Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza Pyramid construction

Paul Hai

People continue to wonder what Ezekiel’s vision is about and some ideas are about alien spacecraft and the planetary motion of our solar system.

What would be the grandest event in the ancient history of the Middle East? What great structures have been erected in the Middle East where thousands of workers were employed who would return home and tell others what they saw and experienced? Priest Ezekiel’s writings originate in Babylon around 590 BC and his florid descriptions are very specific in many instances. For instance the “wheel within wheel” machines are “high and awesome having four rims with eyes all around.”

On September 12, 2007 the Mount Isa Star newspaper reported on my theory of Rampless Egyptian Pyramid construction. Ramps are not mentioned in any ancient documents regarding Giza Pyramid construction, so why countless ramp theories exist today is a bigger mystery than the Pyramid itself.

I was indoctrinated at university to read, and read again ancient documents. These documents have been compiled into very thick books. The professor wrote me a hand written letter stating that if I did not read and cite ancient documents I would be in trouble.

When my research work earned 80% and proved that what Herodotus had reported in ancient documents about Giza Pyramid construction to be valid the professor replied “I told you to read the ancient documents. I did not tell you to believe them.”

Herodotus visited Giza about 450 BC and walked around the Great Pyramid of Khufu. While in Giza he inquired to the historian priests about the construction of the Great Pyramid and made written reports in Classical Greek which have survived and the content is available today translated into English.

The people who invent ramp theories have a real problem with what Egyptian historian priests explained to Herodotus. Wooden machines were used to build the Pyramid and these machines carried Pyramid blocks step by step upward on the Pyramid, thereby using the Pyramid under construction progressively to the point of completion. The Great Pyramid was constructed in twenty years.

So in view of historical documentation, persistent ramp theorists have been forced to claim Herodotus was a liar, Egyptian historian priests had forgotten their Pyramid history by 450 BC and the translation from Egyptian to Classical Greek must have been faulty. The ramp theorists are totally misguided and those with university qualifications especially should be ashamed of their fairy-tales fed to us in technically looking documentary films and technically looking books.

In 1895 Archaeologist William Matthew Flinders Petrie was in the temple complex of Pharaoh Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari when a cover was removed and in a hewn out rock some forty or fifty model items of ancient building trade tools were found. A wooden item was presented to Petrie for his storehouse in London which has become the Petrie Museum. This wooden item has been labelled “Petrie rocker, of unknown use” in museums worldwide.

Figure 1 - Petrie rocker - pinion-pulley lobe quadrant

Petrie and others considered this wooden item to be connected in some way to raising Pyramid blocks and my university research verified that four of these wooden items when fitted around a Pyramid block also form a rope-drum via wooden cross-pegs and when hoisted with a rope, rotate and step-walk with positive engagements of Pyramid steps. With a mechanical trade background in mechanics the method used to build the Giza Pyramids was rediscovered quite suddenly and unexpectedly in 2006 in Mount Isa on the Sunday afternoon of 27 August.

Figure 2 - The Ancient Egyptian Endless Wheelbarrow (on a rope) surrounding and raising a Pyramid block

Figure 3 - The earliest form of Rack & Pinion mechanics known. Stone racks and wooden pinions (and rope)

Mid 2007 I had an inkling Ezekiel’s vision of “a wheel within a wheel” is about Giza Pyramid construction and produced the image below which is included in my self-published book of 2007. (Raising Stone 1:Paul Hai’s Racks and Pinions Theory ISBN 9780646476797)

Figure 4 - Ezekiel writing very specifically about machines “And this was their appearance: they had the form of men, 6 but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot; and they sparkled like burnished bronze.”

When we read Ezekiel, of “men having feet like a calf’s foot” this is not about deformed people or aliens, but can be interpreted sensibly as men carrying or working with straight (wooden) leg apparatus strengthened with a bronze calf’s foot shaped attachment. This lifting apparatus is known as a claw-lift.

There are two centrally opposed edge located notches in the base of many Pyramid blocks where the bronze foot attachments were placed for lifting the blocks so the opened and laid flat pinion-pulley lobes, like an open four piece linked bracelet, could be pulled underneath, wrapped around a Pyramid block and closed, making it ready for its step-walk upward on the Pyramid’s steps.

Reference for the use of claw-lifts at Giza: The German Ernst von Sieglin expedition (1909-1910) papers published 1912 at Leipzig.

www.haitheory.com

post-72321-0-17360800-1324822970_thumb.j

Your link didn't work for me.

As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. (Ezekiel)

Ezekiel's "a wheel within a wheel" is describing a LOBE.

Take two coins of similar diameter and place one exactly on top of the other. The shape is round, wheel-like, circular. One coin can display this shape.

Now slide the top coin slightly to one side and now the shape displayed is a LOBE. "A coin within a coin" or "a coin intersecting a coin".

Ezekiel is describing LOBES because the ancient Egyptian pinion-pulley is a four-lobed machine and the colour of it is beryl or chrysolite, which is the colour of Lebanese Cedar wood.

The pinion-pulleys were made of Lebanese Cedar wood.

Pharaoh Sneferu had sent for forty shiploads of Lebanese Cedar wood to make pulleys to construct his Red Pyramid at Dahshur.

His sons Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure had their own Pyramids built on much stronger bedrock foundations engineers were sent to find.

Stronger bedrock was located on The Giza Plateau.

post-72321-0-88742100-1324824060_thumb.j

The attached thumbnail shows the operation of the ancient Egyptian four-lobe pinion-pulley having surrounded its load is hoisted with the outer rope causing it to rotate and step-walk upward with positive engagements of RACK & PINION mechanics using the Pyramid's steps as a RACK.

A STONE RACK.

WOODEN PINIONS.

Rack and Pinion mechanics provides for positive displacement. Rack and Pinion mechanics is a method used to positively control motion. ("No slip-sliding away" ... you know the song?)

There are four stone racks in a square based Pyramid. (four sides of racks - steps, teeth)

Place ten pinion-pulleys on each side of the Pyramid so there are forty pulleys in total.

Allow the workers an eight hour day or night if the day is too hot.

Hoist one block per hour per pulley.

With 365 days in a year, 116,800 blocks are raised per year.

Twenty years later, 2,336,000 blocks have been raised and placed and Khufu's Great Pyramid is completed.

post-72321-0-95267400-1324827761_thumb.j

In 1895 Archaeologist William Matthew Flinders Petrie was in the temple complex of Pharaoh Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari when a cover was removed and in a hewn out rock some forty or fifty model items of ancient building trade tools were found.

A wooden item was presented to Petrie for his storehouse in London which has become the Petrie Museum.

This wooden item has been labelled "Petrie rocker, of unknown use" in museums worldwide.

Figure 1 - Petrie rocker - pinion-pulley lobe quadrant (see the attached thumbnail to this post)

Petrie and others considered this wooden item to be connected in some way to raising Pyramid blocks and my university research verified that four of these wooden items when fitted around a Pyramid block also form a rope-drum via wooden cross-pegs and when hoisted with a rope, rotate and step-walk with positive engagements of Pyramid steps.

Giza Pyramid construction utilised the earliest known form of positive displacement RACK and PINION mechanics with a mechanical advantage of 2.8 (MA=2.8)

Stone Racks and Wooden Pinion-Pulleys.

www.haitheory.com

post-72321-0-16877700-1324832587_thumb.j

What's so special about efficiently heaping up a pile of stones in the most efficient way, Paul?

Heap up stones, and you will always get a pyramid.

You can 'scream' as loud as you want (capitals, very LARGE capitals), but whatever you are convinced of won't make it a truth by just raising your voice.

there is a hypothesis that an internal ramp was how the pyramids were built and there is some evidence to corroborate this hypothesis..also a explanation for the grand gallery. Jean-Pierre Houdin,

In accordance with ancient Egyptian historical records, all ramp theories are null and void due to the LOW VOLUME of traffic which presents a crushing blow and logistical dilemma for any type of ramp.

Approximately forty pinion-pulleys had to operate simultaneously and independently to raise 2.3 million block within the twenty year time-frame.

Ramps cannot compete in this arena as the critical flow path of engineering is much too demanding.

Engineers and architects study critical flow path engineering and know this.

What's so special about efficiently heaping up a pile of stones in the most efficient way, Paul?

Heap up stones, and you will always get a pyramid.

You can 'scream' as loud as you want (capitals, very LARGE capitals), but whatever you are convinced of won't make it a truth by just raising your voice.

Hi Abramelin, other people have stated that as well, that heaping stones would naturally result in a pyramid shape . I have to disagree. I think any attempt to heap stones.. or anything else in a pile would not result in a pyramid shape, it would result in a mound? A pyramid has flat sides and heaping stones would not automatically arrange them in a pyramid shape ?

Unless your saying that because the blocks are roughly square, that would tend to result in a heap with flat sides?

As for raising pyramid blocks.. i like the idea of a means that could raise them the height of one block at a time.. which is really all that would be required to build a pyramid one level at a time? Of course the granite chambers ,and the shafts, were some impressive engineering that would have had to have been built around as construction proceeded , no matter what the method?

I'm not saying there were no ramps.. because there is some evidence for them? I'm just saying that raising the limestone blocks, by whatever means, one level at a time, would be a logical approach?

As for the limestone blocks being unevenly shaped .. that is obvious, however, it seems they are arranged carefully as far as level? The courses have been shown to be level ?, which would be a sensible engineering precaution? ( I saw a man (on tv ) use the tools of the time to demonstrate that the layers of limestone blocks are still level, one to the next... at least in the spot he was checking)

By whatever means, placement of the casing stones would seem to pose a bigger challenge than the core blocks? ... weren't they larger ?, heavier?, and differently shaped?

Corrections are welcome .

People continue to wonder what Ezekiel’s vision is about and some ideas are about alien spacecraft and the planetary motion of our solar system.

What would be the grandest event in the ancient history of the Middle East? What great structures have been erected in the Middle East where thousands of workers were employed who would return home and tell others what they saw and experienced? Priest Ezekiel’s writings originate in Babylon around 590 BC and his florid descriptions are very specific in many instances. For instance the “wheel within wheel” machines are “high and awesome having four rims with eyes all around.”

That is an interesting idea. But, Ezekiel recorded that vision he had like 2000 years after the pyramids at Giza were built (in 2560 BC). How did he get the special knowledge? If it was a secret passed down from master to apprentice, then why go to the trouble of trying to hide it in a religious text about angels?

On September 12, 2007 the Mount Isa Star newspaper reported on my theory of Rampless Egyptian Pyramid construction. Ramps are not mentioned in any ancient documents regarding Giza Pyramid construction, so why countless ramp theories exist today is a bigger mystery than the Pyramid itself.

Because like 99% of all models, computer or on paper have shown it to be the most logical and expedient method.

When my research work earned 80% and proved that what Herodotus had reported in ancient documents about Giza Pyramid construction to be valid the professor replied “I told you to read the ancient documents. I did not tell you to believe them.”

A wise man.

The people who invent ramp theories have a real problem with what Egyptian historian priests explained to Herodotus. Wooden machines were used to build the Pyramid and these machines carried Pyramid blocks step by step upward on the Pyramid, thereby using the Pyramid under construction progressively to the point of completion. The Great Pyramid was constructed in twenty years.

The only problem I have with Herodotus is he came by 2000 years after the fact. The records just do not support that the priests still had the secret of the exact methods used to build the pyramids after 2000 years. Quite possibly what the priests knew what how they were currently building temples and projected that back onto the Giza pyramid builders.

Petrie and others considered this wooden item to be connected in some way to raising Pyramid blocks and my university research verified that four of these wooden items when fitted around a Pyramid block also form a rope-drum via wooden cross-pegs and when hoisted with a rope, rotate and step-walk with positive engagements of Pyramid steps. With a mechanical trade background in mechanics the method used to build the Giza Pyramids was rediscovered quite suddenly and unexpectedly in 2006 in Mount Isa on the Sunday afternoon of 27 August.

There are two centrally opposed edge located notches in the base of many Pyramid blocks where the bronze foot attachments were placed for lifting the blocks so the opened and laid flat pinion-pulley lobes, like an open four piece linked bracelet, could be pulled underneath, wrapped around a Pyramid block and closed, making it ready for its step-walk upward on the Pyramid’s steps.

That is interesting, but how would they prevent the ropes from fraying/breaking? If the rope goes under, it is going to be continually exposed to sharp(ish) edges of blocks it is rolling over. Plus, you would still need like 100 men on the end of the rope to pull the 5+ ton block up the side. What would the top of the pyramid look like with hundreds of webbed ropes and thousands of men pulling in hundreds of directions?

This idea is not simple or elegant, it is actually dangerous, more so then counterweights, or simple levering, and more so by a factor of a hundred then simply dragging up a ramp.

How would the top most parts be installed? Pulling ropes thousands of meters long? Where did these miraculous giant/long ropes come from? The known ropes of papyrus would not be up to the task of being so long and having such tensile strength.

Perhaps some Egyptian engineer did try this as some point, but I doubt it was on the Giza pyramids.

I dont know whether this is original...the use of the petrie rocker in the theory by the OP.

But i had a discussion on ATS where one user gave me some pics (which he said were part of an unorthodox course taught to him by someone else)

tool1.jpg

thats one possible of the petrie rocker

then comes the use of 4 such rockers, in another manner

tool3.jpg

and here are 2 more of the pics the guy passed me

The spiral Pyramid manner

spiralramppyramid.jpg

and

the topping

pyramidtopper.jpg

i passed the same pics to kmt_sesh once, but he gave a valid comment on the use of the petrie rocker as a drum because the rockers have to be huge to be placed around the stones, and the only rockers found are not large in size.

tool1.jpg

thats one possible of the petrie rocker

then comes the use of 4 such rockers, in another manner

tool3.jpg

This also would indicate a knowledge and useage of the invention known as the Wheel, which was otherwise not known of in Ancient Egypt till the 16th century BC. If they knew how to build stone blocks into wheels, they surely would have used donkeys (their draft animal) to pull carts and images of carts/donkeys don't show till after the 16th century BC.

So that would be wheels in Egypt 900 years before carts/chariots and such showed up.

Edited by DieChecker

Herodotus of Halicarnassus, a Greek and historian, visited Giza to speak with priests about history. Priests recorded history as part of their duties because they could read and write. Egyptian writing emerged in 3200 BC. Reports about Giza Pyramid constructions were recorded in stone around 2500 BC on Khufu's Great Pyramid, but lost through vandalisation. When Herodotus inquired about Giza Pyramid constructions at Giza c.450 BC, Egyptian writing had been in use for 2,750 years. To be civilised in the historical context is to have the means for writing and before that is pre-history. Egypt was civilised from 3200 BC, so there is no need to doubt Egyptian abilities for record keeping. Herodotus wrote on papyrus in classical Greek what he was told and this record of ancient Pyramid construction method has survived throughout the subsequent mass destructions of ancient Egyptian recorded history. This ancient method of Pyramid construction is the only method known to be workable and able to deliver within the recorded time-frame. Khufu's Great Pyramid was constructed within 20 years. Those who think Herodotus and/or the priests got it wrong should now be reconsidering, but perhaps their own modern comedies are at stake. Ramps are NOT mentioned in ancient Egyptian records. Ramp theories for Giza Pyramid constructions are a MODERN COMEDY of ERRORS as you can now see and understand for yourself.

I was sent an email telling me this ancient method is unsafe due to only one hoist rope being used. What if the rope breaks! Correct, if one hoist rope was used. There is evidence to suggest three pulleys were fitted to one Pyramid block, thus three hoist ropes were used. The evidence is by way of stone rope sheaves made for three ropes. These have been termed Bearing Stones. Hundreds have been excavated very close to Giza. This is all in the book and I strongly suggest people read the book first before jumping to their own conclusions.

Four "Petrie rockers" surrounding a Pyramid block do not form a wheel, but form a four lobe array.

The difference is only semantic.

I was sent an email telling me this ancient method is unsafe due to only one hoist rope being used. What if the rope breaks! Correct, if one hoist rope was used. There is evidence to suggest three pulleys were fitted to one Pyramid block, thus three hoist ropes were used. The evidence is by way of stone rope sheaves made for three ropes. These have been termed Bearing Stones. Hundreds have been excavated very close to Giza. This is all in the book and I strongly suggest people read the book first before jumping to their own conclusions.

I'm familiar with these stones, but did not know that hundreds of them have been found. Do you have a reference site for that information?

Herodotus of Halicarnassus, a Greek and historian, visited Giza to speak with priests about history. Priests recorded history as part of their duties because they could read and write. Egyptian writing emerged in 3200 BC. Reports about Giza Pyramid constructions were recorded in stone around 2500 BC on Khufu's Great Pyramid, but lost through vandalisation. When Herodotus inquired about Giza Pyramid constructions at Giza c.450 BC, Egyptian writing had been in use for 2,750 years. To be civilised in the historical context is to have the means for writing and before that is pre-history. Egypt was civilised from 3200 BC, so there is no need to doubt Egyptian abilities for record keeping. Herodotus wrote on papyrus in classical Greek what he was told and this record of ancient Pyramid construction method has survived throughout the subsequent mass destructions of ancient Egyptian recorded history. This ancient method of Pyramid construction is the only method known to be workable and able to deliver within the recorded time-frame. Khufu's Great Pyramid was constructed within 20 years. Those who think Herodotus and/or the priests got it wrong should now be reconsidering, but perhaps their own modern comedies are at stake. Ramps are NOT mentioned in ancient Egyptian records. Ramp theories for Giza Pyramid constructions are a MODERN COMEDY of ERRORS as you can now see and understand for yourself.

What evidence is there the pyramid construction method was recorded? Is there fragments of the recordings left?

No one doubts they had writting as graffiti exists inside the pyramid between the stones.

Egyptian use of ramps is evidenced in hundreds of locations. The only question being to what extent they were used?

Ramps have already been shown to be mathematical possible to finish within 20 years.

Geometrically speaking, technically and very specifically, "Petrie rockers" surrounding a Pyramid block DO NOT form a wheel, but form ... geometrically speaking, technically and very specifically, a four-lobe array.

You would not want the wheels of your car replaced with four-lobe arrays unless you are known as "The Rough Rider".

I am new to this forum. Are you talking Richard Petrie??? And one other point to note about the pyramids is the fact that Eygptologists are trying to tell us that the great pyramid was built in only 22 years to suit the ego of a Pharoh. Now, I am willing to go outside the square on many things, but 22 years is ridiculous. That would mean that 1 block would have to be, cut, transported and laid every 9 seconds 24 hours a day for 22 years to acheive. Please remember that the blocks are not a uniform size. This makes the 22 years even harder to comprehend. Not to mention that there are no inscriptions whatsoever within the tomb (if that is what you can call it). The mere fact that there is no writing at all tells any person with some knowledge of eygpt that this momument was not built as a tomb. How many Pharoh's do you know of that did not have the book of the dead written all over the walls of their tombs???????? I for one cannot think of any.

I could continue on but this is all I am willing to discuss at this time, only because I need to have some sleep.

Geometrically speaking, technically and very specifically, "Petrie rockers" surrounding a Pyramid block DO NOT form a wheel, but form ... geometrically speaking, technically and very specifically, a four-lobe array.

You would not want the wheels of your car replaced with four-lobe arrays unless you are known as "The Rough Rider".

You could replace the wheels if you were driving on a "rack".

The irregularity in the size of the blocks and the height of the courses has been discussed at length in a number of threads on this forum. The "rack" for your rack and pinion pyramid construction method has irregular spacing for the teeth.

http://hbar.phys.msu.ru/gorm/ahist/arnold/arnold.htm

http://www.pereplet.ru/gorm/ahist/arnold/arnold.htm

I include two links to Bearing Stones should one link go off-line.

You're 2nd link also refers to Rockers.

Rockers • In foundation deposits of the Eighteenth Dynasty are found little models of a wooden appliance that is usually called a rocker

So these tools are known from the 18th dynasty, but not before that. That is right around 1000 years after the Giza Pyramids were being built. Isn't that like finding a bicycle in a 18th century French dump and saying that Charlemagne rode one into battle in the 8th century, because he had what looked like a spoked wheel holding his cloak on?

From the same link:

At Giza were found two stone implements, ap­parently of Old Kingdom date, that were part of an unknown device to pull or lower three parallel running ropes over an edge or around a corner.

You suggested that hundreds of these had been found, but the link says 2. That is what I had previously thought. They are estimated to be Old Kingdom and much has been said about them in these forums. I agree they were used with ropes, but how is still up for debate.

They could have been used to lift stones up the side of the pyramid, I guess. But, then you'd expect to see holes in various blocks that were needed to anchor the poles. You'd also expect to find the discarded remains of many of these in the refuse fields scattered around Giza, which we have not seen yet.

Still semantics. The device rolls just like a wheel, powered by ropes pulled under and then over it to create lift.

Many medieval cart wheels are not much rounder. Even gears are considered wheels. And the wheel was unknown in Egypt at the time of the building of the Giza Pyramids.

I am new to this forum. Are you talking Richard Petrie??? And one other point to note about the pyramids is the fact that Eygptologists are trying to tell us that the great pyramid was built in only 22 years to suit the ego of a Pharoh. Now, I am willing to go outside the square on many things, but 22 years is ridiculous. That would mean that 1 block would have to be, cut, transported and laid every 9 seconds 24 hours a day for 22 years to acheive. Please remember that the blocks are not a uniform size. This makes the 22 years even harder to comprehend. Not to mention that there are no inscriptions whatsoever within the tomb (if that is what you can call it). The mere fact that there is no writing at all tells any person with some knowledge of eygpt that this momument was not built as a tomb. How many Pharoh's do you know of that did not have the book of the dead written all over the walls of their tombs???????? I for one cannot think of any.

I could continue on but this is all I am willing to discuss at this time, only because I need to have some sleep.

Welcome!

It is well known that the pyamid and tombs of this time period do Not have writting in them. It is not till 100 years after the Giza Pyramid complex was built that the first instance of the Pyramid Texts (Book of the Dead) being written on the pyramids interior walls.

The block estimate is close to 2.3 million blocks, so completing it in 20 years would require moving an average of more than 13 of the blocks into place each hour, day and night. So about one every 4.5 minutes, not every 9 seconds. 20 years = 10.5 million minutes.

Edited by DieChecker

• The topic was locked