Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Airline pilot startled by flying shark

Still Waters

Just when you thought it was safe to re-enter Christchurch airspace this summer – shark!

The pilot of a passenger jet, thought to be an Air New Zealand flight, was on his descent to Christchurch International Airport on Boxing Day when he radioed ground control with an unlikely sighting – a shark flying at several thousand feet.

The fish out of water was identified as a remote-controlled, helium-filled shark that has topped must-have present lists this Christmas.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Englishgent

• SewerRat

• aquatus1

• Toadie

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted and identified a one meter long helium shark novelty. Pilots: reliable UFO witnesses or not?

Spotted and identified a one meter long helium shark novelty. Pilots: reliable UFO witnesses or not?

In his defense...he was right...

In his defense...he was right...

Exactly. Reliable?, Yes. He stated exactly what he saw! I see nothing unreliable in that and I fail to see how anybody can state otherwise :)

Just an afterthought though. Isnt it a little dangerous to be flying one of those things anywhere near a flight path, or was it out of the owner's control?

Those things are basically balloons. Take them out of the house and the slightest breeze will take it way beyond RC range.

Those things are basically balloons. Take them out of the house and the slightest breeze will take it way beyond RC range.

Hope they dont cost too much then :unsure2:

yeh he must of bin drinking like loads and loads and bin drunk as anyfink to make dat fing appear like dat - they need to sack him before e makes like a whale appear or summat and crashes all the plane up, yeh?

SewerRat: It took me a couple of times of reading your comment, but I finally got it! Bin drinking like loads and loads? (I think your t's s****)

Kevinlea . Did you actually read the OP? The pilot saw a shark and reported it and it turned out to be a helium filled shark.

Why should the pilot have been drunk?

Maybe you both should read whats written before making such comments.

As for SewerRats response,,,,,,,well, the same applies except he should maybe close his legs and give his mouth a chance!

edit,,,sorry but it had to be said :)

Edited by Englishgent

So you were too thick to realise that my ironic nonsense was a jibe at Kevinlea's atrocious grammar and wholly illogical response then. I am also an English gent, but happily one with a sense of humour and a dash of intelligence. Tut. Go to the bottom of the class.

No must of been crack to notice something like that

So you were too thick to realise that my ironic nonsense was a jibe at Kevinlea's atrocious grammar and wholly illogical response then. I am also an English gent, but happily one with a sense of humour and a dash of intelligence. Tut. Go to the bottom of the class.

SewerRat. I am sorry for not seeing the humour. I think it was just seeing both posts together and I wrongly assumed you were suggesting the same thing. I apologise. I will now stand in the corner with the pointy hat on until told otherwise

As for the atrocious grammar, that didnt worry me as I would never assume that just because some people cannnot speak or write in what we would consider to be proper grammar, that their opinions do not count.

<------off to stand in the corner :unsure:

By the way. i do actually have a sense of humour but it's seldom understood :)

So Mr Sewerrat you are de gramma schoolboy.Dis guy saw a sharkSwimmin and he say dis was a shark right,and not a fussy lucking UFO.Dis croc he go very qik or maybe plane he go slow.I not forgit you want cum Thailand

SewerRat. I am sorry for not seeing the humour. I think it was just seeing both posts together and I wrongly assumed you were suggesting the same thing. I apologise. I will now stand in the corner with the pointy hat on until told otherwise

As for the atrocious grammar, that didnt worry me as I would never assume that just because some people cannnot speak or write in what we would consider to be proper grammar, that their opinions do not count.

<------off to stand in the corner :unsure:

By the way. i do actually have a sense of humour but it's seldom understood :)

Apology graciously accepted (it's all tongue in cheek, isn't it). I agree that it isn't good netiquette to criticise others' grammar and I don't make a habit of it. It's just that certain howlers (he must of) seem to set me off something awful.

Now get that damned pointed hat off before some other wag here takes you for a member of the KKK and turns the whole thing into a racist shenanigans.

I always thought they were. Especially experienced ones. It saddens me how many UFO explanations rely on pilots being incompetent.

That okay I'm really bored

Ha, ha, ha. Funny. I bought one of these for my grand baby for Christmas at Toys R Us. I did not get her the shark though, I bought her the clown fish. Very cool and she loves it !!! I would have loved to see the faces of the tower when the pilot made this claim ! Very funny, thanks. LOL

So Mr Sewerrat you are de gramma schoolboy.Dis guy saw a sharkSwimmin and he say dis was a shark right,and not a fussy lucking UFO.Dis croc he go very qik or maybe plane he go slow.I not forgit you want cum Thailand

Oh no, the bloody fly-boys are here now.

Tut.

Yeah lol, Robbie is right. Right now in NZ you can buy these flying shark toys. Pretty sure it was one of those lol.

If everyone released one of these,well it would reduce global warming.Go for a shiny one for a good reflection.You wont feel guilty next time you burn dead leaves.

First we had a ghost that broke into peoples homes, now we have flying sharks.

My vote is on mutant killer sausages next.