Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if Paul isn't nominated?

Harte

So many folks here want Paul to win. What happens if he's not nominated? Will you vote or not? Who's your backup candidate if Paul isn't nominated?

Harte

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• F3SS

• Paranormalcy

• and-then

Given what I've read they'd still vote for Paul either as a write in or as a head of a third party. It's him or nothing for most of the people on these boards.

One interesting thought that came up is what would happen if Paul agreed to be a VP. So if there was a Romney/Paul ticket, what would happen.

One interesting thought that came up is what would happen if Paul agreed to be a VP. So if there was a Romney/Paul ticket, what would happen.

Then Paul would just prove himself to have been part of the problem. Giving Americans lip service yet selling out to the highest bidder.

In 2008 Ron Paul held a press conference urging voters to select a third-party presidential candidate instead of Barack Obama or John McCain.

Expect him to do the same this go around. He never changes his positions. He's a man of principle and moral values. He has honor. Something terribly missing in society today.

I couldn't vote for RP because his only contribution to government would be a continual use of the veto. A modern day Don Quixote. I don't dislike the guy. He's charming like an odd uncle you see at the holidays but President? Nah.

I voted for Ross Perot in the first election I was able to vote in, and if Ron Paul somehow was actually a candidate for President, I would be hard pressed to vote for someone else even if RP was running as a Republican. Look, they both even have RP as their abbreviation!

But anyway, I voted for Obama and don't regret it because it was the correct vote for the correct reasons, and I think most of us knew once Washington got hold of him (or whoever else), your shining candidate is never the same, especially for those in one of the Big Two Parties. In the election before last, I refused to vote because Oklahoma was not allowed a third party choice and I didn't like the look of anyone on either side and still vehemently oppose the freezeout the Republicans and Democrats have on any other parties. I voted for the local people and left the president section blank, because I still "vote my conscience", as Perot's motto went.

I'm a registered Independent so I don't think I could vote in a Republican election anyway, so I'll have to wait for the big election. Regardless of it being Ron Paul or someone else that I feel is my best choice, if I am unable to vote for that person, I will abstain, just as I've done once already.

If Ron Paul doesnt get the nod, I cant support anyone left over. Might as well just keep 0bama. The results will be the same either way. Im done with the lie that youd be voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

yep...I will not vote for anyone else...I feel rather sure that Ron will run as a Libertrian or Independent if he does not pull the Republican Candidacy....and he should...there is a whole army of people ready to support him...passionate...aggressive...and understanding of the fact that our woes are connected to big corporate greed and he is an answer to that problem...not perfect...a lot of his ideas will never fly...but as commander and chief...it will be within his power to fix one problem....over reaching American military influence and expense...we need to let people fight their own fights and reap the benefits of it...I am not an evangelical fundamentalist...if Israel stands or falls...that is their problem..the idea of maintaining it to allow for the "end of days" scenario is just stupid and ridiculous...."sh!t happens"...let it happen....we should not...by means of separation of church and state...be manipulating foreign policy based on a belief in a scenario that is drawn from religion...and we seem to do that constantly...and it is retarded and ridiculous...

Edited by Damrod

if by any chance, the great Man doesn't get the nomination, I wonder if people will then devote years and years to "proving" that whoever the successful candidate was faked their birth certificate and isn't actually qualified for office ..... :innocent:

if by any chance, the great Man doesn't get the nomination, I wonder if people will then devote years and years to "proving" that whoever the successful candidate was faked their birth certificate and isn't actually qualified for office ..... :innocent:

Lol...your right...waaaay to much time and effort was expended by some folks on a really stupid thought....He is not the best pres we ever had....but I don't think he is the worst...and....he has managed to get some things done...despite an honery congress with a hate driven agenda....

If RP isn't available to vote for, then voting will lose it's purpose this year(unless you vote third party). Every other candidate is essentially the exact same thing with a slightly different flavor.

So many folks here want Paul to win. What happens if he's not nominated? Will you vote or not? Who's your backup candidate if Paul isn't nominated?

Harte

Simple. If RP is not the next President the US will be in a world of hurt. If the US continues on it`s path to be the guiding light with crap leaders nations will no longer respect it, what little respect is left. As a Canadian I will voice my discourse against the US as I see the mighty nation failing large and I want to distance myself from it. I here China is nice this time of year. If any other person but RP wins lol wins what a goofy term, I will be looking to Russia and China to be the nations to carry us on.

In the 1920's and 30's, Congressman Mcfadden stood up against the newly passed Federal Reserve, blamed them for our depression, and looked to impeach.

Soon later he had two assasination attempts on his life, which he survived, only to be poisioned at a Banquet later on.

Ron Paul will suffer the same fate if he continues to stand up against the Fed.

In the 1920's and 30's, Congressman Mcfadden stood up against the newly passed Federal Reserve, blamed them for our depression, and looked to impeach.

Soon later he had two assasination attempts on his life, which he survived, only to be poisioned at a Banquet later on.

Ron Paul will suffer the same fate if he continues to stand up against the Fed.

I also believe that Ron Paul will be assassinated as well regardless if he becomes president or not. He's too different and he stands out from the crowd. It's sad that there are people who will go to great lengths to keep people from making this country better for the next generation.

However, if Ron Paul's name is not on the ballot I will not be voting for anyone else. It's Ron Paul or nothing at all.

If RP runs as an independent Obama is reelected. Obama would probably be reelected anyway but an independent candidacy assures such. A true conservative is probably unelectable and a RINO is useless. So the forecast is for continued gridlock. One upside is that Obama will continue to try to spend monopoly money printed by the fed and the world economic collapse will make us all forget about our political disagreements while we're searching for food and shelter. ;)

Simple. If RP is not the next President the US will be in a world of hurt. If the US continues on it`s path to be the guiding light with crap leaders nations will no longer respect it, what little respect is left. As a Canadian I will voice my discourse against the US as I see the mighty nation failing large and I want to distance myself from it. I here China is nice this time of year. If any other person but RP wins lol wins what a goofy term, I will be looking to Russia and China to be the nations to carry us on.

Well said from someone frome a country that just said you couldn't stand on your own two feet without US. You just said it yourself that you'll need the next best country to carry your own weight. I don't really have anything against Canada but when I hear someone from a country that anticipates disrespecting us based on choices they don't have I feel compelled to remind you that you just said that you can't put your pants on without us. Sounds pretty weak to me. You guys do produce a lot of funny comedians, I'll give you that. Probably not major bragging points to the world in the grand scheme of things though.

Edited by Is it for real

Well said from someone frome a country that just said you couldn't stand on your own two feet without US. You just said it yourself that you'll need the next best country to carry your own weight. I don't really have anything against Canada but when I hear someone from a country that anticipates disrespecting us based on choices they don't have I feel compelled to remind you that you just said that you can't put your pants on without us. Sounds pretty weak to me. You guys do produce a lot of funny comedians, I'll give you that. Probably not major bragging points to the world in the grand scheme of things though.

Are you daft. If Canada cut of trade with the US due to the US being daft would spell the end of the US and it`s economy. For cryin out loud we are going to start trading more with China and Rusia and if you think we need you think again. Second largest nation on the planet, three oceans, more natural recources that you droll over. Never did I say we needed your nation lol talk about ego. You buy oil from the taliban aka SA and we sell it to China ;) cool eh... Canada has more choice then you my friend.

Pretty weak is right. Your viewpoint is at best a joke. Your best and biggest trading partner, Canada you want to mess with. Good Luck. Canada could close your economy over night as Asian markets look pretty fine. Oh wait we are doing that now because of attitudes like yours LOL have fun buddy.

Great question! If Paul isn't nominated I'll vote for Paul anyway. I can foresee one possible exception to this, and that's if I recognize something that makes me believe there is a very important difference between Obama and the incumbent Republican AND their polling stats are so close that the contest could go either way. The former condition doesn't exist yet and the latter needs the former to be a condition itself.

I'm going to work the phone from home bank in South Carolina hard and I humbly plead with every fan of Ron Paul here to do the same. I'm setting a goal of 50-60 calls per day every day until the SC primary. I know how to appeal to the inner-Confederate in these people. "Live Free or Die" NH had a strong libertarian streak in it as well and I'm glad its independent spirit came out to drive Paul into 2nd. Paul is strong but I'll admit it looks unlikely he can stop the Romney money, media, and momentum train. The race will hopefully evolve into one of two greater camps, the anti-establishment Paul vs. the establishment Romney.

If Paul's not elected as President, and particularly if Obama is reelected, I think that there are important ways to protect ourselves financially, there may be some positive changes happening on the state level such as legalization and nullification, and I expect major tax revolts and massive protests in the streets that make 2011's look tame. Like in 2008, the message is The Precious, not the person. Yes, we're very lucky to have Paul as the front man bringing it to light, we'd be one sad bunch of voters without him. But, if we can put the boot heels to Obama or Romney outside of the ballot box it should be the least we can do. The grass we plant now will still be alive in the future whether its founder Ron Paul is alive to see it to its ultimate expression or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Paulbot, Paulite, Paulnut and whatever else you want to call me but we can't let the philosophy die with its deliverer. We must carry the baton onward. I get a kick out of these internet heroes ready to "take a bullet" for their hero Ron Paul. I remind them often to stop taking bullets and start making calls, but somehow making calls is more difficult. Guess they're not as kooky about crazy uncle Ron as I am.

If, Paul isn't elected as the nomination, which does seem likely due to the fact "Romney" supposedly won the election in Iowa. It seems that the Elite already decided who gets the nomination already.

To your question, I will just not vote. Due to this fact I wouldn't vote thanks to the fact that I feel like, I wouldn't have a real choice in the matter.

Edited by Ryinrea

Are you daft. If Canada cut of trade with the US due to the US being daft would spell the end of the US and it`s economy. For cryin out loud we are going to start trading more with China and Rusia and if you think we need you think again. Second largest nation on the planet, three oceans, more natural recources that you droll over. Never did I say we needed your nation lol talk about ego. You buy oil from the taliban aka SA and we sell it to China ;) cool eh... Canada has more choice then you my friend.

Pretty weak is right. Your viewpoint is at best a joke. Your best and biggest trading partner, Canada you want to mess with. Good Luck. Canada could close your economy over night as Asian markets look pretty fine. Oh wait we are doing that now because of attitudes like yours LOL have fun buddy.

It is unbelievable! Arrogance has been at least 1/2 of our problem since WWII.

Thing is as strong as that relationship is Paul would kill several treaties and end our alliance with the US. Then there's the whole gold standard business which would cause huge economic trouble, which in turn would negatively impact our economy. This, along with early twentieth century isolationism, would negatively impact us if Paul was elected. About the only plus I could see is that maybe the US would back off the Arctic...maybe.