Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First 'Santa friendly chimney' created

Still Waters

A young boy’s fears that his new house would not have a chimney big enough to fit Father Christmas has led a Cotswold builder designing one of the world’s first Father Christmas-friendly chimneys.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cluey

• willowdreams

• xScorpinix

• Fluffybunny

while this is sweet, i have to wonder.. i just saw on worlds dumbest.. a man who tried to enter a house through the chimney and got stuck.. and caught.

that chimney? they would not get stuck... its like portable hand held safes.. to keep your precious stuff.. sure they lock things in.. and are fireproof.. but now a robber can just pick em up and go away away away with them to open at a hidden place.

I guess the kid was never taught about the part of Santa magic that allows him to fit in any chimney with his sack of presents.

Next thing... Reinforced roofs to support all the weight of reindeer, sleigh, and Mr. Nick.

We grew up in a house with no chimney, at one point I asked my mom how Santa was going to get in without one. She paused and then said, well he has a skeleton key that lets him in the doors of houses without a chimney...

I sat there for a minute thinking about it, then asked "Well if he can come in the door of our house, why doesn't he do that and then avoid the dirty and burning chimney?" My mom said, well just leave that question in the note to him with the cookies and milk...

So I did ask that question, and sure enough I got an answer back on Christmas morning; evidently the reindeer prefer to land on the roof, making it easier to get down the chimney rather than jumping off the roof to open the door.

Looking back on it, I had always thought it odd that Santa's handwriting looked so much like my dads...weird. :P

I don't know about this. Santa should just use the door like everybody else. Knock - and if we feel like letting him in, then we'll answer the door. But don't go sneaking down the chimney in the middle of the night. We've moved on from that.:td:

And the day after, four burglars moved in -__-

Also, pretty dumb kid. By the time me and my friends were six, everyone of us either had figured out Santa wasn't real or that something was odd :P

I don't know about this. Santa should just use the door like everybody else. Knock - and if we feel like letting him in, then we'll answer the door. But don't go sneaking down the chimney in the middle of the night. We've moved on from that.:td:

i dunno..in some parts of the country, if santa tried to come into a persons home... he would be shot, and there would be enough venison to feed several families for a yr.

What a waste of resources! When that kid grows up, he'll probably feel the same way!

Waste of money.. perhaps Santa should try NutriSystem.

That is rediculous!!!!!

A-how on earth did that kid think ever reach him before???

B-now it will cause every other child on earth to panic and believe santa won't fit through the ones they have????

the mind boggles :)

At the risk of getting political; so much for "Austerity"!

Spoiled child, with parents who are rich as well as stupid, a dangerous combination in any society.

At the risk of getting political; so much for "Austerity"!

Spoiled child, with parents who are rich as well as stupid, a dangerous combination in any society.

Also an extremely common combination. <_<

Also an extremely common combination. disgust.gif

lol......i.m sorry......i guess everyone has their own definition of spoilt and rich parents........going by that picture of son and house....they are neither rich and that child is not spoilt..................just stupid attention,wanting front page of paper kind parents,lol :)and as here in the land of OZ.......i don't have a chimney.................we told the kids santa has a special key for that :)

Edited by cluey