Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Chupacabra' Mystery Animal - ALIVE and Well

NatureBoff

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• NatureBoff

• Rafterman

• Goodnite

These just look like animals with mange.

The NJ video is a red fox with mange.

AS well as the first video. It is amazing what fur will cover.

These just look like animals with mange.

I agree with Still Waters on this.

You only have to compare the animals in the videos to the pictures below to see that they are canine in origin (most likely a fox).

The first picture is a fox without fur, while the second is of a coyote with mange.

hairless_fox_crop_8-4_t640.jpg

Coyote_with_mange.jpg

When did the chupacabra turn from this:

chupawitness.jpg

to this:

Puppies-For-Sale-2.jpg

That's exactly what I'd like to know, Fuffybunny!

And that second picture is filled with cuteness, by the way.

I wonder if a bear with mange would confuse people enough to make them think they saw a werewolf..?

Cryptid animals Do exist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSv4zahSSZk

I thought that video was familiar. It's been discussed on here before -

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=212314&hl=chupacabra%20mystery%20animal&st=0

Puppies-For-Sale-2.jpg

Love that dog :wub:

When did the chupacabra turn from this:

chupawitness.jpg

to this:

Puppies-For-Sale-2.jpg

Obviously reverse-evolution of the were-hyrax-glowbird...

And in pre-chupacabra days, the conversation would have gone something like this:

"Hey Jimmy, head on over to Grandma's and shoot that mangy assed coyote she's got in her backyard."

The first video shows an animal with longer back legs though. I'm not going to pursue the point, maybe it is mange...maybe not..

The first video shows an animal with longer back legs though. I'm not going to pursue the point, maybe it is mange...maybe not..

To declare something "cryptid" don't you first have to rule out all known animals?

Have you done that?

Hairlessness makes animals look leaner and leggier. Fur makes animals look bulkier and fatter.

I have hairless rats. I could happily post two separate pics that show you the difference: one of a furred rat with very short looking legs, the other of a hairless with longer legs. In reality, their legs are the same length, but fur 'pads' animals out.

Im always amazed when people think something is a cryptid just because they're not used to seeing hairless animals. I mean, seriously, its obvious to anyone these are foxes with mange or some other hairlessness. There is NOTHING cryptid about them. You can even see the rusty colouration and white tail tip of the fox on the second video.

Added to which, the chupacabra was never a canine like animal, so where all this bull has come from I don't know.

ok i wuld agree that this can be mistaken with "el chupacabra" but one wrong thing how can that fox with no hair cut hole straight to animals vein or artery and drain out all blood the thing that eaven doctors culd not do.

• 1 month later...

Could possibly be a new species. New animals are popping everywhere. A lot are not reported im sure. Plus the american gov. covers up bout anything. that creature looks like it would not suck goats... puh leese. if it tried to attacked a goat im pretty sure goat wins. looks like the taco bell dog had sex with mr. bigglesworth.

new animals pop up but they technically aren't new they are always variations or relatives of animals known to exist.

Here's another one

Definitely a fox. See the white dip on the end of the tail? Like the wildlife expert in the first video has stated, the animals could have mange, dystemper, or just be losing their fur.

Cryptid 'hunters' seem to twist things to their favour. First chupacabra was a reptile-insect looking thing (as described and drawn by the earlier references) but then some mangy animals appear online and these same people then claim "thats a chupacabra". WHAT?

Cryptid 'hunters' seem to twist things to their favour. First chupacabra was a reptile-insect looking thing (as described and drawn by the earlier references) but then some mangy animals appear online and these same people then claim "thats a chupacabra". WHAT?

You gotta cut the poor guys a break - that's all they've got.

Yup, it looks like a Fox to me, I looked at the ears and they are very similar even without fur. Rat Girl is correct in stating that fur/hair changes lots of things, removing the hair makes things look longer (hence why some men shave their pubic hair) while hair makes things look shorter/fatter as you are comparing it against the fur/hair.

I'm pretty sure there is some validity in the claims of a Chupacabra and to all intents are purposes, if it's real to the viewer, it is real. Still, I am very interested in peoples explorations and even thou the videos posted are just videos of foxes with mange, it shows that if it's just an animal, there is a chance you can catch it. Unless the Chupacabra has intelligence and technology, I see no reason why an avid hunter cannot attempt to catch it. Still, humanity has always 'invented' creatures to either hide shame or to boast, a bit like the "lost fish" syndrome of "It was THIS BIG! I could of fed a family of 12 of it!" except, they say it was a supernatural creature or a cryptid. We have hardly touched the oceans and lots of areas are remote enough to hide small creatures, wasn't there a brand new mammal discovered in a volcano crater forest in 2009? Very rare occurrence that.

The fox without fur still manages to be adorable! :wub: