Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you think its posible or do u beleive einstien?

nethuns

do u beleive it to be posible or imposible to travel at the speed of light? maybe when you travel at the speed of light everything around you stops and this is how u do it!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• radio_flux

• Homer

• nethuns

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you were to be travelling at the speed of light, things around you wouldnt stop in time, they would just appear to stop. Now i do believe it when einstein said we cannot reach the speed of light as a human. But scientists have successfully teleported molecules.. Maybe we just have to be broken down, catch the ray of light, and be put back together at the other end.. Not so hard eh??

And say you take a ray of light onto another planet, far away in another galaxy. Although it would only seem like days have passed to you in your traveling, alot of years, possibly hundreds or thousands will have passed on earth. So when you come back, humanity might have evolved into something totally unrecognizable. Would you still wanna travel at the speed of light?

I do not believe that it is possible for a particle with mass to ever reach the speed of light (I agree with Einstein on that), however I do believe there are ways around it. For instance, a tesseract of time and space, in which we would be moving at a regular pace, but in which the universe itself would fold up to allow us a shortcut of sorts.

This, however, would require amounts of power as yet unimagined by our technology.

My personal feeling is that just like every other advancement in science what seems impossible is only impossible for so long...until someone figures out a way to make it possible.

I think that we know so little about the way the universe works, and much of what we understand about the functioning of the universe is based on mathmatical principles calculated with several factors being assumed to be known quantities.

Assuming that gravity and the speed of light have alway been a constant comes to mind...I have read several papers about the Variable Speed of Light theories and the questions about dark matter and not really knowing what it is make me think that there are many fundamental issues about our universe we have yet to understand.

We could learn something tomorrow that would throw the bulk of what Einstein thought out the window; or at least changed radically...

Science is wacky that way at times.

Out the window...maybe it will be like Newton. Some of his rules apply to certain

localities and circumstances. Reaction-propulsion is still Newtonian mechanics, for example...

Einstein is better for larger scale theory. But, don't ask me much about any of it!

Travelling very fast is any engineer's dream. But the distances between

here and-------------------------------------------------------------->there

are so vast, that even going the speed of light is insufficient,

since our biology is of a much shorter timescale.

And even if we had a super-rocket, that pumped out the rpms, so to speak,

(that's Revised Parsec Mileage!) it would consume all the energy we could

slave to produce- and more! It would tap us out!

What we need, if that is ever in our future, is a quantum-computer based

transport device, that could rip apart space, and move us along the

old river of time. Maybe we could find a current or causeway of time flow

that was life-form friendly. Get in- get out, intact. And, do it in short order.

An order of time that outpaced 186K mps.

'Dad, can I have the keys?'

Edited by radio_flux

I doubt time travel will ever be possible however time viewing I believe can be done maybe not in my lifetime

i am by no means a student of physics, but i am interested in the principles of long distance space travel.

i have a friend who is a mathematical genius, was at mit for two years and then recieved a scholarship to oxford to study astrophysics, mathematics, with stephen hawking and the gang.

one of the times he came home, we were sitting having pints and i asked him, "so can we travel faster than the speed of light, can we go across the galaxy?"

his answer was along the lines of this, (remember i was drinking and couldn't follow the math of what he was talking about so he dumbed it down and simply stated).

"what we were working on, was a quantum theory that could produce negative energy bubbles. these bubbles would be created in 4th dimensional space, as our space is curved, think of it this way, the bubble pushes up under the surface of 3rd dimensional space, kinda like sticking a finger up under a table cloth. point a, which is 1000's of light years from point b, are then pulled closer together as the bubble between them pushes up, (you can picture this, take a piece of paper with two points at either end, and push up in the middle, the two points are now closer together, this is not to be confused with bending space) you then simply take the short trip from point a to b, and then collapse the negative energy bubble and 3rd dimensional space returns to its regular state."

now like i say, i'm no student of physics, and don't know the math, or how to create a negative energy bubble in the 4th dimension, so either he was winding me up and having a laugh, or that's what they've come up with over at oxford.

That is so very interesting! Imagine, if we could bring Point B to us,

without so much going there, as 'bringing the mountain to Mohammed!'

Wow- I never thought, or pictured that.

Yes, such a multi-purpose device could, in theory, be an all-terrain,

all-time, and all-environment space craft.

I wonder if there is a safe way to go through a star, or a neutron star,

or a black hole (I draw the limit, there- I would not be the first to try!).

Seriously though, there are brilliant geniuses (redundent clause)

who may contribute in what they do. But what about simple things,

like a car that runs on less gasoline, or my air-conditioning bills.

You figure out how to spin a turbine for less than hamster-feed, and I'll

make you King For a Day.

Amazing. That's the way we can travel to far space. Whatever propulsion reaches whatever speed, though the speed could be very high(let's say 0.1c), nobody can keep at that speed. Cause the body limit. That's the real question. The force binding us to Earth is not gravity only, but also our body limit. Even if someone sent you a craft with 0.1 c, maybe it's only useful to your robot.