Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Playstation Memories...

mr_halo

ok i've just set up my old playstation in order to play final fantasy 7, hurray!!, i just love the game so much and its just brings back so many memories of things that were happening when i first played it and how difficult i thought the game was and how at first i thought it was so bad....but now i love it!!!...

anyway share your best playstation games and memories with me...if you want to of course, no pressure...i'm easy original.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shakezulah

• BurnSide

• mr_halo

• gaz

i just set up my PS today to play Brave Fencer Musashi. i love that game so much and the aequel is gonna be awesome. of course, the RE games and the PE games are great too. the Syphon Filter games are also still pretty fun.

I remember my first time playing the first Resident Evil.

Wow.

yeah i remember playing resident evil for the first time on a christmas morning, i didn't get the game for ages after it was released, but i was so scared.....

god my playstation was so expensive back then...... laugh.gif

the first game i played for the playstation was alien trilogy, and i loved it....

Edited by mr_halo

the first game i had for my PS was RE 2. i didnt understand how to play so i left it up to my bro and my dad to do that. but when i firgured out how to play, i was addicted to it. i bought the original RE later but i sold it a few yeards ago. i wish i hadnt. i think im gonna re-buy it.

Ugh Alien Trilogy, the worst game ever made!

1G0TP1NKAC1DB00TS0N

The first PS game i ever played was Crash Bandicoot, but the first one i ever owned was a fast-paced side-scroller called PANDEMONIUM. It was alot of fun!

i love the Crash games. i used to have the first 3. i almost bought Pandemonium one time cuz it looked awsome. the Megaman Legends games were extremely fun. i still have both of them and still play them once in awhile

Pandemonium got old.

Let's see, what games have i owned for the PS...

Pandemonium

DOOM 1+ 2

FINAL DOOM

X-2 (Side scrolling shooter)

Ultimate Pinball

WORMS

Micro Machines

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider 2

Tomb Raider 3

Metal Gear Solid

FF7

FF8

FF9

Silent Hill

Soul Reaver

Duke Nukem 3D

Duke Nukem: Time to Kill

I'm sure there's about 10 others i can't put my finger on. Oh well, some gay some cool.

i owned like a million PS games(not really). i still own less than half of them now. the ones i owned were:

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Silent Hill

Apocalypse

MegaMan Legends 1

MegaMan Legends 2

Crash Bandicoot

Crash 2

Crash 3

Parasite Eve

Parasite Eve 2

RayCrisis

R-Type Delta

Grand Theft Auto

Test Drive 5

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Brave Fencer Musashi

Nuclear Strike

Harry Potter 1

Starfighter Sanvein

Duke Nuken: Time To Kill

i know for a fact that there are tons more. i just cant rememeber them

Edited by hereticdude666

I got my Playstation on September first, second or third 1997. My parents had bought it for me for my birthday along with Mortal Kombat 4, an extra controller, and a mega memory card. My dad helped me set it up and I started playing. I chose Reiko and I almost beat the novice but Johnny Cage ended my winning streak. Next Saturday, I bought a bunch of games and even more after that. Ever week or month I would buy more games. After receiving my first Playstation magazine (September or October 1998 issue with Spyro on the cover) I subscribed to the Playsation magazine at the end of 1998 and got magazines every month for the next two years along with their demos.

On May 25, 1999, I received a package in the mail from my uncle. I opened it and saw an image of a gray, vicious shark. GAMESHARK. Didn't even know exactly what it was but my cousin called a while after I opened it and said he got one too from our uncle. He told me how to set it up and all of that. I stayed up till 3 playing games with invincibility mode.

On September 2 2001, I bought my last two Playstation games ever. Grand Theft Auto 2 and Final Fantasy 8. Old at the time but I never owned the games myself. Played for a few weeks and completely stopped. During the next few years, I would occasionly play a game or two but that's it. I also thought about purchasing a PS2, Xbox or Gamecube. I was planning on it and eventually saved up enough money to buy all of them together but I didn't care for gaming anymore.

June 13 2004. I knew I probably wouldn't ever play most of my games ever again and didn't have any future purposes for them so I sold 13 of my games to this guy at Gamestop in a Cubs shirt for a measly $20.08. Not much but better than nothing. Plus I figured the prices for used PSX games were going to drop even more since PS3 is coming out. Still have a bunch of other games but I haven't touched them since I took them out and sold the ones I didn't want.

And my gaming days are officially over.

First PS game I played was Space Hulk.

Most memoriable ones I played were FF7 (Aeris dying made FF7 the first game that made me cry) and Res Evil

ahh, the memories.....

FFVIII I've spent 100's of hours on that game, and still love it grin2.gif

GTA2 Stil fun to cruise and crush people tongue.gif

Gran Turismo 2 i spent a lot of time on that game too grin2.gif

i think those are my most memorable......

C&C: Red Alert Retaliation that was an awsome army game grin2.gif

and

Worm World Party classic worm killing fun

Edited by Janiel

Area 51 was awsome too. i never had it but i enjoyed playing it at my friends house

crying.gif mom never got me a PS1 crying.gif but she caved w/ the ps2 so its alllll goooood tongue.gif

*giggle* Harry Potter!?

265452[/snapback]

yeah. so what? its a pretty fun game. and i like Harry Potter a lot. good books. good movies.

I used to play Area51 at the Arcade years and years back, when i still lived in England. We used to go at it on the high scores, spend 20quiz on the damn machine.

Those were the good days of gaming, when things could still be simple but have great revolutionary graphics each time.

i had maximum force for the playstation, that was just like area 51, i had loads of light gun games actually, point blank, time crisis etc

original.gif

by the way i really enjoyed alien trilogy, and die hard trilogy laugh.gif

Die Hard Trilogy was good.

The first game I played was Syphon Filter 2 (I played others before, but it was the first game that I played on MY PS). Was kinda good... but my favs will always be FF9 and MGS. I loved MGS so much that I only bought my PS2 in order to play MGS2 original.gif

And the one who truly scared me was Silent Hill. Man I was ****** scared when the world turned into the "Otherworld". I even got so scared that I once turned off the console because I couldn't take it any more LOL. I didn't play another SH game for many years because I didn't want to be scared like I did with SH1.

Ah yes, January 1st...some odd year. Me birthday. I got PS2 with an extra controller, Spyro (damn that was an odly good game) and Twisted Metal 2 (still a fav.)

I never bought that many games, but rented games alot. Until one sad day when my brother broke my playstation...that beast gave me a good...2-3 years of gaming...

But then PS2 came! Again, for me birthday! original.gif.

The only games ive bought is The Hobbit and Vice City (why would I need another when I got that?).

And the only other game I want to buy is San Andreas!

Most of my PSO games are RPG's i never was abe to beat FF7 (yeah i know pretty sad but i hate fighting Sephiroth at the end) After that cheap move he has that kills my guys in like one hit i was done with it.

I cant beat Wild Arms 3 (ps2) or Dragon Warrior 3 (not a ps game but still darn hard)

I never got into resident evil i couldn't stand the controls. Story is pretty good though.

My PSO sits in the closet, now I have a gamecube. At the time of PSO, i lived off of starwars games rolleyes.gif .

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE

did anyone have the Parasite Eve games? those were awesome games, especially the 2nd one, which is one of my favorite games ever. i was totally hooked on the 2nd one when i first got it. i still havent unlocked everything in it. thats nearly impossible. especially since half of the stuff needs to be unlocked in Nightmare mode, which almost really IS impossible. you do a third of the normal damage, enemies deal 3 times normal amount of damage, and you only get to use 2 healing items thorughout the whole game.