Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza Pyramid construction

Paul Hai

6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

The core stones were a tad irregular.

A good view on that is this image of the top of G1 showing the irregularity of the stones - however if Paul can show how such much larger rockers could be easily adapted to each stone unique size and shape?

cVJ5Pj6.jpg

Top of G2

yVsYoQ6.jpg

Other core stones

VBvj82L.jpg

People who were still moving large stone in the early 20th century relied on simple sleds but then they weren't making pyramids.

Y2LZMyC.jpg

Each course was roughly the same height but that'd mean constructing a huge number of the things in many different sizes -- and then we have to wonder why we don't see them at big building sites like Karnak, where they moved huge stones. 

In fact, we should ask why we don't see them at Giza or other 4th dynasty sites.  We've got all kinds of other tools from there.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Howdy Paul welcome to UM.

So what does this machine look like. Do you have a proposed design or diagram?

Pravda?

You mean "welcome back."

This is Paul's old thread. He has returned to retry the same argument that was dismissed years ago in this thread.

Probably figured we be gone from here by now.

Harte

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Harte said:

You mean "welcome back."

This is Paul's old thread. He has returned to retry the same argument that was dismissed years ago in this thread.

Probably figured we be gone from here by now.

Harte

Oopsie, yeah I looked at his avatar and mistook the +1 for number of posts instead of 24. Yeah looks like he trying to sell books. He's probably flooding the other 'pyramid' forums too.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Oopsie, yeah I looked at his avatar and mistook the +1 for number of posts instead of 24. Yeah looks like he trying to sell books. He's probably flooding the other 'pyramid' forums too.

A pyramidiot and his money are soon parted. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 2

Just now, jaylemurph said:

pyramidiot

—Jaylemurph 

Py-ra-mid-iot

Py-ram-idi-ot

Pyr-am-id-iot........OK!  This is actually pronounceable. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair, Atlantidiot is a word from Old High Bassetian, and not designed to be pronounced with human mouths. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Paul, please remember UM doesn't exist to promote your product. Be prepared to discuss all aspects of your theme openly and fully. Answer all questions.

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Answer all questions.

Okay.

1. Do you love or hate the 'Vienna' system of AE pottery classification?

2. Do you still hold that Harte is the most undesirable of the lot here?

3. Have you ever had yearning towards another mummy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

2. Do you still hold that Harte is the most undesirable of the lot here?

He's felt that way ever since my Vergina period.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Paul, please remember UM doesn't exist to promote your product. Be prepared to discuss all aspects of your theme openly and fully. Answer all questions.

Thanks.

Yippie

The Sesh is back, hugs :clap:

jmccr8

• Like 7

Yesterday I attempted to giveaway ten copies of Raising Stone 1 on this site ... it was rejected.

How many people here have taken the time to read Raising Stone 1 ?

How many have read my translation of Ezekiel Chapter 1 ?

It is time to move on ... to those few here who have studied ... inform and explain to others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Hai said:

Yesterday I attempted to giveaway ten copies of Raising Stone 1 on this site ... it was rejected.

Hi Paul Hai

So is that any indication as to how sales are going for you?

How many people here have taken the time to read Raising Stone 1

Honestly I can't say but will bring it up at our next meeting with a group that doesn't exist in a real place that is not known by the group that doesn't exist. No I haven't but will look it up.

Well I really don't feel like looking through the whole thread for that nugget how about a recap and we will see if it rings any bells.

It is time to move on

Well no need for the recap I guess a nightcap is in order then now that you got me all worked up and just leaving.

jmccr8

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Hanslune said:

1. Do you love or hate the 'Vienna' system of AE pottery classification?

Who would ever love such a limited classification system, expect its creators? 

Besides, the Heit el-Ghurob site has its own classification system. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Thanks.

Welcome back Mum-Ra.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Also... their engineers and architects had been building pyramids for over 200 years by the time they got around to building Giza.  They would have developed consistent language for their tools and how to use them ... so why don't we see the "eagle/ox/etc" used in Egyptian texts (which do exist) about building?

I'm certainly interested in any ancient texts that refer to pyramid construction.  

It would be nice to answer the questions for once and all if you know how it was done.  

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, cladking said:

I'm certainly interested in any ancient texts that refer to pyramid construction.  

It would be nice to answer the questions for once and all if you know how it was done.  

I find it hard to believe that you're interested in ancient texts.  You seem to be mono-thematic, focused ONLY on the Pyramid Texts and only on the Budge version.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mellon Man said:

Who would ever love such a limited classification system, expect its creators? 

Besides, the Heit el-Ghurob site has its own classification system. 

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Probably all of us.  Or most of us.  And the weaknesses still hold:  the wood isn't right for the task and it would fit only stones of an exact proportion (but the stones of the pyramid are very irregular) and that these tools weren't discovered at Giza but at a site 600 miles away and a thousand years older.  Plus, the Israelites hated the Egyptians and there's no reason for them to be talking about building pyramids when they weren't involved with building any pyramids (they were, however, involved in building the city Pi-Ramesses)

Also... why are you using King James for texts?  That's hardly the original document of Ezekiel.

...and that's just off the top of my head.  I can go on.

Please do! Also ah come on complaining about somebody using an archaic English version of an ancient text....smile

• Like 2

Just now, Kenemet said:

I find it hard to believe that you're interested in ancient texts.  You seem to be mono-thematic, focused ONLY on the Pyramid Texts and only on the Budge version.

Howdy Kenement

Yeah he pretty much ignores the Abusir fragments, Palermo stones and of course runs screaming from Merer's diary.

Well he isn't actually interested in ancient test, the culture or religion of ancient Egypt. What he's interested in is ENGLISH translations that he can then twist into other meaning to suit his biases. However he recently suggested a test of his 'method' it was done and falsified his belief in 'ancient language' and his fake method of making up new meanings for AE words. The last few days he's been swirling around trying to find some way to talk his way out of that damning trap - which he set for himself.

I think he's gonna move over to prompting the flat earth conspiracy theory.

Rather amusing.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

What he's interested in is ENGLISH translations that he can then twist into other meaning to suit his biases.

Now where have we seen that before? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Paul Hai said:

How many people here have taken the time to read Raising Stone 1 ?

It is time to move on ... to those few here who have studied ... inform and explain to others.

You should find Atlante and Pettytalk. You lot could have an epic discussion about "translating" languages you don't speak. 

Or does translate just mean something different these days?

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

You can put subtle American English nuances into it.............oh wait! :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Tsk tsk.  You should be aware that Budge did not translate the "pyramid texts".  

I'm actually interested in ALL writing from the great pyramids building age.  I don't care what's in the "book of the dead" or anything Budge (et al) translated.  Egyptology bases their understanding of the Pyramid Texts on these later writings but this is improper methodology that has led to their belief that pyramids are tombs built by a 3000 civilization by primitive and barbaric means.  My interest lies only in those things that come from the actual pyramid building age (2950 BC - 2700 BC) including ancient writing and physical evidence.  You suggested ancient texts describe pyramid building but the "Ebers Papyrus" may be no more relevant to pyramid building then you believe Ezekial I is.  Ironically I had identified this Bible passage as possibly being relevant to pyramid construction even before Paul Hai began this thread.  

Rather than claim the passage isn't relevant to construction why not prove or show it is not.  Egyptology does NO BETTER at establishing their hypotheses than most alts; they've merely been at it longer.  

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

You should find Atlante and Pettytalk. You lot could have an epic discussion about "translating" languages you don't speak. 

--Jaylemurph 

This is very simple. "Translate" means to put author intent into a different language.  

What evidence do you have that Ezekial or the Pyramid Texts are actually translated?   What evidence do you have that any ancient text that refers to how the pyramids were built (I'm anxiously awaiting Kenemet's citation) is properly translated?  Careful how you answer because I can show you are basing your answer on texts that wouldn't exist for many centuries and interpretation that lies outside of what was actually written.   And things like this are usually considered off topic around here so I won't respond in this thread.  Everything Egyptology believes is always on topic but answers and challenges to these beliefs are not on topic.   

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, cladking said:

What evidence do you have that Ezekial or the Pyramid Texts are actually translated? 

There are copies of Ezekiel in Latin, Koine, Aramaic and Hebrew so just what the Hell are you talking about????  

• Like 6

• The topic was locked