Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The First Sign

ohio traveler

Whether it be 2012, the apocalypse, or the end of time, is there predicted to be one certain definite event that is supposed to occur first to get the ball rolling ?

Biblical, Mayan, Ancient prophecy, Nostradamus, etc

Just one specific event that is supposed to occur first ?

* edit for spelling error

Edited by clyde barrow

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karmakazi

• and-then

• Amalthe

• Simbi Laveau

An election of an honest politician?

Weather it be 2012, the apocalypse, or the end of time, is there predicted to be one certain definite event that is supposed to occur first to get the ball rolling ?

(You mean whether not weather I think)

But anyway, I think we have had an end with water already so I think the Mayan 'prophecy' said something about fire having something to do with this end of an age. So maybe a nuclear war or a meteorite storm that ravages the planet.

If you believe we were visited by aliens in the ancient past they may have known about events that have happened elsewhere in the universe that will eventually effect us and that is what they have tried to teach us. Although if it is inevitable then wouldn't ignorance be bliss? Unless they are going to come back and save some of us. I vote for the indigenous people that live in rain forests they are truly human.

War in the middle east, and an unknown man (as of this time) who single handedly resolves the conflict with a peace treaty between Israel and it's surrounding enemies. At least, that's how the Biblical end times starting point goes. Actually it supposedly started already with the nation of Israel being re-founded 50-60 years ago. I remember reading something about those who are alive during that time and their respective generation shall not pass away before the end. My parent's generation, my dad's 64, so, yeah...

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Wasn't there a prophecy about another temple built in Jerusalem before the whole thing goes bang... ('cept louder) ;)

(You mean whether not weather I think)

But anyway, I think we have had an end with water already so I think the Mayan 'prophecy' said something about fire having something to do with this end of an age. So maybe a nuclear war or a meteorite storm that ravages the planet.

And what prophecy would that be? As far as I know the Mayans did not make any Prophecy about the end times. Care to clarify?

Edited by Grey14

War in the middle east, and an unknown man (as of this time) who single handedly resolves the conflict with a peace treaty between Israel and it's surrounding enemies. At least, that's how the Biblical end times starting point goes. Actually it supposedly started already with the nation of Israel being re-founded 50-60 years ago. I remember reading something about those who are alive during that time and their respective generation shall not pass away before the end. My parent's generation, my dad's 64, so, yeah...

Sounds like the 1979 Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty. Guess the end times were over hyped

Not an expert here so...but the last pages of the "Dresden Codex" shows a reptilian god (croc or alligator?) spewing water alongside a witch or shaman pouring out water from vessels...so supposedly...the end comes from deluge...the question I have heard some "experts" asking is "Is this supposed to be a sudden event or could rising sea levels be the culprit?"

Dresden_Codex_Flood.jpg

Signs?

Well every religion and belief system has their prophetic interpretation on what the "signs" are and some people get all excited when there is an apparent overlay or commonality between beliefs. Personally, I think it's just coincidence...if two totally separate religions (separate by time and distance) had matching prophecies, I'd be more interested...but none do...there is just one or two...here and there...that appear to be saying the same thing so people get all excited about it...means nothing really.

I don't see an "End of days" scenario unless you really cross lines and start merging cultural beliefs from multiple ages and eras...but hey...what do I know...just my thoughts...maybe we need to do this!

panic2.gif

Edited by Damrod

Whether it be 2012, the apocalypse, or the end of time, is there predicted to be one certain definite event that is supposed to occur first to get the ball rolling ?

* edit for spelling error

Read Matthew Chapter 24 perhaps. From my studies of the bible and Native American prophecy there is going to be WWIII. It will be cut short so a small remnant of humans survive. Daniel 9: 26 ...And the end of it will be by flood (Over run by a flood of armies). And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations.

There are some interesting YouTube videos from Hopi Elders talking about the coming of the fifth era/Golden Age and events leading up to. Like a woman giving birth it is going to be a very painful transition but the baby is worth it. Having read up on the Hopi prophecies there is the strong possibility a few nukes may go off. Then the ancient star ancestors will intervene. This is also agreed upon by some Buddhist Monks.

Also to make sure stubborn tunnel visioned humans realise there is occurring a divine intervention the sun and moon will be darkened (literally) at a time no eclipse of the moon is expected. And all people on earth will hear the voice of god or ‘gods’ whatever, to really bring home the fact. And the ‘return’ of Christ and his brothers will be seen with the naked eye of all humans. Interestingly the Native Americans acknowledge a Son of God and that he is coming back to put an end to the Great War or no human would survive. King of South vanquished by King of North who will then be vanquished by Christ, apparently. I did have a Indian prophecy talking about this also but my old computer died taking with it the file and now can not find it on the internet. Something about three dragons (white, red and a black one if memory serves me right) and a woman with a white feather I think. All I get now if I google is endless pages of info on war games involving dragons and women.

I remember something about 3 days of darkness (According to the mayan story) which could explain the super volcano's.

Especially now that they have found a second super volcano in Germany, however 3 days of darkness would be a little short I still find it one of the more reliable stories especially because they are scientificly proven to be there..

War in the middle east

There has never NOT been war in the Middle East. We should be worried when there's peace in the ME.

Most Christians believe that the final 7 years before Christ physically returns to earth to rule and reign will be a time of great trouble know as the TRIBULATION. It begins when a world leader helps broker middle east peace for 7 years. Three and a half years into the seven this world leader requires everyone to worship HIM as God.(this time is known as the GREAT TRIBULATION)

No one who refuses his mark can buy, sell or do any business so refusing the mark is like a death sentence. But to reject his mark also makes a person eligible for beheading.

Christians can never do this. Many of them will be beheaded. Those of any faith that take the mark will be eternally damned. It's all written about in the book of revelation. A book where Jesus reveals himself to us.

Most Christians believe that the final 7 years before Christ physically returns to earth to rule and reign will be a time of great trouble know as the TRIBULATION. It begins when a world leader helps broker middle east peace for 7 years. Three and a half years into the seven this world leader requires everyone to worship HIM as God.(this time is known as the GREAT TRIBULATION)No one who refuses his mark can buy, sell or do any business so refusing the mark is like a death sentence. But to reject his mark also makes a person eligible for beheading.

Christians can never do this. Many of them will be beheaded. Those of any faith that take the mark will be eternally damned. It's all written about in the book of revelation. A book where Jesus reveals himself to us.

I do remember reading about this. But I would think that this event would be extremely obvious to everyone. How could the biblical anti-christ be so sly at pulling this off without his true identity and plan exposed ?

An election of an honest politician?

Coinciding with a camel passing through the eye of a needle and Hell freezing over.

I do remember reading about this. But I would think that this event would be extremely obvious to everyone. How could the biblical anti-christ be so sly at pulling this off without his true identity and plan exposed ?

It's obvious isn't it? God is helping him. After all this all God's plan.

God's such a jerk u_u

All these apocalyptic heralds are truth exclusive to each religion. If all of them happen then that means all of them are true. If only one happens then one is true and none are false. If none of them happen then obviously none of them are true. Guess which one I think is most likely. ^^

There has never NOT been war in the Middle East. We should be worried when there's peace in the ME.

Yeah...that's kind of what I said about a perfect peace treaty negotiator like no other, orchestrating a false end to all the middle east chaos...then turning out to be a tyrant after a couple of years, aka anti-Christ type.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

• 2 weeks later...

From what I gather the concencus in Christian Apocrypha is that the first sign is false prophets, apparently there will be a proliferation of false prophecies - kinda makes saying anything about end times rather moot I'm thinking.:innocent:

The "beginning of the end" of various belief systems: (please forgive the extensive paraphrasing)

Buddhism describes a time when there will be swords in the hand of every man, and we'll all hunt each other like game, but some will shelter in hiding and after all the slaying has ended they'll come out and begin virtuous lives again.

Christianity (revelations) refers to the tribulation as a time when man turns against man and ultimately there is a system in place where those without a mark are tortured, put to death, or not allowed to participate in society and may ultimately die of starvation or pestilence. It's hard to say what the first sign is though, because of the question of when the rapture occurse in relation to the tribulation. If the rapture occurred first then it would be the first sign.

Hinduism describes us as being in the Kali Yuga (last of four periods in an age) when human beings are most at odds with each other with infighting, war and quarreling, however at the end of the Kali Yuga we would simply move into the next age, rather than there being an "end".

Islam - Muhammed described people as having whips in their hands and waking and going to sleep with the "wrath of God" which seems to again describe people fighting or causing harm to one another.

Lakota Indians told a story of a very old woman living in a hidden cave, weaving a blanket strip of porcupine quills. Every so often she puts it down to go to the fire and stir the deep red berry soup she has on the fire, and while she does so the black dog with her pulls quills out of the strip so that she never makes any progress. When she finally completes the belt, the world would come to an end.

Hopi Indians spoke of the Blue Star Kachina, which when he appeared would signal that the end was near. There was description of animals with unnatural features appearing in the wild, earth changes and fire storms. Some of the story seems to involve signs in the stars, as if it refurs to certain planetary movements and the zodiac.

Aztecs refer to creation/end times as a cycle, birth, death, rebirth. They believed the end of this cycle would come with earthquakes.

Gnosticism (specifically Valentinism) refers to eschatology as being individual and occurring as an individual awakens themselves rather than at a single future time for all of humanity.

In general, most speak of earth changes such as earthquakes, volcanoes, etc, and / or human infighting... though both have occurred throughout history with no perception that the end has come or that we're in it... at least not among the general populus.

Then again, there are those who believe that the Revelations chapter of the bible has already occurred and referred to events of the first few centuries in the middle east.

I remember something about 3 days of darkness (According to the mayan story) which could explain the super volcano's.

Especially now that they have found a second super volcano in Germany, however 3 days of darkness would be a little short I still find it one of the more reliable stories especially because they are scientificly proven to be there..

The volcano has been known and studied for some times now

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/01/fearmongering-gets-started-in-2012-laacher-see-is-not-ready-to-blow/

Well it is not a dooms day event but i'd say first contact for modern human civilization on 21.12.2012. I hope!

Lost track of this thread for awhile...

Christians are split on the concept of the "rapture of the church" but this disappearance of Christians would account for people not understanding what's going on then. Most people wouldn't have a clue about biblical end times expectations other than Christians and religious scholars. And when a mid east war is fought where nukes are threatened to be used or even USED...then not many people will worry about prophecies. They'll be scared to death that their world might be coming to an end and that's all they'll care about. Imagine that some rational, charismatic, articulate strong man comes forward with a solution that is acceptable to Jews AND Muslims.

Think of it...someone ACTUALLY finding a way to peace in that region. World wide hero overnight... A seven year treaty is signed for "confidence building" and both sides begin to disarm. Three and a half years later this guy ups and says I'm G-D worship me or die.

Long answer...SHORT answer is that the SIGN is the seven year peace deal.

Honestly I hope for that whole theory that we will all reach a higher conciousness and learn to love one another unconditionally. A life of love and adventure is a life I'd give anything for. It's my dream. But nothing will probally happen and if the end of the world were to happen then I guess all this paranoia and BS will be for naught. I just hope something good happens is that to much to ask for?

Most Christians believe that the final 7 years before Christ physically returns to earth to rule and reign will be a time of great trouble know as the TRIBULATION. It begins when a world leader helps broker middle east peace for 7 years. Three and a half years into the seven this world leader requires everyone to worship HIM as God.(this time is known as the GREAT TRIBULATION)

No one who refuses his mark can buy, sell or do any business so refusing the mark is like a death sentence. But to reject his mark also makes a person eligible for beheading.

then a bulet hit him right between his eyes. and then every one will rejoice. the evil one is dead.

also i don't think anyone would follow him other then his small band of followers. and if it bleeds it can die. nothing is immortal. in the physical plain. and it will take a army of demons to stop me.

then a bulet hit him right between his eyes. and then every one will rejoice. the evil one is dead.

also i don't think anyone would follow him other then his small band of followers. and if it bleeds it can die. nothing is immortal. in the physical plain. and it will take a army of demons to stop me.

Are you really that dumb? What?...12 to 15 years old maybe?

It won't play out that way and we all know this...it is a chess game...there are those that know they will win and those that already know they won't.....so...

I f you need to embrace one violent faction over another... suppose that will eventually be revealed...but that is not the plan and your time is short...enjoy...