Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Here we go again : Operation White Gun

jugoso

In the late summer of 2010, the ATF agent leading the failed Fast and Furious gun-smuggling operation flew to Mexico City...especially interested in firearms from another ATF investigation, code-named White Gun, that she was running.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• jugoso

• and-then

• ninjadude

Top Posters In This Topic

The obama administration organized both crimes in order to ask congress to restrict the 2nd Amendment.

The obama administration organized both crimes in order to ask congress to restrict the 2nd Amendment.

I agree with the first part of your statement but as for the second, it may not be the best strategy.

From article:

The annual Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show opens Tuesday in Las Vegas. It’s the biggest firearms industry gathering in North America, if not the world. Gun manufacturers and dealers who were smeared with blame early on in the Obama administration for guns flowing into Mexico have been following this scandal for the past year; it broke wide open a couple of weeks after last year’s SHOT Show.

This is an industry that observes, with no small amount of well-deserved sarcasm, that if it had been shown where gunmakers were responsible for Fast and Furious, or if this operation had happened under a Republican administration, it would have been front page news in every corner of the nation almost continuously for the past several months.

I agree with the first part of your statement but as for the second, it may not be the best strategy.

From article:

The annual Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show opens Tuesday in Las Vegas. It’s the biggest firearms industry gathering in North America, if not the world. Gun manufacturers and dealers who were smeared with blame early on in the Obama administration for guns flowing into Mexico have been following this scandal for the past year; it broke wide open a couple of weeks after last year’s SHOT Show.

This is an industry that observes, with no small amount of well-deserved sarcasm, that if it had been shown where gunmakers were responsible for Fast and Furious, or if this operation had happened under a Republican administration, it would have been front page news in every corner of the nation almost continuously for the past several months.

I will let you know the buzz at the SHOT as I personaly know one of the journalist who will be there:

this topic should be moved to conspiracy theories.

"This is an industry that observes, with no small amount of well-deserved sarcasm, that if it had been shown where gunmakers were responsible for Fast and Furious, or if this operation had happened under a Republican administration, it would have been front page news in every corner of the nation almost continuously for the past several months."

Leaving aside the validity of the original post...do you deny that the above is probably true?

Huge double standard here. The FACT is that the DOJ ran the operation. It lead to many illegally obtained weapons getting into the hands of criminals(intentionally) and now law abiding citizens are being restricted in their rights because of this operation. And to top it all....NO ONE in DOJ has been indicted, prosecuted or even been forced to resign because the arrogant sob who promised us CHANGE thinks HE is above the law.

This is no conspiracy; it's fact; wether you like it or not

Doesn't fit with your picture perfect do no wrong admitsration? Well all the lies and facts point heavily into the truth category and the op's statement fits perfect with the liberal-progressive-dance around the law-by any means neccessary to get things done agenda. So, I'd like to post something here about operation wide receiver, bushs (seperate from f&f))gun running program. The intent is to show the differences and to stop you and those like you from jumping in with and immediate bush started this argument and to enlighten those who didn't know.

Here is what I believe to be the biggest differences between the two operations and the most telling reasons why the op's statement is most likely true...

Bush- made serious efforts to track weopons

Obama- ATF agents have testified they were ordered to stand down when trying to follow such standard and common sense procedures

Bush- shut down operations after track systems were found and failed

Obama- shut down operations only after a his gun was found at the murder scene of the border patrol agent

Bush- no cover ups

Obama- large scale cover ups, perjury by top level officials, noone held accountable and of course very little MSM coverage

Edited by Is it for real

I'm sure the Republican dominated Congress will get right on that :P:rolleyes:

This whole "going to take our guns!" deal has been going on since Obama took office. Heck it was going on when Bush was in office. Still hasn't happened.

This story's nothing more than a fund raising gimmick by the nra at this point

http://www.foxnews.c...for-gun-stores/

While new restrictions ARE reasonable, I suspect that F&F was a set up to make these and other restrictions more palatable while setting precedents for more diminution of 2nd amendment rights later.. This "botched" ATF mission allowed thousands of guns to "walk" across the border and NO attempt was made to stop it. And yes I think Gen. Holder's Justice dept is completely capable of such deviousness.