Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia proposes manned Moon base

Saru

Russia is discussing the possibility of a permanent manned outpost on the Moon with NASA and ESA.

Partnership in space exploration between Russia's space agency Roscosmos, the European Space Agency and NASA has been ongoing for more than a decade in the International Space Station project.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james1951

• puridalan

• badeskov

• Rlyeh

Russia is discussing the possibility of a permanent manned outpost on the Moon with NASA and ESA.

Finally, lets hope it comes to more than* just talk. :clap:

Great news for space exploration!!

Edited by BFB

As long as all these nations stay friends then they might achieve this

Whats man going to do on the moon except indulge his sense of curiosity. Its childish and a complete waste of time and money.

Well Calibveliever if they can get that up and running - and then give the people free energy for their basic needs, then sure. But I don't want to see the moon raped by mining companies as the Earth has been. No.

There are many resources on the moon and many elements to be harvested, much to be explored, its just a matter of money, politics and time.

Great if it happpens,as long as they dont find our base on the dark side

Whats man going to do on the moon except indulge his sense of curiosity. Its childish and a complete waste of time and money.

I dont think its a waste of money,if we are eventually go to the stars we have to start somewhere,and the moon is ideal as a forward base.We cannot stay here forever as resources ie:- minerals, food for billions,will become exhausted sooner than later.

I dont think its a waste of money,if we are eventually go to the stars we have to start somewhere,and the moon is ideal as a forward base.We cannot stay here forever as resources ie:- minerals, food for billions,will become exhausted sooner than later.

Plus it would be ideal for getting experience in preparation for long term expeditions to, e.g., Mars.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Plus it would be ideal for getting experience in preparation for long term expeditions to, e.g., Mars.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Thanks for agreeing,the only problem I have with it,is I shall be past my "sell by date",by the time it happens,Regards,Spud the Mackem

Thanks for agreeing,the only problem I have with it,is I shall be past my "sell by date",by the time it happens,Regards,Spud the Mackem

If you can put put enough resources on the moon, and the moon is not affect as much because of its lack of atmosphere you might be able to "ride out" any calamity that might happen on earth like the proverbial "pole shift" and return to repopulate the earth a few years after the dust and waters have settled.

No need to thank me - but I will be well past my "sell by date" when it happens as well. Nevertheless, the idea is still intriguing to me.

Cheers,

Badeskov

If you can put put enough resources on the moon, and the moon is not affect as much because of its lack of atmosphere you might be able to "ride out" any calamity that might happen on earth like the proverbial "pole shift" and return to repopulate the earth a few years after the dust and waters have settled.

There is not going to be any sudden pole shift that would kill off the population of the Earth. As long as we have a magnetic field to protect us space dangers, we are fine. It doesn't really matter where the magnetic South and North poles are, as long as they are there. And it happens slowly anyways.

Any thoughts to the contrary is born our of ignorance.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Device

...THey will...that's why they are there. Anywho, farming will go on mars not the moon. The moon will be dug into litearlly and coal will be stuck into it. Read my prediction I posted in the meta thread before this topic was even posted and yes it will happen.

ahh so sick of this crap i heard this ever since i was a kid why dont they just hurry the f up and *** do it already gzzz russia talks about base on the moon ..everyones been "talking " about a base on the moon for the last 50 years

we landed on it supposedly 52 years ago and they still havnt gone back and no base??? am i the only one that thinks thats nuts? i think they should get there asses in gear

Where do I sign up? I'll probably have to fight off 7 billion other folks trying to get on the bus.

There is not going to be any sudden pole shift that would kill off the population of the Earth. As long as we have a magnetic field to protect us space dangers, we are fine. It doesn't really matter where the magnetic South and North poles are, as long as they are there. And it happens slowly anyways.

Cheers,

Badeskov

the problem with having a Moon base is that unless its underground it could be subject to attack by meteorites,the smallest of which could wreck the project as they hit with tremendous velocity,so good luck to the guys/girls who are brave enough to go and establish a base.cheers.

Where do I sign up? I'll probably have to fight off 7 billion other folks trying to get on the bus.

I cant see a calamity of the proportions you suggest happening very soon,but a gigantic solar flare could be as dangerous and they happen frequently, X fingers not soon.A good way to get "on the bus" 27 vet,is to volunteer your services as a chef/cook as all these scientist/astronaut guys have most of the tickets,and they probably dont have time to cook,you dont have to have a science degree to knock up burger and fries,ha ha

Cheers,

Badeskov

It is the scientists that say this has happened many times in history and will again, are they ignorant?

Even if it does happen "slowly" It will change the earth. Also why does it happen and how does it happen.

Is it possible that what causes it gto happen can affect the magnetic field in such a way that it would not protect us?

I doubt 7 million people have the amount of money they are charging just to orbit the earth, let alone what they would charge for even an "economy class" ticket to the moon. And can you imagine what the cheapest rent for a room would cost per night.

the problem with having a Moon base is that unless its underground it could be subject to attack by meteorites,the smallest of which could wreck the project as they hit with tremendous velocity,so good luck to the guys/girls who are brave enough to go and establish a base.cheers.

Not to mention the "moon zombies" that NASA airbrushes out of all those moon photos they release to the public. Maybe the Russian will take along some Off moon zombie reppelant with them.

If you read by above post..yes of course it has to be underground..for many reasons. And yes they are doing it and training for it, spec in the next five yrs. ANd its not russia, its a globaly thing, us included. The moon really is only a base camp mars is being utilized as well.

And sorry the underground thing is the prediction I made in the predictions thread under metaphysics...I posted that befor this article came out

To the other person the rate of going to the moon will be 'cheap' of 40,000 or 40 grand. This is actually 'cheap' and if you know about law you can find ways to get the money. I am happy right here, but ya..things are changing and you can go and be prepared..search the interweb they got all sorts of things, even people getting passports for space..not joking.

Edited by puridalan