Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

romanov survivors ?

sauniere

Not sure where to put this topic, so i put it here, sorry.

Did any of the romanov's survive the massacre in 1918 ?. I'm sure i've read that they couldn't account for them all, though i know anna anderson, who claimed to be anastasia, was a fake.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antilles

• HerNibs

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• Ealdwita

They're all dead, mostly because the Revolution needed them to be dead in order to remove figureheads around which the White Russians could unify. Whoever ordered their deaths and carried them out would have made quite sure they were all (1) in the cellar and (2) shot and (3) dead.

Edited by Wearer of Hats

They're all dead, mostly because the Revolution needed them to be dead in order to remove figureheads around which the White Russians could unify. Whoever ordered their deaths and carried them out would have made quite sure they were all (1) in the cellar and (2) shot and (3) dead.

Their bodies were found and buried in St Petersburg I think. If I remember right, after they were shot and the girls bayonetted, they were doused with acid, thrown into a pit, burned, covered over with earth and planks, dug up, moved, reburied.

So I think after all that they were really dead.

It's interesting that so many came forward claiming to be Anastasia. And even more interesting that people were willing to believe.

Their bodies were found and buried in St Petersburg I think. If I remember right, after they were shot and the girls bayonetted, they were doused with acid, thrown into a pit, burned, covered over with earth and planks, dug up, moved, reburied.

So I think after all that they were really dead.

Hmmm, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Look at the effort it took to kill Rasputin! :unsure2:

Romanov Family

Sadly all dead.

Nibs

Yup. But you know, if DNA testing wasn't around, you could have Anastasias popping out of chimneys all over Europe. Just like a certain S Claus. :ph34r:

Yup. But you know, if DNA testing wasn't around, you could have Anastasias popping out of chimneys all over Europe. Just like a certain S Claus. :ph34r:

When I was young (before I realized that my age didn't fit) I used to tell people I was Anastasia. That the people I lived with were really servants protecting me. :P I was a bit of a pain in the ass.

Nibs

When I was young (before I realized that my age didn't fit) I used to tell people I was Anastasia. That the people I lived with were really servants protecting me. :P I was a bit of a pain in the ass.

Nibs

Well, if the royalty checks haven't started coming your way from Disney, then I think it's safe to say you ain't her!

I was watching a documentary not so long ago where they analysed DNA from the bones in the alleged graves of the Romanovs and the result was a positive match.

I was watching a documentary not so long ago where they analysed DNA from the bones in the alleged graves of the Romanovs and the result was a positive match.

Yup.

DNA one.

Romanovs zero.

Not sure where to put this topic, so i put it here, sorry.

Did any of the romanov's survive the massacre in 1918 ?. I'm sure i've read that they couldn't account for them all, though i know anna anderson, who claimed to be anastasia, was a fake.

If you are interested, here's an excellent website....

http://www.alexanderpalace.org/

:)