Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

4 hours ago, Frank_Hoenedge said:

Do you guys agree that the magnetic field and quantum phenomena Make it possible?

I do know that my daughter has some pigeon element in her brain as she can always tell which way is north, even in a cave.  So I believe we do get information about magnetics, we just usually ignore it, and some, like me, don't get it and can't tell which way is north without land marks.   There is so  much we don't understand about how our brains work or why some work differently than others.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have experienced AP, even learned to go where I wanted or check on someone not knowing where they were.    I don't do it much anymore.   

Did you ever experience the negative entities in the astral plane that some people speak of? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Did you ever experience the negative entities in the astral plane that some people speak of? 

Yes.   But I figured out that standing up to them, telling them no disempowered them.  No fear.   Our biggest fears being in a human body are for physical pain so in the astral nothing can hurt your body, but if you don't pay attention it can manipulate you.   It takes a lot of pratice recognizing those entities but once you realize the only tool they have is fear you can get rid of them easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 12:45 AM, Guyver said:

It’s too bad AP is not a thing around here anymore.  I’m fascinated by it.  But, since I have fears I can’t do it.  The thing is that I trust one old timer on this forum like me called Iron Ghost.  He could do it.  I may have have it once or twice but couldn’t enter in.  I have had some lucid dreams, and those were amazing. A close friend has also had lucid dreaming, so I believe it.  I think I believe in AP as well, but I can’t explain it.

Yeah Iron Ghost was awesome. His ouija board stories were legendary. 

All the good AP posters are gone accept a small handful that only post once in a while. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello, 

I am new here but not new to the ability to AP very easily. I found out about this ability as a child afraid of the dark and all the crazy entities in my house growing up. I learned leaving my body was a way to escape the sounds, ghosts and whatever else was around in my childhood home. I found the fear took me out of my body and would float up above my body. It was an almost nightly thing for me and back then as an eight year old the feeling was freeing. I can go into detail of why I did this but I would rather explain the how. It begins for me after waking up in the middle of the night to set my body back to sleep but keep my mind awake and aware. Some refer to this as sleep paralyses. The feeling is of dread and panic but once you let the feeling go and you own the power to sit up, float up or exit this state and all the dread goes away.  I don’t look back at myself I move about my house going forward and out the window. It’s so much detail I am leaving out but the point is. AP is very real and we all have this power but most don’t get past the fear of the first phase. It’s freeing, calming and can be achievable. You can go to different places and experience amazing things. I am not very good at explaining my journey but want to share AP has been a part of my life for a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ZeldaQ said:

Hello, 

I am new here but not new to the ability to AP very easily. I found out about this ability as a child afraid of the dark and all the crazy entities in my house growing up. I learned leaving my body was a way to escape the sounds, ghosts and whatever else was around in my childhood home. I found the fear took me out of my body and would float up above my body. It was an almost nightly thing for me and back then as an eight year old the feeling was freeing. I can go into detail of why I did this but I would rather explain the how. It begins for me after waking up in the middle of the night to set my body back to sleep but keep my mind awake and aware. Some refer to this as sleep paralyses. The feeling is of dread and panic but once you let the feeling go and you own the power to sit up, float up or exit this state and all the dread goes away.  I don’t look back at myself I move about my house going forward and out the window. It’s so much detail I am leaving out but the point is. AP is very real and we all have this power but most don’t get past the fear of the first phase. It’s freeing, calming and can be achievable. You can go to different places and experience amazing things. I am not very good at explaining my journey but want to share AP has been a part of my life for a long time. 

I'm sorry that you had such a frightening child hood.    I was spontaneoulsy astral traveling when I was very young as well, but it was not because of fear of what was going on around me.   It was just something that happened.   I didn't figure out what it was, just thought I was having weird dreams, though I knew some things I didn't know, got accused of listening at keyholes (that's how old I am), etc.   Then I read a book about a girl who knew things and got in trouble for it all the time, accused of stealing because she knew where her classmate lost her ring, etc.   Then her grandfather got sick and she would astral travel to his bedside to be with him because he lived 200 miles away.   That gave me the idea to experiment, I wanted to prove what I was doing.  I enlisted my cousin who lived about 200 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the opposite experience.  I did AP once when young, but when I saw myself leaving the planet at such a high rate of speed, I became afraid, and jolted myself back into my body.  I’ve never been able to do it again since.  I’ve had lucid dreams, but not the same thing as AP.

• Like 2

Its actually painful that AP AT can not be at all proven not to be just dreaming albeit vivid.

29 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its actually painful that AP AT can not be at all proven not to be just dreaming albeit vivid.

Yep, it’s one of those things which would be extremely easy to prove if it were real.

Just have someone provide information about somewhere they AP’d to, which would be impossible for them to know otherwise.

The fact that no one has ever done that is enough for me to consider AP as nothing more than vivid/lucid dreams.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

I had the opposite experience.  I did AP once when young, but when I saw myself leaving the planet at such a high rate of speed, I became afraid, and jolted myself back into my body.  I’ve never been able to do it again since.  I’ve had lucid dreams, but not the same thing as AP.

I have a similar story. I was 18 and stoned and I felt my spirt leave my body. I could see the top of my head and the two girls either side of me, the room and even the dust on top of the TV. I panicked and rushed back in and have never been able to replicate AP ever since. Sad !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Yep, it’s one of those things which would be extremely easy to prove if it were real.

Just have someone provide information about somewhere they AP’d to, which would be impossible for them to know otherwise.

The fact that no one has ever done that is enough for me to consider AP as nothing more than vivid/lucid dreams.

Years back before the net i read books on the subject talked to people who made claims and like you say this one very much could be proven and i dont mean the peusdo proof believers have but real proof. Like with psychics for about 40 years ive challenged them to simply tell me my grandmothers name if the gift were real it should be easy but nope.

I met a few very kind sincere folks who did want to test so to speak the idea, one fellow made claims of visiting my home on an AT he described things very well the problem was he didnt nail not one specific his explanation was he visted my home in his mind what his mind made my home to be.

Can you just imagine if AP/AT was real the total world chaos it would cause no one would be safe. Thankfully this phenomenon exists in the believers mind and not a thing wrong with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I have a similar story. I was 18 and stoned and I felt my spirt leave my body. I could see the top of my head and the two girls either side of me, the room and even the dust on top of the TV. I panicked and rushed back in and have never been able to replicate AP ever since. Sad !

I had a buddy he sadly passed years back but he claimed to have i guess what i wouldnt call a gift but rather talent. He was an alcoholic so each night he would drink until he basically passed out he was also a bit of a dog, he claimed he could dream vivid of a girl he had been oggling online right before crashing out,  he knew at 1st it wasnt real.

Since he wasnt ever really sober those last few years he honestly didnt know what girls he really hooked up with vs dream lovers, to him it was all real in his memory. For example he would honestly believe he hooked up with a specific girl in real life when it was only fantasy memory of a dream, weird stuff really.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

On 8/30/2022 at 2:37 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Yes.   But I figured out that standing up to them, telling them no disempowered them.  No fear.   Our biggest fears being in a human body are for physical pain so in the astral nothing can hurt your body, but if you don't pay attention it can manipulate you.   It takes a lot of pratice recognizing those entities but once you realize the only tool they have is fear you can get rid of them easily.

How naive. 

You've just been dealing with the hit dogs and the scarecrows of your own fears. You haven't crossed any line yet. 

6 minutes ago, CuriousEye said:

How naive. 

You've just been dealing with the hit dogs and the scarecrows of your own fears. You haven't crossed any line yet. 

Yeah, like you know anything.   Are you just needing to feel superior?   Have fun with that.   You don't know anything about what I have been dealing with or what lines I have crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, like you know anything.   Are you just needing to feel superior?   Have fun with that.   You don't know anything about what I have been dealing with or what lines I have crossed.

Not my intention to be rude. It's simply that astral travelling is not something to tread lightly. When I read people who claims that what may occurs while running errands on the astral plane holds no physical harm or toll to the body, it made my blood boils. They simply don't know about they're talking about.

Dabbling for a long time in subtle planes doesn't necessarily means you hold an adequate insight into their very nature.

• Like 1

Just now, CuriousEye said:

Not my intention to be rude. It's simply that astral travelling is not something to tread lightly. When I read people who claims that what may occurs while running errands on the astral plane holds no physical harm or toll to the body, it made my blood boils. They simply don't know about they're talking about.

Dabbling for a long time in subtle planes doesn't necessarily means you hold an adequate insight into their very nature.

I am not going to go into my experience but I do know about the astral plane, what I posted was supposed to be a warning, but maybe I worded it incorrectly.  Fear and arrogance both can get similar results.   If you mess around in the astral (as well as the physical to an extent) you have to know who has the power, no astral being can take you out or even go home with you if you don't allow it.   But if you are naive, like you accused me of being, you can fall for all kinds of things.   Your hopes and fears are used against you, and that is also true in the physical plane as well as the astral.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am not going to go into my experience but I do know about the astral plane, what I posted was supposed to be a warning, but maybe I worded it incorrectly.  Fear and arrogance both can get similar results.   If you mess around in the astral (as well as the physical to an extent) you have to know who has the power, no astral being can take you out or even go home with you if you don't allow it.   But if you are naive, like you accused me of being, you can fall for all kinds of things.   Your hopes and fears are used against you, and that is also true in the physical plane as well as the astral.

Might I daresay "Amen" to that. 

• Like 1

@Desertrat56 Topic taken aside, my apologies for my irksome attitude. I have... a tendency to went berserk when it goes down to this one peculiar topic.

Bad memories. And not just the astral and dreamy ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CuriousEye said:

@Desertrat56 Topic taken aside, my apologies for my irksome attitude. I have... a tendency to went berserk when it goes down to this one peculiar topic.

Bad memories. And not just the astral and dreamy ones.

I kind of get an attitude too.   I am not always good at communicating my understandings.    I am sorry you have had some bad experiences.   I have had some experiences that scared me when I was young, but somehow I figured out how to protect myself, though I was not always protected.   A lot of my weirdest experiences were with army remote viewers.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I kind of get an attitude too.   I am not always good at communicating my understandings.    I am sorry you have had some bad experiences.   I have had some experiences that scared me when I was young, but somehow I figured out how to protect myself, though I was not always protected.   A lot of my weirdest experiences were with army remote viewers.   

Yeah, I fully abovestand you.

There has many vets on this website who were ex-experimentees from these government backed military or intelligence projects, I noted. And some who are not so "ex", I noted too: the perks and cons of a forum who dabbles in parapsychology and the bizzare is that none only it draws on a lot of attention from the ultraskeptical trolls and the zany folks, but increased monitoring by some people, groups and entities too. Sometimes, not the conventional way around.

One of these vets even attempted to astral figure out what I looked like behind the screen, once. For being too talkative and knowledgeable about some topics, I guess.

Didn't like it. Spying or stalking on me is OFF-LIMITS. And the less technology based it is, the more it p***es me off. So, it allowed me, however, to mimic that ability and track back some silly cyberbullies from another forum who were having fun trying to wage misery and discord on me and my public life peers: scaring the souls off of them by lowkey semi-doxing their exact locations and whereabouts over the past years, so I guess that I somewhat owe a little... thanks to the old stalker?? 

Still, my uncle somehow sensed it too and he berated me for frequenting this forum. I guess he gave a little remote visit to the guy...

Edited by CuriousEye

• 7 months later...

Wow surprised to see this and see this subject with positive feedback. B)

I did a course and got close but apart from looking around my room with my eyes still closed, (more third eye but still) haven't really achieved it.

I understand the negative or fear stuff, we tend to associate fear and aliens in the same sentence because of the ramming of the "No control abduction, aliens are always evil propaganda".

So little to no experience with OTB, but a lot of experience with ghosts and negative entity's.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 4:35 PM, CuriousEye said:

Yeah, I fully abovestand you.

There has many vets on this website who were ex-experimentees from these government backed military or intelligence projects, I noted. And some who are not so "ex", I noted too: the perks and cons of a forum who dabbles in parapsychology and the bizzare is that none only it draws on a lot of attention from the ultraskeptical trolls and the zany folks, but increased monitoring by some people, groups and entities too. Sometimes, not the conventional way around.

One of these vets even attempted to astral figure out what I looked like behind the screen, once. For being too talkative and knowledgeable about some topics, I guess.

Didn't like it. Spying or stalking on me is OFF-LIMITS. And the less technology based it is, the more it p***es me off. So, it allowed me, however, to mimic that ability and track back some silly cyberbullies from another forum who were having fun trying to wage misery and discord on me and my public life peers: scaring the souls off of them by lowkey semi-doxing their exact locations and whereabouts over the past years, so I guess that I somewhat owe a little... thanks to the old stalker?? 

Still, my uncle somehow sensed it too and he berated me for frequenting this forum. I guess he gave a little remote visit to the guy...

Interesting.   I have not invited anyone to "view" me, so they can't.   However a couple of times I have been challenged to prove myself by telling someone what they look like or what is in the room they are in.   I don't because there is no reason to prove anything, and I don't flit around looking for people any more.   It is as disrespectful as peeking in someone's window uninvited.   And even though those challengers invited me, they did it from an attitude of disrespect.

48 minutes ago, parafish said:

Wow surprised to see this and see this subject with positive feedback. B)

I did a course and got close but apart from looking around my room with my eyes still closed, (more third eye but still) haven't really achieved it.

I understand the negative or fear stuff, we tend to associate fear and aliens in the same sentence because of the ramming of the "No control abduction, aliens are always evil propaganda".

So little to no experience with OTB, but a lot of experience with ghosts and negative entity's.

I have considered why some who try can't and thought that it usually has to do with fear, but there also may be an element of "not what you are here for".   If it isn't easy to do you probably should turn your attention to something else.   Some of us started with spontaneous OBE as children and it was very confusing.   Then we encountered books or some one who told us what was happening and we either decided to experiment with it or leave it alone.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...