Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Urges Non-Romney Rivals to Get Out

Karlis

Moments after placing a strong second in the New Hampshire primary, Ron Paul sent a message to all the other Republican presidential candidates who have never been Governor of Massachusetts: Get out of the race so I can beat Mitt Romney.Paul's strong finish in the Granite State, and his "top-tier showing in Iowa," demonstrate that "he is the sole Republican candidate who can take on and defeat both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• preacherman76

• Damrod

• Oen Anderson

Top Posters In This Topic

The Great man is completely free of ego, of course, and he thinks that he should be the only other candidate out of the sheer greatness of his soul.

Very telling, I think, his statement about voting against everyone else practically for 20 years. Done out of principle no doubt but how would that behavior as president change anything for the better? Has he ever shown an ability to sway others in government to his position? To write, push and actually get bills passed?

I think people underestimate Dr Pauls ability to be a good president regardless of who is in congress. Mostly cause first, a couple major things he would do, he doesnt need anyone to do it. And another thing, for the first time I believe ever, he is gonna root out coruption, and send many of our out right criminal legislators to prison.

Very telling, I think, his statement about voting against everyone else practically for 20 years. Done out of principle no doubt but how would that behavior as president change anything for the better? Has he ever shown an ability to sway others in government to his position? To write, push and actually get bills passed?

How would being a man of principle, guided by the highest document in our land make things better? Are you serious?

He cant sway others in government to be confined by the constitution, cause we are ruled by corupted evil people. He has been able to sway the American people to his message of liberty, and thats were our liberation has to start. In the hearts and minds of the people.

?How would being a man of principle, guided by the highest document in our land make things better? Are you serious

He cant sway others in government to be confined by the constitution, cause we are ruled by corupted evil people. He has been able to sway the American people to his message of liberty, and thats were our liberation has to start. In the hearts and minds of the people.

I'm very serious. I am NOT a Ron Paul Hater. I believe he is an honorable man and if we could apply most of his principles to our mess of a government we would all be better off. Perhaps if he was elected he could sway the hearts and minds of the people but he still would have to govern and that cannot be done by decree. He would have to have legislative help and he would never receive it from the vested interests in either house of congress. Personally I believe the only way to have fundamental change toward liberty again is through armed revolution. And I also believe we as a nation do not have the resolve for such action.

Well...what I think is being missed here is the underlying message and I think whoever wins (if it isn't Paul) needs to get with the RNC and take a hard look at it. The "conservative" base is getting tired of war...they are tired of Bureaucracy, they are tired of stifling laws...they are tired of cutting programs that help the many and inflating programs that help the few...we want Liberty, personal freedom and personal responsibility for the choices we make...

This is what we were once all about and I see nothing but good things wrapped up in the heart of this message...the police brutality in this country is out of control and behaves like goose stepping Gestapo now... the fear mongering, child groping Homeland security is out of control...

I'd rather be free than secure any day...I can defend myself and those around me just fine thank you...I don't need my rights limited because there "might" be a threat...

Wars for resources and corporate profit are breaking the Federal Budget (and that is exactly what is at the bottom of all this crap). The Military Industrial machine gobbles up our taxes, grows it's belly and demands more...I embrace the idea of pulling the military home to defend us...spend that money here...

This is the message the young people are embracing and many of us old farts are backing it as well...

Edited by Damrod

We need someone that actually cares and I see Ron Paul as a sincere person. His values are always looking out for what is right for America and the American people, not some special interest group. That is very refreshing.

Well...what I think is being missed here is the underlying message and I think whoever wins (if it isn't Paul) needs to get with the RNC and take a hard look at it. The "conservative" base is getting tired of war...they are tired of Bureaucracy, they are tired of stifling laws...they are tired of cutting programs that help the many and inflating programs that help the few...we want Liberty, personal freedom and personal responsibility for the choices we make...

This is what we were once all about and I see nothing but good things wrapped up in the heart of this message...the police brutality in this country is out of control and behaves like goose stepping Gestapo now... the fear mongering, child groping Homeland security is out of control...

I'd rather be free than secure any day...I can defend myself and those around me just fine thank you...I don't need my rights limited because there "might" be a threat...

Wars for resources and corporate profit are breaking the Federal Budget (and that is exactly what is at the bottom of all this crap). The Military Industrial machine gobbles up our taxes, grows it's belly and demands more...I embrace the idea of pulling the military home to defend us...spend that money here...

This is the message the young people are embracing and many of us old farts are backing it as well...

I agree that we are over extended abroad and certainly there is waste and fraud in the system but to lay the blame primarily on defense is in error:http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_budget_pie_chart

All spending needs to be trimmed. Social spending is what will end us if we don't make changes.

I agree that we are over extended abroad and certainly there is waste and fraud in the system but to lay the blame primarily on defense is in error:http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_budget_pie_chart

All spending needs to be trimmed. Social spending is what will end us if we don't make changes.

I disagree with this. It is ALL spending...not just the defense, or social programs, the bureaucracy, silly research grants, etc...etc..etc.

Social programs are necessary. Defense is necessary...paying people to manage these things is necessary...research is necessary...but ALL must be allocated and assigned with moderation, temperance and common sense...which appears to have died within the beltway decades ago...

Sad but true.