Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police: Mutilated Cow Found at Northland Farm

Sevastiel

What I wondered is this: is there anyone on this forum with a back ground in biology? It strikes me that one of the ways to get to the bottom of this would be to look at what the removed organs may have in common say at the cellular level:

Rectum

Udder

Male Sex Organs

Tongue

Eye/ear

Can anyone offer some biological information here please?

Edited by zoser

What I wondered is this: is there anyone on this forum with a back ground in biology? It strikes me that one of the ways to get to the bottom of this would be to look at what the removed organs may have in common say at the cellular level:

Rectum

Udder

Male Sex Organs

Tongue

Eye/ear

They all came from dead cows?

They all came from dead cows?

I take it you won't look into this? Have you read much on it or seen any good clips?

Rectum

Udder

Male Sex Organs

Tongue

Eye/ear

With the very little knowledge in biology I have I would offer that the main commonality these parts have is that they are not covered by thick skin and is thus easy to get to for smaller animals.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I take it you won't look into this? Have you read much on it or seen any good clips?

Been there already zoser. I've looked into all of this and found it all to be lacking. Enjoy the trip though, it can be fun to be baffled. That's why mysteries are so popular.

Cheers.

Rectum

Udder

Male Sex Organs

Tongue

Eye/ear

Another couple of questions I would have with respect to cow mutilations being of ET origin are:

• If they have space, why not grab the whole cow (they seem to be able to grab humans)?
  • If no space, why not a DNA sample and then analyze that or grow their own cow to analyze?
  • How about using a portable scanner to scan a cow (given that they can cross interstellar space, a portable scanner should be a small issue.
  • Why cows?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

With the very little knowledge in biology I have I would offer that the main commonality these parts have is that they are not covered by thick skin and is thus easy to get to for smaller animals.

Cheers,

Badeskov

True. Scavengers are opportunists. They go after the easiest and quickly eaten parts first. Basic animal behavior, eat as much as you can as quickly as you can because a large predator or other scavenger could come along and the opportunity to feed is lost.

• Like 1

True. Scavengers are opportunists. They go after the easiest and quickly eaten parts first. Basic animal behavior, eat as much as you can as quickly as you can because a large predator or other scavenger could come along and the opportunity to feed is lost.

Indeed. I would find that rather obvious.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Or IT could of been Gordon Ramsey`s Lookin for more grit`s for HEll`s Kitchen!

Another couple of questions I would have with respect to cow mutilations being of ET origin are:

• If they have space, why not grab the whole cow (they seem to be able to grab humans)?
  • If no space, why not a DNA sample and then analyze that or grow their own cow to analyze?
  • How about using a portable scanner to scan a cow (given that they can cross interstellar space, a portable scanner should be a small issue.
  • Why cows?

Cheers,

Badeskov

All very good questions but questions shouldn't be used to cast doubt on something rather they should propel us even harder to find out what is going on. Vets, police, ranchers are all baffled by this and it is clearly is still going on. How does a predator remove a cow's rectum and more importantly why? Why are they not feeding off the main meat on he carcas? Why the tongue and how are predators extracting this organ? How are the incisions being made by predators when experts are saying that it has to be some laser technology? Why do predators stay away from mutilated carcasses? Where is the blood and why is there no evidence of the animal struggling and predator tracks?

It's very worthy of investigation and after reading a lot of material and watching various clips, it does appear that a lot of people are now embracing the ET hypothesis that previously would not have entertained the idea. There just doesn't seem to be any other plausible explanation. All I can say is do your own investigation.

Edited by zoser

All very good questions but questions shouldn't be used to cast doubt on something rather they should propel us even harder to find out what is going on. Vets, police, ranchers are all baffled by this and it is clearly is still going on. How does a predator remove a cow's rectum and more importantly why? Why are they not feeding off the main meat on he carcas? Why the tongue and how are predators extracting this organ? How are the incisions being made by predators when experts are saying that it has to be some laser technology? Why do predators stay away from mutilated carcasses? Where is the blood and why is there no evidence of the animal struggling and predator tracks?

It's very worthy of investigation and after reading a lot of material and watching various clips, it does appear that a lot of people are now embracing the ET hypothesis that previously would not have entertained the idea. There just doesn't seem to be any other plausible explanation. All I can say is do your own investigation.

While many unconventional explanations have been put forward to explain cattle mutilations, a variety of scientists, veterinary workers and knowledgeable observers (including farmer and other agricultural workers) have suggested more conventional ideas, most of which revolve around the hypothesis that 'mutilated' animals died of natural causes and were subjected to known terrestrial phenomena – including the action of predators, parasites and scavengers.[16]

Missing or mutilated mouth, lips, anus and genitalia are explained as:

• Contraction of missing/damaged areas due to dehydration.
  • The actions of small scavengers and burrowing parasites seeking to enter or consume the body in areas where skin is at its thinnest.

Missing/mutilated eyes and soft internal organs are explained as:

• The action of carrion feeding insects such as blowflies, and opportunistic or carrion birds such as vultures and buzzards which are known to direct themselves toward an animal's eyes, and to enter the body through the openings of the mouth and anus in order to feed on soft internal organs.

Absence of blood is explained as:

• Blood pooling in the lowest points in the body where it will break down into its basic organic components.
  • Blood that is external to the body, or in the area of a wound being consumed by insects or reduced by solar desiccation.

Surgical incisions in the skin are explained as:

• Tears in the skin created when it is stretched by postmortem bloat and/or as dehydration causes the animal's hide to shrink and split, often in linear cuts.
  • Incisions caused by scavengers or predators, possibly exacerbated by the above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation

There you go. Natural explanations for several mutilation characteristics. If you want to know about animal behavior don't look for it on some UFO site. They aren't going to know which end of the cow is which.

And another thing, don't misrepresent the facts. There are very few experts who are 'baffled' by these mutilations, and if they are they likely aren't experts.

http://en.wikipedia....ttle_mutilation

There you go. Natural explanations for several mutilation characteristics. If you want to know about animal behavior don't look for it on some UFO site. They aren't going to know which end of the cow is which.

And another thing, don't misrepresent the facts. There are very few experts who are 'baffled' by these mutilations, and if they are they likely aren't experts.

How come the local law enforcement agencies of Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, and all the Veterinary surgeons that have investigated this are not convinced by your arguments? I'm not an expert in predators of the Mid-west but I fail to see how an animal can remove the jaw flesh from a living creature and then pull out it's tongue leaving behind a surgical like cut.

How come the local law enforcement agencies of Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, and all the Veterinary surgeons that have investigated this are not convinced by your arguments? I'm not an expert in predators of the Mid-west but I fail to see how an animal can remove the jaw flesh from a living creature and then pull out it's tongue leaving behind a surgical like cut.

If I may... S2F has already answered this question for you. I'll highlight the relevant section below.

There are very few experts who are 'baffled' by these mutilations, and if they are they likely aren't experts.

Hope that helps. :tu:

• Like 1

the following is a typical conclusion based on a set of mutilations in Minnesota and Kansas.

Source:

http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tworx112.htm

Various incisions would also be found on the body that were so clear cut that they would have had to have been done with some sort of laser technology that we didn't have when the mutilations started (before 1970). Bones were also clearly cut with no bone fragments around the cut. The bodies would be missing various parts which had also shown to have been removed with accurate precision. UFOs have been linked with these mutilations since they have been sighted at the same time in the same area where the mutilated bodies have been found. Mutilations are differentiated from accidental or predatory death for several reasons. Chief among them is the manner in which the flesh has been removed from the body. Cauterization (the fusing of tissue and blood vessels by heat or chemical means) seems to be typical of mutilations. Unlike animal attack, the flesh, adjoining the area where it has been removed, is smooth and clean as if cut with a searing or laser scalpel. As well, the areas chosen for removal are quite strange. Mainly the sexual, anterior digestive tract and sensory organs are affected.(No predator differentiates so precisely). Still, no tracks of any kind can be found around the mutilation site, except, sometimes, tripod marks. Also, no carrion eaters will touch the mutilated cow even though it has plenty of flesh still left to be eaten

Note that bones have been found cut cleanly too. Very difficult to explain.

Boon, here is another good objective sounding report. Philip Duke PHD:

http://www.angelfire...UFO/page39.html

The evidence suggesting cattle mutilations are ET phenomena is varied and comes from numerous different sources. It is arrived at by logical exclusion of all alternative explanations, and by being the only explanation capable of explaining the strange facts. The ET explanation is bizarre but then so are the facts.

In fact this is the most impartial and detailed write up that fits the facts that I have ever seen. A recommended read.

Edited by zoser

All very good questions but questions shouldn't be used to cast doubt on something rather they should propel us even harder to find out what is going on.

You are making an artificial distinction where none should be made to create a case where none is. Questions should indeed be asked and if they create doubt, the case has to be made even better. By rejecting the questions and the doubts they raise you essentially exhibit willful ignorance. If you cannot answer the questions and they raise doubts, you have no case. It is one of the cornerstones of science.

Vets, police, ranchers are all baffled by this and it is clearly is still going on.

No, they are not. ET proponents like that idea, but it is simply not true. Why do you think that such reports are not found in vet science journals or the like? Because there is no mystery, simply.

How does a predator remove a cow's rectum and more importantly why?

Because it is exposed and the predator was hungry maybe?

Why are they not feeding off the main meat on he carcas?

As stated earlier, the main meat is covered by thick skin. Small predators may not be able to get through that.

Why the tongue and how are predators extracting this organ?

Sigh. You really don't want to understand, do you?! Again, the tongue is an exposed organ. Much easier to get to than the main meat under the thick skin.

How are the incisions being made by predators when experts are saying that it has to be some laser technology?

Please do feel free to reference any such expert, as this is an entirely made up claim by UFOlogists.

Why do predators stay away from mutilated carcasses?

Who says they do? Again, feel free to cite an expert (no, I am not asking for some random UFO site, a real expert with scientific credentials).

Where is the blood and why is there no evidence of the animal struggling and predator tracks?

Again, please do cite.

You really need to get off those fringie websites that it is very obvious that you source your material from. Read some information from real experts. I know, it'll take the dream away, but I think it would do you good.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

the following is a typical conclusion based on a set of mutilations in Minnesota and Kansas.

Source:

http://www.zetatalk....rd/tworx112.htm

Various incisions would also be found on the body that were so clear cut that they would have had to have been done with some sort of laser technology that we didn't have when the mutilations started (before 1970). Bones were also clearly cut with no bone fragments around the cut. The bodies would be missing various parts which had also shown to have been removed with accurate precision. UFOs have been linked with these mutilations since they have been sighted at the same time in the same area where the mutilated bodies have been found. Mutilations are differentiated from accidental or predatory death for several reasons. Chief among them is the manner in which the flesh has been removed from the body. Cauterization (the fusing of tissue and blood vessels by heat or chemical means) seems to be typical of mutilations. Unlike animal attack, the flesh, adjoining the area where it has been removed, is smooth and clean as if cut with a searing or laser scalpel. As well, the areas chosen for removal are quite strange. Mainly the sexual, anterior digestive tract and sensory organs are affected.(No predator differentiates so precisely). Still, no tracks of any kind can be found around the mutilation site, except, sometimes, tripod marks. Also, no carrion eaters will touch the mutilated cow even though it has plenty of flesh still left to be eaten

Note that bones have been found cut cleanly too. Very difficult to explain.

Zetatalk?!?!?! Seriously?!

Good grief, Zoser :blink:

Cheers,

Badeskov

Holy Hell, zoser!!! You really need to watch your sources better.

Let me just say that you by this blasted away the little that was left of your credibillity.

ZETATALK!? BWWAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA :clap:

Hey zoser, you seem to prefer videos as opposed to other sources, so here's one. It even has that 'documentary' flair that you seem to enjoy.

It even has trustworthy police officers offering testimony. It should be right up your alley.

• Like 1

Hey zoser, you seem to prefer videos as opposed to other sources, so here's one. It even has that 'documentary' flair that you seem to enjoy.

[media=]

[/media]

It even has trustworthy police officers offering testimony. It should be right up your alley.

Good video, S2F! Again, I really want to see a real expert to call this a mystery before I consider it one.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I have a question for you Badeskov, if that is ok with you..... What is it with this topic UFO/ETH that you yourself find the most intriguing? Cattle mutilations and crops circles or stories about alien abducters arent doing it for most people.

Hope that makes sense?

I have a question for you Badeskov, if that is ok with you..... What is it with this topic UFO/ETH that you yourself find the most intriguing? Cattle mutilations and crops circles or stories about alien abducters arent doing it for most people.

Hope that makes sense?

Feel free to ask :)

Frankly, I find crop circles, cattle mutilations and the abduction stories utterly absurd as a whole. What I find fascinating about this whole conundrum is the what if and the science behind it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Feel free to ask :)

Frankly, I find crop circles, cattle mutilations and the abduction stories utterly absurd as a whole. What I find fascinating about this whole conundrum is the what if and the science behind it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I'll admit that the psychology of belief and the subsequent total abuse of logic intrigues me as well. It's obviously a human trait because at some level we all do it regarding our closely held beliefs yet the extent that 'paranormal' believers got to is an unexplained mystery unto itself.

I'll admit that the psychology of belief and the subsequent total abuse of logic intrigues me as well. It's obviously a human trait because at some level we all do it regarding our closely held beliefs yet the extent that 'paranormal' believers got to is an unexplained mystery unto itself.

I find that incredible interesting aswell. Why people believe in these weird things. Suspending logic and critical thinking to get the result they so dearly want.

I find these points most interesting:

A veterinarian examined the cow, and determined that it’s vagina and udder had been removed. According to the police report, the vet told officers that it was a precise cut and whoever did it “knew what they were doing.”

say wha.....

”It’s amazing, like how the vet said, if he had done a massive masectomy like that on a cow there would be blood all over the field, but there was no blood,” said Phillip.

Police say that when the cow was discovered on Thursday morning, the gate was still locked and there were no footprints or tire tracks leading to the dead cow.

Hmmmm,,,,,,

“It’s somewhat amazing because the lack of evidence,” said Phillip, who says that he discovered one of his own cows mutilated 30 years ago. When he asked his vet for an explanation, Phillip says that he just looked towards the sky.

Obviously his vet does not work for the governmet LOL