Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nessie hunters compete for £1,000 prize for

Still Waters

The last recorded sighting was in 2002, when a postman captured video footage of something moving deep in the water.

But sightings were thin on the ground until May last year, when she was caught on camera by holidaymakers and spotted again in June and September.

Now one of the three Loch Ness Monster hunters will win the £1,000 Best Nessie Sighting of the Year prize, unclaimed for a decade.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Englishgent

• diablo_04

• angi chiesa

Do Nessies bury their dead too? I always wondered why they've never found a dead Nessie anywhere.

Did anyone see River Monsters last night? The NZ 8ft snake-like man-eater spoken about by Cook was most likely a viscous long-fin eel according to the expert. A bigger marine giant eel doesn't seem out of the realms of reality imo.

Only a thousand knicker for a pic of nessie ? Those Scots sure don't believe in parting with their cash...... :blink:

Only a thousand knicker for a pic of nessie ? Those Scots sure don't believe in parting with their cash...... :blink:

Yes, but £1000 for a pic of a floating log or the wake from a passing boat or current is pretty impressive :)

Nessie was first spotted by the Vikings - Celtic and Norse folklore has stories of water horses seen in the lochs. The first written account of a meeting with Nessie seems to be that of Adamnan in 565 A.D. He describes St. Columba's sighting of a very large monster in Loch Ness.

Gotta keep up the hike..Lock Ness is a dark dismal place , not really a place to spend much time there. But the tourist shop has bright lights and you can buy an ice cream from the van. So gotta keep up the hike.

How much is a thousand knicker in US dollars? That one pic of the whole Nessie, (the whole head and hump), was that pic ever verified as a fake?

Only 1000 £, :w00t: someone will get rich, if i have a photo of Nessi, i will sold it to CNN for millions!

Only 1000 £, :w00t: someone will get rich, if i have a photo of Nessi, i will sold it to CNN for millions!

OK not for millions, but whey more that 1000 £

I'll have to dig out me Nessie fishing line and reel,its in the attic somewhere

I have not seen a photo of Nessie worth 1000pounds. It would have cost that to visit and hotel for a few days . Camera poised to make your fuzzie photo. Much cold weather and sea mist. I might give it a go for a million.

I have not seen a photo of Nessie worth 1000pounds. It would have cost that to visit and hotel for a few days . Camera poised to make your fuzzie photo. Much cold weather and sea mist. I might give it a go for a million.

A thousand quid for a photo of Nessie?

Rupert Murdoch publication. I'll bet you.

Gotta keep up the hike..Lock Ness is a dark dismal place , not really a place to spend much time there. But the tourist shop has bright lights and you can buy an ice cream from the van. So gotta keep up the hike.

It just goes to show how people view the world differently. Loch Ness is one of the most beautiful places I've been to.

Yes, but £1000 for a pic of a floating log or the wake from a passing boat or current is pretty impressive :)

Perhaps I should enter this - :w00t:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=6300

:rofl: you should,,,but push it into the water first lol

Good point lol. Or I could pass it off as one of those rare moments when she comes out of the water to feed! :lol:

• 1 month later...

hmmmm :wacko:

edit......or, ''Jings crivens, help ma boab'' as Oor Wullie would say :rolleyes:

Edited by Englishgent