Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cowboys and Sasquatch

Argon Swift

How come there are no stories of cowboys shooting sasquatch, or sasquatch-like beings? They pretty much shot everything else, you would think they would shoot a bigfoot and drag its head into a local saloon. With all the cattle-driving, you would think there would be more cowboy-sasquatch encounters.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• psyche101

• Neognosis

• Cryptid-Seeker

As a wild guess, there wasn't any Sasquatch to shoot ? But I certainly agree, if there was, they would've.

....and if there were young female Sasquatch, they might have, you know.....er...nah, let's not go there !

for the last time, Teddy Roosevelt DID NOT HAVE A BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE.

AGAIN, Teddy Roosevelt DID NOT HAVE A BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE.

He never claimed to have ssen a bigfoot.

He only related a ridiculous folk tale as told to him.

This is the kind of nonsense that seems to permeate every corner of bigfoot-ology.

Misinformation gets passed around as if it was truth and somehow supported the existence of this imaginary giant ape.

Again, Teddy Roosevelt never claimed to have seen, heard, smelled, or otherwise experienced a bigfoot. He only wrote down a story that was told TO him.

I give it less than a month before someone else on this forum makes the claim that an american president saw bigfoot....

How come there are no stories of cowboys shooting sasquatch, or sasquatch-like beings? They pretty much shot everything else, you would think they would shoot a bigfoot and drag its head into a local saloon. With all the cattle-driving, you would think there would be more cowboy-sasquatch encounters.

I don't know there wasn't that claim and the Native Americans talk a lot about sasquatch.

....and if there were young female Sasquatch, they might have, you know.....er...nah, let's not go there !

Yep. They probably would've if they could've but they didn't cos there wasn't :)

They were maybe too busy shooting the Aliens....:P

They couldn't find them as all the Bigfeet joined the Hole-In-The Wall Gang.

Butch, Sundance and Harry Henderson.

:lol: ..must have been a hell of a big pair of Chaps he wore....

As a wild guess, there wasn't any Sasquatch to shoot ? But I certainly agree, if there was, they would've.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up...don't it.

That would make for an awesome movie. :P

Roosevelt himself didn't have an encounter? Maybe not. But he was hunting for Bigfoot, obviously. He was researching it. I'm sure he heard and seen and listened to a lot of people about a great many legends, just as we are doing now. Did he ever actually encounter one or many? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't... I believe that he just might have believed that something was out there. Who knows? It might have been his deep down reasoning for his devotion to conservation. His work in expanding and adding to the National Parks... Who knows! Anyway, the whole point of this thread is if there where encounters with people in the wild west with Sasquatch or other type creatures. I think that link proves it. I was actually sparked by this tread and wanted to dig... I could find more.

for the last time, Teddy Roosevelt DID NOT HAVE A BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE.

Michael never said Roosevelt had a BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE.... the words he used were BIGFOOT STORY...

chill out bro.....

Edited by Non sequitur

AGAIN, Teddy Roosevelt DID NOT HAVE A BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE.

He never claimed to have ssen a bigfoot.

He only related a ridiculous folk tale as told to him.

This is the kind of nonsense that seems to permeate every corner of bigfoot-ology.

Misinformation gets passed around as if it was truth and somehow supported the existence of this imaginary giant ape.

Again, Teddy Roosevelt never claimed to have seen, heard, smelled, or otherwise experienced a bigfoot. He only wrote down a story that was told TO him.

I give it less than a month before someone else on this forum makes the claim that an american president saw bigfoot....

I'm guessing that if a man such as Teddy Roosevelt stumbled across sasquatch, then he would either skin it alive or make an alliance with it. Since there is yet to be a hide or Bigfoot/Human alliance, I'm assuming Teddy Roosevelt never saw one.

What about Roger Patterson? Most people call him a cowboy?

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Edited by psyche101

An old friend told me once of his "bigfoot" experience, as a child. He had discovered that by inserting the end of his belt into the coin slot on a bubble gum machine, it would dispense gum without charge. He was in the process of doing same when he felt a sudden explosion of pain in his backside. Standing behind him was the local sergeant of police. :cry:

One thing I do know, if Sasquatch (or any variation around the globe) does exist... These creatures know to stay away from man. They know the folly of mankind. Maybe, they are even smarter then us by staying in the woods and living off the land. Why do people honestly think that cracking sticks, screaming and whistling are going to draw anything to them? Do you know any wild creature, or intelligent creature for that matter, on the planet that would instinctively go happy-as-you-please into a group of humans acting like, well, lesser forms of humanity? They are never going to find anything that way... I can assure you. Sasquatch, if they have been around as long as we have, have watched us for far too long. They are not going to be lured into a trap. And why are no one exploring cave systems in areas that Sasquatch has been sighted? At least I've not found any information of anyone doing so. My guess... that would be the best place to look. It's not like they are hanging out in tree forts with pirate flags for all to see. Bears live in caves... Man once lived in caves... Why wouldn't Sasquatch live in caves? That's all assuming if they aren't metaphysical in nature. Inter-dimensional beings? Why not. You never see any research groups checking into caverns. Most likely because well - bears are in them, bats and what not, but get some people that know what they are doing involved and check into it. It's better then running around in circles, in the dark, doing your best to sound like a human trying to sound like what a Bigfoot might sound like.

One thing I do know, if Sasquatch (or any variation around the globe) does exist... These creatures know to stay away from man. They know the folly of mankind. Maybe, they are even smarter then us by staying in the woods and living off the land. Why do people honestly think that cracking sticks, screaming and whistling are going to draw anything to them? Do you know any wild creature, or intelligent creature for that matter, on the planet that would instinctively go happy-as-you-please into a group of humans acting like, well, lesser forms of humanity? They are never going to find anything that way... I can assure you. Sasquatch, if they have been around as long as we have, have watched us for far too long. They are not going to be lured into a trap. And why are no one exploring cave systems in areas that Sasquatch has been sighted? At least I've not found any information of anyone doing so. My guess... that would be the best place to look. It's not like they are hanging out in tree forts with pirate flags for all to see. Bears live in caves... Man once lived in caves... Why wouldn't Sasquatch live in caves? That's all assuming if they aren't metaphysical in nature. Inter-dimensional beings? Why not. You never see any research groups checking into caverns. Most likely because well - bears are in them, bats and what not, but get some people that know what they are doing involved and check into it. It's better then running around in circles, in the dark, doing your best to sound like a human trying to sound like what a Bigfoot might sound like.

You have a good theory but with one flaw....most animals stay out of mans way but they leave behind evidence that they exist...something Bigfoot does not do.I always find that when people start to make excuses for a creatures existence,be it Bigfoot,Nessie,Megaladon.Dogmen or Were-Mammoths etc..you only end up going one way....downhill fast...an excuse for an animals existence does not make it real

Edited by BrianPotter

Don't tell that to Moneymaker, or any of his posse....They have a combined 50 years of seeing them....

And this does not explain the countless " sightings " reported every year, and the videos and pictures.....All blurry of course.

I guess these Bigfeet did not get your memo.

For the record, I can say 100% Bigfoot is a legend/folklore/fantasy started by a man trying to scare people away from his logging equipment......

I've often wondered that too. Traveling through the forrest and praries were quite common back then. You'd think encountering a bigfoot back in those days would be much more likely to happen. Especially with the story of Teddy Roosevelt encountering one.

I've often wondered that too. Traveling through the forrest and praries were quite common back then. You'd think encountering a bigfoot back in those days would be much more likely to happen. Especially with the story of Teddy Roosevelt encountering one.

Wouldn't the US have been far less sparsely populated back then. So you could argue it swings in roundabouts, less people less chance.

Wouldn't the US have been far less sparsely populated back then. So you could argue it swings in roundabouts, less people less chance.

Yes. That's a great point.