Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird queries wasting police time

Saru

Police in the UK have expressed disdain for members of the public asking them stupid questions.

A police chief has hit out at cops being forced to answer "bonkers" questions from the public - such as how many werewoves, vampires and zombies have been investigated.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funky Poacher

• Spring Heeled Jerk

• chainsawcam

• __R_____

Top Posters In This Topic

My local police in Harrogate, UK went apeshit crazy and then then decided to stitch me up when I enquired as to WHY NOTHING IS BEING DOONE TO STOP STREET DEALING OF DRUGS, EVEN ALTHOUGH THEY KNOW WHO IS SUPPLYING!!

Too much paperwork? or something more sinister? - judging by the reaction.......

I would have thought the average policeman in the UK, seeing as most seem to have 2 digit IQs and are as chavvy as the the local teens, would have been amused by being asked easy questions instead of having to actually do anything.

sorry SpoonyOne, they seem more interested in doing nothing up here. FFS - everyone knows who is supplying - WHY does he walk around without fear??? How much does that feeling cost, on a weekly basis?????????????? BENT COPS - SCOURGE OF SOCIETY!!

questions are tough lets all face it.. They require the incredibly fatiguing task of responding which first ask the most taxing of all processes - basic thought...C'mon guys (police)

I'm finding it kind of funny that people are commenting on the cops. I can understand why the cops don't want to take time to answer stupid questions if they have better work they could be doing. I can understand why a cop might think it's dumb to spend up to 18 research hours looking through records to see if there is a mention of a bigfoot spotting when they could be spending up to 18 hours in research looking for evidence on a killing, or kidnapping, or drug dealing.

I kind of have to find the fault with the people asking the questions. Like, really, you had to go to the police to find out if there has been werewolf or zombie sightings, or what the star sign of a car thief is?

I'm finding it kind of funny that people are commenting on the cops. I can understand why the cops don't want to take time to answer stupid questions if they have better work they could be doing. I can understand why a cop might think it's dumb to spend up to 18 research hours looking through records to see if there is a mention of a bigfoot spotting when they could be spending up to 18 hours in research looking for evidence on a killing, or kidnapping, or drug dealing.

I kind of have to find the fault with the people asking the questions. Like, really, you had to go to the police to find out if there has been werewolf or zombie sightings, or what the star sign of a car thief is?

It's because people often don't think any more, and I'm fairly sure common courtesy is also on the decline. The people who are asking these questions think they're funny, but they're just morons.

But hey, it's easy to complain about cops, isn't it? And you usually have someone who will back you up, and you'll look like the tough guy. Problems with cops spring from problems with the law, and the cops have to inforce the law though they have no say in making the laws. Taking it out on police officers is not a solution, it's part of the problem.

I'm from the United States, and the cops around here would laugh and walk off. Or in the case of a friend of mine that thought it would be funny to phone in and ask a humorus but nonsensical question to the police, had his number traced and was later charged with interfering with a government operation.

People often ask, "Where's the police when you need them?" Well, now we know. They're off answering stupid questions for morons who have nothing better to do than waste their time so they can't respond to legitimate calls. :angry:

Edited by Robert1

The police have better things to do.

Bald punks

It's only a matter of time before they're knocking at the door.......Puts me in mind of the Viz 'Bottom Inspectors'.

Peace

The police have better things to do.

Bald punks

It's only a matter of time before they're knocking at the door.......Puts me in mind of the Viz 'Bottom Inspectors'.

Peace

Yes, yes... because all cops are of the same breed, of course.

Yes, yes... because all cops are of the same breed, of course.

I would've said 'Ilk' instead of breed, not to be confused with 'elk' of course. Easy mistake for a North American to make I suppose. :hmm:

I would've said 'Ilk' instead of breed, not to be confused with 'elk' of course. Easy mistake for a North American to make I suppose. :hmm:

So... you're confused, then.

Edit to add: I mean, your previous posts do seem to demonstrate as much.

Edited by Funky Poacher

So... you're confused, then.

Edit to add: I mean, your previous posts do seem to demonstrate as much.

Okay Funky, thanks for the incite into my condition, I promise to be less confused in future. If you however refer to my previous post, you will see a link, a link that I know you didn't click upon, because the post count would've told me otherwise. Now the link referred to some rather extreme policing carried out in another country. I found this an informative insight into the relative freedoms that we enjoy in our society and sought no less than to put the actions of the police force in the western world into stark contrast with the actions that the forces in other countries are carrying out. Ergo I was making a rather ironic statement on the police time that is wasted in trivial matters. No doubt you read the link name and concluded that this was a statement about the police. I have tried to get into the habit of posting the word CLICK next to links I post and I apologise for being so confused that I forgot to this time.

Here's a link to just about the same thing.

Just about the same thingCLICK

My point being that the trivialisation of police time in the West through the action of timewasters is put into relief by the actual policing being carried out elsewhere.

God I love the internut.

PEACE!

Okay Funky, thanks for the incite into my condition, I promise to be less confused in future. If you however refer to my previous post, you will see a link, a link that I know you didn't click upon, because the post count would've told me otherwise. Now the link referred to some rather extreme policing carried out in another country. I found this an informative insight into the relative freedoms that we enjoy in our society and sought no less than to put the actions of the police force in the western world into stark contrast with the actions that the forces in other countries are carrying out. Ergo I was making a rather ironic statement on the police time that is wasted in trivial matters. No doubt you read the link name and concluded that this was a statement about the police. I have tried to get into the habit of posting the word CLICK next to links I post and I apologise for being so confused that I forgot to this time.

Here's a link to just about the same thing.

Just about the same thingCLICK

My point being that the trivialisation of police time in the West through the action of timewasters is put into relief by the actual policing being carried out elsewhere.

God I love the internut.

PEACE!

Actually, I hadn't clicked on the link because I had already read the article on the UM thread. I'm not sure what you're going on about with the 'post count' because I had already read it. In any case, I know what it entailed.

This point

is valid to a degree (not sure if you're saying the time-wasters are giving us relief from a similar fate as the Indonesian kids) but doesn't correlate in any way with your previous comment

It's only a matter of time before they're knocking at the door....

You said it was an attempt at irony, but it was ill-conceived: sarcasm isn't the best of tones to try to get across over the Internet.

My stating of your apparent confusion, however, had little to do with that post, but more about your tangent about elk which came out of no where.

Don't try to be less confused next time, just say what you mean without the frills.

Edit: friggin' commas.

Edited by Funky Poacher

LOL. I thought....never mind. Yes I was ill conceived and all that and I'm just a rash English git. I concede to you Funky 'cos I like your post. Forgive my rashness and ignorance please. :-)

P.S Love the moustache.

The police here need these questions. Who cares how ridiculous they seem, because they will pull you over for nothiing. :rolleyes: There's a saying here, but it's M rated. F the police. Or we call them pigs. Because they're so busy sending citations to those without seatbelts than catching the druggies. :rofl: I guess we're too sly.

Well some years ago I had the embarrassment of a pretty policewoman call at my door.My chinese girlfriend phoned the cops to say that I filmed her in my shower.I took the lady out for an evening meal a few days later.Exit Chinese and enter amusing affair with the FUZZ

Its amazing what idiocy the police have to deal with. Eventually we could get to the point that you have to pay a call out fee to the police if what you report is not worth them showing up for. This has happened with the fire brigade and would be another reason for the public not to call the police.

A bit pessimistic but you never know...