Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary Students write songs about 99%

tapirmusic

http://biggovernment.com/eagtv/2012/01/11/kid-pan-alley-encouraging-students-to-compose-left-wing-protest-songs/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/students-write-pro-occupy-song-spark-controversy_n_1195282.html

"The indoctrination-through-music effort comes courtesy of a Washington, Virginia-based non-profit called “Kid Pan Alley.”

Musicians who belong to the group visit elementary schools for a reported $1,200 per day, supposedly helping children learn to write their own musical lyrics. The fee comes from school budgets, of course, and schools are encouraged to seek government grants to cover the cost.

When the “workshop” is finished, they help the kids perform “their” songs for classmates in school assemblies.

The lyrics these kids come up with are amazingly adult in their political content, and startlingly liberal for very small children who generally have little coherent understanding of politics at all.

Here’s one example of a song supposedly written last fall by third-graders at Woodbrook Elementary in Charlottesville, Virginia.

“Some people have it all, but they don’t think they have enough; They want more money, a faster ride; They’re not content, never satisfied; Yes, they are part of the 1 percent, I used to be part of the 1 percent; I worked all the time, never saw my family, couldn’t make life rhyme.

“Though I lost my yacht and plane, didn’t need that extra stuff; Could have been much worse, you don’t need to be first; Cause I’ve got my friends, here by my side; Don’t need it all, I’m happy to be part of the 99.”

Wow. Who would have guessed that third-graders were so in tune with the anti-capitalistic message of the Occupy movement?"

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babe Ruth

• __Kratos__

• xYlvax

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

+1 :tu:

Why do people think they can lie straight to the faces of others despite it being so obvious?

Edited by __Kratos__

I don't know why that makes me laugh. Good con-men there. :rofl: I wish I could see the kids performing those songs.

Wow! Great story, thanks for posting it here. :rolleyes:

Along those lines, it was about 6 weeks ago I guess, that some high school class in I think New Hampshire, while being visited by President Obama, broke out into the OWS "mike check" routine, and proceeded to get their message to the President that way.

Good sign from the younger generation.

I hope you people never really thought for a second that third graders are really so "in tune" with ows type thinking. How many 7&8 year olds do you know with legit outlooks on life and society. It's early age indoctrination at its most pathetic. The school board admitted it was their doing, their lyrics, their shameful behavior. Schools like this don't teach, they influence,

That changed this week, when the founder and director of Kid Pan Alley, Paul Reisler, took responsibility for the lyrics and said he should have avoided certain phrases to keep the song neutral.

“This is a song about being satisfied with what you have, a song about how life has its ups and downs, as so many people in our country are experiencing now,” Reisler said in a statement to local CBS affiliate WCAV-TV. “It was my personal mistake to introduce these phrases and I take complete responsibility for it. I will not make a mistake like this again.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/music-program-now-admits-to-being-behind-occupy-lyrics-in-third-graders-song/

BTW,

Being satisfied with what you have doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't desire more. There is nothing wrong with that. Besides, who decides when enough is enough and how much is too much?

Edited by Is it for real

Is It For Real

I agree with what you say--schools less about teaching and more about influencing behavior so that the youngsters are conditioned into submitting to authority.

That said, many youngsters are quite precocious and aware, especially in this digital age.