Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

47,000 people killed in drug violence in Mex

jugoso

Prosecutors said a large majority of the killings last year happened in eight of Mexico's 32 states.

arrow3.gifRead more...

AS the death toll rises,I guess this means we must be closer to winning the WoD! I also assume that there must be a shortage in supply of drugs North of Border with all of these "victories".

Could someone with common sense and some political clout come up with a new strategy please!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jugoso

• Mr_Snstr

• and-then

• George Ford

Top Posters In This Topic

AS the death toll rises,I guess this means we must be closer to winning the WoD! I also assume that there must be a shortage in supply of drugs North of Border with all of these "victories".

Could someone with common sense and some political clout come up with a new strategy please!!

Legalise weed is the obvious big game changer. Then secondly make possession of cocaine a harsher offence so people are scared to use coke on a night out but will be happy to do cannabis.

Don't forget there is a very long way to go, you have loads of Central American gangs and mafias still supplying, If America entered a few Latin leaders will be annoyed esp Chavez. The situation seems to be far from over.

Legalise weed is the obvious big game changer. Then secondly make possession of cocaine a harsher offence so people are scared to use coke on a night out but will be happy to do cannabis.

Don't you present an irrational argument here?

The list of prohibited drugs contains "x" drugs, and you acknowledge that the violence associated with the black market causes all sorts of social pathologies in this country and in Mexico.

Then you suggest that by changing the list to "x-1" drugs that violence will magically end?

Irrational, I say.

Decriminalize drug use = Instantly you eliminate the drug dealers.

Ron Paul 2012.

But that's "dangerous" to all of us if we legalized and regulated drugs.

Decriminalizing possession and taxing the product with ALL revenues going into a healthcare fund for the chronic illnesses and addiction issues that are sure to follow. States that want to opt out get none of this funding. The people will vote with their feet.

Exception of course to criminalizing intoxicated behavior that harms others(DUI). Companies could still base hiring/firing on drug screen criteria.

The blame for most of those Mexican deaths can be laid at the feet of the users here who create the incentive for the war.

The blame for most of those Mexican deaths can be laid at the feet of the users here who create the incentive for the war.

I think the government should share in this blame. Even though the risk-factors for developing addiction are well-known, they do very little, and by not doing so have created environments where addictions will, undoubtedley,flourish.

I think the government should share in this blame. Even though the risk-factors for developing addiction are well-known, they do very little, and by not doing so have created environments where addictions will, undoubtedley,flourish.

Point well taken and I agree. What is happening there is horrendous and obviously not changing for the better. If Mexico internally decriminalized it might lose some funding from the hypocritical US DEA but it would save many lives I think. In America we are so conditioned to fight that we sometimes don't see the alternatives. If the drug flow from the south was only inhibited by our border police and drug enforcement types then we might get a clearer picture of where the problem truly exists.

I smoked dope from Mexico in the 70's and it never occurred to me that anyone might have been harmed by that action. Today I couldn't live with my conscience with that behavior.

But that's "dangerous" to all of us if we legalized and regulated drugs.

How so?

This might sound crazy.. but, i think much of THE war on drugs is a war for control of supplies. A war where some , the competition , are targeted while others are not. Using heroin as an example of the success of THE war... much Columbian Heroin comes through Mexico but Mexico itself is producing record amounts of Heroin .. ... From 8 metric tons in 2005 to 50 metric tons in 2009.

How so?

iNvRG, correct me if I'm wrong,

I think iNvRG was being sarcastic.

This might sound crazy.. but, i think much of THE war on drugs is a war for control of supplies. A war where some , the competition , are targeted while others are not. Using heroin as an example of the success of THE war... much Columbian Heroin comes through Mexico but Mexico itself is producing record amounts of Heroin .. ... From 8 metric tons in 2005 to 50 metric tons in 2009.

Once you start viewing drug making/distribution/selling as a business; you quickly realize that the "war on drugs" is just crippling regulation meant to only allow a select few to access it's market share. IE the only thing that sounds crazy is believing it's done for our own protection.

Fight for your Right to Recreation

Edited by Mr_Snstr

I blame 100% percent of those mexican deaths on the people who shot or stabbed them.