Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A little advice please?

Jen369

Hi everyone,

I've been having a few...issues...lately, and I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could perhaps offer some advice. A few years ago, for various reasons (mainly because it just made life easier), I dissociated myself from my, let's call it, "more intuitive side." I was able to fit in with people better, I didn't feel quite so different, I lost connection with my deeper self, but hey, all in all life was great. A couple of weeks ago though, I figured that I should reconnect again (for various complicated reasons). But since then, I've been...overwhelmed. It's so hard to be around people anymore, so any public place feels like too much, especially with the noise. And it really drains me - I'm exhausted all the time. It's gotten so bad I need to shut out the world for days, either sleeping or reading by myself - and let's face it, I can't keep doing that. I feel like it's an energy thing, maybe my output/input flow is screwed up somehow, because it's not like I'm "reading" anymore than I used to from people around me. And I've noticed that if I go somewhere with really clean energy (like Whole Foods) or a small space (like my car), the pressure and fatigue ease. But I don't know what to do. I eat well, I exercise every day, I have a happy home life with an awesome husband and lots of animals to ease the stress of professional school - it's not like I don't take care of myself. But I'm so tired, all the time. I actually want to cry when I think of going somewhere with lots of people. It's even affecting my work...I can't keep up with school if I'm sleeping all the time.

So is there anything anyone can suggest? Crystals? Meditations? Psychotherapy/drugs? (boy wouldn't that be nice if they had a drug for sensory overload) Any help would be appreciated. Oh and also, as a side note, I have been to medical doctors about my fatigue - they didn't know what was wrong with me, and/or their suggestions/medications didn't help. So...I'm getting a little desperate. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jen369

• Elitepastafa

• Leah G.

• and-then

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so take my advice at face value, but I'd say that you aren't balanced enough. It sounds like you went from no focus on you "intuitive side" to all focus on it. Try to even it out to about 50/50, see if that helps any.

Sounds like me just before I was diagnosed with depression.

Sounds like me just before I was diagnosed with depression.

I've been diagnosed with depression before (and have had drugs, therapy, the works)...this definitely isn't depression. But I can see where that idea comes from, I was always pretty tired when I was depressed too.

And Elite, I guess I'm not sure what you mean by being too focused. I really try to not pay much attention to that side of myself in everyday life, is that what you mean?

I'd try some meditation and shielding. It's not hard and after you get the hang of it you can do it in a minute, anytime, anywhere you feel stressed. I have a grounding meditation that helps quite a bit and it's a short one that you can do anywhere.

Gracie.

No don't use drugs to dull your sensory overload. You just don't understand how to handle it, that's all.

Crystals

Crystals can definitely help. The ones to get a hold of are amethyst, clear quartz, black tourmaline. Now when it comes to crystal quality, don't waste your time or money on tumbled or polished stones ever. The process deadens the metaphysical properties of the stone. So ask for /buy raw or rough only. Secondly, when it comes to amethyst go for as dense and deep a colour as you can get, with quartz go for as clear a texture.

When you acquire your crystals run them under a cold tap, shake them and that's them cleansed. Wear them on you for a few days in a pocket to imprint them with your energy. Crystals are programmable, so you can select a purpose for them and using intention program them to shield, boost your energy, ground you.

Meditation

Meditation is an extremely useful tool for a whole lot of things, grounding, shielding, connecting when you want to. Disconnecting and blocking when you don't want to deal with a person/place and so on. Meditation does not have to be sitting cross legged singing kumbahya either, finding what works for you is your own thing. But the end result should be enough control to assert your own intention and hold your space whenever you need too. Crystals can help boost all this.

The rest is a common problem amongst sensitives to energy. Part of it is learning to build our tolerance up to other energies that are perhaps not within your tolerance range. I think when we feel particularly uncomfortable or fatigued it's because we are working hard to balance and transmute the energy imbalances around us and from other people. It's in a sense a healing thing but, too much can mean being like a sponge and absorbing what 'incompetent others' aren't dealing with within their own space and energies. Because everyone is constantly projecting and not always aware of these layers. Using certain meditation techniques to establish our own space and keeping it our own space can help a lot.

Grounding

The simplest and most effective way to ground is to imagine your feet growing elastic tree roots deep into the earth. Let everything from you flow down the roots, see yourself as conduit which is connected to the earth and one who does not have to hold onto everything with your energy field.

Another is to feel like your feet are magnets against the earths surface, so with every move of your feet is like a magnetic brushing which pulls from you to the earth.

Chakra work

I'm a big fan of chakra energy work, look up google there is loads of help there. But learning to feel your own energy and field/space and taking control of the main energy centres like your root for grounding, your solar plexus for presence/self empowerment and so on will help you learn to feel what part of you is blocked and having an issue if things flare up. Ie a congested/blocked root chakra will make grounding and your over all sense of self feel powerless.

And Elite, I guess I'm not sure what you mean by being too focused. I really try to not pay much attention to that side of myself in everyday life, is that what you mean?

What I mean is, if you look at it as a slider

intuitive<=================>not intuitive

You started somewhere on the slider, then moved it all the way to the right. When you decided to return to your intuitive side, you slid all the way to the left. try to find some sort of middle ground there and see if that works. Of course, I don't really know what you mean by intuitive, and I know extremely little about metaphysics. It's just that taking the middle ground works almost every time when I have a problem, so it might not hurt to try it. That being said, the above poster probably has far better advice for you.

No don't use drugs to dull your sensory overload. You just don't understand how to handle it, that's all.

Crystals

Crystals can definitely help. The ones to get a hold of are amethyst, clear quartz, black tourmaline. Now when it comes to crystal quality, don't waste your time or money on tumbled or polished stones ever. The process deadens the metaphysical properties of the stone. So ask for /buy raw or rough only. Secondly, when it comes to amethyst go for as dense and deep a colour as you can get, with quartz go for as clear a texture.

When you acquire your crystals run them under a cold tap, shake them and that's them cleansed. Wear them on you for a few days in a pocket to imprint them with your energy. Crystals are programmable, so you can select a purpose for them and using intention program them to shield, boost your energy, ground you.

Meditation

Meditation is an extremely useful tool for a whole lot of things, grounding, shielding, connecting when you want to. Disconnecting and blocking when you don't want to deal with a person/place and so on. Meditation does not have to be sitting cross legged singing kumbahya either, finding what works for you is your own thing. But the end result should be enough control to assert your own intention and hold your space whenever you need too. Crystals can help boost all this.

The rest is a common problem amongst sensitives to energy. Part of it is learning to build our tolerance up to other energies that are perhaps not within your tolerance range. I think when we feel particularly uncomfortable or fatigued it's because we are working hard to balance and transmute the energy imbalances around us and from other people. It's in a sense a healing thing but, too much can mean being like a sponge and absorbing what 'incompetent others' aren't dealing with within their own space and energies. Because everyone is constantly projecting and not always aware of these layers. Using certain meditation techniques to establish our own space and keeping it our own space can help a lot.

Grounding

The simplest and most effective way to ground is to imagine your feet growing elastic tree roots deep into the earth. Let everything from you flow down the roots, see yourself as conduit which is connected to the earth and one who does not have to hold onto everything with your energy field.

Another is to feel like your feet are magnets against the earths surface, so with every move of your feet is like a magnetic brushing which pulls from you to the earth.

Chakra work

I'm a big fan of chakra energy work, look up google there is loads of help there. But learning to feel your own energy and field/space and taking control of the main energy centres like your root for grounding, your solar plexus for presence/self empowerment and so on will help you learn to feel what part of you is blocked and having an issue if things flare up. Ie a congested/blocked root chakra will make grounding and your over all sense of self feel powerless.

Thank you!!!!!! This is so helpful. I didn't know what this was and what I could do about it, I'll try all your suggestions. And that's funny, I actually just got an amethyst today...but I didn't know about the polished thing, I'll have to go back and get some raw crystals.

Thank you!!!!!! This is so helpful. I didn't know what this was and what I could do about it, I'll try all your suggestions. And that's funny, I actually just got an amethyst today...but I didn't know about the polished thing, I'll have to go back and get some raw crystals.

You may consider a sleep study aswell. Simple sleep problems can also cause your symptoms. Try to get stones that are not strip mined. If you can collect them yourself it's much better.

jen369,

The goal, as I see it, is to reconnect with your deeper self. That is essentially why you feel drained at this point. The conflict between fitting into a sleeping culture and awakening to your inner wisdom is energetically effecting you.

Energy work where you are kind to that aspect of you which desired and appreciated the value of integrating with those around you will help. When you reflect on those desires and the feelings which prompted them, your compassion for self will be established.

Now everything will come together for you once you have reconnected with your deeper self. This is much more than working with sensory awareness. You need to invest yourself wholeheartedly with your deepest desires and intentions.

I hope that my perspective on this will be helpful.

John

Thanks John and Seeker, I appreciate your advice. :) Hopefully I can get over this issue soon, but in these past few days it has improved somewhat...so progress is good!!