Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life outside galaxy exist?

KrowMax

I would find it very hard to believe there is no other life in the universe and beyond. Either life like ours or life that adapted to a different environment. There is only so much we can see and get to. Who knows if we'll ever know for certain.

This is a cool video if you have an extra 12 mins to spare... i was shown this last night and loved it (thanks sean). This touches on what nomad has already stated

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRXn96HrtY[/media]

Good vid, thanx for sharing. My sentiments exactly. In response to 101, I'm no expert by all means but from what I understand about star types (not mentioned in the vid), most elements were created in The Big Bang. Then as different star types were born than die, the big stars like Red Giants, run out of fuel and because of their tremendous gravity, implode creating even more "heavier elements" by fusing the original, lighter, stuff. And as mentioned in the video, we're all made of star stuff, and that's why I'm convinced we humans are surrounded by intelligences so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that we cannot even see yet until our science catches up with it.

Cheers

• Like 1

Colonizing habitable planets is more important to humanity then the "is there life out there question" If there is and we learn to explore responsibly well find it. If not we got a big playground to have fun in. That is if we can keep from destroying ourselves first.

Colonizing habitable planets is more important to humanity then the "is there life out there question" If there is and we learn to explore responsibly well find it. If not we got a big playground to have fun in. That is if we can keep from destroying ourselves first.

LOL, I'll give us, mankind, a little bit of credit. We won't destroy ourselves. We better not damn it! :w00t:

Good vid, thanx for sharing. My sentiments exactly. In response to 101, I'm no expert by all means but from what I understand about star types (not mentioned in the vid), most elements were created in The Big Bang. Then as different star types were born than die, the big stars like Red Giants, run out of fuel and because of their tremendous gravity, implode creating even more "heavier elements" by fusing the original, lighter, stuff. And as mentioned in the video, we're all made of star stuff, and that's why I'm convinced we humans are surrounded by intelligences so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that we cannot even see yet until our science catches up with it.

Cheers

Gidday Mate

Someone gave you a wrong turn. The elements were not created as such by the big bang, the star stuff Sagan refers to is the elements created by intense heat and presures from stars, and their eventual explosion at the end of their lives as Supernova to seed the Universe with these elements. So we needed Pop I, then Pop II stars to create tho ones like our Sun that have heavy elements in them, which is known as the suns Metallically.

Some enigmas still exist, one planet has been found that is 13 billion years old. Really, it should not exist. But it does.

Some 13 billion years ago in a distant cluster of stars, a planet formed. Remarkably it's still there, according to data from the Hubble Space Telescope. LINK

We seem to be a the newest form of matter - conscious matter. We are the Universe thinking about itself and wondering where it came from. Amazing that.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Gidday Mate

Someone gave you a wrong turn. The elements were not created as such by the big bang, the star stuff Sagan refers to is the elements created by intense heat and presures from stars, and their eventual explosion at the end of their lives as Supernova to seed the Universe with these elements. So we needed Pop I, then Pop II stars to create tho ones like our Sun that have heavy elements in them, which is known as the suns Metallically.

Some enigmas still exist, one planet has been found that is 13 billion years old. Really, it should not exist. But it does.

Some 13 billion years ago in a distant cluster of stars, a planet formed. Remarkably it's still there, according to data from the Hubble Space Telescope. LINK

We seem to be a the newest form of matter - conscious matter. We are the Universe thinking about itself and wondering where it came from. Amazing that.

Thanx Mate,

Like I said, I'm no expert, just Joe citizen. Thanx for the clarity. I was close but no cigar, and yes I read just recently about "The planet that is 2.5 times the mass of Jupiter. Its very existence provides tantalizing evidence the first planets were formed rapidly, within a billion years of the Big Bang, leading astronomers to conclude planets may be very abundant in the universe"

The more we learn about the universe, the more puzzling it is. I love it!

Cheers! :tu:

• Like 1