered he told me once that when I was younger, I would always wake up at EXACTLY the same time as him. It might be genetics, but it's still pretty cool. I just thought "huh, cool" and then went back to bed. While I was sleeping, I had the weirdest dream ever. It's hard to explain: Basically I was in control of this large "grid." And I could morph the lines of the grid to any 3D shape.

Flash forward to last night. It was horrible, I was hot and sweaty, I couldn't sleep at all. Somehow, I remember having a spontaneous OBE. Whether this OBE was a lucid dream or and actual OBE, I don't know, because I have no recollection of entering or exiting my body. Everything before and after the OBE is a blackout. I will explain my OBE though.

From a blackout, I realized I was standing by the edge of my bed. I'm like "Oh, I'm having an OBE!" And the thing is, everything was so clear. Extremely clear. I remember thinking "Make it clearer please!" and it was like a high def TV. (The thing is though, in my mind right now it's fuzzy. I can't explain it. I remember it being so clear though.) It was twilight blue outside, and my room had the same "look" as it did when I had an OBE when I was a little kid. I've had a few as a young child- I just didn't know what it was until recently. This is one of the main reasons, along with three episodes where I woke up (regained consciousness from sleeping) on the other side of my room and got sucked back into my body after I freaked out (before I knew what AP was-I thought it was an alien abduction :P), why I believe Astral Projection is a real, valid out-of-body experience and not something created in the brain. (I believe it's also possible to have a lucid dream where you feel like you are out-of-body though)(My Kundalini experience earlier also helps). Anyway, I was sort of fooling around in my room in my OBE. I remember consciously creating a projection of my friend, but it was sort of like a dummy and it disappeared right after I created it. I also tried to fill my room with projection dummies (with random people) and when I tried to do that, my room sort of "sparked up" (hard to explain) and I could see my room crowded with projections (attractive female projections, by chance :P)(the last time I let my 'biological' urges get in the way of an OBE, I came face to face with my shadow/the guardian, so I'm glad that didn't happen), but I guess I couldn't concentrate enough and they disappeared shorty, just like my friend. This goes to help the AP cause, because in a LD you can pretty much create characters and they become a life of their own. Anyway, I was getting sort of bored (but wasn't really losing concentration) so I decided I wanted to teleport to a friend's house. My friend lives in a different state, and I know what the house looks like but not the area in general, so I thought I could use the house as a "waypoint" and get myself acquainted with the area.

I was feeling pretty confident because I created the projection dummies, so I decided to visualize myself walking "into" a mental picture of my friend's house. However, it didn't work, and I lost concentration quickly and blacked out.

I don't remember waking up (I may have been up for too short of a time to remember) or I may have just lost consciousness, falling back "asleep." Or, it may have been a dream the whole time. There are arguments for both. It didn't feel like a dream though, I have to say. But it IS weird I don't remember exiting (vibrations, anything). As I said before, I have gained consciousness out of body before, but I woke up after every time. (bLu3 de 3n3rgy and seeker or anyone else, maybe you can shed some light on this).

I remember having a regular dream that night also, it was sort of like 2 nights ago. I don't remember it that well. I remember that this dog would come and all the dogs in the neighborhood (including mine) would follow it. I got a really bad vibe from this dog. I could just sense it before I heard it barking, and I got mad at it because my dog followed it. (Pretty weird) Ironically, in the dream I had a discussion with my Dad. (at the end I think but I'm not sure-not my real Dad, of course :P)

EDIT:

Woah! Just read that bLu3 de 3n3rgy post last page! What's with the dogs? :P

Edited by human_eraser
  • Like 1

Cool!

Thanks for mentioning the dog's too, It made me go back and re-read Blue's post jogged my memory of something..

I had some theta level visualisations last night. First was very grainy, a picture within a picture of 3 pyramids merging into one. (reminded me of Blue's 3 mountains.) so I thought I'd post it. The 2nd was super HD chystal clear of a lioness stalking in dry grass. I remembered that you can kind of dive into these, engage in them to go Astral, but all I managed to do was think "here kitty kitty" and by then it was gone.. Jeesh..

• Like 1

Interesting experience to explain! This spans two days, I will try to explain it in chronological order.

It all started two nights ago, when I woke up in a weird, sort of dazed state. It was something between a night terror and sleep paralysis. I have never suffered from a night terror, nor have I had an uncontrolled sleep paralysis in quite awhile, especially one when waking up. Everything was sort of blurry and confusing, I tried to scream, I heard a scream, but I think I hallucinated the noise because no one in my family got up, not even my dog. Right after the "scream" in this blurred and dazed state, everything sort of "snapped" back into place. While contemplating this weird experience, my Dad woke up and went to bathroom (didn't come to my room or anything). I then remembered he told me once that when I was younger, I would always wake up at EXACTLY the same time as him. It might be genetics, but it's still pretty cool. I just thought "huh, cool" and then went back to bed. While I was sleeping, I had the weirdest dream ever. It's hard to explain: Basically I was in control of this large "grid." And I could morph the lines of the grid to any 3D shape.

Flash forward to last night. It was horrible, I was hot and sweaty, I couldn't sleep at all. Somehow, I remember having a spontaneous OBE. Whether this OBE was a lucid dream or and actual OBE, I don't know, because I have no recollection of entering or exiting my body. Everything before and after the OBE is a blackout. I will explain my OBE though.

From a blackout, I realized I was standing by the edge of my bed. I'm like "Oh, I'm having an OBE!" And the thing is, everything was so clear. Extremely clear. I remember thinking "Make it clearer please!" and it was like a high def TV. (The thing is though, in my mind right now it's fuzzy. I can't explain it. I remember it being so clear though.) It was twilight blue outside, and my room had the same "look" as it did when I had an OBE when I was a little kid. I've had a few as a young child- I just didn't know what it was until recently. This is one of the main reasons, along with three episodes where I woke up (regained consciousness from sleeping) on the other side of my room and got sucked back into my body after I freaked out (before I knew what AP was-I thought it was an alien abduction :P), why I believe Astral Projection is a real, valid out-of-body experience and not something created in the brain. (I believe it's also possible to have a lucid dream where you feel like you are out-of-body though)(My Kundalini experience earlier also helps). Anyway, I was sort of fooling around in my room in my OBE. I remember consciously creating a projection of my friend, but it was sort of like a dummy and it disappeared right after I created it. I also tried to fill my room with projection dummies (with random people) and when I tried to do that, my room sort of "sparked up" (hard to explain) and I could see my room crowded with projections (attractive female projections, by chance :P)(the last time I let my 'biological' urges get in the way of an OBE, I came face to face with my shadow/the guardian, so I'm glad that didn't happen), but I guess I couldn't concentrate enough and they disappeared shorty, just like my friend. This goes to help the AP cause, because in a LD you can pretty much create characters and they become a life of their own. Anyway, I was getting sort of bored (but wasn't really losing concentration) so I decided I wanted to teleport to a friend's house. My friend lives in a different state, and I know what the house looks like but not the area in general, so I thought I could use the house as a "waypoint" and get myself acquainted with the area.

I was feeling pretty confident because I created the projection dummies, so I decided to visualize myself walking "into" a mental picture of my friend's house. However, it didn't work, and I lost concentration quickly and blacked out.

I don't remember waking up (I may have been up for too short of a time to remember) or I may have just lost consciousness, falling back "asleep." Or, it may have been a dream the whole time. There are arguments for both. It didn't feel like a dream though, I have to say. But it IS weird I don't remember exiting (vibrations, anything). As I said before, I have gained consciousness out of body before, but I woke up after every time. (bLu3 de 3n3rgy and seeker or anyone else, maybe you can shed some light on this).

I remember having a regular dream that night also, it was sort of like 2 nights ago. I don't remember it that well. I remember that this dog would come and all the dogs in the neighborhood (including mine) would follow it. I got a really bad vibe from this dog. I could just sense it before I heard it barking, and I got mad at it because my dog followed it. (Pretty weird) Ironically, in the dream I had a discussion with my Dad. (at the end I think but I'm not sure-not my real Dad, of course :P)

EDIT:

Woah! Just read that bLu3 de 3n3rgy post last page! What's with the dogs? :P

I do think you were OBE. I don't have much for you other than I think you are enbarking on the long journey of learning to control yourself OOB. I have said this before. Being as young as you are and as articulate and aware. I am expecting great things from you.

Cool!

Thanks for mentioning the dog's too, It made me go back and re-read Blue's post jogged my memory of something..

I had some theta level visualisations last night. First was very grainy, a picture within a picture of 3 pyramids merging into one. (reminded me of Blue's 3 mountains.) so I thought I'd post it. The 2nd was super HD chystal clear of a lioness stalking in dry grass. I remembered that you can kind of dive into these, engage in them to go Astral, but all I managed to do was think "here kitty kitty" and by then it was gone.. Jeesh..

This thing with the 3 pyramids merging into one means something - i have had that vision before, it's not random. Just keep that noted as it meaning something for later. As does seeing the lioness (feline) LOL it is symbolic.

What colour was the pyramids ?

Basically I was in control of this large "grid." And I could morph the lines of the grid to any 3D shape.

:P

This part stands out to me. Note this for later - Basically perception wise you are seeing/experiencing the "energetic constructs". Basically there are grids, I see them, not everyone does, some call it holographic or use the holographic theory to try explain it.

The part about waypoints is useful as well. Know this - once you have made a waypoint, You can jump back to that point as a shortcut next time.

All in all i think you did experience astral projection.

This thing with the 3 pyramids merging into one means something - i have had that vision before, it's not random. Just keep that noted as it meaning something for later. As does seeing the lioness (feline) LOL it is symbolic.

What colour was the pyramids ?

The shape of the pyramids merging hapenned within a rectangular frame, made me think of American money, minus the spooky eye..

As for their colour, I really don't know, the picture was built of static, but, perhaps light brown.

The shape of the pyramids merging hapenned within a rectangular frame, made me think of American money, minus the spooky eye..

As for their colour, I really don't know, the picture was built of static, but, perhaps light brown.

There is a lot of specific things you are getting through your meditations, alt states. Your perceptions at the level you are connecting at are pretty good and clear as well, nothing is random with what you are seeing. Have you worked out what part of you, you're connecting to when you see these things ? I also think you are a natural medium or that is your strong point way into all this.

They seem random, to me anyway. I mean random as in something that I havn't created myself.. I wasn't thinking of pyramids or Big cats, these were just things that popped up in front of me, or, within me. The Pyramids, when they appeared made me think "is that atlantis? nah, it's not."

I don't think I've worked out which part of me I'm connecting to either. It's bordering somewhere before sleep/wake I quess, theta level (to give it a crude scientific name) Am getting plenty of practice, but don't want to rush this and make mistakes or wrong turns.

Your Medium thought has jogged a memory or two, LOL.. Think I'll look into that a bit more.

Thanks.. :)

• Like 1

I remember having visions like Prof T's, a little while ago, maybe a few months back. I've seen a few different things, on a few occasions(I'll share, below). I would always document them in my journal, but didn't really pay them any attention as I thought they were just random brain happenings. I'm glad this came up, otherwise, I would have continued to overlook them.

An old Native American woman who told me "It does not look good for your kind" (then left out a giant belly laugh, but was not menacing... almost like she had just told a joke).

I often had a woman who would gaze at me, as well. Younger, around my age(25). Strikingly beautiful. I had a feeling that she was waiting for me, but not quite sure why.

Also a tendril that was sticking out of the ground. It would straighten out, then curl up. It did this a few times, then it morphed into a millipede, and continued straightening, and curling.

It's really difficult to have these happen for any extended period of time. Whenever I notice them, they disappear instantly. Seems I have much work to do. Thank you, everyone, for giving me another direction to persue!

• Like 2

Yep to you both, when i say not random, what i mean is you are connecting and seeing stuff that is not just random stuff generated by your imagination, it's beyond that. You are connecting with your higher consciousness and these symbols and visions come from that aspect of you, the work you need to do is on putting it into a context that is still "the truth" but comprehensible. That is the goal of any channeller/ medium :tu:

Both of you need to from now on just trust what you get and take notes even if it doesn't make sense now, later on you will be glad to have that to look back on and discussion on it. The idea is not to put meaning or doubt to anything, no matter how much the ego wants to. And feel free to continue posting the bits and pieces you get, it's incredibly interesting to be able to recognise certain threads and pieces.

• Like 2

You are connecting with your higher consciousness and these symbols and visions come from that aspect of you, the work you need to do is on putting it into a context that is still "the truth" but comprehensible. That is the goal of any channeller/ medium :tu:

Both of you need to from now on just trust what you get and take notes even if it doesn't make sense now, later on you will be glad to have that to look back on and discussion on it. The idea is not to put meaning or doubt to anything, no matter how much the ego wants to. And feel free to continue posting the bits and pieces you get, it's incredibly interesting to be able to recognise certain threads and pieces.

Am not sure I understand this?

I have put the Pyramids into a context that is to me a comprehensible truth.

What do you then mean by not puting meaning or doubt into anything, no matter how much the ego wants? Do you mean, not doupting the information or source?

I have put the Pyramids into a context that is to me a comprehensible truth.

:tu:

I meant, whilst receiving the info, just let it flow without interrupting it with doubts or meaning.

• Like 2

Thanks.

May I share this context/meaning?

It's not about me in person, it's more a world event.

Yep to you both, when i say not random, what i mean is you are connecting and seeing stuff that is not just random stuff generated by your imagination, it's beyond that. You are connecting with your higher consciousness and these symbols and visions come from that aspect of you, the work you need to do is on putting it into a context that is still "the truth" but comprehensible. That is the goal of any channeller/ medium :tu:

I could not agree more

• Like 1

Thanks.

May I share this context/meaning?

It's not about me in person, it's more a world event.

Sure, go ahead :tu:

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked