Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread


bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Recommended Posts

I can get into a state where I see an optical illusion where it looks like I'm zooming into objects that are in my field of vision and stuff like that, but the biggest problem is that my mind is to used to involuntarily correcting itself when I do stuff like that.  I really need someone to help me find ways to get around this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I have been able to close my eyes and see myself fly through the air and see groups of people congregating and beautiful landscapes and horrific accidents since i was in my thirties. Went to the rim of no return but chose to not go there. I can do it every night if i want. Just curious if anyone else has the ability to do it at will while fully awake, just with my eyes shut

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

They is some crystal that help achieve astral projection.

Edited by The Eternal Flame
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

Have a question regarding my AP this morning.  

So every time I've AP'd, thus far, which isn't many.  Two that I was not aware of, and look back and realize that I was.  And 1 that I purposefully did.  All 3 of those times, reality was hyper-realistic.  My surroundings were exactly as they should be.  I will say that the time I purposefully exited, I was on my couch, and all I did was sit at the end of the couch, at my feet, and meditate, while a familiar dog was sitting in front of me growling with its hackles up.  So I didn't really get up to check anything out, except for the room I was in at the time.

Well, this morning, it was as if I projected into a dream.  My house was my house, but it was "dream altered".  And what I mean by that is that it was still my house, but everything was slightly "off".  The living room was larger, the kitchen smaller, and rearranged.  The bedroom was backwards.  When I walked outside, it was COMPLETELY different.  It was more of a beach house, on stilts, in the middle of a very small cove.  (I live in PA, so there are no oceansaround me).

I guess the question is... is that normal?  Its almost as if I projected into a dream-state, rather than an AP.  I will say that it was definitely beneficial, regardless.  Learned a good bit, and am sifting through the rest.

Also, just another small question.  Do our higher selves manifest themselves into things to interact with us?  I was joking with my daughter, earlier in the AP about a flounder that was on the ceiling about it being a "chordless fish", we laughed together, and she went off to explore.  Later in the AP, I looked up at the fish, and asked it a question, and it popped off the ceiling, and said she was my higher self.  It was feminine in nature(voice).  And quite frank/terse, when talking to her(kind of like a slight New England accent).  She mentioned that I had to pay attention to the Siddha.  I know I've heard the word before, but couldn't remember what it meant.  Looking it up it means "a person who has achieved spiritual realization".  She also said that I wouldn't see her again, which in the moment was a little worrisome, and she answered something along the lines of "why should you have immortality/immunity?", and then I woke up.  
 

Any insights would be appreciated 
 

BR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi B..

 Looks like you've had some pretty good connection to that hyper realistic place. I personally cant say I've been there as often as you. It's crazy cool how the memory of when I've felt most awake was when I was asleep. But to answer your question, rightly or wrongly, I think it's pretty normal. And to answer your other question (and I certainly ain't no Siddha) I do believe our higher selves speak through our dreams. In saying that though, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to define the "higher self" because of recent and not so recent events..

To explain a bit without getting into my own personal journey, I'm learning to consider other interactions with other outside influences as part of the higher self. Other people, creatures, spirits and influences are all part of or agents of the higher self, not just in dreams. Well..... that was a big part of today's lessons for me anyway. And also, considerations and comprehensions of past experience being a metaphor to assist with future understanding.. In other words, what you don't understand now may very well be the final piece of a puzzle you'll be working on in years to come and that piece will fit with ease.

Hope this helps..

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely, it helps.  I always appreciate your opinions, because they always have a way of making me consider things I never thought about.

Your second paragraph makes perfect sense.  I know it sounds weird to say that "outside influences are agents/parts of higher self", but that makes perfect sense, if we are all interconnected on a spiritual level.

"And also, considerations and comprehensions of past experience being a metaphor to assist with future understanding.."  <-- this.  I've had a lot of this recently.  I've taken a little bit of a hiatus, and have recently had signs telling me "get your head back in the game!"..  I've perused my old dream journal, and stumbled upon things I've read about in the past when I had started my journey... every so often I get this surge of Love and understanding as I recall old truths that I haven't though about in a long time.  And what's really funny is, some of them aren't even my truth anymore.  They were, and at the time helped me, but now my understanding has grown, and now I see things in a different perspective.  I'm sure I'll look back at this moment, and think the same thing.

Great to hear from you Prof T.  I hope things are going great for you.  Happy Holidays my friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 4:13 AM, DaneClark said:

I can get into a state where I see an optical illusion where it looks like I'm zooming into objects that are in my field of vision and stuff like that, but the biggest problem is that my mind is to used to involuntarily correcting itself when I do stuff like that.  I really need someone to help me find ways to get around this.

Well it’s not optical. Internal work negates the what happens on the outside, yet a lot of time it offers interference. The solution to your problem is to have a task and stick to it. Those mental wondering don’t have time to manifest if you stay singularly focused. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

It’s time to reboot this thread. I have been doing some interesting stuff, I’ll be blogging about it and linking here. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, White Crane Feather said:

It’s time to reboot this thread. I have been doing some interesting stuff, I’ll be blogging about it and linking here. 

Hope you are still going to do that. Looking forward to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, White Crane Feather said:

It’s time to reboot this thread. I have been doing some interesting stuff, I’ll be blogging about it and linking here. 

Can I send you some video content that I used for relaxation? I found they helped me dream if I used them before going to bed. I just don't like posting youtube videos publicly because of data collection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I absolutely agree that this thread needs to be rebooted.

Is there anything we can do, within this thread that is still “on-topic”, that is similar to the points needed to be conveyed?… 

Could we treat it like an AMA, to people who have projected, to get a conversation going?  Or maybe something else, that someone thinks could start a pretty deep conversation?
 

I know, for me in particular, this thread was the lifeblood of my journey.  Chiefly blu, and White Crane Feather (AKA Seeker79), and a fellow youngling(at the time in similar mindset to me) Professor T, were instrumental in me following, following through, and realizing the bounds of my consciousness.  I am forever indebted to all of them, and will always cherish the sage advice they gave me.
 

This is the main reason I don’t want this being a different thread.  There’s so much wonderful advice in this thread that I feel it’s all “interconnected” in some way.

I recall sitting up, late at night, pouring through this thread learning everything I could, and eventually becoming part of the community.

Please feel free to chime in on advice/ questions/etc to keep this thing going.

BR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really loved this thread way-back-when i first discovered the old thread before this one..

And there's lot's of interesting-crazy stuff out there in the dream and astral space.

So... .. .... ..

I guess, to keep this going, sharing a few experiences would help. but to be honest, for me the deepest experiences are few and far between. The fully lucid ones I mean. Most experiences are difficult to comprehend or put into words or even to integrate let-alone explain to others. but that's not to say that they're not something to be dismissed as nothing at all, which sadly appears to be peoples most common response to the stuff that goes on when ones eyes are closed. I think that is why these threads have died, though lack of genuine inquiry or sincerity.

There's lots of great advice here, lot's of techniques that have worked and probably a lot of fiction to. It used to frustrate me how people would flippantly remark about "Astral Stuff" that was strait out of that text book idea of what it is.. Truth is, I guess, that we all have our own ideas and experiences of it. And look upon it from different angles and perceptions that shape it differently. I see it as a personal journey, not a group thing. and for me, it's been nothing like the text-book ideas of the Astral, yet similar. And I somehow feel there's a lot I've not been shown.  

What I wish, is that everyone who gives it a go would stick with it long enough to have that breakthrough. Too many get frustrated after a week, a month.. lol:lol:, and give up after a few months and vow that it's all fake and become bitter towards it----Or worse----fake a breakthrough to save face/ego and in doing so destroy honesty to self..  It took me years to have my first true lucid WTF moment when I realized I was finally doing it. And even now those kind of experiences are maybe 12-13 times a year or less.. lol:lol:, I'm currently on Volume 25 of my Dream Journal which has semi consistently been a 2b6 hard-covered lecture book, or to put it in a different context, around 4500 pages of dreams and dream drawings spanning a decade. And I'm still barely scratching the surface. That's the kind of level of dedication or discipline it takes for someone in their late 40's to scratch the surface. 

So.. ... yeah, I'm still here.

one eye on this thread.. the other on the Crypto markets.

 

B Randomly.. :nw:Bro, I think you've nailed it with the " interconnected in some way" remark. Ive noticed now that I only seem to check in on these old threads after you've commented/posted and I'm instantly compelled to log in and darn near channel a response as if the whole darn world will read it.

Feels like I'm being summoned. :lol:   what is thy bidding.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just found this thread (I think, don't remember it) and I started astral traveling when I was a kid.  I didn't know that was what was happening until I was older and read a novel about a girl who knew things and got in trouble all the time because people didn't believe her.   One chapter the girl knew her grandfather was dying so she astral traveled to him 200 miles away and talked to him before he died.   That made me think about trying that myself.  By then I knew I was going somewhere, but didn't know if it was dreams or imagination.  I decided to have my cousin help me experiment to see if I could control where I went.   Back then long distance telephone calls were expensive and we were kids so we were not allowed to call each other.  We wrote letters back and forth every week so I set up a time and date and asked her to think about me.  On that date on the time set I imagined walking outside the house to a hole in the pavement that had steps going down, I went down the steps, walked a ways to steps going up, walked up the steps and found myself in my cousins yard.  I went through the kitchen door and I saw my Aunt making fudge.   My cousin who was the older brother of the cousin I wrote to came in and walked past her to the living room where a younger sister was on the phone with her friend.  He took the phone from her said "goodbye" and hung it up.  The sister yelled at him.  He went on to his room.   I walked through the house looking for the cousin I wrote to and did not find her.  

I wrote to her and described what I saw.  She said she had forgotten and gone to a football game with her boy friend.    That at least told me I got one thing right.  She wasn't home.   The rest was normal behaviour for all of the people I did see.  After that I traveled around looking at places I wanted to go.

I have read a few books and articles on astral travel and I suppose I am not typical.  Never had any buzzing or vibrating, just knew I could leave my body  and did when I wanted to. 

When I was in 5th grade some boy on the playground at school say "If you dream you are falling and you land then you will die"   I told him he was wrong because at that time I would find myself falling and land back on my bed.  It was a physical feeling of landing with a "whump" onto the bed.  My body would jerk as if I had landed.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Professor T said:

What I wish, is that everyone who gives it a go would stick with it long enough to have that breakthrough. Too many get frustrated after a week, a month.. lol:lol:, and give up after a few months and vow that it's all fake and become bitter towards it----Or worse----fake a breakthrough to save face/ego and in doing so destroy honesty to self..  It took me years to have my first true lucid WTF moment when I realized I was finally doing it. And even now those kind of experiences are maybe 12-13 times a year or less.. lol:lol:, I'm currently on Volume 25 of my Dream Journal which has semi consistently been a 2b6 hard-covered lecture book, or to put it in a different context, around 4500 pages of dreams and dream drawings spanning a decade. And I'm still barely scratching the surface. That's the kind of level of dedication or discipline it takes for someone in their late 40's to scratch the surface. 

So.. ... yeah, I'm still here.

one eye on this thread.. the other on the Crypto markets.

 

B Randomly.. :nw:Bro, I think you've nailed it with the " interconnected in some way" remark. Ive noticed now that I only seem to check in on these old threads after you've commented/posted and I'm instantly compelled to log in and darn near channel a response as if the whole darn world will read it.

Feels like I'm being summoned. :lol:   what is thy bidding.

 

 

I specifically didn't include everything you said, although it all resonates with me, personally.  If anyone would like to talk more about it, please feel free.

My whole "goal" with this, is generally your first sentence.  I can recall myself feeling this exact thing... "I've been meditating and dream journaling for x amount of time, and nothing has happened."... but I've trusted in myself, my intuition, and the advice of others on here that have added up to my current understanding.

 

For anyone that's been practicing in any capacity, please stick with it.  I can only say to look to your past, and realize the path that has lead you to where you are.  You are interested in this for a reason.  I know, for myself, that this was the case.  I've had defining happenstances that happened in my life that guided me(unbeknownst to me, at the time) to exactly where I am at this time.  (I'd be happy to go into this, if anyone is interested.  It spans my whole life, from when I was around 5-6 years old.  This, I'm sure, is not a prerequisate, but if it interests anyone, I'd be glad to share.)  I've always felt, in my heart, that I was destined to achieve something that was different from the "normal".

Prof T... :)  Hope you're doing great, and so very happy to hear from you, once again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2021 at 3:34 AM, Desertrat56 said:

*edited for space*

I have read a few books and articles on astral travel and I suppose I am not typical.  Never had any buzzing or vibrating, just knew I could leave my body  and did when I wanted to. 

When I was in 5th grade some boy on the playground at school say "If you dream you are falling and you land then you will die"   I told him he was wrong because at that time I would find myself falling and land back on my bed.  It was a physical feeling of landing with a "whump" onto the bed.  My body would jerk as if I had landed.

Fascinating read DesertRat. Thanks for posting.

Do you still do it? how often?

For me, the vibrations are intense, usually accompanied by a swirling squelching in the mind-space. The way I figure it if you feel the vibrations it's because it's taking a lot of effort. where-as if you don't, it's more an effortless thing because it more natural to you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Professor T said:

Fascinating read DesertRat. Thanks for posting.

Do you still do it? how often?

For me, the vibrations are intense, usually accompanied by a swirling squelching in the mind-space. The way I figure it if you feel the vibrations it's because it's taking a lot of effort. where-as if you don't, it's more an effortless thing because it more natural to you. 

This is my understanding, as well.  I’ve heard of people having the vibrations early on, then later, after having practiced for years, see it more of a phase or consciousness shift.  Rather than the vibrational crescendo to exit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Professor T said:

Fascinating read DesertRat. Thanks for posting.

Do you still do it? how often?

For me, the vibrations are intense, usually accompanied by a swirling squelching in the mind-space. The way I figure it if you feel the vibrations it's because it's taking a lot of effort. where-as if you don't, it's more an effortless thing because it more natural to you. 

Not purposefully anymore.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the above.  The vibrations, initially i believe, signals the edge of that space between. Not necessarily that liminal space nearing the hypnogogic. but the able space where your consciousness is capable of crossing that bridge so to say. Interestingly enough, I've had many dreams where I've experienced earthquakes and realized that my personal conditions are right to lucid dream or delve a little deeper. And sure enough, a hour, maybe a day later I've broken through. 

 

Edited to add, it's always an effort for me. yet there are times when it's not..

Edited by Professor T
a little clarity.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Professor T said:

I agree with the above.  The vibrations, initially i believe, signals the edge of that space between. Not necessarily that liminal space nearing the hypnogogic. but the able space where your consciousness is capable of crossing that bridge so to say. Interestingly enough, I've had many dreams where I've experienced earthquakes and realized that my personal conditions are right to lucid dream or delve a little deeper. And sure enough, a hour, maybe a day later I've broken through. 

 

Edited to add, it's always an effort for me. yet there are times when it's not..

This conversation reminds me of a book I read in the 80's by Shirley McClain.  I can't remember the title (she wrote several) but she went to south america and it was cold and she did a meditation in a hot spring pool and left her body but saw a silver chord from her heart chakra to where she was above her body.  She did not describe the vibration either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She must have been Calm.. Relaxed.. with No fear, perfectly balanced like a spinning top..

 

Me.. Wonky.. Bracing for the unknown.. Balanced like a bent and slightly ovoid Tyre on a bike speeding downhill without breaks.. lol :lol:  a perfect recipe for Vibrations and earthquakes..

 

*Edited to add: I need to meditate more.

Edited by Professor T
a little more clarity.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Professor T said:

She must have been Calm.. Relaxed.. with No fear, perfectly balanced like a spinning top..

 

Me.. Wonky.. Bracing for the unknown.. Balanced like a bent and slightly ovoid Tyre on a bike speeding downhill without breaks.. lol :lol:  a perfect recipe for Vibrations and earthquakes..

 

*Edited to add: I need to meditate more.

Maybe you need some relaxation meditation.   It helped me a lot when I was in my 30's and so stressed I had no neck.   My daughter's friend had this meditation tape for kids that her mother made her listen to every night (the  mom was a lunatic, she was the one that needed the meditation).  I listened to that tape with the kids several nights when we were traveling together and the vacation was a nightmare, because, like I said that woman was a lunatic, but when I got back to work everyone commented on how relaxed I looked.   I tried to find that tape but never could find a copy of it.   I just remember the last thing the person on the tape said was "Remember, you are good enough."  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I learned a couple cool techniques a few weeks ago. Meant to post em but I’ve been busy. 
 

Anyhow this one is meant to go for that mind awake body asleep stage you can get into right before the vibration. 
 

Lay down. Go through whatever meditation you use to get completely relaxed. Then start counting down from say 1000. Soon as you start having trouble remembering the next number, Stop counting. Some part of your brain has fallen asleep. Now just concentrate on your breathing till that vibe comes. Should only take a minute or so from there. 
 

Good luck and happy travels. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked

Thread cleaned. Folks lets leave off with any topic bashing or discussing each other please. Keep the conversation on topic and constructive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unlocked
On 8/10/2021 at 5:01 PM, preacherman76 said:

I learned a couple cool techniques a few weeks ago. Meant to post em but I’ve been busy. 
 

Anyhow this one is meant to go for that mind awake body asleep stage you can get into right before the vibration. 
 

Lay down. Go through whatever meditation you use to get completely relaxed. Then start counting down from say 1000. Soon as you start having trouble remembering the next number, Stop counting. Some part of your brain has fallen asleep. Now just concentrate on your breathing till that vibe comes. Should only take a minute or so from there. 
 

Good luck and happy travels. 

I’ll have to try this.  I don’t really have a “technique”.  I hear vibrations always.  Mainly what I think people call “tinnitus”.  I’m always aware of it, but haven’t ever been able to use it until recently.

most of my occurrences happen in the middle of the night.  I’ll “wake” to a perfect mind space and understand that it’s a great place for vibrations, and surrender to them, amping them up until I can roll out.  I almost feel like the vibrations wake me up.  If that makes sense.

It’s very similar in both instances.  Except for one I’m aware the entire time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Last night, I had a mind-challenging occurrence.  I woke to the perfect mind space and exited(OBE).  

Had a bit of OBE experience, then shifted back to my physical body.  I was a little bummed out, because I had an intention set that was not fulfilled.  Then I relaxed myself again, and transitioned(without vibrations) back to OBE. This happened at least 4 times.

I feel like it was more of a “walk, don’t run” experience.  My intention was to meet my guide(s).  
 

All that I came out of it was that “lucid dreaming/obe is the same”. There were some other smaller points during the occurrence, that were highly beneficial, too, but seem to pale in comparison to the actual lesson I learned.

Thanks for listening,

Br

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.