Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran...are we going to attack them

Damrod

It's my theory that the closer two religions are the more their followers want to kill each other. I mean the old Catholic Church didn't care about Hindus. Jews? Try to convert them or kick them out of the country. Muslims? Wars and a bit of slavery. Protestants? BURN THEM!!!

I wouldn't call the sanctions a blockade since Iran has no trouble trading with Russia or China.

Yes and no and I suppose I need to look this up...I thought Russia and China had agreed to the sanctions and were only trading at a humanitarian level for food and the raw necessities of life?...I mean if it were open trade...hell China and Russia are huge markets...our sanctions would be pointless...no...they are suffering and they are angry...thus the "power display"...."We have missiles!!"...meh....a patriot will take care of those things....but they felt a HUGE need to show they are still trying....so...I think that comes from desperation...if they were trading fully....they would not be in such bad positions...

Edited by Damrod

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• ninjadude

• lightly

• Yamato

Yes and no and I suppose I need to look this up...I thought Russia and China had agreed to the sanctions and were only trading at a humanitarian level for food and the raw necessities of life?...I mean if it were open trade...hell China and Russia are huge markets...our sanctions would be pointless...no...they are suffering and they are angry...thus the "power display"...."We have missiles!!"...meh....a patriot will take care of those things....but they felt a HUGE need to show they are still trying....so...I think that comes from desperation...if they were trading fully....they would not be in such bad positions...

The latest sanctions are aimed at Iran's oil sales. Between 60 and 80 percent of their total revenues. They are getting a bit desperate I think. The sanctions won't be in effect for a month or so but the bluster that's coming from Tehran says this set will HURT. Russia and China still do a lot of business with Iran but they also are willing to use this situation to leverage really good prices for the oil that's no longer going to be sold to Europe. Real friends huh?

Also - Iran is crowing today about the beginning of enrichment to 20% of uranium in the Fordo site. A friendly little enrichment operation under about 300 ft of mountain rock. That facility may prove to be counterproductive for the mullahs and A'jad aka "monkey boy" - so dubbed by a political rival in Tehran a few years back.

Counter productive in that the only weapon that will guarantee collapse and destruction of such a site is a low yield nuke on a deep penetrating bunker buster bomb. And the day after? The world will howl and beat their chest in rage and do exactly nothing of consequence. Iran will probably activate their proxies (stooges) in the Gaza and Lebanon and Israel will show what their forces are capable of when they aren't hamstrung by DC. A big old bloody mess all because the Iranians miscalculated the resolve of Israel to just survive. :tu:

I don't know what to think...we have the Iranian military in motion but then we do a humanitarian thing and save some of their fishermen...

I am afraid that we are trying to pick a fight....and I think that the Iranians know they don't have a snowballs chance in h*ll of beating us...but I also understand the idea of entering hostilities is connected to the Military Industrial machine that drives our economy....and I have issues with that...

I personally prefer the Ron Paul Idea of "just worry about us" and bring our troops home...if this middle eastern country attacks that one....so be it...it is not our fight...we can make it without them...but...I know the Christian Fundamentalist think this is all staging for the "end of days" and it causes us to be involved in crap we really should leave alone...it is not Armegeddon people...it is just posturing and pride...

Just my opinion though...

When the next Republican President gets voted into the White House. That President will claim WMDs and drag us into another 10 year war and at the same time will try to pick a fight with N. Korea and end up dragging the US into a second war with N. Korea.

Russia and China have been blocking a lot of the harsher sanctions that the US has been trying to get slaped on Iran. I believe the current round of sanctions is mainly coming from Europe. While Russia and China will of course take advantage of the situation and the sanctions will hurt a lot Iran is still going to be able to find markets to sell their oil. Just poking around it seems even with all the sanctions the US has slapped on them Iranian oil profits have been increasing over the last year or so.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/01/07/world/middleeast/07irangraphic3.html?ref=middleeast

Russia and China have been blocking a lot of the harsher sanctions that the US has been trying to get slaped on Iran. I believe the current round of sanctions is mainly coming from Europe. While Russia and China will of course take advantage of the situation and the sanctions will hurt a lot Iran is still going to be able to find markets to sell their oil. Just poking around it seems even with all the sanctions the US has slapped on them Iranian oil profits have been increasing over the last year or so.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/01/07/world/middleeast/07irangraphic3.html?ref=middleeast

Yeaah...essentially all they have to do is make threats and the prices go up. Handy skill to have and a great way to make money.

In the end; its all about $$$$ and where we can make the most money. Its all about politics and where they can throw around the most power in politics.

But, I agree about the drone. I had to laugh when Obama had to ask Iran politely for it back? Like a country with Nuclear Weapons "intentions" is going to play nice and return our spying technology? LMAO!

I read on Fox News Headlines last night that Iran has stated that they plan to share their breaking technology of Uranium Ore with Nations like Africa who have Uranium that can help fuel Nuclear Reactors. So does this mean they already have Nukes? Probably, and also why we are sending drones to spy to collect evidence of it.

This is why Faux News should be banned, Africa is NOT a nation, it IS a Continent...

Today the Iranian military is rattling sabers about closing the choke point for about a sixth of the WORLDS oil. The US and some allies are making calculations of how to handle the temporary disruption and prices are climbing just because of the talk. Consensus is (often wrong) the disruption would be for a few days while Iran's navy is destroyed. But what if Iran already possessed a nuke? Then defying the nutty mullahs would involve a potential exchange of nuclear weps.

The game stakes get MUCH bigger and so do the consequences for a mistake. Today the Iranians have, in their benevolence, offered to share the knowledge for the nuclear fuel cycle with any African nation that has Uranium deposits. It's a cluster any way you approach it and I expect a miscalculation will be the spark for a deepening crisis that no one is prepared for today.

One last thing though: note to self...if someone says they're going to kill you - take them seriously just in case :tu:

If Iran does possess one or more nuclear weapons, then we all know where those are headed if they decide to launch them. I highly doubt they'd hit the target and would be destroyed in flight but it would also prompt Israel to respond in kind.....and as far as I know Iran has no missile shield.

The dumbest thing Iran could do is attempt a strike like that. There's no way they could win....but the more I read what Ahmadinejad says....the more I believe he doesn't really care. There are some who have alluded that he is calling himself the Islamic Mahdi.

It's pretty scary when you actually feel comforted that the Ayatollah runs the whole deal there.

"We" all know where Israel's nuclear weapons are aimed as well.

To the OP, why in the world would we "attack" Iran?

When the next Republican President gets voted into the White House. That President will claim WMDs and drag us into another 10 year war and at the same time will try to pick a fight with N. Korea and end up dragging the US into a second war with N. Korea.

Oh I see what you did there...

Dubya personally ruined your life.

I get it...

:wacko:

I guess I'm not one of the "we". Where are Israel's nukes pointed? And when (40+ years) have they threatened anyone with them?

This is why Faux News should be banned, Africa is NOT a nation, it IS a Continent...

Really? Do they ban media outlets in Spain for typos? If so that's pretty stern. Much sterner than say, voting down a government that was willing to stand against terrorism just because you got a little bloodied in the fight. :cry:

I don't know...??? question.gif

It has been a hot topic among the Repub candidates saying the Obama is weak or Ron Paul has dangerous foreign policy...and 5 out of 6 of them speak aggressively about implementing military force against Iran.

Which begs to ask...Why is it the Republicans always seem to have a war or military action simmering and brewing on the back burner?

I have a theory...it's the Military Industrial machine they are all somehow connected to for personal gain...be it direct investment in the weapons contractors or indirectly through suppliers to them...they broadcast fear tactics to get Americans to accept the expenditure of huge amounts of taxes toward these "investments" and they reap the rewards...same could be done if these "military contractors" became "General Contractors" and built bridges instead of bombs...roads instead of warships...instead of soldiers going off to die, you have construction workers going to work...

Sorry...makes sense to me...but it's just my opinion though...

I guess I'm not one of the "we". Where are Israel's nukes pointed? And when (40+ years) have they threatened anyone with them?

At Iran.

When did Iran threaten anyone? (and no whathisname did not say that)

It has been a hot topic among the Repub candidates saying the Obama is weak or Ron Paul has dangerous foreign policy...and 5 out of 6 of them speak aggressively about implementing military force against Iran.

Which begs to ask...Why is it the Republicans always seem to have a war or military action simmering and brewing on the back burner?

I have a theory...it's the Military Industrial machine they are all somehow connected to for personal gain...be it direct investment in the weapons contractors or indirectly through suppliers to them...they broadcast fear tactics to get Americans to accept the expenditure of huge amounts of taxes toward these "investments" and they reap the rewards...same could be done if these "military contractors" became "General Contractors" and built bridges instead of bombs...roads instead of warships...instead of soldiers going off to die, you have construction workers going to work...

You got it in one.

At Iran.

At USA last week or week before that and Iraq during the Iraq-Iran war.

I don't see that, There's too many roads and anyway Iran is capable to do that with China, Russia and North Korea, it does not want help from the West, no matter who is President or Prime Minister. Even if America did not go to war, Iran would still grow and grow and with hatred against the West and Israel, to me that's a huge concern.. with North Koreans helping to build Iran, that's even a bigger concern. the only way Iran will attack is by Israel attacking Syria, but I don't see that happening

Meaningless drivel. We get the same thing several times a year from North Korea.

Even if America did not go to war, Iran would still grow and grow and with hatred against the West and Israel, to me that's a huge concern.

How does that affect you personally? How does it affect your country? Is there something wrong with a foreign nation "growing"? if so we have a lot of problems. There are a lot of nations that hate the "west". That's not a big concern. Your really problem seems to be that you irrationally hate Iran for something you can't describe.

At Iran.

You're choosing to be obtuse. Ahmadinejad (like most muslims) is an Israel/America hater and he frequently talks about them being destroyed. He is waiting on the mahdi for heaven's sake. Check into Islamic eschatology about who that is and what it means for anyone who doesn't want to be a slave to the evil religiopolitical system of Islam. Oh wait, being enslaved is okay if you can win a political argument...

Applying your own set of morals to this system of conquest and domination is useless. Read their own scriptures...read translations of their speeches to their own people.

The answer that you refused to acknowledge about Israel is that they have NEVER threatened anyone with annihilation. **EDIT**

**Tone it down, And Then.**

And I make no distinction between so called radicals and "moderates" because in 10 years of war the moderates have yet to even push a PR campaign against the terror thugs of their shared "religion of peace". We are in a war for our survival as a nation with a distinct culture. People like you make the argument sound like a civil rights debate. Not sure what if anything will get you to choose sides with America but the choice may have real consequences soon.

Edited by aquatus1

Iran threatened Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war? Please tell me this is a joke so I can stop laughing.

You're choosing to be obtuse. Ahmadinejad (like most muslims) is an Israel/America hater and he frequently talks about them being destroyed. He is waiting on the mahdi for heaven's sake. Check into Islamic eschatology about who that is and what it means for anyone who doesn't want to be a slave to the evil religiopolitical system of Islam. Oh wait, being enslaved is okay if you can win a political argument...

Applying your own set of morals to this system of conquest and domination is useless. Read their own scriptures...read translations of their speeches to their own people.

The answer that you refused to acknowledge about Israel is that they have NEVER threatened anyone with annihilation. For Muslims it's their wet dream to slaughter ALL the Jews and then America.

And I make no distinction between so called radicals and "moderates" because in 10 years of war the moderates have yet to even push a PR campaign against the terror thugs of their shared "religion of peace". We are in a war for our survival as a nation with a distinct culture. People like you make the argument sound like a civil rights debate. Not sure what if anything will get you to choose sides with America but the choice may have real consequences soon.

A little harsh? I have to disagree with your view , because it's not true. Do you honestly believe that All People of the Muslim Faith want to "slaughter ALL the Jews and then America" !?

There are millions of Americans who practice Islam. They aren't all out to get you.

How does that affect you personally? How does it affect your country? Is there something wrong with a foreign nation "growing"? if so we have a lot of problems. There are a lot of nations that hate the "west". That's not a big concern. Your really problem seems to be that you irrationally hate Iran for something you can't describe.

I was born in Venezuela who have ties with Iran however I don't want Iran meddling among the Americas, Iran can p*** off for all i care.

If Iran goes to war, Venezuela will might help during the war.

The answer that you refused to acknowledge about Israel is that they have NEVER threatened anyone with annihilation. For Muslims it's their wet dream to slaughter ALL the Jews and then America.

You sir are a loon. Christians wish for the "end times" as well. Hating someone is not a reason to bomb them. Being Islamic is not a reason to bomb them. The rest of your rant is pure BS.

Why would you be laughing? Countries at war tend to exchange threats.

The US is not at war with Iran. Try to keep up.

The US is not at war with Iran. Try to keep up.

And that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. You might want read posts before commenting on them.