Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza Pyramid construction

Paul Hai

4 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Let common sense prevail.  

Didn’t you stamp off angrily the other, swearing not to come back till we acknowledge your brilliant additions to the site? Because maybe you noticed no one did that...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jaylemurph said:

Didn’t you stamp off angrily the other, swearing not to come back till we acknowledge your brilliant additions to the site? Because maybe you noticed no one did that...

—Jaylemurph 

I have a new lease of life.  Heralded by the arrival of SC.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Let common sense prevail.  

Yes they did. I did some repairs on my bathroom and round written in pencil some directions to the electrician from the plumber. dated to 1988. People were doing the same thing back then too - there are marks on Parthenon of the same type.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

And no there was no anger.

• Haha 1

Just now, Vaz said:

And no there was no anger.

Embarrassment then?  When you found that having repeated what you were told to believe - you did so only to find out you'd been lied to by fringe sources?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yes they did. I did some repairs on my bathroom and round written in pencil some directions to the electrician from the pumper. dated to 1988. People were doing the same thing back then too - there are marks on Parthenon of the same type.

I see where you are going with the argument.  Vyse could not have made the inscriptions in the air shaft that's a given.  The red ochre paint seen here on first glance would appear to resemble the quarry marks but we have only a tiny amount of markings to actually tell.   I still contest that there is enough information to now say for certainty that Vyse perpetrated the fraudulant marks in the relieving chambers.  The air shaft markings are I would guess the work of a repairer (Khufu and his drunkards).  I've seen or heard nothing to suggest otherwise.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Embarrassment then?  When you found that having repeated what you were told to believe - you did so only to find out you'd been lied to by fringe sources?

Nope wrong again.  Try honourable admission.  

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

The cartouches and other writing in those chambers are completely consistent with ancient Egyptian linear writing and graffiti one can see on so many monuments down through pharaonic history. 

This is simply not true, John. They are categorically not completely consistent with other cartouches supposedly from the same period. There's a fairly significant difference between the hieratic cartouches Vyse claimed to have found and those other genuine cartouches from the 4th dynasty. Spot the difference:

Gs4os1I.png

SC

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Vaz said:

I see where you are going with the argument.  Vyse could not have made the inscriptions in the air shaft that's a given.  The red ochre paint seen here on first glance would appear to resemble the quarry marks but we have only a tiny amount of markings to actually tell.   I still contest that there is enough information to now say for certainty that Vyse perpetrated the fraudulant marks in the relieving chambers.  The air shaft markings are I would guess the work of a repairer (Khufu and his drunkards).  I've seen or heard nothing to suggest otherwise.

So you think the AE - being incompetent in building the pyramids could dissemble it put some paint around then reassemble it? Amazing

D9Od1WE.jpg

CHFJbKi.jpg

0vMLnuD.jpg

w9BVtnz.jpg

lvSr08P.jpg

So you think Vyse did all that huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Nope wrong again.  Try honourable admission.  

Well we showed quite clearly that you were repeating things 'as evidence' that you'd been told to believe and hadn't taken a few moments to check on.......oops - 30 degrees, oldest is always best, etc.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Not a supportable hypothesis based on the immense technical achievement and craftsmanship that the GP is.  

Stacking rocks is a immense achievement? 

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

So you think the AE - being incompetent in building the pyramids could dissemble it put some paint around then reassemble it? Amazing

Regarding your second sentence.  Proof that you do not read previous posts.  Please go back and read it.

Regarding  your first sentence; are you saying that know the extent and limits of any repair?  Are you saying that you know categorically that there are no undiscovered chambers in the GP for example?

That would be an incredible claim.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Stacking rocks is a immense achievement? 

Stacking rocks?

There are clearly two Great Pyramids.  The one that is actually there and the one in your mind.  They are clearly not the same.

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

D9Od1WE.jpg

CHFJbKi.jpg

0vMLnuD.jpg

w9BVtnz.jpg

lvSr08P.jpg

His assistants did most of it although as we learn from Walter Allen, "faint marks were repainted, some were new". So, some marks are genuine, others are fake. We simply have to determine which marks are fake and which are genuine.

SC

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Well we showed quite clearly that you were repeating things 'as evidence' that you'd been told to believe and hadn't taken a few moments to check on.......oops - 30 degrees, oldest is always best, etc.

Inadequate research. 

image.png.2a7235ceefde7a102b98277729b3dd28.png

This is something that a person who claims to know much about ancient history really should know.   Sorry.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Regarding your second sentence.  Proof that you do not read previous posts.  Please go back and read it.

Regarding  your first sentence; are you saying that know the extent and limits of any repair?  Are you saying that you know categorically that there are no undiscovered chambers in the GP for example?

That would be an incredible claim.

Its your claim that they did extensive repairs - any evidence for that? Any evidence that somebody else built it for one? Have you noticed a trend in fringe claims - they spend 99% of their time ranting and raving against what evidence we do have - trying desperately to discredit the ancient Egyptians or later Victorians - instead of just listing all the evidence for the Invisible Civilization that they think did build it - you know WHY they do that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vaz said:

Inadequate research. 

image.png.2a7235ceefde7a102b98277729b3dd28.png

This is something that a person who claims to know much about ancient history really should know.   Sorry.

I've never claimed that I just claimed that you were wrong. "30" degrees is a modern measurement the AE would have had no idea we would create such a system thousands of years later.

Secondly due to the movement of the tectonic plates the Giza plateau has been moving to the NE about 90 meters so far from where it was actually built 4,600 years ago.

You should try the fringe claim that when the GP finally reaches 30 degrees the world will end...LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Its your claim that they did extensive repairs - any evidence for that? Any evidence that somebody else built it for one? Have you noticed a trend in fringe claims - they spend 99% of their time ranting and raving against what evidence we do have - trying desperately to discredit the ancient Egyptians or later Victorians - instead of just listing all the evidence for the Invisible Civilization that they think did build it - you know WHY they do that?

How do you suppose that a group of people, just out of the stone age managed to do that?  Mainstreamers fail to account for the maths,the architectural complexity, the planning, the tools, the man power and just about everything.  It's an old argument but perfectly valid.

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I've never claimed that I just claimed that you were wrong. "30" degrees is a modern measurement the AE would have had no idea we would create such a system thousands of years later.

Secondly due to the movement of the tectonic plates the Giza plateau has been moving to the NE about 90 meters so far from where it was actually built 4,600 years ago.

You should try the fringe claim that when the GP finally reaches 30 degrees the world will end...LOL

Yet it happens to have stopped 'moving' for the  past 150 years?  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I quite agree which is why I assert that it wasnt the AE that built it.  They repaired it.  So the GP just happens to have ceased it's 'oddysey' landing exactly on 30 N.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmm...........

2 minutes ago, Vaz said:

How do you suppose that a group of people, just out of the stone age managed to do that?  Mainstreamers fail to account for the maths,the architectural complexity, the planning, the tools, the man power and just about everything.  It's an old argument but perfectly valid.

So why were other folks - just out of the stone age able to build large stone structures too? You will note that all the evidence at Giza is AE or the precursors to their culture - how do you explain a complete lack of any evidence for the IC?

So at what stage were the Invisible Civilization? Where they in the Plastic age or what? Why is there no evidence of them? Were is there writing in the Pyramids? LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

So why were other folks - just out of the stone age able to build large stone structures too? You will note that all the evidence at Giza is AE or the precursors to their culture - how do you explain a complete lack of any evidence for the IC?

So at what stage were the Invisible Civilization? Where they in the Plastic age or what? Why is there no evidence of them? Were is there writing in the Pyramids? LOL

No doubt they did.  Not to the exactitude and complexity of the GP though.  They would not have been able to work granite to that precision either. 

Cataclysms, floods, over epochs.  Easy.  Where do you suppose the legend of Atlantis came from?  It's endured.

Edited by Vaz

Just now, Vaz said:

I quite agree which is why I assert that it wasnt the AE that built it.  They repaired it.  So the GP just happens to have ceased it's 'oddysey' landing exactly on 30 N.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmm...........

It ain't there yet. Okay show evidence they 'repaired it' at the same time you show evidence they didn't build it. Any evidence of any kind that would tell us that the IC existed let along decided to build two enormous pyramids at Giza? Anything?

• Like 1

Just now, Vaz said:

No doubt they did.  Not to the exactitude and complexity of the GP though.  They would not have been able to work granite to that precision either. 

So explain how the IC worked granite and which quarry did they take it out of?

Your personal incredulity isn't evidence...Vaz

• Like 1

Just now, Hanslune said:

So explain how the IC worked granite and which quarry did they take it out of?

Your personal incredulity isn't evidence...Vaz

Not sure what you mean by IC.

Your straw arguments aren't evidence either.

• The topic was locked