Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suggest a new series for me please.

George Ford

Hi,

I watch tv series and enjoy some of them. I'll list what I like and you could maybe suggest some to me:-

Brotherhood.

Sopranos.

American Horror Story.

Prison Break. (series 1, it got progressively more implausable after that)

Walking Dead. (Seems a bit slow this 2nd series)

Sons of Anarchy. (series 1-2.)

Game of Thrones. (I like fighting and naked chicks!)

So anythign similar or you think I might enjoy.

Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Ford

• Mentalcase

• Mike G

• libstaK

HBO's 'Rome' was amazing,

Spartacus was pretty good, too, if you like period pieces.

Dexter, of course, is another good one.

Walking Dead is supposed to really pick up when it comes back in Feb.

Californication is good. fuuny show.

And if you like comedy, you really can't go wrong with It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia.

I can't think of much else right now.

Edit: Though I suppose none of these are really "paranormal" shows.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I agree with the Walking Dead being slow, but I assure you, they will come around. The fans are all screamin "more zombies". Love that show.

Dexter is a new fav of mine. Amazing writing and direction. Here's two links for eps/all seasons. Beware of pop-ups. I usually use Gorillavid, videobb, putlocker, sockshare or megavideo. http://www.1channel.ch/watch-4289-Dexter http://www.iwatchdexterfree.com/

Shameless is another show, which you can find navigating both of those websites. Plus enjoy all the free bootlegs of movies in theater. ;)

Criminal Minds has always been a fav of mine as well!

Watched Dexter, I enjoyed it and have just realised there is another series!!! :w00t:

I shall check out Spartacus, just found it on wiki so having a quick read to see if it's worth getting. :tu:

I've always been a huge fan of 24 and you can still find the DVDs in most stores. Kiefer Sutherland is supposed to be in a new show on Fox and he plays the dad of a kid that can see the future or something like that. I'll probably check that out. Really anything on Fox is good to me

I watched Breaking Bad, was really good!

I watched half of series 7 of 24, I thought it was bit silly. My brother insists the 1st few series are much better.

Just watched all of series 7 of The Office and it was really funny!

Just went through season one of Terra Nova, kinda boring, terrible cgi. I'll give it another go next season. What they hay.

I watched half of series 7 of 24, I thought it was bit silly. My brother insists the 1st few series are much better.

The first ones are a lot better. Plus, Elisha Cuthbert is in those and she is HOT!!!

True Blood wasn't on your list?

Definately not enough Sci-Fi on your list.

Firefly+Serenity (as a final episode) 9/10

Fringe (In a ludicrous X-Files sort of way, it's good fun.) 6.5/10

Pawn Stars.

I've started watching Hardcore Pawn. Good entertainment right there.

Sadly I miss Hee-Haw. Great comedy/music/variety series from many years ago.

well im watching a show called FaceOff. Its on the SCIFI channel and I really like it. Its about costume designers in movies. Like the guys that make Predator or Aliens. Its pretty neat.

...๏̯͡๏)....wow....

You guys are all so angry! If it ain't hawkin' variety or hyukin' variety then pretty much the rest of the shows you all listed is all about pain, infliction, demoralization, desecration and decapitation! I may be a fan of Doctor Who and damn it all if it ain't one of the creepiest ones goin on out there but it's still just a children's show... half the problem here is that american TV really sucks balls at comedy/sci-fi, etcetera, etcetera. May I recommend some shows even though they might not fit into your usual spectrum of comfort?...:

Anything by/with Charlie Brooker: Nathan Barley, Dead Set, How TV Ruined Your Life <(my top pick,5*'s!) etc. etc....

LEXX (rewatched this series last month and it dawned on me that season 4 totally predicted in abstract just about everything going on in the world NOW)

Peep Show

Snuff Box

The IT Crowd

Spike and Mike's Classic and Sick & Twisted animation series

Beavis & Butthead

Doctor Who 2005(but of course!)

The Sarah Jane Adventures

Hyperdrive

Spaced

Danger! 50,000 Volts!

Man to Man with Dean Learner

AD/BC: A Rock Opera

the Quatermass movie series

The Catherine Tate Show

...๏̯͡๏)....wow....

You guys are all so angry! If it ain't hawkin' variety or hyukin' variety then pretty much the rest of the shows you all listed is all about pain, infliction, demoralization, desecration and decapitation! I may be a fan of Doctor Who and damn it all if it ain't one of the creepiest ones goin on out there but it's still just a children's show... half the problem here is that american TV really sucks balls at comedy/sci-fi, etcetera, etcetera. May I recommend some shows even though they might not fit into your usual spectrum of comfort?...:

Anything by/with Charlie Brooker: Nathan Barley, Dead Set, How TV Ruined Your Life <(my top pick,5*'s!) etc. etc....

LEXX (rewatched this series last month and it dawned on me that season 4 totally predicted in abstract just about everything going on in the world NOW)

Peep Show

Snuff Box

The IT Crowd

Spike and Mike's Classic and Sick & Twisted animation series

Beavis & Butthead

Doctor Who 2005(but of course!)

The Sarah Jane Adventures

Hyperdrive

Spaced

Danger! 50,000 Volts!

Man to Man with Dean Learner

AD/BC: A Rock Opera

the Quatermass movie series

The Catherine Tate Show

Cool suggestions there. That clip was so funny cos it's so flipping true!

Peep show was really good but I feel it lost it's way a bit in the last series. I might give LEXX a go as I do like Sci-Fi but I hope it's not too dated. Gonna get Hyperdrive, never heard of it until you mentioned it :tu:

Rome.

Oz.

Fringe.

:-)

Tried Fringe and after 5 episodes did not like it. I shall look into Rome.

True Blood wasn't on your list?

I heard it was for teenage angsty middle class emo/goths and nobody watched it apart from them? But maybe I heard that from Family Guy?

Is it vampires right?

I heard it was for teenage angsty middle class emo/goths and nobody watched it apart from them? But maybe I heard that from Family Guy?

Is it vampires right?

Yes, but I am none of the above and I like it - the first couple of seasons anyway, I just think the characters are hilarious and entertaining.

Cool suggestions there. That clip was so funny cos it's so flipping true!

Peep show was really good but I feel it lost it's way a bit in the last series. I might give LEXX a go as I do like Sci-Fi but I hope it's not too dated. Gonna get Hyperdrive, never heard of it until you mentioned it :tu:

Lexx was mid-90's quality canadian lo/no i-Fi that stuck with props/fx/puppetry as much as possible trying to stay away from cgi-bluescreens, bringing together a great original story and characters/acting with satirical B-horror panache splashed all over, the first season was basically 4 full length movies before going to standard 45 minute episodes but one thing I can guarantee is that if you don't like episode 1 then dont even bother watching the rest. Look for the unamericanized-AKA-unedited canadian/german versions.

As much as I like Peep Show, I stopped watching it around the middle of season 4. It's funny but it is the same damn thing over and over, Ross-damn it.