Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romney's crack at Huntsmen...

Damrod

I think Romney shot himself in the foot with his cracks on Huntsmen for answering Obama's request and becoming the Ambassador to China...it appeared an awkward moment for him and one that revealed he is completely out of touch with the reality of the modern world.

I disagree with what he said that is wrong for someone that called Obama a great "Leader" to represent a party...

In Posterity, President Obama will be remembered as a great man...whether or not "great leader" is attached to that is secondary and irrelevant...using partisan positioning as a weapon like this shows Romney to be out of touch and...undeserving of office...to me...but that is just me.

No...I don't like the state of affairs...nor do i agree with everything the President has tried to get done....some things were good...some things were not so good...but Romney's gaffe here...is...hopefully...his undoing...

Huntsmen did exactly what we ask and expect of any citizen...if you are called to service....you go...party politics have no place if your country needs you....and he answered that call...and he deserves accolades for answering it and standing by the decision to answer it...

I don't really like Huntsmen's platform...I'm still a Ron Paul guy...but Romney showed he isn't the man...thank goodness...and I hope it echoes out from here on...

Edited by Damrod

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Imaginarynumber1

• and-then

• ninjadude

• Paracelse

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust Romney but his nomination is fast becoming a foregone conclusion. My attitude at this point is : anyone but Obama. Personally I'd like to see Gingrich/Christie team but it ain't gonna happen.

It's been funny to watch the republican party try to choose anyone but Romney the last few months. Every candidate they have this year is a joke.

Time for the republicons to find new people... but hey when they have a great politician like John Heinz they kill him .

There was a time "before Bush" "before Clinton" when after the election was over, politicians went to work and actually did some. They didn't spend the next 2-4 years trying everything possible to make the president look bad at the expense of the country. Most of the Repub candidates are all for continuing that craziness except Huntsman. And yes I can reel off specific examples of Repubs doing this where Democrats did not do the same thing during Bush. For example - spouting off during joint session of congress, not voting for bills that were their own ideas, blocking nominees to the extreme, endless filibustering, etc).

Having said that, I do know that partisanship in previous centuries could be very bad and bitter. I think possibly the time that many Americans pine for as the "good old days" is that time when the elections were over, they were over until the next time. Huntsman tapped into that. I'm not sure it will work with Republican pols but it may with the silent majority of Repubs.

There was a time "before Bush" "before Clinton" when after the election was over, politicians went to work and actually did some. They didn't spend the next 2-4 years trying everything possible to make the president look bad at the expense of the country. Most of the Repub candidates are all for continuing that craziness except Huntsman. And yes I can reel off specific examples of Repubs doing this where Democrats did not do the same thing during Bush. For example - spouting off during joint session of congress, not voting for bills that were their own ideas, blocking nominees to the extreme, endless filibustering, etc).

Having said that, I do know that partisanship in previous centuries could be very bad and bitter. I think possibly the time that many Americans pine for as the "good old days" is that time when the elections were over, they were over until the next time. Huntsman tapped into that. I'm not sure it will work with Republican pols but it may with the silent majority of Repubs.

A powerful government feeds internal rivalry and divisiveness; emperors and kings were assasinated all the time by their rivals, usually their own family members; for the chance to be the autocrat. There's more to win and more to gain, and more to lose; therefore competition becomes much more heated, divided across lines, and less subtle.

A limited government doesn't stop this by any means; as you mentioned there have been some bitter partisanships over the years. Though it does make it matter less; as well as doing less to divide the general population.

It isn't the repubs making the dems look bad at the expense of the country. Nor will it be vice versa when the roles reverse. It is the power grabbers; and they're not only grabbing power from each other; but from everyone in the country. The more power we let them have the more it'll be fought over; and the more we will all be divided.

Edited by Mr_Snstr

It's been funny to watch the republican party try to choose anyone but Romney the last few months. Every candidate they have this year is a joke.

Odd sense of humor. The last 3 years have been a catastrophe for many people. Whether you believe Obama's policies have caused it or not it is reasonable to assume that if he is reelected then nothing changes for the better. I'm obviously conservative but I agree with you that we've been trying to find "anybody but Romney". For my part I would expect a Romney presidency to herald new confidence by businesses and more investments and jobs. Also Israel can breathe easier. But he would NOT be a conservative and I expect we'd see major new taxation with him as well. With the exception of Christian conservatives who simply cannot vote for a person they see as a cult member I think every other conservative minded person will see him as better than Obama.

Odd sense of humor. The last 3 years have been a catastrophe for many people. Whether you believe Obama's policies have caused it or not it is reasonable to assume that if he is reelected then nothing changes for the better. I'm obviously conservative but I agree with you that we've been trying to find "anybody but Romney". For my part I would expect a Romney presidency to herald new confidence by businesses and more investments and jobs. Also Israel can breathe easier. But he would NOT be a conservative and I expect we'd see major new taxation with him as well. With the exception of Christian conservatives who simply cannot vote for a person they see as a cult member I think every other conservative minded person will see him as better than Obama.

Obama has been blocked from doing anything meaningful or even helpful by a congress that is, for lack of a better word, retarded. I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I think that given a second term he could do some good things.