Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tia

Crystal Balls

Tia

I finally got myself one, just medium size and glass rather then pure crystal but I know it's just a tool to focus into. I've wanted to try one for years but couldn't afford the cost vs bills for the proper thing but I felt really good handling this one.

Any tips for someone starting up?

I have used other tools before along with meditation to receive messages which come as images through my 3rd eye, along with sounds. Has anyone had success with actually seeing images in the ball?

Thanks up-front, I just want basic things like I read a candle burning near the crystal helps produce the misty effect would incense work just as well? Or is it all just for show and the main thing is the focusing on the ball?

Anyway I'll be setting it up after Xmas so I'll let you all know if I get anything and also if any ideas are given I'll try them too and let you know the results. :)

acute

I don't know much about crystal balls (or even glass ones! lol) but at least i'm keeping the thread alive.

The incense idea sounds like a load of pseudo-mystical mumbo-jumbo, and I would imagine that the main thing is to focus on the ball. But don't be afraid to blink! Weird things happen to our brains when we stare and don't blink. Personally, I would prefer to be in total silence too.

MelanieKayDeeDid

The incense idea sounds like a load of pseudo-mystical mumbo-jumbo

I feel like the use of incense is generally meant for "mood setting", meditation, etc. However, while I've never practiced scrying myself, I've known many people to use the smoke from incense to scry.

I can't imagine using both a sphere and smoke, though--seems like too much going on at once, at least it would be for me!

Tia, I can't give you any practical advice, as stated previously due my lack of hands-on knowledge, but I think the simple rule of "if it feels good, do it" could very well apply here. If you want to light 100 candles and burn incense, go for it. What's the worst case scenario here? You see nothing. So you try again. Evenutally you'll find what's right for you. Good luck to you!

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Never used a glass or crystal ball, but let us know how you get along.

Bendy Demon

Crystal balls (heh-heh-heh) are nice decorations, aren't they?

But that is all that they are, decorations. They do not have the ability to manifest anything. It is the mind which creates the hallucinations and the object is merely the focal point. In fact you could use any object to focus your attentions on, even a wall and you'd get the same effects because the mind is creating the images not some hunk of stone or glass.

How about this..you are sitting in your room thinking of, say, a movie and mulling over a particular scene. Pretty soon you might even start "seeing" the movie scene as it overlays reality so much so that your real surroundings get ignored.

The candles and incense are nice tools for getting into a certain frame of mind but again they are just tools and have no power whatsoever.

If you really insist on using the spherical hunk of glass to do your "scrying" then indirect light is good...not too bright as it will irritate your eyes as you stare at the ball.

Mind you I still have the crystal spheres and they are nice decorations but I too got temporarily caught up in some of this crystal malarkey and really thought that carrying around a small sack of stones was actually going to help me but I quickly discovered what a load of malarkey it all is and that is all it is..malarkey. There is no such thing as stone power and you won't get healed by piling stones on your body..that is about as nonsensical as placing strips of paper on your body with the words "Heal" on it and thinking it will do something. It won't. Rely on yourself to do stuff and not on some sparklies to do some "mysterious" magic..'cause that don't exist either.

Tia

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes it is a pretty decoration at the very least. I've picked it up a few times and only the first time did I feel any connection. I did get some images and time frames so I guess we'll soon see if they come true.

Well the image did on Thursday, we found a building which had special features on it which you rarely see in Australia so it was like wow I can't believe it, didn't think buildings had that lol.