Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jim Marrs' "Psi Spies" book

Scott G

I really liked it. Anyone else here read it? If so, what did you think? For those who'd like the synopsis, here's one from amazon.com:

PSI SPIES: THE BOOK THE GOVERNMENT DID NOT WANT YOU TO SEE! Jim Marrs' investigation into the secret remote viewing programs conducted by the CIA and U.S. Army is finally revealed in Psi Spies.

In the early 1990's, following the success of Crossfire and Alien Agenda, Jim Marrs set out to expose yet another government coverup. Originally titled "The Enigma Files," Marrs' new book detailed the activities of the U.S Army and CIA in training soldiers and spies in the use of psychic abilities. The publisher received advance orders for The Enigma Files from around the world. Meanwhile, the U.S. government agencies publicly issued denials that such programs ever existed. As the release date neared, Marrs' editor mysteriously disappeared, apparently relocated to somewhere outside of the United States. What followed was an attempt by his new editor to coerce Jim to rewrite the book in a FICTIONAL setting, a request that Marrs flatly refused to honor. This ended the publishing deal, thus delaying the book's publishing indefinitely. That is, until now! Retitled "Psi Spies", the details of the government's espionage efforts using psychic warriors.

Interestingly, the CIA ultimately admitted to funding psychic research later in Congressional hearings, although they downplayed the importance of the program.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/PSI-Spies-Jim-Marrs/dp/1588790231

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bmk1245

• Scott G

• NiteMarcher

How many of those "psis" scored 100/100 with Zener cards? As far as I remember none, and not even close to those numbers. Now, we have to believe that "psis" who can't distinguish single circle from single cross were able to "read" far more complex scenery (many different interconnected geometrical figures)?! Right... Best example that badges and epaulets don't cure from gullibility nor stupidity.

How many of those "psis" scored 100/100 with Zener cards? As far as I remember none, and not even close to those numbers. Now, we have to believe that "psis" who can't distinguish single circle from single cross were able to "read" far more complex scenery (many different interconnected geometrical figures)?! Right... Best example that badges and epaulets don't cure from gullibility nor stupidity.

Well I think -you've- certainly got your mind made up concerning psychic powers -.-

Anyway, Psi Spies makes no mention of Zener cards; you must be thinking of another book. What it -does- mention is quite interesting though.

Well I think -you've- certainly got your mind made up concerning psychic powers -.-

[...]

Not only about psychic powers, but bout Santa as well.

[...]

Anyway, Psi Spies makes no mention of Zener cards; you must be thinking of another book. What it -does- mention is quite interesting though.

Yes, there is no mention of Zener cards, but the point I was making that no one have shown to be able complete task with one of the simplest set of figures (there is simply little room for speculation about shape of the figure) with 100/100 score. Here is an example: I claim I can solve complex mathematical problem (can "remotely see" complex structures, cranes, boats, etc), but examiner drops the bomb "How much will be 2+2?". "Well, that will be 7." "Are you sure?" "No, wait a minute... 22." etc. Wouldn't my answers put suspicion on my capabilities?

BTW, here is some entertainment (with 25 cards I've scored 9 few times by simply clicking on the same figure). You will notice some amusing statement

John uses an interesting strategy of only guessing Circles and Stars. This makes the test potentially one of psychokinesis rather than ESP.

Can it be more wackier?!

• 2 months later...

Haven't read the book yet, although I have read "Rule by Secrecy," "Alien Agenda," and the "Trillion Dollar Conspiracy." He's not just blowing smoke, but takes great care in uncovering evidence, eye witness accounts, highly classified reports along with his own meticulous research. He is one of the best investigative reporters and author today.