Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan Tsunami Fast Swim Unidentified Creature

NatureBoff

This footage is authentic and shows something extraordinary. The film is shown again and made easier to see what is happening:

This fast swimming fits with the smooth grey dogman-type cryptid which is reported to swim at incredible speed. The rear legs over in a cyclic fashion also fits the third enhanced footage very well imo.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• Englishgent

• grendals_bane

• Mr.United_Nations

Looks to me like the shadow of a helicopter or something else flying overhead.

You refer to "rears legs in a cyclic fashion" but there's nothing like that even remotely discernable in this footage.

i think it is some kind of shadow.. i do not see 'water disruption'

anything going through the water is going to make some kind of disruption, yet other then a shadow the water remains smooth without any kind of spirals or ANYTHING as far as i can see.

Is it me or there is absolutely nothing to see in the OP

Nothing but a tsunami and the shadow of a helicopter. Certainly no hyrax-dogman-alien-gloworm. We all know that they don't even like water....

It does not seem to effect the water, something that fast would have left a white wake behind it. Could be a bird flying below the chopper and the rest is artifacting from the video equipment/software.

I had a look at the video frame by frame and I am pretty certain it is the shadow of a helicopter.

Smugfish,

I am sure this has been asked before.I read a lot of your posts, and each time you start a new one, I have a harder time believing you seriously believe what you are posting.

I just want to know, do you trully believe the " cryptid " topics you post, or are you doing this for a laugh?

No offense, just asking.

Looks to me like the shadow of a helicopter or something else flying overhead.

You refer to "rears legs in a cyclic fashion" but there's nothing like that even remotely discernable in this footage.

I agree, You can distinctly see the "shadow" is on top of the water, Good Call!!

Smugfish,

I am sure this has been asked before.I read a lot of your posts, and each time you start a new one, I have a harder time believing you seriously believe what you are posting.

I just want to know, do you trully believe the " cryptid " topics you post, or are you doing this for a laugh?

No offense, just asking.

I've been reading his topics since before I started posting here. (I thought he was gone for a while. The name change fooled me.)

He has to be doing it for fun. All the hyrax-were-whatever. It has to be for a laugh.

The helicopter shadow looks the most likely to me. Before I read any replies I noticed there wasn't any movement in the water and the shadow makes sense. Other than that it looks like a torpedo!

I have to agree, its a shadow :S

At first I thought it might just be a fish. But then when everyone pointed out that there was no water disturbance I think I agree it was a shadow. I've seen a lot of times were fish swim around in the surf, but usually it is quite a bit deeper then they are high, so unless the water here is pretty deep, I'd vote shadow.

I reckon if he left though we'd all miss him....:)

This is true.

Other than that it looks like a torpedo!

You've made the right assessment there ladyK, it does look a bit like a torpedo. A helicopter shadow doesn't fit the perspective and light conditions imo. It also wouldn't create ripples which are seen in the second enhanced footage. A helicopter shadow can therefore be ruled out imo.

Now see that the image 'jumps' over a barrier of some kind, and slows down slightly to do so. Compare with this classic CCTV footage, (which has *not* been shown to be a fake) and you'll see a good fit. The body of the object can also be seen to arch and bend like that of a fast running animal. Play these at the same time and they are almost identical!

Edited by tailormaneinafog

I can almost guarantee that it is a helicopter shadow. Among many others from Okinawa, my husband's HH-60 unit went there for search and rescue. This looks almost exactly like a shadow of one of them. ( trust me I see that shadow so often I know it well lol)

Also as already stated there is zero water disruption which would certainly occur IMO..although the second video is slightly more convincing. At best I would say octopus or squid maybe?

Edited by spooki

You've made the right assessment there ladyK, it does look a bit like a torpedo. A helicopter shadow doesn't fit the perspective and light conditions imo. It also wouldn't create ripples which are seen in the second enhanced footage. A helicopter shadow can therefore be ruled out imo.

Now see that the image 'jumps' over a barrier of some kind, and slows down slightly to do so. Compare with this classic CCTV footage, (which has *not* been shown to be a fake) and you'll see a good fit. The body of the object can also be seen to arch and bend like that of a fast running animal. Play these at the same time and they are almost identical!

The first video shows the shadow of a helicopter. The bit where you say it jumps is the same effect you would get from a shadow going over a wave. It is plainly obvious that the water is rising over some obsticle giving rise to this effect.

As for the second video orf the alleged monster running across a British motorway, it looks like an Irish Wolfhound to me!

I dont see anything abnormal in either video. :)

Do we even know what kind of enhancement the second video is? If we dont know what is being enhanced how can we use it to gain any new information?

I can almost guarantee that it is a helicopter shadow. Among many others from Okinawa, my husband's HH-60 unit went there for search and rescue. This looks almost exactly like a shadow of one of them. ( trust me I see that shadow so often I know it well lol)

Also as already stated there is zero water disruption which would certainly occur IMO..although the second video is slightly more convincing. At best I would say octopus or squid maybe?

Okay, it's nice to hear from someone with on-hand experience spooki. Your octopus or squid would certainly be moving a *lot* faster than any other ever seen. Your analysis gives the fast swimming cryptid assumption a lot more credibility imo. Thanks for the post :)

Okay, it's nice to hear from someone with on-hand experience spooki. Your octopus or squid would certainly be moving a *lot* faster than any other ever seen. Your analysis gives the fast swimming cryptid assumption a lot more credibility imo. Thanks for the post :)

Spooki has hands-on experience with helicopters and says she can almost guarantee that this is the shadow of one, how does this give the idea that the video shows a fast swimming cryptid any credibility whatsoever ? Your response doesn't reflect the post you are quoting.

It is as plain as day it is a helicopter shadow, just compare the images below.

flight-to-kabul-014.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-01-09-18h30m50s186.png

Squid can move very fast. How big are you supposing this thing in the water is? Bigger then a helicopter shadow?

To me it seems quite telling that the video starts where it does. Why not include the previous few seconds before this one starts? I would assume that maybe its because the shadow could then be seen to be travelling over the land just as its travelling over the water