Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gang dig100ft tunnel to steal from cash point

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
A persistent group of thieves went to extreme lengths to get their hands on extra cash - after digging a 100ft tunnel under a building to reach a cash machine.

The labour-intensive robbery saw the gang spend six months digging a passageway under a Blockbuster Video in Fallowfield, Manchester to get up underneath the cash machine.

Amazingly, the group managed to get into the cash machine after completing the tunnel - which they had started four years ago in a previous botched raid.

arrow3.gifRead more...

All that work for 6k?

They would have earned more at a real job in a warehouse or shop each over 6 months. :lol:

• Like 1

All that work for 6k?

They would have earned more at a real job in a warehouse or shop each over 6 months. :lol:

This^^

Wow, all of that persistence could've been used towards something good. I would make them go dig in mines without pay for punishment.

All that work for 6k?

So true. Gotta give them marks for perseverance though lol.

Wow, persistent... And stupid. Could they not thought of a more lucrative target??

This would have made a great urban legend. 'Did you hear about those muppets that dug a 100ft tunnel to rob a cashpoint?'

Its a shame it actually happened.

Looking at the impressive tunnel makes you can see the £6000 was probably split between quite a few 'gang members', I wonder if they ended up getting less than a grand each. They might have have had trouble keeping their plans secret while digging the tunnel, but after committing a crime for rewards lower than the minimum wage I think they will remain tight lipped from here on in.

Whenever it gets refilled, they just use the tunnel and get all the cash making easy money like nothing.

After splitting the money up and deducting any type of expense for tools, I would say that the effort probably wasn't worth the reward.

Hey at least they did a good job with digging the tunnel,Maybe they should seek employment with the cartels at the border.LOL.not really just kidding.

After splitting the money up and deducting any type of expense for tools, I would say that the effort probably wasn't worth the reward.

But it was just a dry run for the real target; the gumball machine in the lobby of the grocery store.

They will be rolling in quarters. And Gum.

• 3 weeks later...