Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What If "They" Are Lying to Us?

acidhead

January 7, 2012

What If "They" Are Lying to Us? -Judge Napolitano

[Note: Ron Paul's name is mentioned in the youtube account holders title but it's only because his name is touched on near the end of this brilliant speech by Judge Napolitano. And yes, this is from the FOX news station, but this 4 minute clip is a brilliantly laid out description of media bias aimed everyday at the typical mainstream media viewer...................Watch it and 'judge' for yourself:]

I have the unfiltered opinion that we are being lied to everyday by the media into accepting their angles of engineered opinion. Whenever I notice what I am hearing or seeing on a televised or radio program I feel like reaching through the screen or speaker and grabbing that person and yell at them, "STOP LYING TO ME!"

Many people, including many of my friends and even my own family and yes, people here on this forum will whole heartedly say that the media lies to us yet I am amazed everyday how often I will hear these same people repeat media claims which are false or distorted and pass it off as true. What happens next is disheartening to say the least. Once it's pointed out that their engineered opinion on the subject matter is not entirely correct and perhaps they should investigate for themselves first hand instead of allowing the media to prepare-package-and-deliver-it-for-you their inner-ego feels threatened and they lash out in a offensive-defensive manner.

It is one thing, to claim the media cannot be trusted!

It is entirely the opposite, to claim the media cannot be trusted - and to repeat their erroneous claims as fact without investigating for yourself!

We are all individuals, imperfect human beings all pursuing our own interests on this imperfect planet and we all owe it to ourself to investigate all points of interest before we will pass them off as fact to another individual. More importantly, we owe it to ourself.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 5

The "news" has always been edited to reflect the opnion of whatever billionaire owns the station/paper. And of course, some of it is total fiction but that doesn't stop us using it to back-up an argument when it suits us.

I guess we just need to accept that human beings are naturally sneaky and devious. lol

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Acidhead

I agree.

IMO, media is selective reporting. It is controlled.

Where I live there's a lot of control over media. As an advocate for minority groups I've got absolutely nowhere. People in the media have confessed to me that they are not allowed to report publically things I tell them or they will loose their jobs. Everything has to look fine in the 'Lucky Country'. It's far from fine. I can not publish my book unless I take most of the 'truth' out. If I took out what they want removed there would be hardly anything left!

I also notice when I post some things on forums people see me as making stuff up or being mislead by foreign propaganda or just having no 'evidence'. Some things I'm just not legally allowed to do, like mention names. Also somethings I'd like to mention but would be accused of being racist or having a questionable agenda. I never say anything unless I have personally experienced it; seen a factually backed documentary; or have checked up my info or come to logical conclusions that are obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. Sure sometimes I may misunderstand something...we all guilty of that.

The media is very unreliable. Due to this I have learnt to read daily several news sources to see if they are on the same page. Including foreign media. I read reader comments which are helpful in getting the feel of how people from different countries feel. Make friends in different countries and ask how things are in their country. This is why joining a forum like UM is good as there are some here that do step back and look at things logically with the whole picture in mind or are good enough to go and do some research.

But sadly some don't want to hear truth no matter what or who says it. I can't but help laugh when I think of a guy visiting Darwin who said Cyclone Tracy did not happen in 1974 but in 1975. He based this on the fact he remembered his brother had done something in that same year and thus it was very rememberable to him though neither he or his brother were in Darwin during that time. Well, I was IN Cyclone Tracy. I LIVED it. But he would not hear otherwise and three of his friends with him took his side. It was pride at the end of the day. Instead of just saying his memory was a little off. Nope. Goodness, just google Cyclone Tracy to find dates. Just ask any long term Darwin local for the date. If someone wants to be blind to the facts like the grass is green and they want to believe it is violet blue there will be no convincing them otherwise. THIS is why the public is so gullible to believe what they hear through the media. No one likes to be lied to. And many are too lazy to double treble check info. Some just don't care.

Actually, it was my being part of a cult for several years that has made me check facts numerous times. I once believed losts of stuff on face value. But never, ever again.

I've also noticed an incredible capacity for people to read things incorrectly. I confess I can often word things in a way that is hard to understand so I have to reword what I have said. But even that often doesn't work.

The "news" has always been edited to reflect the opnion of whatever billionaire owns the station/paper. And of course, some of it is total fiction but that doesn't stop us using it to back-up an argument when it suits us.

I guess we just need to accept that human beings are naturally sneaky and devious. lol

Spot on, Eldorado.

• Like 1

I'm not usually a Fox News fan, but I do like the plain truth guy sometimes.

I think most media is biased. Not necessarily lying, but not disclosing the whole story either- just disclosing that slice that suits them best.

I do get mad at the media a lot, but in a way I can't get too mad at them too often. They are often a biproduct of society, and we love our dirty laundry, the inside scoop, the he said/she said game. We don't want to just hear the news- we want the "flashy" version of it. We get our own vices used against us.

I've never had much of a problem chewing through it because of how I was raised- research thrice, then check once more just to be sure. Then start getting your thoughts together on the subject, and usually, if you don't land on the side of the coin, you didn't do enough research. There never is just two sides to the story.

As a personal hahaha, they need more different chicks on the major networks. I tend to utilize print more than TV news, and I commented once to my hubby about the same blond chick appearing all over the place. He told me that nope, that's several different women who look similar.

Because of media bias is the reason I say don't get stuck on one source of news. What happened to the days when we had hard hitting investigative journalist. It seems anymore all they do is sit in a studio and read a prompter or just giving you their personal opinion which may or may not be the truth. I get tired of them inviting someone on their shows and not letting them speak because what they are saying is not the hosts opinion.

Unfortunately I am going to have to wait to go to a friends house to watch this video. My internet stinks worse than it did.

• Like 1

Of course the media lies to us...it is an engineered system of marketing and self expression. It is all gathered together to get you to spend your money on this or that....seriously.

I have a whole plethora of opinion on how we are manipulated toward this goal or that goal for the bottom line of corporate budgeting...it is a fact...and it goes back nearly a century....to the dawn of "mass media".

I'm going to post this video....it is very long...you need to open it in youtube and bookmark it as you progress...It is nearly 4 hours...but it says some profound things about us as human beings and as consumers...it is brilliant and ugly at the same time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPzGUsYyKM&feature=youtu.be

You might not think it applies until you watch the whole thing...we are being steered and engineered folks...

here is some more good stuff to wake you up....watch and read all of them....it might be good for you to see these...

I am normaly not a conspiracy theorist...but if you cannot look around you and see that the world is being manipulated to the advantages of the few....you should kill yourself because you are blind AND stupid...

Edited by Damrod

I know most of you probably won't watch what I have shared...but man I sure wish you would...it is not craziness...it is not focused marketing...it is just straight up truth...fact...call it what you want....if you do not think our society is being socially engineered....by all means please share whatever it is you are smoking.

This corporation...the one I work for that I will not cal out....is actually the hypocrisy at large...look up their European operations....what a bunch of ****s.....

I think some folks need to watch every single video or be unqualified to participate.....we are not buy outs.....and to assume so is ****ty....

Edited by Damrod

I have work to do...if you want to screw over pioneering progress,,,,get over it,,,,,,fact to fact....no you vannot bea =t me.....I'm going and no looking back,,,,,f the status quo

Edited by Damrod

how ridiculous...wouldn't allow me to add two more files...her's the ones I had to delete for....whatever reasons...

http://rense.com/general78/believe.htm

Absolutely BRILLIENT!!! Thanks so much for posting this, Damrod. It's unfortunately the only video out of your collection I can view as I no longer have unlimited download. George Carlin is someone I agree with 100% most of the time. Now that he has died I think I will add him to my tattoo list on my arm of people I most admire.

THIS is precisely why I've never voted and NEVER will. Just like George.

Thankfully the 'controllers' will be gone soon, IMO. WWIII this year (which is being orchastrated), IMO. Then other stuff and all over. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I've been waiting a looooooooooooong time. I don't really expect to come out alive but oh, well, lived longer than a lot of people have. And I've had fair share of excitement and have lived a life with no regrets.

All the best to you, Damrod.

Reason for edit: Forgot to add something.

Edited by SamDavies

Because of media bias is the reason I say don't get stuck on one source of news. What happened to the days when we had hard hitting investigative journalist. It seems anymore all they do is sit in a studio and read a prompter or just giving you their personal opinion which may or may not be the truth. I get tired of them inviting someone on their shows and not letting them speak because what they are saying is not the hosts opinion.

Unfortunately I am going to have to wait to go to a friends house to watch this video. My internet stinks worse than it did.

Ditto Hilander...I watch Fox and MSNBC and CNN and DW TV and Mosaic World News and Al Jazeera English among others. They all have a bias but by watching and reading multiple sources I feel I'm getting a certain balance. I can remember watching news as a kid in '67 or '68 (yeah I'm an old coot)and listening to Walter Cronkite or David Brinkley and the only time they gave commentary on the news was in a segment identified as commentary. Now the news is mostly commentary and opinion..it's ridiculous.

• Like 1

The media is most definitely biased. The form of journalism and reporting seems to be influenced by a liberal bias. As opposed to when journalism actually mattered and was respected, when integrity was apart of the job, journalism today in the media seems to be a vultures job. The thing about journalism was that it challenged the ideas of the government - actually challenged, made you think, and sought out the truth. But in the indiscernible bias that has become apart of the fabric of the media, it is hard to conceive any form of truth.

I never like Fox news, but I enjoyed that clip of Freedom Watch.

• Like 2

Of course news organizations are bias. But then so are the various blogs and videos on the internet. Since we can't be everywhere we need to get our news from somewhere and personally I trust the new organizations more than the random blogs that try to put out the "truth". The key is being aware of the bias and adjust your information intake accordingly.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

[media=]

[/media]

My opinion of Ron Paul can never be tainted by any single persons opinion.This man is a self thinker,not ruled by drivel spouted out by the left or the right.I am not saying he is perfect no one is,but this man had some of the best ideas that could have been implemented to help this country.Though such a shift has happened in this countries ways of thinking,the sheeple would prefer to be lead like lambs to slaughter.The pride before the fall,most here think we are impervious because we are america!This country needs to be woke up,our time is coming and most wont have a clue what the hell to do when it does.All empires fall,from the look of things and the way things are going i think we will be next.Just my opinion

• Like 3

My understanding is that the present US government is the oldest continuous legal government in the world (that is, with each transition of rulers being according to the rules) Maybe its time to call another constitutional convention and take a close look at the rules, since the present system seems to be getting more and more bogged down.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the present US government is the oldest continuous legal government in the world (that is, with each transition of rulers being according to the rules) Maybe its time to call another constitutional convention and take a close look at the rules, since the present system seems to be getting more and more bogged down.

The biggest problem with this thought frank is this country has been split over the past few decades of left or right.For most there is no middle ground anymore it is either you are for or against my group.That is it some prefer to do on their own some prefer for others to do for them.The parties recognized this so they became one and the same.No original thought,no individual freedoms.You are either in one or the other for their ideas of progress.Its sickening it is crazy and i never thought years back that i would have ever thought this way,but i find myself agreeing more and more with the way canada does things than the way we do in the us.

IMO, Frank, it isn't the mechanics of the Constitution as much as the weakness and incivility of the men and women who are using it for their own ends. The document always worked as long as it was being used as it was intended and by people of honest character and conscience. Our problem today is that we have learned everything about how to use every nuance of law but forgotten the moral basis for it. We lie to ourselves about motives - demand a "free" ride from government and vote for those who will promise it, then raise hell when we cannot pay our debts. It's gone on so long that the pols know how it ends but won't sacrifice their ambitions to make a stand and tell the truth loudly (except for a few) and their biggest worry is to position themselves so as to not be left without a chair when the music stops.
  • Like 2

America always has been a nation ruled by lawyers. I must say I have a dim view of the profession. They mainly exist to help people get their way about things even if they have no right to it, or to help others resist such efforts. This is one of the things that brings down empires -- they become more and more bound by rules and procedures. Nowadays Lincoln would long ago have been impeached.

• Like 1

America always has been a nation ruled by lawyers. I must say I have a dim view of the profession. They mainly exist to help people get their way about things even if they have no right to it, or to help others resist such efforts. This is one of the things that brings down empires -- they become more and more bound by rules and procedures. Nowadays Lincoln would long ago have been impeached.

Agreed with what you have said frank,though i prefer to reference washington,jefferson,or roosevelte (teddy) you know my opinions on lincoln-good president-did a lot of good things,though to much has been credited to this man that was not his intentions even if it was the right thing to do was not by his own thoughts.Though this is for another topic which we have already discussed. :tu:

• Like 1