Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I miss someone who I don't even know

sarah_444

Just wondering, if by telling people about this, I can gain some advice, maybe someone else has experianced this too. I havn't told anyone, Im married and my friends arn't really into chats about spiritual things..so hey, i'll just put it out here on the internet.:unsure2:

Here goes, at the risk of sounding completely pathetic, I have a spirit who comes to me once in awhile in my dreams. (I think its a spirit but of course it's possible that I have a good imagination) He never stays long,dosn't say much that I can remember, he always looks different. I always recognize him because I "know" him. We are in love? I write that and it feels like a huge undersatement. While i'm with him, I would do anything to stay with him. I remember in one dream, the thought of leaving my life and my kids didn't sadden me one bit because of the peace and happiness I felt with him. (my kids are my world, I would never imagine being able to leave them consiously) I hate the term "soul mate" but it really feels like that is what he is. The last time I dreamt of him, he just looked into my eyes and gaveme a quick kiss. when I woke up I was sweating,my heart was racing and it felt like it was being ripped from my chest because we wern't together. I actually had tears in my eyes and I had to open the window in the middle of a cold December night to get some air and calm down.

I had another dream once we were together, and I told him, " you have no idea what I would do to come back and see you again." I had to leave through a portal which was in a lake. I couldn't create a proper portal because I was so upset about leaving him. The water separated creating a hole, and I went in, head first. Inside the portal it was like a tunnel, with scenes of my lives flying by. I had to wait until I saw the right scene to jump into it.

Just wondering, if by telling people about this, I can gain some advice, maybe someone else has experianced this too. I havn't told anyone, Im married and my friends arn't really into chats about spiritual things..so hey, i'll just put it out here on the internet.:unsure2:

Here goes, at the risk of sounding completely pathetic, I have a spirit who comes to me once in awhile in my dreams. (I think its a spirit but of course it's possible that I have a good imagination) He never stays long,dosn't say much that I can remember, he always looks different. I always recognize him because I "know" him. We are in love? I write that and it feels like a huge undersatement. While i'm with him, I would do anything to stay with him. I remember in one dream, the thought of leaving my life and my kids didn't sadden me one bit because of the peace and happiness I felt with him. (my kids are my world, I would never imagine being able to leave them consiously) I hate the term "soul mate" but it really feels like that is what he is. The last time I dreamt of him, he just looked into my eyes and gaveme a quick kiss. when I woke up I was sweating,my heart was racing and it felt like it was being ripped from my chest because we wern't together. I actually had tears in my eyes and I had to open the window in the middle of a cold December night to get some air and calm down.

I had another dream once we were together, and I told him, " you have no idea what I would do to come back and see you again." I had to leave through a portal which was in a lake. I couldn't create a proper portal because I was so upset about leaving him. The water separated creating a hole, and I went in, head first. Inside the portal it was like a tunnel, with scenes of my lives flying by. I had to wait until I saw the right scene to jump into it.

I know exactly how you feel Sarah. I have been in circumstances like that before. A recent one actually. What happens out of body stays out of body ;) I have struggled with that same guilt aswell.

Seems to me a projection of sorts. Does he by any chance have any of the same features as your husband?

I know it sounds weird but I have heard of couples projecting to each other before, and in a projection you appear as what your mind says you do. (Say youre 20lbs overweight and to you thats not how you feel you should look, in your projections its quite possible you arent 20lbs overweight.)

Another thing is i've read about people projecting to what there mind considered there perfect partner. Incredibly enough this person is real, and they build real emotions with them. The issue is either the other person is also projecting, your mind has completely fabricated this perfect partner, or it can be someone that has already passed away.

At any rate as Seeker said, if it happened out of body you shouldn't feel guilty.

Think of it like this your husband is such in this life, and in this plane. Your loyalty to him only exists in this life and plane. If you have another life, chances are it won't be with him. If you travel to another plane and for some reason come across someone of whom you develop feelings for... How does that affect in the least anything having to do with your husband, and this life/plane with him? So long as you understand this, and still love your husband, it doesn't.

This is actually quite common, but most people who experience it refuse to admit it happening. Cheers to you, the brave and curious.

Edited by xFelix

No, he dosn't resemble my husband at all. Most of the time I can't remember what he looks like, I just remember his presence, and the strong emotions I feel when he's there. He's usually in my dream for a very brief time, but the impact of it is so strong.

I don't feel guilty, I understand that it's something that i'm not in control of feeling just as I can't control what I dream. I feel lonely for the most part, though I know I'm far from being alone. Homesick I guess?

Thanks for your replies.

You don’t sound pathetic at all. To me this dream is powerful. I feel you are experiencing your soul consciousness in this dream and it’s showing that on the soul level there is no separateness between the physical and nonphysical.

You don’t sound pathetic at all. To me this dream is powerful. I feel you are experiencing your soul consciousness in this dream and it’s showing that on the soul level there is no separateness between the physical and nonphysical.

It's nice to hear that validated by someone else, thanks. It's definetly intense and powerful.

I have had the same sort of dreams, particularly lately. Like you said it was as if the person in my dream is someone who really cares about me and I about him. In one dream a voice told me that I was 'loved' and he was standing there smilling at me. Now I have four grown kids, three are married and one grandchild. (I had also met him in my dream before he was actually born) I have no complaints about my marriage or husband but this other feeling is completely different. It is like when one left a loved one behind and the longing to see them again is very strong. I also get a homesick feeling about being 'back there' where ever that is.It is very hard to describe. I love my family to death but I feel like I don't really belong here and I am terribly homesick for my other home or where ever it was that I came from before being 'here' in this reality. It is like a meloncholy feeling for somewhere else and for someone else. It is like I really belong in another 'reality' and not here. Call me nuts but I cannot control these dreams and when I wake up from one I feel sad and lonely. At least I am not alone and others like yourself have experienced similar dreams and emotions. I wonder what it all means.

I have had the same sort of dreams, particularly lately. Like you said it was as if the person in my dream is someone who really cares about me and I about him. In one dream a voice told me that I was 'loved' and he was standing there smilling at me. Now I have four grown kids, three are married and one grandchild. (I had also met him in my dream before he was actually born) I have no complaints about my marriage or husband but this other feeling is completely different. It is like when one left a loved one behind and the longing to see them again is very strong. I also get a homesick feeling about being 'back there' where ever that is.It is very hard to describe. I love my family to death but I feel like I don't really belong here and I am terribly homesick for my other home or where ever it was that I came from before being 'here' in this reality. It is like a meloncholy feeling for somewhere else and for someone else. It is like I really belong in another 'reality' and not here. Call me nuts but I cannot control these dreams and when I wake up from one I feel sad and lonely. At least I am not alone and others like yourself have experienced similar dreams and emotions. I wonder what it all means.

I could have written your reply word for word, it sums up exactly how these dreams make me feel.

When I had my 1st baby, I was shocked at the love I felt for him. I never imagined being able to hold/give such intense love, ever. It's completly different than the love for another person (husband, mother, sister,friend) and unless you have experienced it, you can't fully understand/appreciate it. The feeling I have for who ever this is I'm dreaming of is exactly like that. Completely different than any feelings for another person, much much more intense. Like I said in my desription of the dreams, the last time I woke up my heart felt like it had been ripped out. My throat was tight and my heart was racing. I felt so alone, even though my husband was sleeping right beside me. I love my husband so so much, but it's totally different and I don't understand it.

It's very comforting to hear someone else describe that experience, Thank you.

I too know what you have been through,How your heart feels,how you wish too see his face just once more,how it feels when you leave,There is one face I see sometimes and she always seems to want to hold my hand and when she does it's like I can feel her soft skin and the warmth of her touch,I thought I was the only one but it happens to many people,I dont know her name and when I do see her her name dosen't matter.Its been about a good 3 years but for some reason I know I will see her again.

Sarah,

We all have spiritual or energetic bonds like what you have described. Most of us are not conscious of them because they would become a distraction from our current life's purpose.

I sense the presence of this person is to support you quietly and in a deep way with your current life.

We are all dearly loved beyond our conscious comprehension.

John

I've met several characters both nasty and nice in re-occuring dreams, and one of them turned out to be a sort of guide, perhaps that causes the connection you are feeling?

The lake portal thing is interesting, appears in a lot of myths about the celtic otherworld.

I've met several characters both nasty and nice in re-occuring dreams, and one of them turned out to be a sort of guide, perhaps that causes the connection you are feeling?

The lake portal thing is interesting, appears in a lot of myths about the celtic otherworld.

Oh I had never heard of that before...that is interesting. There was a lot more to that dream than I what I wrote, I figured it might take up whole new thread so I didn't get into it too much. lol

I dreamed last night that I met a wonderful woman who gave me a calendar, and we fell in love.

did you have a dream that you gave this guy a calendar?

If so, let's meet up and do it.

• Confused 1

I dreamed last night that I met a wonderful woman who gave me a calendar, and we fell in love.

*ahem* do what, exactly? :innocent:

I don't remember what I dreamt last night, so anything's possible I guess.

*ahem* do what, exactly?

exchange calendars, of course!

I'll see if I have another dream of this girl tonight, or in the near future.

A morphing spirit tends to reflect personal idealization or confusion.

That isn't to equate that such a thing is not equivalent to the concrete reality however.

Nevertheless, this makes it easy to "realize" a figure because the figure "is" a part of ourselves.

The concept of soulmate is that the "other" is, in truth, an integral part of our self. A soul mate "is" the extension of our self.

It is to be, literally, "complete" - in every way; the ultimate goal of every human being, whether they know or acknowledge it or not.

You hate the term "soul mate" because modern society tends to stigmatize and discount such notions.

To this I can only say (and, whether you feel this or not, it's objective on my part) - think for yourself.

It's only fair - the naysayers have no qualms doing so; neither should others.

The lake is symbolic of the spiritual, whatever that means to you.

Emotional disturbance/chaos also disturbs the "lake". (That doesn't mean it's "bad" - emotions are necessary for spiritual progress and learning)

They are the counter-balance of abject objectivity.

You're not alone. :) It goes beyond the simplicity of the melancholic.

I too have seen my "other", and know from personal experience that that's just 'how it is'.

"Osul Mates" (Soul Mates): Perhaps it's an idealization. Perhaps not. Let your heart be the guide.

We are often interconnected in ways that a simple, ignorant lifespan could (potentially) not hope to understand.

And that's fine. That's where confidence comes in (or call it faith, whichever you prefer).

A "soul mate" does not have to be a separate person.

A psychologist might suggest that you're not entirely content with your life's situation.

The objective philosopher would then ask (really, say): Who is?

In truth, it represents individual totality, whether or not an external other is involved.

Ask yourself, then: "Who Am I?" ... by which, I do not refer to simplistic labels and titles ...

Next time cuz, try and remind yourself to look at a specific date! ;)

Subconscious revelation, however encompassing, does have its limitations!

Edited by Sevastiel

Like you said it was as if the person in my dream is someone who really cares about me and I about him. In one dream a voice told me that I was 'loved' and he was standing there smilling at me. It is like when one left a loved one behind and the longing to see them again is very strong. I also get a homesick feeling about being 'back there' where ever that is.It is very hard to describe. I love my family to death but I feel like I don't really belong here and I am terribly homesick for my other home or where ever it was that I came from before being 'here' in this reality. It is like a meloncholy feeling for somewhere else and for someone else. It is like I really belong in another 'reality' and not here. Call me nuts but I cannot control these dreams and when I wake up from one I feel sad and lonely. At least I am not alone and others like yourself have experienced similar dreams and emotions. I wonder what it all means.

This is my experience too. To begin with I had a vague idea that he was my Guardian Angel and I guess in some sense he is. The feeling of being loved by him is a thousand times more intense than any Earthly love. But then I was reading a book about angels, soulmates etc and a spirit was mentioned that was quite literally your 'other half' ..... you were only half a person without them in your life. Sometimes, because of the experiences we as individuals want to have in this world, it happens that we end up in this world on our own and our 'other half' is left in the spirit world, which I believe is our 'real' home. As I read this I felt as if I had been thumped in the chest with a plank of wood! The sudden realisation that half of me had stayed in my true home was almost too awful to bear, the sadness was overwhelming.

Edited by ouija ouija

Ouija the separateness is only illusion, a mere condition of a certain level of consciousness. Just a different way to think about it heh.

These dreams allow one to feel at the soul level.

And Neognosis, echoing Sevastiel, did you see a date on the calendar?

Edited by AnVil

These dreams allow one to feel at the soul level.

I think I missed this before. That is a very simple and perfect explanation. :)

• 6 years later...
On 3.1.2012 at 6:17 AM, sarah_ said:

I have a spirit who comes to me once in awhile in my dreams

I wonder when you started having these dreams? Do they still last?

Since I was a child, I frequently have the feeling to miss someone who is not there, but should be. Although I have no idea who this person is, I can feel her and I love and miss her so much, that it hurts physically and makes me - a grown man - cry.

I'm married and know my wife for 15 years, we have raised five wonderful children(ok, one is still "in progress" ;-) ), but nothing seems to fill this hole in my soul.

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker(couldn't find anything about this topic in my language).

• 9 months later...

Wow... I totally get this. I dreamed of him last night and today my heart is aching and I am often at the point of tears for no explainable reason...