Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza Pyramid construction

Paul Hai

Wait, uncover “more”? All he did was parrot fringe nonsense created by others. He hasn’t uncovered anything at all on his own!

Wait...is that what people like Crystal Sage and Mario Dantas and this guy think that’s what they’re doing? Research? Really? 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I’m writing a book about how the catholic church used etc. etc., blah blah blah, clever stuff with long words and bits I might copy'n'paste into a future post to look really smart...

hay Jay im Tom I fink I can help you wif your reesurch.  their is a church near me an I fink they ar caflick's or summat so I can ax them questun's an stuff.  if you make a li'st i can ax them tomorow but not if they are shut 

they are the one's wot do the bred an wine rite?  i can ax them why do you do that its so stupid?  an why do yore preist's were dresses?  an why do you pray to a ded man thats'is so stupid? an why did you kill the baby jeesu's wot never did nuffin to you? you are rite barsteds.  god i hate pepol wot kill baby's

an you tork about wolfram in yor post but it'is now corld tungsten.  you wood no that if you wos reely smart

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

So, yeah, when people like docy call skimming one text repeatedly or spending five or ten minutes Googling one specific term or parroting a single author uncritically “research,” I don’t agree.

I physically bushwacked swamps looking for open thermokarst basins (Carolina Bays) to slug through and take samples out of. I sifted through thousand of pieces of FCR and dug through massive beds of it looking for traces of Nelumbo lutea. I froze and busted my ass in Siberia and froze and cooked in Xinjiang. I beat apart hundreds of pounds of quartzite, pecked hundreds of stones. Dug thorough hundreds of dig reports and photographed hundreds of artifacts. 

I hate armchair "archaeologists?". 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

I physically bushwacked swamps looking for open thermokarst basins (Carolina Bays) to slug through and take samples out of. I sifted through thousand of pieces of FCR and dug through massive beds of it looking for traces of Nelumbo lutea. I froze and busted my ass in Siberia and froze and cooked in Xinjiang. I beat apart hundreds of pounds of quartzite, pecked hundreds of stones. Dug thorough hundreds of dig reports and photographed hundreds of artifacts. 

I hate armchair "archaeologists?". 

Why should I suffer such inconvenient situations when you have been more than willing to endure such conditions?

Far better (imho) to recline comfortably in an armchair with a nice single malt to hand and peruse the data others have diligently collected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Jarocal said:

Far better (imho) to recline comfortably in an armchair with a nice single malt to hand and peruse the data others have diligently collected.

....you also smack rocks. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

....you also smack rocks. :whistle:

It is a therapeutic means of gainful employment.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

So, yeah, when people like docy call skimming one text repeatedly or spending five or ten minutes Googling one specific term or parroting a single author uncritically “research,” I don’t agree.

—Jaylemurph 

Not research.

E-search.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Vaz said:

I appreciate what you are saying.  It's more about planting seeds to try and get people out of the mud of modern brainwashing.  The folk here have made their hard position clear, and I respect that and I respect the people and the forum.  Just know that what you refer to as the fringe is growing and showing no signs of retreating.  As I previously said, 'the fringe' will rarely challenge mainstream over the more recent historical claims (classical and onwards).  That should tell you something.  It's only the ancient narrative and relics that is hotly disputed.

Out of respect for you all I'll withdraw for a while until I uncover more.

Bye for now.

1) You are again reciting the typical fringe mantra. The study (and generation) of credible research does not constitute "brainwashing" and only one unfamiliar with actual research would make such a blatantly incorrect statement.

2) While such media sources as the non-History Channel and YouTube have generated some amount of pseudo-scientific fluff, one would be ill-advised to consider the volume of such fluff as being of real-world significance.

3) The fringe has a rather poor record of successfully "challenging" serious research from any period.

4) When dealing with deeper time, there are indeed professional and scholarly debates regarding certain matters. Unfortunately for the fringe elements, their various fantasies do not even enter into the realm of serious discourse. Ask yourself a critical question: If the arguments of these fringe fantasists were indeed so profound and well documented, why are their positions not published in credible peer-review journals. The answer is quite simple...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Hey man it was VECTRON* rays!!!

* I made up the term Vectron back in the late 80 for use on the usenet as a name for any supernatural/supersciency sounding energy thingies - I find now there is a company using that name......

Do they pay you royalties?  I reckon you're entitled to literally several dollars by now.

We keep seeing that scientists come up with desperately convoluted acronyms to make their research sound cool.  WIMPs and MACHOs are common examples from physics, but how many of us have heard of DESMOND (Diabetes Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes) or BEAUTIFUL (morBidity-mortality EvAlUaTion of the IF inhibitor ivabradine in patients with coronary disease and left ventricULar dysfunction). 1

In this spirit might I suggest we use "Fluid and Unconvincing but Creative and Keen Weakly-Intellectual Theory" to describe those suggestions that lack the most basic rudiments of plausibility? 2

1 Examples swiped from the web with no further research to know if they're even real.

2 Erudite readers of high-brow UK publications might also be encouraged to refer to the originator as "Terry" in the course of their deeply intellectual exchanges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

In this spirit might I suggest we use "Fluid and Unconvincing but Creative and Keen Weakly-Intellectual Theory" to describe those suggestions that lack the most basic rudiments of plausibility? 2

Consider that stolen. :yes:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Consider that stolen. :yes:

Hey you may have been first but I was second which makes me closer to it and it is therefore mine!!

Slap, slap

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Hey you may have been first but I was second which makes me closer to it and it is therefore mine!!

Slap, slap

And I compete in sporting events with big, sharp things. :yes:

chainsaw-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Piney said:

And I compete in sporting events with big, sharp things. :yes:

chainsaw-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh really well I use to shoot these things at people - that I didn't like

bDLdfNJ.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Oh really well I use to shoot these things at people - that I didn't like

• Like 3

I just hit myself on the nose with a volleyball while practicing before class, what do I win?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I just hit myself on the nose with a volleyball while practicing before class, what do I win?

A bag of ice and two aspirins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

A "Not Paying Attention" headslap. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

A bag of ice and two aspirins.

Hi Kmt_sesh

I've never tried aspirins and ice is the mix optional?

jmccr8

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Most athletic Auussie of 2019?

—Jaylemurph 

E114137E-FCDC-4B5B-BC08-69C0BEF77048.jpeg.9ea134f5cb42546ac40f78a1cbae103e.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Kmt_sesh

I've never tried aspirins and ice is the mix optional?

jmccr8

Works best with a splash of the good old 21 year old Jameson (Family casket) of course. 

• Like 3

On 10/28/2019 at 4:07 PM, Windowpane said:

So in what way did any of Vyse's colleagues "probably assist ... in the forgery act"? 

Here:

yyfABV5.jpg

You can see Mr Hill's signature below-right of the dedication inscription. Hill painted this dedication inscription upon the southern wall of Lady Arbuthnot's Chamber. 

Now think it through.

SC

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

Now think it through.

That somebody forged a cartouche before AE was even translated? :unsure2:

NO CHANCE! :yes:

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

That somebody forged a cartouche before AE was even translated? :unsure2:

NO CHANCE! :yes:

Colonel Vyse knew the Khufu (Suphis) cartouche while he was on the ground at Giza in 1837– he draws it in his private journal several times and even refers to it as Suphis.

SC

• Confused 1

• The topic was locked