Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 million-year-old giant footprint

73V3N

is there any way to prove its been carved by someone?

I would imagine that if this footprint was carved by what we consider to be a ''master sculptor'' I think it would be difficult to find any evidence of tool marks. The other thing to consider is that this carved footprint has been open to the elements for a very long time which will cause erosion of the granite surface making it even more difficult to see any possible tool marks.

Before anyone says that the footprint does not look like it has any effects of erosion, with granite, the erosion tend to smooth out the surface, thus removing any tool maks that might have been there. :)

edit,,,,,typo :)

Edited by Englishgent

skull2.jpg

This is not the head of a giant, this is just an artificially deformed head.

It's about time you start using the search tool of this site.

Maybe a giant stamped on the above head :devil:

• Like 1

Even as a practicing Christian, I don't believe there was a real Flood and real "Giants", as is outlined in the Bible. Pretty much all of Genesis is allegorical, meant as a message, not a history. Even Exodus is mostly allegorical.

I will tend to agree with those posters who have pointed out that a footprint cannot normally be made in granite. And granite cannot be ductile enough for such a footprint, unless it was scortching hot, near molten. I do believe that God could have provided a situation where some supernatural being made such a footprint, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that is what happened. The explaination that it was a natural formation and was sculpted somewhat is a LOT easier to believe.

As to 24 foot humans. They are not anatomically possible, not and remain identifiably human. Even if this giant lived in the time of the dinosaurs where the atmosphere itself helped somewhat, and if it had thick and dense dinosaur-like bones and muscles, it would have not been able to walk, as the skeletal structure would not have worked as in a modern human. He would have immediately broken a bone, or twisted a joint, or pulled some muscle or tendon. The giant would have had to have been squat and wide, with a low center of gravity... and basically unrecognizable as a human.

What a load of crrr... Granite is intrusive, igneous rock and is formed from magma that cools and solidifies within the crust of a planet. Sigh... People just love to make stuff up.

You seem to know what you're talking about.

So, any theories on how that footprint was made?

Even as a practicing Christian, I don't believe there was a real Flood and real "Giants", as is outlined in the Bible. Pretty much all of Genesis is allegorical, meant as a message, not a history. Even Exodus is mostly allegorical.

I will tend to agree with those posters who have pointed out that a footprint cannot normally be made in granite. And granite cannot be ductile enough for such a footprint, unless it was scortching hot, near molten. I do believe that God could have provided a situation where some supernatural being made such a footprint, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that is what happened. The explaination that it was a natural formation and was sculpted somewhat is a LOT easier to believe.

As to 24 foot humans. They are not anatomically possible, not and remain identifiably human. Even if this giant lived in the time of the dinosaurs where the atmosphere itself helped somewhat, and if it had thick and dense dinosaur-like bones and muscles, it would have not been able to walk, as the skeletal structure would not have worked as in a modern human. He would have immediately broken a bone, or twisted a joint, or pulled some muscle or tendon. The giant would have had to have been squat and wide, with a low center of gravity... and basically unrecognizable as a human.

Really? Great flood did'nt happen?

Ok well enlighten me and exlain how the grand canyon was formed.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I thnk you will find that at the top end of the canyon there was once a vrey large lake well above sea level which breached and caused large amounts of water to flow down what is now the canyon. Erosion over thousands of years carved out the canyon. Not a great flood!.

If there was a flood on a biblical scale, then it was localised to the biblical region. There just is not enough water on this planet to cause a worldwide biblical scale flood. :)

I thnk you will find that at the top end of the canyon there was once a vrey large lake well above sea level which breached and caused large amounts of water to flow down what is now the canyon. Erosion over thousands of years carved out the canyon. Not a great flood!.

If there was a flood on a biblical scale, then it was localised to the biblical region. There just is not enough water on this planet to cause a worldwide biblical scale flood. :)

You really think that if the water in the artic regions would melt totally that the earth basically would not be covered up? And lets not forget a word called evaporation, you think that in these days and times with 100 degree weather water would not evaporate?

As to giants, as I have stated and pointed out, you are thinking of human concepts, giants are not human.....Read the books and documentations of Doc Marquis as he has actual pics of giant bones found and skeletal remains that are not normally allowed to be released to the public.

There are documents of the vatican and other areas and historians and explorers of what they have found and been pointed out on the website I posted and yet people still believe what has been seen and written by actual people...

really no need to go on with this conversation as minds only believe what they want even when there is actual documents and testimonies by people...

I will be responding no more to this topic.....

You really think that if the water in the artic regions would melt totally that the earth basically would not be covered up?

Nope, it wouldn't.

Scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey estimate that If all of the ice sitting on land in Greenland and Antarctica melted it would cause global sea levels to rise by about 215 feet, or about 65 meters.

Source

cormac

You really think that if the water in the artic regions would melt totally that the earth basically would not be covered up? And lets not forget a word called evaporation, you think that in these days and times with 100 degree weather water would not evaporate?

As to giants, as I have stated and pointed out, you are thinking of human concepts, giants are not human.....Read the books and documentations of Doc Marquis as he has actual pics of giant bones found and skeletal remains that are not normally allowed to be released to the public.

There are documents of the vatican and other areas and historians and explorers of what they have found and been pointed out on the website I posted and yet people still believe what has been seen and written by actual people...

really no need to go on with this conversation as minds only believe what they want even when there is actual documents and testimonies by people...

I will be responding no more to this topic.....

I dont think, I KNOW there would not be enough water to cover all the land.

As for 100degree temps, we dont have those in arctic or antarctic area and it is unlikely we will have for probably millions of years.

I dont need to read stories about giant bones that are ''not normally released to the public''. Anyone thats says ''not normally released to the publc' is in cloud cuckoo land. Is this statement supposed to make these documents more plausible? I dont think so.

Any documents the vatican hides are those which the vatican does not want to release due to contradictions they probably contain in reference to the bible.

You are right. Minds only believe what they want to believe. Your mind refuses to believe in scientific fact and irrefutable evidence. It would rather believe in fairy stories.

If you dont wish to partake further, that is entirely up to you, but I would suspect it is probably because you know this is an argument you cannot win. :).

Edited by Englishgent

Thanks!

Are you kidding? You really think the grand canyon was formed by a single 'great flood'?

Grand Canyon

Flood Myth

Why do people always try to explain things using mythical stories as evidence to support their claims?

:huh:

You seem to know what you're talking about.

So, any theories on how that footprint was made?

Its not a footprint! Its weathered part of granite (What happens when granite is weathered?), which moron on YT considers a footprint. Unless "giant" teleported himself into magma (!) and stayed there for thousands and thousands of years waiting until magma cooled down to form granite.

Why do people always try to explain things using mythical stories as evidence to support their claims?

Because reality scares the hell out of them. :lol:

cormac

Wow look at those jaws.

What did those Paracaseans eat anyway...trees?

Could be an adaptation to compensate for the severely 'out-of-shape' skull.

Here's an interesting webpage about the health effects those extreme skull deformations must have had:

http://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/skull-design-and-ccvbp/

Maybe a giant stamped on the above head :devil:

Impossible.

There's no "giant footprint" in the skull.

Harte

Could be an adaptation to compensate for the severely 'out-of-shape' skull.

Here's an interesting webpage about the health effects those extreme skull deformations must have had:

http://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/skull-design-and-ccvbp/

Could be...and yes, that was interesting.

But that Paracasoid looks like he could chew the raw-ass clean off an ill-tempered buffalo.

If he was really hungry, I mean.

Thanks!

A million years and the Colorado river. :geek:

If the Great Flood created the Grand Canyon, then, since it was a world wide flood, we should see hundreds of other canyons just as deep and just as wide. Yet we don't.

On all the world's ice melting, Cormac is right that the sea level would only rise 65 meters. Satalite technology, ice penetrating radar, and other technologies have allowed mankind to find out very closely how much ice is at the poles and using that calculate what would happen if it melted.

Could be...and yes, that was interesting.

But that Paracasoid looks like he could chew the raw-ass clean off an ill-tempered buffalo.

If he was really hungry, I mean.

I hope you noticed he lost a lot of the molars in the back of his mouth.

And, that a lot of the bone tissue near the roots of the teeth and molars was lost in time, and that that is what made the teeth amd molars look huge.

• 2 months later...

Awesome! What a freaky coincidence! :) I love nature

'Cause myths used to be a way to explain the world before we came up with better ways of finding authors, and people still find these stories compelling. Either for religious reasons or due to peer pressure.

Because Most myths have truths that are inside it at some point, take a myth find out the orgin or beginning of it and you will have some truth enshrouded in it.

Because Most myths have truths that are inside it at some point, take a myth find out the orgin or beginning of it and you will have some truth enshrouded in it.

Which may well be entirely unrelated to the later versions of the myth.

Take Robin Hood.

He started out as a mess named Ribbon Hod who lived in a tree.