Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jews and Muslims bond in France

Talon

Jews and Muslims bond in France

Representatives of French Muslim and Jewish organisations have held landmark talks on the difficulties faced by both communities in France.

Fouad Alaoui, of the Union of Islamic Organisations of France, said he was concerned about racism and Islamophobia and condemned anti-Semitism in France.

Speaking for Jewish groups, Bernard Kanovitch described the meeting as a very significant event.

It was the first official meeting of its kind.

Speaking after the meeting, Mr Alaoui said: "The French Jewish community, like the French Muslim community, must participate in the development of French society, they must live in peace and contribute to social harmony."

Mr Alaoui, who reports say was booed by Jewish militants on his arrival, said he also asked the Representative Council of Jewish Institutions of France (Crif) "not to point a finger at the Muslims every time an anti-Semitic act is carried out".

Graffiti

Mr Kanovitch, of Crif, said that the meeting was the start of "serious work which consists of helping the integration" of Muslims into the national community.

"But we have also discussed the difficulties from which not only the Jewish community is suffering but also the national community," he said.

He said he also asked them to look at what imams taught in mosques, according to the French news agency AFP.

Mr Kanovitch said another meeting would take place in the future.

Earlier on Thursday, racist graffiti was found scrawled on a mosque near the eastern French city of Strasbourg.

The incident, in the town of Besancon, is the latest of some 300 attacks on Muslim, Jewish, and Christian buildings and cemeteries in the Alsace region in recent months.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3643742.stm

The French Jewish community, like the French Muslim community, must participate in the development of French society,

So long as that means they respect that the country is FRANCE, and repect FRENCH laws and not complain anymore about secular schools and removal of religous symbols within such.

The incident, in the town of Besancon, is the latest of some 300 attacks on Muslim, Jewish, and Christian buildings and cemeteries in the Alsace region in recent months.

And I see the Christians are suffering too, but nobody ever mentions that.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doomgirl

• Talon

• Erikl

Top Posters In This Topic

The French Jewish community, like the French Muslim community, must participate in the development of French society,

So long as that means they respect that the country is FRANCE, and repect FRENCH laws and not complain anymore about secular schools and removal of religous symbols within such.

The Jews are very intermingled in French society - much more than the muslims ever been! mad.gif

There are Jews in France for pratically 2,000 years.

And the Jews in France make up the elite in that country - many professors, bankers, lawyers, doctors etc. are Jews.

France even had a Jewish PM back in the 1930s.

This is just hypocricy (from the french muslims side) to say that Jews need to take part in the development of France - they already taken a huge part in it.

The ones who should take part in it, be less fanatic, and stop attacking Jews are the French MUSLIMS! mad.gif

he also asked the Representative Council of Jewish Institutions of France (Crif) "not to point a finger at the Muslims every time an anti-Semitic act is carried out".

Than the muslims must stop be the main perpetrators of anti-Semitic attacks in France.

Another hypocricy! disgust.gif

God! that j*rk just p***ed me off!

If this is what the muslims there call "bond", then they should look up that word in the dictionary....

Edited by Erikl

How can you say that Erikl, not all muslims are bad, its just that a few make it bad for the rest, it's the same with any religion, but the media play on people's fears and have idiots believing them. I have a few muslims friends and they are the nicest people I have ever know

How can you say that Erikl, not all muslims are bad, its just that a few make it bad for the rest, it's the same with any religion, but the media play on people's fears and have idiots believing them. I have a few muslims friends and they are the nicest people I have ever know

How did you figured from my trply that I was reffering to all the muslims? huh.gif

I certainly wasn't reffering to all the muslims - I simply reffered to this guy who was mentioned in the article.

He is a hypocrit and a petronising j*rk.

He talks as if Jews are the ones that need to be more tolerant, and that they should stop blame muslims for anti-Semitic attacks in France, when it's actually quite the opposite:

Jews are an integral part of French society, and has been so for a long time now. They do not seperate themselves from the rest of French society (like many muslims do), and intermarry with Chrsitian french on daily basis.

And muslims are the main perpetrators behind anti-Semitic attacks in France (I'm not claiming here the all muslims attack Jews, just that almost all the anti-Semitic attacks in France are done by muslims).

Erikle the fact that I was talking about the outcry against Secular laws shows I wasn't talking about Jews, since its only the Muslims and Sheiks who seem to have a problem.

And if its cultural the turbun/head cloth as they claim, then why do they have a problem with taking it off?